Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

W3 Kronan - (Earth Primordial) released

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W3 Kronan - (Earth Primordial) released Empty W3 Kronan - (Earth Primordial) released

Post  Lord Kai Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:31 pm

KRONAN
    NWHC Wave 3 – Wave Tile – Pack Tile

W3 Kronan - (Earth Primordial) released Kronan.NWHC

W3 Kronan - (Earth Primordial) released Kronan.Basic.NWHC[/quote]

Marvel, Heroclix, Thor The Dark World Movie Gravity Feed, Kronan Stone Man 012

General: EINAR
    Planet:  Eberron
    Species: Primordial
    Type: Unique Hero
    Class: Warrior
    Personality: Fearless (matches Earth Elemental)
    LARGE 7

Life: 5
    Move: 5
    Range: 1
    Attack: 4
    Defense: 4

EARTH ELEMENTAL LEADERSHIP
    After taking a turn with Kronan you may take a turn with 2 small or medium common Earth Elemental heroes you control.

TERRAFORMING
    Start the game with 3 single hex stone tiles on this card. At any time before, during, or after moving, you may remove any number of stone hexes from this card and place them on any land space within 3 clear sight spaces of Kronan. The tile must fit normally onto that space. You may place more than one hex on top of each other. Hexes remain on the battlefield until you reveal a numbered order marker, at which point the hexes are returned to this Army Card. Figures that leave engagement after hexes are returned will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Bio:
    Joining with Zaiken, Prime Master of Water, and Tawarthion ,Prime Master of the Woodlands, is the primordial sorcerer Kronan. The Prime Master of Earth, Kronan uses his magical talents to summon and control soil, rock, sand, and stone. To gain these powers, Kronan decoded ancient writings of the fabled giants of Eberron. Components of the grand ritual included the eyes and heart of a stone giant, which Kronan consumed along with other ingredients. With the successful casting of the incantation, Kronan transformed into a near giant himself and his skin took upon form and hardness of stone. To focus his powers, Kronan crafted a large mace, the head of which contains bone fragments of the giant.

With the metamorphosis, Kronan has gained great physical strength and endurance. He can animate stone, transforming it into human sized elementals to serve as guardians or laborers. As the Primordial of Earth, he can shape existing ground or rock, bring it to rise like steps allow him to ascend to higher ground. These earth columns can rise as high as 15 feet and with concentration, Kronan can even summon them beneath his allies. This can provide a tactical advantage in many ways including raising a stone barrier to slow down an approaching enemy force.

The Book of Kronan

NWHC WAVE 3- ?

- Rulings and Clarifications -_______________________________________

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered
    -Kronan: Earth Elemental Leadership
    All small or medium Earth Elementals may benefit from Kronan’s EARTH ELEMENTAL bonding activation.

Synergy Benefits Received
    -Konrad Von Bramgur: Accusation of Evil
    -Being a Fearless figure, Kronan may benefit from Konrad Von Bramgur’s ACCUSATION OF EVIL marker attack bonus.

Synergy Imposed
    Akumaken: Mask of Terror
    Being a Unique figure with the Fearless personality, the Kronan is not affected by Akumakens Mask of Terror.

Last edited by Lord Kai on Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:24 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Nomad
    Nomad

W3 Kronan - (Earth Primordial) released Empty Re: W3 Kronan - (Earth Primordial) released

Post  Nomad Sun May 04, 2014 12:14 pm

We are going to start play testing this guy. Stats and powers look good to me to start with.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W3 Kronan - (Earth Primordial) released Empty Re: W3 Kronan - (Earth Primordial) released

Post  Lord Kai Sun May 04, 2014 12:51 pm

These were stats that I used for the MOPs scenario that we did, Nomad.

However I was thinking of using different stats for the Earth Primordial. Also, his Giant Mace is similar to the Severnak Orc that you were working on -- so I'll probably change Kronan.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun May 18, 2014 11:28 am

I don't mind changing Severnak's power to something else.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:56 pm

Kai wrote:However I was thinking of using different stats for the Earth Primordial. Also, his Giant Mace is similar to the Severnak Orc that you were working on -- so I'll probably change Kronan.

