Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

Ursala, Dwarf on Bear

Derek S

Ursala, Dwarf on Bear

Post  Derek S on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:10 am

I couldn't resist a Dwarf riding a Bear for $3.19.  
    Lord Kai

Re: Ursala, Dwarf on Bear

Post  Lord Kai on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:47 pm

Okay, that is pretty awesome!!!
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Mon May 23, 2016 9:33 pm

I like the idea of another dwarf hero. Any thoughts on stats and powers?
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:54 pm

little and lots of thoughts here. Maul, distraction for other dwarfs to leave engagement, inspiration, protection. Lots of room to explore avenues here. Lets throw out some ideas and see what sticks.
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:30 am

Helping dwarves leave engagement sounds good!
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:06 am

BEOR VOLUND = Bear Eternal Fighter in dwarfish from on-line translator

My suggestion for the name:

BORVUND

General: Aquilla
    Planet: Feylund

Species: Dwarf
    Unique Hero
    Class: Fighter (like the Axegrinders)
    Personality: Resolute (like the Shieldsmiths)
    Size: Not sure - need to stack some tiles next to the figure

Life: 6
    Move: 6
    Range: 1
    Attack: 5
    Defense: 5
    A Lot of Points

BEAR SWIPE AND SWORD POKE SPECIAL ATTACK (dumb name, but the here is the idea)
    The Bear hits first with an attack of 5, and then you get a second attack of 3. You must attack figures that were not adjacent when starting the turn. (These attacks could be diminished with each wound marker on the card)

TREMBLE IN FEAR (just a starter name)
    All friendly Dwarf figures that start their move within five spaces of Borvund do not take leaving engagement attacks. (The idea is that the defenders are preoccupied fearing the bear that the let those little dwarves escape from their grasp. This could be a huge power for all Dwarves - Migol, Morgrim, Axegrinders, and the C3V dwarves. The range of this power could be diminished with each wound marker on the card).

Nothing more - keep it simple, but powerful.
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:36 am

BORVUND  Like the name

Unique Hero
    Class: Fighter (like the Axegrinders)  Fighter, Maiden, or any name for a female dwarf
    Personality: Resolute (like the Shieldsmiths)  Resolute, Indimidating, wild- lots of possibilities here

Attack: 5 (3)
    Defense: 5  With 6 life I could see defense of 4
    A Lot of Points

BEAR SWIPE AND SWORD POKE SPECIAL ATTACK (dumb name, but the here is the idea)
    The Bear hits first with an attack of 5, and then you get a second attack of 3. You must attack figures that were not adjacent when starting the turn. (These attacks could be diminished with each wound marker on the card)

CLAW AND SWORD SPECIAL ATTACK
    RANGE 1 ATTACK 5
    When Borvund attacks with the claw and sword special attack, she may attack one additional time with an attack of 3.

or

BLOOD SCENT SPECIAL ATTACK
    If Borvund inflicts a wound with her normal attack she may attack again with BLOOD SCENT SPECIAL ATTACK.  Roll 4 attack die, for each skull rolled, the defending figure rolls one less defensive die.

this would be with her having a normal attack of 3, and is kind of a play on maul

TREMBLE IN FEAR (just a starter name)
    All friendly Dwarf figures that start their move within five spaces of Borvund do not take leaving engagement attacks. (The idea is that the defenders are preoccupied fearing the bear that the let those little dwarves escape from their grasp. This could be a huge power for all Dwarves - Migol, Morgrim, Axegrinders, and the C3V dwarves. The range of this power could be diminished with each wound marker on the card).

Intimidating Presence
    All friendly Dwarf figures that start their move within five spaces of Borvund do not take leaving engagement attacks.
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:10 pm

The Dwarf army does lack a Special Attack (unless they go Big with Mok) - so I lean towards Blood Scent Special Attack. Maybe a normal attack of 4 and then a Special Attack of 3 that reduces defense for each skull. You can follow the Quickblade's power:

LIGHTNING SLASH SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range 1. Attack 3.
    A Varkaanan Quickblade that did not attack normally may use Lightning Slash Special Attack. Defending figures that were not adjacent to this Varkaanan Quickblade at the start of its turn subtract 1 from their defense dice for each skull rolled with Lightning Slash Special Attack.

URSA'S MAUL SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range 1. Attack 3.
    Once per turn, if Borvund inflicts a wound with a normal attack, she may immediately attack with Ursa's Maul Special Attack. When rolling defense, the target subtracts 1 from the defense dice for each skull rolled with Ursa's Maul Special Attack.

Nomad

Post  Nomad on Sun May 07, 2017 10:45 am

I am good with either special attack - Blood Scent or Claw and Sword. It seems that the difference is with who attacks first - the dwarf or the bear.

Intimidating Presence sounds too similar to Frightening Presence from the Skull Demon, to me. Count Raymond has a similar power (Maneuver 9), but figures need to roll a nine or higher to ignore wounds. Maybe something similar to that?
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:21 am

BORVUND  

Unique Hero
    Class: Fighter
    Personality: Resolute (like the Shieldsmiths)  Resolute, Indimidating, wild- lots of possibilities here

Attack: 5 (3)
    Defense: 5  With 6 life I could see defense of 4
    A Lot of Points

CLAW AND SWORD SPECIAL ATTACK
    RANGE 1 ATTACK 5
    If Borvund attacks a figure that was not adjacent at the start of the turn, she may use Claw and Sword Special Attack. After attacking she may attack one additional time with an attack of 3.

SWORD AND CLAW SPECIAL ATTACK
    If Borvund attacks a figure she was adjacent to at the start of the turn, she may use Sword and Claw Special Attack. If Borvund inflicts a wound with her normal attack she may attack again with Sword and Claw Special Attack .  Roll 3 attack die, for each skull rolled, the defending figure rolls one less defensive die.

WILD DISTRACTION
    All friendly Dwarf figures that start their move within five spaces of Borvund do not take leaving engagement attacks.

A couple of thoughts here, needs some clean up.
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:36 pm

Two special attacks, depending on if the bear starts adjacent or not . . . I likey. I'll put some theory-scaping into it.
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:40 am

Cool design. WILD DISTRACTION is a cool name.

I think the two Special Attack names are too similar and that could read as confusing.

Maybe SWORD AND CLAW is when Borvund starts the turn engaged and another name for when he moves into engagement (CHARGING BEAR?).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:14 pm