Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

W5 - Lea Roan and Lea Argil, FINAL

Nomad
    Nomad

W5 - Lea Roan and Lea Argil, FINAL Empty W5 - Lea Roan and Lea Argil, FINAL

Post  Nomad Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:56 pm

LEA ROAN
    NWHC - Wave 5 - Harbingers of Triumph - Heroes of the Spike

W5 - Lea Roan and Lea Argil, FINAL Y4m-HXXknVvqXNJrX9-UxV7_t5LKvbekMKWY5AQVtHMx4HZSZ1oXUflvjQm0mjhwWl9JnvISmbUrx4hMcdBB3mCcvdN4YJ4uIKs0qw6QSHZkBaSm_Azr7_u93HxiXzl49so67cTcC7Q_fA-5jxWppWerFUMK669N2qpM4YZsZzAMGamuiV5ewV6Df-IWPaGGF0m73IqQaBrAVT7oyrLbxpdvA?width=1024&height=961&cropmode=none

W5 - Lea Roan and Lea Argil, FINAL Y4m6Q55z-0Kk1_lHxxkEvgqQjBcipFkMspIAvOb_kc8RlvZxcZMRzvm9Kc3AphfmIR6KOZ_G3D9bW9mxvEUZ_ka8Sgs15G9469Z_k-SEBKdJhUXfqp27kXTn5jTpfqRawtQ4vtIiEoa6-QZrHbKnhm3DoGDqHrkLagh9IJJlyPXVLGvXevtN9uWTUqXibL-Gnp1_KqYKIBHcv9GwK-OebZ_Jg?width=1024&height=961&cropmode=none

Figure- Confrontation, Lions Manilia Hero Box, Temple of the West, Mounted Red Lioness.

General: Jandar
    Planet: Earth

Species- Human
    Unique Hero
    Class: Champion
    Personality: Wild
    Large 6

Life: 4
    Move: 8
    Range: 1
    Attack: 5
    Defense: 4
    110 Points

FALLEN HORSE OF WAR
    If Lea Argil is in the same army as Lea Roan, when Lea Roan is destroyed, immediately place Lea Argil on a space occupied by Lea Roan. Lea Argil does not take leaving engagement attacks when placed and all order markers on this Army Card are transferred to Lea Argil's Army Card.

LANCE OF VERDURE SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range 1. Attack 3.
    Instead of moving and attacking normally with Lea Roan, you may move Lea Roan up to 6 spaces. Lea Roan may attack up to 2 times with Lance of Verdure Special Attack at any point before, during or after this move as long as Lea Roan is on a space where she could end her movement.

DISMISS THE RABBLE
    When rolling defense dice against adjacent attacking small or medium Squad figures, Lea Roan receives 1 additional defense die.

Character Bio:
    A wild champion and her mighty war horse stampeded across the borderlands of Asia and Europe, striking fear into the foes of her mighty Scythian tribe. Dressed in the finest armament, Lea would charge and charge again with her mighty lance. On foot, Lea would strike with frenzy with her deadly long sword. Summoned by Jandar, this wild champion soon found her niche in the company of the Knights of Weston and the Dreadgul Raiders.

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- N/A

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

-SIR ORRICK: A Brother's Call
    As a Human who follows Jandar, Lea Roan may aid Sir Orrick with his A BROTHER'S CALL movement bonus.

-MACDIRK WARRIORS: Highland Fury
    If chosen as the MacDirk's Human Champion, Lea Roan may aid the MacDirk Warriors with their HIGHLAND FURY attack bonus.

Synergy Benefits Received

-KNIGHTS OF WESTON and MACDIRK WARRIORS: Human Champion Bonding
    As a Human Champion, Lea Roan may benefit from the Knights of Weston's and MacDirk Warriors' HUMAN CHAMPION BONDING activation bonus.

-DREADGUL RAIDERS: Wild Strategic Bonding
    As a Wild Human Hero, Lea Roan may benefit from the Dreadgul Raider's WILD STRATEGIC BONDING activation bonus.

-EBON ARMOR: Animated Materiel & Eternal War
    As a Unique Human, a destroyed Ebon Armor you control may be placed on Lea Roan's Army Card to replace Lea Roan upon her own destruction if Lea Argil is not already on Lea Roan's Army Card.