Where do we stand with Kronan?

The special attack power for Severnak/Scarnak/whatever has been changed, so his Giant Mace Special Attack looks good.

I also am keen on the fact that the Dreadguls get to bond with this guy.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:04 pm

What's the figure used for this?
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:52 pm

Derek S wrote:What's the figure used for this?

Marvel Heroclix Thor The Dark World Movie Gravity Feed 012 Kronan Stone Man

I will be working to change the stats on this figure to be more in line with the Vurgoyle/Mokk figure that I posted recently. More changes to come.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:32 am

Sorry it has been quiet on here. I was stuck on a plane for work for a few hours and kicked around a few ideas for the "Earth Primordial." What do you think of:

TERRAFORMING
    Start the game with 3 single hex stone tiles on this card. At any time before, during, or after moving, you may remove any number of stone hexes from this card and place it on any land space within 3 clear sight spaces of Kronan. The tile must fit normally onto that space. You may place more than one hex on top of each other. Hexes remain on the battlefield until you reveal a numbered order marker, at which point the hexes are returned to this Army Card.

By using Terraforming, Kronan can raise the hex he is standing on to gain height advantage or even raise the hexes underneath him at the start of his move to help 'climb' terrain. He can also put hexes underneath his own forces to perhaps give them a height advantage boost. He could also take away a 'Road' bonus or add to a figure's height to make it a same-level space. Lots of creativity and flexibility for how it can be used. I don't think it is too broken but I haven't played it out yet.

For other powers I was thinking of standard "Bonding" with 2 Common Earth Elemental heroes. I would go with 3 to match up with Zaiken but not sure if the Earth Elementals are a little stronger (or weaker) than bonding with 3 Water Elementals.

Thoughts?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:32 pm

We got 3-4 games in play testing Kronan's new powers. Me like mucho.

The only two powers we played him with are Terraforming and bonding with 2 Earth Elementals. We changed his stats to 5 life, 1 range, 4 attack, 4 defense at 100 points.

All seemed good to proceed at this point - we just need to tweak the wording on the powers.

Oh, and Kronan is now Einar instead of Utgar.

Can we include a W3 at the beginning of the thread title to make it easy to identify?
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:16 pm

Updated.

Yeah, he played much better than I imagined with Terraforming and I think he's almost good to go! : )

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:19 pm

I see you edited the OP today . . .

I'm working on the card. Here are my suggested wording, capitalization, and punctuation changes:

EARTH ELEMENTAL
    LEADERSHIP
    After taking a turn with Kronan you may take a turn with 2 small or medium Common Earth Elemental Heroes you control.

TERRAFORMING
    Kronan starts each game with 2 single hex rock tiles on his Army Card. At any time before, during, or after moving, you may remove any number of rock tiles from his Army Card and place them on any land space within 3 clear sight spaces of Kronan. The tile must fit normally onto that space. You may place more than one tile on top of each other and you may place tiles under figures. Tiles remain on the battlefield until you reveal a numbered Order Marker, at which point the tiles are returned to this Army Card. Figures that leave engagement after the tiles are removed will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Also, I listed the planet as Eberron (same as Zaiken). Let me know if this works.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:39 pm

Comments and suggestions appreciated . . .

W3 Kronan - (Earth Primordial) released KronanNWHC

W3 Kronan - (Earth Primordial) released KronanBasicNWHC
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:34 pm

Card looks error free and awesome. Nice. Looking forward to giving him a whirl.

TERRAFORMING
    Kronan starts each game with 2 single hex rock tiles on his Army Card. At any time before, during, or after moving, you may remove any number of rock tiles from his Army Card and place them on any land space within 3 clear sight spaces of Kronan. The tile must fit normally onto that space. You may place more than one tile on top of each other and you may place tiles under figures. Tiles remain on the battlefield until you reveal a numbered Order Marker, at which point the tiles are returned to this Army Card. Figures that leave engagement after the tiles are removed will take any leaving engagement attacks.

