Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

W5 - Kayla Willowsong and Varinn, Final

Nomad
    Nomad

W5 - Kayla Willowsong and Varinn, Final - Page 2 Empty Re: W5 - Kayla Willowsong and Varinn, Final

Post  Nomad Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:03 pm

First attempt at a card for Kayla . . .

Take a look at the Song of the Rangers power. I changed it a bit to include other Rangers, not just Ullar, and it will work with Common Heroes like the Dark Rangers. And I modeled the text after Master Lao Xin. Just throwing out ideas ... let me know what you think.

W5 - Kayla Willowsong and Varinn, Final - Page 2 Y4mZvEC463T_yx68WPvjnf-sm_hqrDGE4NlnjgTmR6U_N3-nKIZO99mOMy1GqbrQWquFNoGjsQNsWRix0Gw3eW7uJDLB1Y1a7bTx6nLyYU3hpDYZKnRxc_j_-YkZIK7_d3MhfCrCw8iIicAPjeOhPzMKwTgkz9ReLu_z0kxS6S-Ht1kgQlYESleweDAcFTe4ejIZj34eeBHhFWOzljm31Ahjg?width=1024&height=961&cropmode=none
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W5 - Kayla Willowsong and Varinn, Final - Page 2 Empty Re: W5 - Kayla Willowsong and Varinn, Final

Post  Lord Kai Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:38 pm

Looks good to me! And I like the action shot in the picture : )

Be weird for her to work with Dark Rangers though. Elves and Gnolls sort of hate each other. You okay with going back to Ullar Rangers?
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:40 pm

For Varinn - how about Linked Frenzy Enhancement?

Card looks good, sir!!
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:52 pm

I am good with just Ullar Rangers.

Linked Frenzy Enhancement should work, I will brainstorm other ideas.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:10 pm

Varinn
    NWHC Wave 5 - Harbingers of Triumph - Heroes of the Spike

W5 - Kayla Willowsong and Varinn, Final - Page 2 Y4m7ToqQmJpt7o0lJUzlNu0NK2jLeMeQV3WnFtoiBLFvTFw9y0TzNOd1ecvkHYaUmBT1Ubfg9cPYrjpZk3NPOFQ0j86J4YyaG0GqCzzryF3dh_H2sZ93x3bF4eRil8tm_PXvcy5DsKKhYNLO53r7berTJIxw9qnQrW2gmVjRcMxnugYCPDD3CBIwV7oO5diqnMI11iiU8gBMylm8ccfjiEzSA?width=1024&height=961&cropmode=none
    W5 - Kayla Willowsong and Varinn, Final - Page 2 Y4maGQ_GqvOmN74BCetZmrAEHIOtt1n9x5cVhABIREot71scxIxPt2Er58BLUgtEh6DR7NwAk6kbusxT_AFttkiXQf0N94kgWzuE2Xj_H_PNKMilZAMh9x-Cn5FkNWgw-n8rw1DjYd7KsuFMjEzJn0SNgJYzfxeyZwyK4VHAx5RzVSLwxumgbBsxP7DNGfgKKibFgnBb7GpUYhfFK0UvlWWqA?width=1024&height=961&cropmode=none

PDF DOWNLOAD, front
    PDF DOWNLOAD, back

Figure: Mage Knight, Dark Riders, Freeholder Warrior #17

General: Ullar
    Planet: Feylund

Species: Elf
    Unique Hero
    Class: Ranger
    Personality: Precise
    Size: Medium 4

Life: 5
    Move: 5
    Range: 7
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 3
    90 Points

LINKED FRENZY ENHANCEMENT
    For each wound marker on this Army Card, you may add 1 to your die roll when you roll for the Frenzy power on any Army Card.

OVEREXTEND ATTACK
    After taking a turn with Varinn, you may place a wound marker on Varinn and take another turn with him.  You may only use this power once during a round.

Character Bio:
    Copy text here.

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- N/A

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

-ARKMER: Staff of Lerkentin
    As an Elf, Varinn may aid Arkmer with his Staff of Lerkentin defense enhancement.

-UNITS WITH FRENZY ABILITY: Linked Frenzy Enhancement
    Units with the Frenzy may benefit from Varinn's LINKED FRENZY ENHANCEMENT d20 power. Units with Frenzy include Lea Argil, Venoc Vipers, Aubrien Archers, and Elite Onyx Vipers.

Synergy Benefits Received

-KAYLA WILLOWSONG: Song of the Rangers
    As a Ranger Hero that follows Ullar, Varinn may benefit from Kayla Willowsong's SONG OF THE RANGERS activation power.

-ACOLARH: Ullars Amulet
    As a figure that follows Ullar, Varinn may benefit from Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus.

-ACOLARH: Leaf of the Home Tree Aura
    As an Elf, Varinn may benefit from Acolarh’s Leaf of the Home Tree defense bonus.

-ARISTEOS: Nature’s Aura
    As a figure that follows Ullar, Varinn may benefit from Aristeos's defense aura.

-WARDENS OF THE WOOD: Ritual Oakenshield
    As a figure that follows Ullar, Varinn may benefit from an adjacent Warden of the Wood's defense bonus.

-EMIRROON: Elven Summoning Spell
    As an elf, Varinn is subject to Emirroon's ELVEN SUMMONING SPELL.

-KYNTELA GWYN: Strength of Oak Aura 1
    As an elf, Varinn may benefit from Kyntela Gwyn's STRENGTH OF OAK AURA 1 defense bonus.