-CAPT. JOHN VARAN: Purple Heart
    As a Human who follows Jandar, Lea Roan may benefit from Capt. John Varan's PURPLE HEART wound reassignment.

Synergy Imposed

-ISAMU: Dishonorable Attack
    As a figure who follows Jandar, Lea Roan causes Isamu to roll two extra attack die against him with Isamu's DISHONORABLE ATTACK special power.

-OTONASHI: Attack of the Wild 2
    As a Wild figure, Lea Roan causes Otonashi to roll two extra attack die against her with Otonashi's ATTACK OF THE WILD 2 special power.

-MARUTUK: Worthy Challenge
    As a large figure, Tearik Drako causes Marutuk to roll 2 additional dice when making a normal attack against him and Marutuk may not move normally to leave engagement from Tearik Drako, due to Marutuk's WORTHY CHALLENGE special power.

--------------------------------

LEA ARGIL
    NWHC - Wave 5 - Harbingers of Triumph - Heroes of the Spike

W5 - Lea Roan and Lea Argil, FINAL Y4mYOVfCFOcktfocMpXglR5jew01-96-9sML2xkOyBAe8UGDK0_ZsVDgyD6x7MccKPYUFAooVsclnCNUooHdIuLaYPc-Qys_xcqkQqIOh2xSPWlrGhi4d5C4ZNvSOwT_ImfwRuqlaUtjO1lrcx8iVcRt1d_uue_k6VQpeiAhEDkaCYOoyV_n-yc1d-UNFWk-6gCjtOCvP2fIEEX0FR-5sP8wg?width=1024&height=961&cropmode=none

W5 - Lea Roan and Lea Argil, FINAL Y4m10-5ZhrN3gLXI1vCfz1th5JEMMySy4GpGyeUIYDMdtSJDUziR_XPxpNPWXODl0PJnjODloMNcM0JEWqjKDPSk8bLrHV8p6JPiH7sDEL1lGCVA2G5P90zDOKPJSL0tSz5-1z7rvncMT0f8Y8Uv-qBLz1PUenTEuxlgNe7rrmv-qh-5CvR5ozELV0xzb3q0roTHrwGEPTtZpjFmNPoxWrZxA?width=1024&height=961&cropmode=none

Figure- Confrontation, Lions Manilia Hero Box, Temple of the West, Red Lioness.

Species: Human
    Unique Hero
    Medium 5

Life: 3
    Move: 5
    Attack: 4
    55 Points

HORSE OF WAR
    Lea Argil does not start the game on the battlefield if she is in the same army as Lea Roan. Lea Argil is placed on the battlefield when Lea Roan is destroyed.

FRENZY
    After you take a turn with Lea Argil, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may take another turn with Lea Argil.

Character Bio:
    A wild champion and her mighty war horse stampeded across the borderlands of Asia and Europe, striking fear into the foes of her mighty Scythian tribe. Dressed in the finest armament, Lea would charge and charge again with her mighty lance. On foot, Lea would strike with frenzy with her deadly long sword. Summoned by Jandar, this wild champion soon found her niche in the company of the Knights of Weston and the Dreadgul Raiders.

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- N/A

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

-SIR ORRICK: A Brother's Call
    As a Human who follows Jandar, Lea Argil may aid Sir Orrick with his A BROTHER'S CALL movement bonus.

-MACDIRK WARRIORS: Highland Fury
    If chosen as the MacDirk's Human Champion, Lea Argil may aid the MacDirk Warriors with their HIGHLAND FURY attack bonus.

Synergy Benefits Received

-VENOC WARLORD: Frenzy Enhancement
    Having the Frenzy power, Lea Argil may benefit from Venoc Warlord’s FRENZY ENHANCEMENT d20 bonus.

-KNIGHTS OF WESTON and MACDIRK WARRIORS: Human Champion Bonding
    As a Human Champion, Lea Argil may benefit from the Knights of Weston's and MacDirk Warriors' HUMAN CHAMPION BONDING activation bonus.

-DREADGUL RAIDERS: Wild Strategic Bonding
    As a Wild Human Hero, Lea Argil may benefit from the Dreadgul Raider's WILD STRATEGIC BONDING activation bonus.

