Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

Brainstorming - Cult of Asmodeus - group concept

Lord Kai

Brainstorming - Cult of Asmodeus - group concept

Post  Lord Kai on Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:25 am

There have been a few Pathfinder Battles figures that have a black & red color scheme over the last 3 sets.  As more have been released, I am thinking that they could become their own faction/army.  Most of these are in the $3 - $4 range, with a few that are more.  I went ahead and ordered 2 sets of them ... one for me, one for the Schafte's.  

With those kinds of costs, and some challenges with availability, I was thinking about a "group concept" army, similar to the Elf Wizards.  The concept would focus around the newly released "Fire Diabolist" who looks awesome in pictures but not sure how she'll look in person.  I am thinking of this group as Cultists who worship/follow the Fire Diabolist (who might be a demon).

Basic ideas:

Fire Diabolist = Demon = Leader
    Thrune Agent = Human = Cleric
    Priest of Asmodeos = Human = Cleric
    Thrune Enforcer = Human = Cultist
    Lamashtu Thug 1 = Human = Cultist
    Lamashtu Thug 2 = Human = Cultist

I was considering using the Elf Wizard ... "bonus for each Cultist or Cleric that follows Valkrill within 3 clear sight spaces" concept.  Still need to develop some powers, but this group could also have some synergy with the Nhah Scirh cultists unless we're careful with wording.

Anyway! no powers yet .. but throwing this out there.

Sorry for the different image sizes.  Had trouble finding uniform images.

Spoiler:

Nomad

Re: Brainstorming - Cult of Asmodeus - group concept

Post  Nomad on Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:08 am

Sounds like an idea to pursue. I would love to see/hold the figures to draw inspiration for powers, personality and the like. Thanks for your generosity.
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:36 pm

Mini's arrived today.  They are pretty good though about Size 4 Medium (even the main leader Fire Diabolist, which is disappointing).

I was thinking of adding this Demon, who comes from the Arena of the Planeswalker expansion, into the group. He's about Medium 5.

Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai on Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:15 pm

Okay, the Demon Cultists are forming up! I think the "red" version of this figure will work nicely with them.

Decided to expand to add some Common Heroes or maybe a Common Squad in the mix with these 3. Ordered a few more so that we'll have 5 of each in total.

Thrune Enforcer = Human = Cultist
    Lamashtu Thug 1 = Human = Cultist
    Lamashtu Thug 2 = Human = Cultist

Lord Kai wrote:While the ideas that I have posted for this figure need some serious revision ... my eBay shopping addiction has uncovered a RED promo version of the figure!! So I am thinking that this guy will be an Uncommon Hero ... with easy Purple and Red figures to distinguish them. I ordered some in Red to share : P

Nomad

Post  Nomad on Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:02 pm

I will have to see and touch the figures to understand the scheme behind this Demon Cultist faction. Do you think they are too small for heroscape? How do they compare in size to the horned demon - do they fit together?
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai on Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:36 pm

Here you go. Good comparison photos and a group shot at the end.

Spoiler:

Nomad

Post  Nomad on Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:11 pm

I think the size is fine. Thanks for the photos.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:34 pm