The only thing I have to suggest here is I think it should be "reveal a numbered Order Marker on Kronan."
    Also we could if wanted specify that if Kronan is destroyed remove the stone hexes, although I see no point in not leaving them on the battlefield.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:47 pm

The only thing I have to suggest here is I think it should be "reveal a numbered Order Marker on Kronan."
    Also we could if wanted specify that if Kronan is destroyed remove the stone hexes, although I see no point in not leaving them on the battlefield.

I think Kai's intent was that any numbered marker you flip would remove the hexes, even if it is not Kronan. We had this discussion and felt it could allow for prolonged perching by other figures. After playing him a few games, I agree that removing them after revealing a numbered marker is the way to go.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:56 pm

We got to see KRONAN in action against yesterday and he works pretty well. And I think he has a new nickname - "Roadblock" - based on the way that Huskies16 was using his Terraforming to turn road hexes into stone hexes so Nomad couldn't zip down the pavement to get attacks on him.

With his ability to affect the board and his stats being a little stronger than Zaiken, he should probably be 110 - 120 points.

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:26 pm

Yes - he was amazingly good. Jacob used him in ways I hadn't thought of before. I'm leaning towards 120 at this point, but his downfall will be ranged attacks. I could see him dropping down to 110 at most after more play tests.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:47 am

Kronan's Army Card says he starts with 2 single hexes but it should be 3.

TERRAFORMING
    Start the game with 3 single hex stone tiles on this card. At any time before, during, or after moving, you may remove any number of stone hexes from this card and place it on any land space within 3 clear sight spaces of Kronan. The tile must fit normally onto that space. You may place more than one hex on top of each other. Hexes remain on the battlefield until you reveal a numbered order marker, at which point the hexes are returned to this Army Card.

Also, what do you think of the name - Kronan? Would you be okay changing it?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:51 pm

Must have been a typo when I edited the powers a couple of months ago. I will get it changed.

I am open to a name change.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:56 pm

First draft of Bio:

Kronan

Joining with Zaiken Prime Master of Water and Tawarthion Prime Master of the Woodlands is the human sorcerer Kronan.  The Prime Master of Earth, Kronan uses his magical talents to summon and control soil, rock, sand, and stone.  To gain these powers, Kronan decoded ancient writings of the fabled giants of Eberron.  Components of the grand ritual included the eyes and heart of a stone giant, which Kronan consumed along with other ingredients.  With the successful casting of the incantation, Kronan transformed into a near giant himself and his skin took upon form and hardness of stone.  To focus his powers, Kronan crafted a large mace, the head of which contains bone fragments of the giant.  

With the metamorphosis, Kronan has gained great physical strength and endurance.  He can animate stone, transforming it into human sized elementals to serve as guardians or laborers.  As the Primordial of Earth, he can shape existing ground or rock, bring it to rise like steps allow him to ascend to higher ground.  These earth columns can rise as high as 15 feet and with concentration, Kronan can even summon them beneath this allies.  This can provide a tactical advantage in many ways including raising a stone barrier to slow down an approaching enemy force.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:25 pm

Were you still thinking of a name change for Kronan?

Nice bio - just a few suggestions. Kronan is listed as a primordial, not human - should that be changed in the first sentence? Or maybe, "former human" or "once human scorcerer."

Joining with Zaiken, Prime Master of Water, and Tawarthion ,Prime Master of the Woodlands, is the human primordial sorcerer Kronan. The Prime Master of Earth, Kronan uses his magical talents to summon and control soil, rock, sand, and stone. To gain these powers, Kronan decoded ancient writings of the fabled giants of Eberron. Components of the grand ritual included the eyes and heart of a stone giant, which Kronan consumed along with other ingredients. With the successful casting of the incantation, Kronan transformed into a near giant himself and his skin took upon form and hardness of stone. To focus his powers, Kronan crafted a large mace, the head of which contains bone fragments of the giant.

With the metamorphosis, Kronan has gained great physical strength and endurance. He can animate stone, transforming it into human sized elementals to serve as guardians or laborers. As the Primordial of Earth, he can shape existing ground or rock, bring it to rise like steps allow him to ascend to higher ground. These earth columns can rise as high as 15 feet and with concentration, Kronan can even summon them beneath this his allies. This can provide a tactical advantage in many ways including raising a stone barrier to slow down an approaching enemy force.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:58 am

really like the bio, but "joining with" as it makes them sound like team mates. Maybe Joining 'the other primordials' on Valhalla. Along with Damon's suggestions.