-EBON ARMOR: Animated Materiel & Eternal War
    As a Unique Human, a destroyed Ebon Armor you control may be placed on Lea Argil's Army Card to replace Lea Argil upon her own destruction.

-CAPT. JOHN VARAN: Purple Heart
    As a Human who follows Jandar, Lea Argil may benefit from Capt. John Varan's PURPLE HEART wound reassignment.

-JEAN DE ASCALON: When the Bell Tolls
    As a Unique figure, Lea Argil may benefit from Jean de Ascalon's WHEN THE BELL TOLLS d20 bonus.

Synergy Imposed

-ISAMU: Dishonorable Attack
    As a figure who follows Jandar, Lea Argil causes Isamu to roll two extra attack die against her with Isamu's DISHONORABLE ATTACK special power.

-OTONASHI: Attack of the Wild 2
    As a Wild figure, Lea Roan causes Otonashi to roll two extra attack die against her with Otonashi's ATTACK OF THE WILD 2 special power.

Last edited by Nomad on Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:51 pm; edited 13 times in total (Reason for editing : Final Power and Cards)
    Nomad
    Nomad

W5 - Lea Roan and Lea Argil, FINAL Empty Re: W5 - Lea Roan and Lea Argil, FINAL

Post  Nomad Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:54 pm

I think we all have these figures, right? Anyways . . .

Here is my off the wall shot at developing two of the same figures but different figures at once.

MARIT ROAN

Figure- Confrontation, Lions Manilia Hero Box, Temple of the West, Mounted Red Lioness.

General: Vydar

Species- Human
    Unique Hero
    Large 6

Defense: 3
    110 Points

FALLEN STEED
    For the entire game, when Marit Roan is destroyed by a normal or special attack or leaving engagement attack by an opponent’s figure, you may replace Marit Roan with Marit Argil if she is on this Army Card.

VERDURE BATTLE FRENZY
    After attacking an opponent’s figure with Marit Roan, roll the 20-sided die. If Marit Roan is on a grass or swamp grass space, add 3 to your die roll. If you roll an 18 or higher, you may take another turn with Marit Roan.

DISMISS THE RABBLE
    When rolling defense dice against adjacent attacking small or medium Squad figures, Marit Roan receives 1 additional defense die.

MARIT ARGIL

Species- Human
    Unique Hero
    Medium 5

55 Points

HONORED STEED
    Marit Argil cannot start the game on the battlefield if Marit Roan is in the same army. If Marit Argil and Marit Roan are in the same Army Card, place Marit Argil on Marit Roan’s Army Card at the start of the game.

KAOLIN BATTLE FRENZY
    After attacking an opponent’s figure with Marit Argil, roll the 20-sided die. If Marit Argil is on a rock or sand space, add 3 to your die roll. If you roll an 18 or higher, you may take another turn with Marit Argil.

Let me know what you think! I am open to any and all suggestions and will try to answer any concerns and questions.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:03 am

Promising start. I'll ponder a bit before responding.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:14 am

Nomad wrote:
    MARIT ROAN

VERDURE BATTLE FRENZY
    After attacking an opponent’s figure with Marit Roan, roll the 20-sided die. If Marit Roan is on a grass or swamp grass space, add 3 to your die roll. If you roll an 18 or higher, you may take another turn with Marit Roan.

MARIT ARGIL

KAOLIN BATTLE FRENZY
    After attacking an opponent’s figure with Marit Argil, roll the 20-sided die. If Marit Argil is on a rock or sand space, add 3 to your die roll. If you roll an 18 or higher, you may take another turn with Marit Argil.

So Verdure is "grass" and Kaolin is "clay/stone." Is there a reason/Bio for why she has one terrain boost but then loses it when she is dismounted?

Beyond that, I would be okay having her at 16 instead of 18 for Frenzy (for a 165 point character).

Very cool design. I think the mechanic for swapping out from Mounted to Infantry style works.

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:34 am

Kai wrote:
    So Verdure is "grass" and Kaolin is "clay/stone." Is there a reason/Bio for why she has one terrain boost but then loses it when she is dismounted?

Beyond that, I would be okay having her at 16 instead of 18 for Frenzy (for a 165 point character).

Very cool design. I think the mechanic for swapping out from Mounted to Infantry style works.

