Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

SoV: Morgan - mount cavalier

Lord Kai

SoV: Morgan - mount cavalier

Post  Lord Kai on Mon May 05, 2014 7:07 pm

Hey Guys,
    I've been chatting with IshMEL about a possible SoV figure, and I was going to adapt one of the Guardians of Davion for the unit.  The figure pictured below is only about $1.00 and is pretty available - so I thought I would try for SoV (again) since the figure fits most of their criteria.  The question is what Stats/Powers does the figure possess.

I saw his colors sort of matched Theracus and had an inspiration for a knight that is a flying cavalier  : )   Probably weird I know but then I thought about the knight flying around on Theracus and Wyverns.

Here is the initial concept.  Let me know what you think.

MORGAN ALARIC, Sky-Knight

General:              AQUILLA
    Species:               Human
    Type:                    Unique Hero
    Class:                    Cavalier
    Personality:         Disciplined
    Size:                      MEDIUM 5

Stats
    Life:                      4
    Move:                  5
    Range:                 1
    Attack:                 3
    Defense:              3

CAVALIER BONDING
    After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may first take a turn with an adjacent hero you control that has the Carry or Talon Grab special power.

MOUNT UP
    When a figure you control takes a turn with Cavalier Bonding, if it does not use the Carry special power that turn, you may place Morgan adjacent to it at the end of its normal move.  If Morgan is engaged before moving with Mount Up, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

MOUNTED COMBAT EXPERTISE
    Figures you control with Carry or Talon Grab adjacent to Morgan roll one additional defense die.  If Morgan is adjacent to a figure you control with Carry or Talon Grab he rolls one additional defense die, and when making a normal attack adds one automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

Notes: I wanted Morgan to be able to 'ride' a Wyvern and still use Talon Grab, but I have also been debating allowing his 'mount' to use *Carry* in addition to bringing Morgan along for the ride.

Carry Units:
    Theracus
    Brunak

Talon Grab:
    Wyvern

Army ideas:

Morgan ......  60
    Wyvern x2.. 260*
    Spiders x3.. 380
    Theracus ... 420*
    Estivara ..... 500

I did some play-testing and the figure is fun but certainly not 'broken.' And when playing with Wyverns and Spiders -- it's hard to choose a 2 activation turn with Morgan + Wyvern versus a 4 activation Spiders + Wyvern.

Nomad

Re: SoV: Morgan - mount cavalier

Post  Nomad on Tue May 06, 2014 7:54 pm

Sounds cool. My only reservation is the +1 auto skull on the last power. Good luck with SoV.
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Tue May 06, 2014 10:14 pm

I think for SoV purposes you would be better off dropping the Talon Grab as there might be some hesitation to the theme of a Cavalier being carried.

MOUNT UP
    When a figure you control takes a turn with Cavalier Bonding, if it does not use the Carry special power that turn, you may place Morgan adjacent to it at the end of its normal move.  If Morgan is engaged before moving with Mount Up, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

I don't think you need this language at all, because when you take a turn with a carry or talon grab figure they have the same choice that you are implying here anyways- Either carry or grab Morgan or carry or grab another adjacent figure or figure you flew over. Edit- I see that it does matter for Talon Grab.
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai on Tue May 06, 2014 10:34 pm

Derek S wrote:I think for SoV purposes you would be better off dropping the Talon Grab as there might be some hesitation to the theme of a Cavalier being carried.

MOUNT UP

I don't think you need this language at all, because when you take a turn with a carry or talon grab figure they have the same choice that you are implying here anyways- Either carry or grab Morgan or carry or grab another adjacent figure or figure you flew over.  Edit- I see that it does matter for Talon Grab.

It also allows a "Carry" for Morgan even if he is engaged.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:27 am