Synergy Imposed

- N/A

---------------------------------------------
    Kayla Willowsong
    NWHC Wave 5 - Harbingers of Triumph - Heroes of the Spike

W5 - Kayla Willowsong and Varinn, Final - Page 2 Y4mWYyYEpVABdQsSlSDgEKgl-fDfbbw2tlHnKimcQ0eFA3lcbGkGW5xR2Nj6WWcssZgAabZVvLB-yDB8Jw3NdJCBG9sNrN0IUbNN__vGCh0A-sWTTWpWvvpJ3Z8Om38uVhf01pWr0Ay5qQWCUg3H1HKBojBCsuy0D2BOoe1Izmyy8AQI1_EKT20_Idg1Yr4tD-n2-kB7UGKUoriYbfnDlj53Q?width=1024&height=961&cropmode=none
    W5 - Kayla Willowsong and Varinn, Final - Page 2 Y4mC8RFcYzZXjiKFE2j2YdAWceVQX0oYd9AvEjLjm4puyhqfxr-p3f26Z2rspe-E4FGvYS_TfZwl5OOsKbQ2Febxy8JXHvXO89JrdDsg9Vwk1Y3cacvWv53qMWv-rHbP7Bh8X_20udXgaZL3POilRaZI8RznQAy3qSxTxjiKa8VrHBE7UJAVjnboLs8qMJUI_E2AUULjNz_kma4WvTvsU61xQ?width=1024&height=961&cropmode=none

PDF DOWNLOAD, front
    PDF DOWNLOAD, back

Figure: Mage Knight – Dark Riders - Freeholder Sorceress #22

General: Ullar
    Planet: Feylund

Species: Elf
    Unique Hero
    Class: Ranger
    Personality: Tricky
    Size: Medium 4

Life: 4
    Move: 6
    Range: 1
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 3
    70 Points

CLOAK OF THE WOODLANDS
    Kayla Willowsong starts the game with one Invisibility marker on her Army Card. While the Invisibility marker is on this Army Card, Kayla has no visible Hit Zone, does not take leaving engagement attacks, and adds 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled for her normal attack. After attacking with Kayla, remove the Invisibility marker.  At the start of a new round, place the Invisibility marker back on this Army Card.

SONG OF THE RANGERS
    After revealing an order marker on Kayla's Army Card, you may take a turn with two Ranger Heroes that follow Ullar. Kayla may be one of the chosen Ranger Heroes.

Character Bio:
    Coming soon ...

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- N/A

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

-RANGERS: Song of the Rangers
    Brandis Skyhunter and Varinn may benefit from Kayla Willowsong's SONG OF THE RANGER activation power.

-OTONASHI: Tricky Speed 4
    Having the Tricky Personality, Kayla may aid Otonashi’s TRICKY SPEED 4 ability.

-ARKMER: Staff of Lerkentin
    As an Elf, Kayla may aid Arkmer with his Staff of Lerkentin defense enhancement.

Synergy Benefits Received

-ACOLARH: Ullars Amulet
    As a figure that follows Ullar, Kayla may benefit from Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus.

-ACOLARH: Leaf of the Home Tree Aura
    As an Elf, Kayla may benefit from Acolarh’s Leaf of the Home Tree defense bonus.

-ARISTEOS: Nature’s Aura
    As a figure that follows Ullar, Kayla may benefit from Aristeos's defense aura.

-WARDENS OF THE WOOD: Ritual Oakenshield
    As a figure that follows Ullar, Kayla may benefit from an adjacent Warden of the Wood's defense bonus.

-EMIRROON: Elven Summoning Spell
    As an elf, Kayla is subject to Emirroon's ELVEN SUMMONING SPELL.

-KYNTELA GWYN: Strength of Oak Aura 1
    As an elf, Kayla may benefit from Kyntela Gwyn's STRENGTH OF OAK AURA 1 defense bonus.

Synergy Imposed

- N/A

Last edited by Nomad on Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:14 am; edited 9 times in total
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:01 pm

Cool it would be nice to have these two as Official : )

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:30 am

Please take a look at the post before the last one - it has been updated.

Final Cards? I will work on the synergies part of the books prior to release on Heroscapers.

Bio?

Let me know if you see anything amiss.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:20 pm

Nomad wrote:Please take a look at the post before the last one - it has been updated.

Final Cards? I will work on the synergies part of the books prior to release on Heroscapers.

Bio?

Let me know if you see anything amiss.

I think Ullar Rangers as a limit would be good. There is a LOT of text on the card, so not a problem if you want to keep As Is.

For the BIO - I had this whole story in my head about a political marriage between these two - but that was like 3-years ago : P Not sure I'll have a Bio any time soon.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:35 pm

I am OK with leaving it as any Ranger. The only other one out their is the Dark Ranger. I am OK with leaving that as an unlikely potential. A Dark Ranger would just be filler in the build.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:49 am

OK, I changed to only Rangers that follow Ullar.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:31 pm

If going with Ullar only need to remove Dark Rangers from synergy offered. Looks good otherwise.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:00 pm

Thank you. Fixed.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:27 am

Varinn and Kayla have been shared on Heroscapers
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:30 pm

Kai, will you rename this thread as W5 - Kayla Willowsong and Varinn, Final
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:29 pm

Couldn't find these sculpts so I bought some proxies. If I took some pics could you do an alternate card for me Damon?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:53 pm

I did not realize you didn't have these figures. Sorry about that. Yes - I can do alternate cards.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:44 pm

Spent some time looking but to no avail, so went with proxy. Will get pictures to you soon.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 pm