Thanks for the complement on the design. This is just our initial efforts . . . we have a ways to go to work everything out.

I have thought about the reasons for the difference in the powers but didn't quite get to the bios yet. What I'm thinking right now, as simplistic as it seems, is that while on a horse she gets the extra on the 20-sider on grass because that is what horses eat. While on solid ground, she gets the slight bonus because that is what she can move more fluidly on while on her feet.

The biggest reason is forcing the question . . . if Marit Roan dies, where is the best spot for Marit Argil to come into play - grass or solid earth? A different take on strategy for placement. It might take a few moments to consider the alternatives while in the heat of the battle.

Also note, that as a Human Champion, both versions of Marit bond with the Knights of Weston and MacDirks. Also, both versions of Marit, as a Wild Human hero, bond with the Dreadgul Raiders. Too much? Let's extrapolate.

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:18 pm

I have thought about the reasons for the difference in the powers but didn't quite get to the bios yet. What I'm thinking right now, as simplistic as it seems, is that while on a horse she gets the extra on the 20-sider on grass because that is what horses eat. While on solid ground, she gets the slight bonus because that is what she can move more fluidly on while on her feet.

Since she has two different weapons in each sculpt you could do something in the Bio to explain magical weapons like:

LANCE OF VERDURE FRENZY (for Marit Roan)

SWORD OF KAOLIN FRENZY (for Marit Argil)

A Wild Human Champion sounds like fun to me : )

You could also make her a Valiant Warrior to bond with the Templars of Ascalon instead.

I think it is a really good start.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:46 am

Thanks for the initial input. Here is what I'm going with for my official proposal after some thought. I'm not at all wed to this - keep the ideas and suggestions coming:

Vydar? I was thinking Jandar at first, but decided on either Vydar or Aquilla. I've got mounts planned for Einar. I'm thinking Vydar for now, but this is not a definite for me. Why Vydar? Color of he sculpt fits and I can't think of another way to get Vydar a mounted hero at this point.

I do really like the potential bonding with both the KoW, MacDirks, and Dreadguls - she seems to fit. Kind of a cross section - she can be a stand alone hero, or do some bonding.

I do really like the possibility of 2 hero figures in 1.

I didn't want to go with Valient Warrior . . . we have a whole bunch of Cavaliers that will work with Templars - coming soon and hinted at in a previous thread (we have some for you, Kai. Don't worry about trying to buy them because they are not available).

I don't really like the grass and sand/rock bonus . . . so I'm going to dismiss it.

See below or see the OP for my official proposal, but included here is my rationale.

LEA ROAN (Lea is a synonym for Lion. Marit was a common Norwegian name . . . good when I was thinking Jandar. Roan is, of course, of the horse).

Species- Human
    Unique Hero
    Large 6

Life: 4 (I bumped her to 4 life. Total stats are more in line with other heroes in this price range)
    100 Points (dropped points to 100, which seemed more in line with other heroes)

FALLEN STEED (I don't want to offend our animal lovers by suggesting the horse died, so consider that fallen means the horse just got tired . . . or took an arrow to the throat).
    For the entire game, when Lea Roan is destroyed by a normal or special attack or leaving engagement attack by an opponent’s figure, you may replace Lea Roan with Lea Argil if she is on this Army Card.

LANCE OF VERDURE FRENZY (changed name per Kai's suggestion. Removed bonus stipulation. Lowered roll to 16).
    After attacking an opponent’s figure with Lea Roan, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may take another turn with Lea Roan.

DISMISS THE RABBLE
    When rolling defense dice against adjacent attacking small or medium Squad figures, Marit Roan receives 1 additional defense die.

LEA ARGIL (see above, Argil can mean ground/grass/earth/etc.)

Species- Human
    Unique Hero
    Medium 5

50 Points (dropped a bit after comparing with other heroes in this price range).

MAJOR LEAGUE STEED (sounds really cool, but I'm just wondering if anyone will catch this. I could go with any adjective here. Plus, I made a big mistake in the initial wording, now fixed).
    Lea Argil cannot start the game on the battlefield if Lea Roan is in the same army. If Lea Argil and Lea Roan are in the same army, place Lea Argil on Lea Roan’s Army Card at the start of the game.