The Book of Kronan

NWHC WAVE 3- ?

- Rulings and Clarifications -_______________________________________

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered
    -Kronan: Earth Elemental Leadership
    All small or medium Earth Elementals may benefit from Kronan’s EARTH ELEMENTAL bonding activation.

Synergy Benefits Received
    -Konrad Von Bramgur: Accusation of Evil
    -Being a Fearless figure, Kronan may benefit from Konrad Von Bramgur’s ACCUSATION OF EVIL marker attack bonus.

Synergy Imposed
    Akumaken: Mask of Terror
    Being a Unique figure with the Fearless personality, the Kronan is not affected by Akumakens Mask of Terror.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:17 pm

Kronan: stats posted in the new format but I cannot see the final Army Card for Kronan.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:35 am

Kai wrote:Also, what do you think of the name - Kronan? Would you be okay changing it?

Damon wrote:Were you still thinking of a name change for Kronan?

Sorry Kia, I haven't created a new card . . . before I make a new card, I was waiting to see if you wanted to rename the figure.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:19 pm

Thanks for updating the OP and for clarifying that we are sticking with Kronan as the name of this figure.

Bio looks good.

A few questions/suggestions:

1) Did we agreed to bump Kronan's points to 110?

Regarding the Terraforming power:

2) I corrected some missing capital letters

3) I corrected the usage of tiles/hexes

4) I replaced "rock" for "stone" per Heroscape usage

5) I'm thinking that leaving engagement attacks when rock tiles are removed should not be allowed. It seems like the figures aren't actually leaving themselves, but are forced to by this power (it is not a decision by your opponent to leave, in case they are placed under an opponent's figure to gain enough height to get engaged with your figure, and I think it will be missed nearly all of the time). In all my place tests this never came up, but, given the game play of when usual leaving engagement attacks occur, I think it doesn't apply here. Or at the least, we can state that leaving engagement attacks are allowed for your figures, but not your opponent's figures. But, I would prefer no leaving engagement attacks. What do you think?

Here are my suggested edits:

TERRAFORMING
    Start the game with 3 single hex rock tiles on this card. At any time before, during, or after moving, you may remove any number of  rock tiles from this Army Card and place them on any land space within 3 clear sight spaces of Kronan. The tile must fit normally onto that space. You may place more than one tile on top of each other and you may place tiles under figures. Tiles remain on the battlefield until you reveal a numbered Order Marker, at which point the tiles are returned to this Army Card. Figures that leave engagement after hexes are placed or removed will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

And, here is the updated card front (the backside will be updated once we get the name of the wave and packs agreed upon):

W3 Kronan - (Earth Primordial) released Kronan.NWHC

W3 Kronan - (Earth Primordial) released Kronan.Basic.NWHC

Last edited by Nomad on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:14 pm

5) I'm thinking that leaving engagement attacks when rock tiles are removed should not be allowed. It seems like the figures aren't actually leaving themselves, but are forced to by this power (it is not a decision by your opponent to leave, in case they are placed under an opponent's figure to gain enough height to get engaged with your figure, and I think it will be missed nearly all of the time). In all my place tests this never came up, but, given the game play of when usual leaving engagement attacks occur, I think it doesn't apply here. Or at the least, we can state that leaving engagement attacks are allowed for your figures, but not your opponent's figures. But, I would prefer no leaving engagement attacks. What do you think?

Wow!  I had not thought about putting hexes under your opponent so that they take leaving engagements.  That sounds awesome!!!!  let's keep that in : P

j/k - if you think that's too abusive, we can remove it. The opponent does have one turn to move before the tiles "disappear" in most cases.

1) Did we agreed to bump Kronan's points to 110?
    Yes, I think he's better at 110.

Regarding the Terraforming power:

2) I corrected some missing capital letters
    3) I corrected the usage of tiles/hexes
    4) I replaced "rock" for "stone" per Heroscape usage

Thanks for fixing the stone to Rock tiles.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:56 am