SWORD OF KAOLIN FRENZY (changed name per Kai's suggestion. Removed bonus stipulation. Lowered roll to 16).
    After attacking an opponent’s figure with Lea Argil, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may take another turn with Lea Argil.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:40 pm

I'm not sure about Vydar. That would put her on the 'villain' side, right? With the connection to Grass and Earth, maybe Ullar?

She'll be 7-life for 150 points who also bonds. That's probably not bad, since she is a big investment .. but you don't have to play with both Army Cards. I really like that flexibility.

LEA ROAN is pretty sweet. I could see playing with just the Mounted version and Knights. Great speed on the board and if she is on a single large base, she can get height and attack down for 6. Vicious.

LEA ARGIL might under-costed when compared to Sir Orrick (c3v) since she can Frenzy. Chances are low that it happens, and I think Orrick is a list over-priced.
    http://www.heroscapers.com/community/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=14392&original=1
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:34 am

A couple of thoughts here.
    1st- If it is the same character, shouldn't the names be the same? I really like the names so far, but might need a bit of clarification on this. I could see something like Lea "Roan" (....) and Lea "Argil" (....)

2nd- I could see Vyadar or Ullar or Aquilla, but in their visual aspect I see Jandar 1st, possibly Vyadar 2nd.

3rd- I really don't see wild as the personality. Both sculpts look more regal to me.

4th- I have mine (horse sculpt) mounted on a peanut base which I think is appropriate, but if we want to go big round let me know.

5th- like the redo to the Frenzy powers. With 4 and 3 life for the figures what do you think about adding 1 to the 20-sided roll for each wound on the card? Maybe too much?

Really digging what is going on here. This is going to awesome when done.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:41 pm

I can switch to Jandar if every one prefers, although my first choice is Vydar. I don't think she looks very Ullar. I should probably do the bio so that we all know the back story that I have in mind. I'll try to get to it soon.

I would like to keep her personality as wild and was thinking a large round would be better - single space for both figures.

I will change the names to have the nickname in "quotes."

At 150 total points, she would price out the same as Sir Dupuis (who isn't worth that), but also Cyprien, Mimring, and Q10. Points and all are still in flex.

For Lea "Argil" and 50 points - compare to Brave Arrow, Arkmer, Me-Burq-Sa. She seems pretty similar. Because she has the potential of additional attacks, let's bump her to 55 to start with.

If we decide we want to add 1 per wound to the 20-sider roll, I'm thinking we should bump the initial roll to 17 or 18.

Thanks for the input. Updating OP.

Last edited by Nomad on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:25 pm

on the peanut her tail hangs over the back edge, her feet go about 3/4 of the peanut base and her lance hangs over the front- it looks right. on a large round her whole tail and front hooves will hang over with the horses snout on the edge. If she wasn't on her hind legs you'd definitely use a peanut, and it matches Dupious, Marro Cavalry, templar cavalry, Meburqsa, etc, plus the other mounts from the Rakham line.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:41 pm

OK, let's do her on a peanut base.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:17 pm

As a name suggestion, what do you think of adding the title "Dame" to Lea? Dame can be a title for a female Knight. Could also use Lady.

DAME LEA ROAN
    DAME LEA ARGIL

LADY LEA ROAN
    LADY LEA ARGIL

You could also go French with "de" (of) like .. (though I am not strong with French)

Lea de Roan
    Lea de Argil

--

I do like and support the idea of +1 to the Frenzy for each wound.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:00 pm

Good ideas . . . I really need to do the bio first. I see Lea not as a French lady, but rather as a wild Viking or Scythian Warrior (I was leaning toward Scythian - they have been known for their female warriors, aka, myth of the Amazons originally). I will hold off on the history for now. In my mind, a French dame would never be caught wearing what she is wearing. The fancy armory she wears is plunder from the attacks on the "civilized and romanized" world the Vikings/Scythians pillaged and did battle with. Lea is fierce and wild . . . more along the lines of Dreadguls, MacDirks, Tarns, and Alastair.

I could go in a different direction if we all want. Maybe she shouldn't be a Human Champion? I really should start with the bio. Please keep sending ideas and suggestions . . . it is helping me codify the design. I don't want to squash the flow of ideas here or say the suggestions aren't any good. Please - keep them coming.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:17 pm

A year and a half later, I'm finally getting back to Lea. Please check out the OP. I have included first draft cards, first draft bio, and edited the wording on the powers. Let me know what you think. I would love to start play testing - she should be fun.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:48 pm

Nomad wrote:LEA "ROAN"

LANCE OF VERDURE FRENZY
    After attacking an opponent’s figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may take another turn with Lea "Roan".

How about a different Frenzy power for Horse/Lance?

CHARGING LANCE
    Before moving, roll the 20-sided die.  If you roll an 11 or higher, you may attack one additional time this turn and Lea Roan will not take any leaving engagement attacks this turn.  This attack must be after Lea Roan has moved at least 4 spaces and occur when Lea Roan is on a space where she could end her movement.  Lea Roan cannot attack the same figure more than once in a single turn.

VERDURE FRENZY
    After taking a turn with Lea Roan, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may take another turn with Lea "Roan".

Needs some work but the intention is that she gallops - spears one target - moves 4 more spaces and lances another target.

LEA "ARGIL"

SWORD OF KAOLIN FRENZY
    After attacking an opponent’s figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may take another turn with Lea "Argil".

Maybe a different name that KAOLIN .. since it is close to Shaolin (Monks).
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:23 am

If you didn't want bonding with the Knights - you could make her a Valiant Warrior so that she bonded with the Templars of Ascalon. Just an option.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Play test report

Lea Roan, Lea Argil, Dreadguls x3, Valguard, Guilty McCreach = 495
    Stingers x4, Su-Bak-Na, Fen Hydra = 500
    @ Savage Corridor

Roan and the Dreadguls charged out early and seemed to have the upper hand the first few rounds. The Stingers couldn't seem to get more than one skull in attack. Roan and team pecked away at the Hydra who ventured onto the road and finally took him down in round 4. The number of Stingers and Dreadguls lost were about even. A couple of rounds later, each army was down to three commons each.

Then things went south in a hurry for the Dreadguls. A couple of Stingers took out Roan with nice attacks, Argil jumped off the horse as it fell. The last two Dreadguls were then taken out of action on the next turn, losing an Order Marker. Su-Bak-Na pounced on poor Argil, crushing her in one attack. In the last round, Su-Bak-Na rolled 10 skulls out of 14 dice to take out Valguard in two turns, and then pounced on Guilty with 4 skulls to end the battle.

The Stinger army had 220 points remaining.

Roan/Argil Impression
    Roan took out 3 Stingers and put two wounds on the Hydra for a total of 120 points, exceeding her value slightly. Argil was killed before she could take a turn. Argil is tough to play because if Roan falls in the midst of a scrum, Argil could get hit in a hurry. Argil was of no value in this game. Roan never did hit the 20-sider so that she could take two turns. She probably should have fallen earlier, but the Stingers weren't rolling well early in the battle.

I'm going to rethink a couple of things before proceeding with more play tests.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:49 pm

Maybe bump her Defense to 4 for both versions.  That puts her in line with Finn/Thorgrim/Gilbert.

And maybe 4 Life for both versions, too.  Your point about one falling - then the other popping out and getting hammered is a good one for "Squad-Scape."

She doesn't feel Vydar though ... maybe Aquilla for Wild, or Jandar for the other main human faction.

Nomad wrote:

LEA ROAN (Lea is a synonym for Lion. Marit was a common Norwegian name . . . good when I was thinking Jandar. Roan is, of course, of the horse).

Species- Human
    Unique Hero
    Large 6

Life: 4 (I bumped her to 4 life. Total stats are more in line with other heroes in this price range)
    Defense: 3 --> 4
    100 Points (dropped points to 100, which seemed more in line with other heroes)

FALLEN STEED
    For the entire game, when Lea Roan is destroyed by a normal or special attack or leaving engagement attack by an opponent’s figure, you may replace Lea Roan with Lea Argil if she is on this Army Card.

LANCE OF VERDURE FRENZY (Removed bonus stipulation. Lowered roll to 16).
    After attacking an opponent’s figure with Lea Roan, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may take another turn with Lea Roan.

DISMISS THE RABBLE
    When rolling defense dice against a adjacent attacking small or medium Squad figures, Marit Roan receives 1 additional defense die.

LEA ARGIL (see above, Argil can mean ground/grass/earth/etc.)

Species- Human
    Unique Hero
    Medium 5

Life: 3 --> 4
    Defense: 3 --> 4
    50 Points

MAJOR LEAGUE STEED
    Lea Argil cannot start the game on the battlefield if Lea Roan is in the same army. If Lea Argil and Lea Roan are in the same army, place Lea Argil on Lea Roan’s Army Card at the start of the game.

SWORD OF KAOLIN FRENZY (Removed bonus stipulation. Lowered roll to 16).
    After attacking an opponent’s figure with Lea Argil, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may take another turn with Lea Argil.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:51 pm

Yes, I will look at making some changes. Thanks for the input. The stats/powers you referenced are outdated. The OP has the current info with card.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:00 pm

Looking forward to giving her a go. A bit behind so I will refrain from commenting on stats and such. Reading through the posts, if you want her to represent Viking, would Shield Maiden be appropriate as class? I think so. Will try and look at the rest more closely soon.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:46 am

I will update Lea in a bit . . . I am not thinking of her as a Viking, here is the initial bio from the OP - still not sure about the class:

Character Bio:
    A wild champion and her mighty war horse stampeded across the borderlands of Asia and Europe, striking fear into the foes of her mighty Scythian tribe. Dressed in the finest armament, Lea would charge and charge again with her mighty lance. On foot, Lea would strike with frenzy with her deadly long sword. Summoned by Jandar, Lea soon found her niche with the Knights of Weston and the Dreadgul Raiders.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:55 pm

OK, bumped both to have a defense of 4. I'll give them a whirl soon.

LEA "ROAN"

Life: 4
    100 Points

FALLEN HORSE OF WAR

LANCE OF VERDURE FRENZY
    After attacking an opponent’s figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may take another turn with Lea "Roan".

DISMISS THE RABBLE
    When rolling defense dice against adjacent attacking small or medium Squad figures, Lea "Roan" receives 1 additional defense die.

LEA "ARGIL"

55 Points

HORSE OF WAR
    Lea "Argil" cannot start the game on the battlefield if Lea "Roan" is in the same army. If Lea "Argil" and Lea "Roan" are in the same army, place Lea "Argil" on Lea "Roan’s" Army Card at the start of the game.

SWORD OF KAOLIN FRENZY
    After attacking an opponent’s figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may take another turn with Lea "Argil".

Character Bio:
    A wild champion and her mighty war horse stampeded across the borderlands of Asia and Europe, striking fear into the foes of her mighty Scythian tribe. Dressed in the finest armament, Lea would charge and charge again with her mighty lance. On foot, Lea would strike with frenzy with her deadly long sword. Summoned by Jandar, Lea soon found her niche with the Knights of Weston and the Dreadgul Raiders.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:05 pm

OP is updated with current stats, powers, and updated cards.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:33 pm

Nomad wrote:OP is updated with current stats, powers, and updated cards.

As a Human Champion LEA has great bonding options:  MacDirks but mostly the Knights of Weston

HUMAN CHAMPION BONDING
    Before taking a turn with the Knights of Weston, you may first take a turn with any Human Champion you control.

With LEA's potential for a 'frenzy' - we'll probably need an FAQ for what will happen.  Does LEA get an unlimited frenzy turns before the Knights go?  Some rules-mongers might have trouble with a series of frenzies before a bonding turn.  I don't think there is really a unit like that is Classic Scape.  What about Super-Heroes? C3G?

I'd be fine with it - but we might need a clarification or wording in the Power to allow it.

--
    I think that the 55-point LEA is pretty awesome for a "filler" Champion/Wild Human.  4/4 is great and she'd fill a role in a Knights or Dreadgulls army (especially if she can get a frenzy or two).

LEA ARGIL

Species: Human
    Unique Hero
    Medium 5

55 Points

HORSE OF WAR
    Lea "Argil" cannot start the game on the battlefield if Lea "Roan" is in the same army. If Lea "Argil" and Lea "Roan" are in the same army, place Lea "Argil" on Lea "Roan’s" Army Card at the start of the game.

SWORD OF KAOLIN FRENZY

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:01 pm