Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions


    Murazath (Shades helper), brainstroming

    Share
    avatar
    Nomad

    Posts : 1870
    Join date : 2013-05-26

    Murazath (Shades helper), brainstroming

    Post  Nomad on Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:57 pm

    Murazath
    NWHC Wave ? – Wave Title - Pack Title



    PDF DOWNLOAD, front
    PDF DOWNLOAD, back


    Figure: Combat Hex, Lord of the Rings, 037 Twilight Ringwraith

    General: Utgar
    Planet: Toril

    Species: Undead
    Unique Hero
    Class: Wraith
    Personality: Tormented
    Medium 5

    Life: 4
    Move: 6
    Range: 1
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 3
    90 Points

    CROWN OF BLEAKWOODE
    When revealing an Order Marker on Murazath's Army Card, after taking his turn, if Murazath is engaged, you may immediately take a turn with any Undead Devourer or Knight Squad you control.

    INSUBSTANTIAL 3
    Murazath adds 3 additional defense dice when rolling defense against a normal attack from a figure who is not adjacent.

    STEALTH FLYING
    When counting spaces for Murazath’s movement, ignore elevations. Murazath may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Murazath starts to fly, if it is engaged it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

    Character Bio:
    Some thoughts . . . Murazath came to Valhalla with the Phantom Knights from Toril, given crown of Bleakwoode by Utgar, leads Shades and Phantom Knights into battle, etc.


    - Rulings and Clarifications -

    - N/A

    - Combinations and Synergies -

    Synergy Benefits Offered

    -Murazath: Crown of Bleakwoode
    Potential bonding with Shades of Bleakwoode, Phantom Knights, and Rechets of Bogdan.

    Synergy Benefits Received

    -Figure Name: Power
    Plain Text

    Synergy Imposed

    -Figure Name: Power
    Plain Text
    avatar
    Lord Kai

    Posts : 1560
    Join date : 2013-05-26
    Location : Seattle

    Re: Murazath (Shades helper), brainstroming

    Post  Lord Kai on Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:09 pm

    Can we give him Move 7?

    Any bump to the d20 for the Shades for their Possession?
    avatar
    Nomad

    Posts : 1870
    Join date : 2013-05-26

    Re: Murazath (Shades helper), brainstroming

    Post  Nomad on Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:15 pm

    Sure - I was just throwing out some ideas to get started. A bump for taking possession of a hero could be significant.

    Do you think straight bonding is too boring? I tried to limit it so that this figure has to be engaged. What do you think if it was a movement bonding instead. This would help with shades get more rolls for soul possession. Since both the shades and the phantoms have stealth flying, movement bonding might just be enough, and it would keep this figure's points lower.
    avatar
    Lord Kai

    Posts : 1560
    Join date : 2013-05-26
    Location : Seattle

    Re: Murazath (Shades helper), brainstroming

    Post  Lord Kai on Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:22 pm

    Nomad wrote:Sure - I was just throwing out some ideas to get started. A bump for taking possession of a hero could be significant.

    Do you think straight bonding is too boring? I tried to limit it so that this figure has to be engaged. What do you think if it was a movement bonding instead. This would help with shades get more rolls for soul possession. Since both the shades and the phantoms have stealth flying, movement bonding might just be enough, and it would keep this figure's points lower.


    The Phantom Knights are pretty good already.  The Shades need the most help - and I would be okay with straight Bonding for the Shades.  

    Hmmm ... lots of options.

    1. Engaged Bonding -
    When revealing an Order Marker on Murazath's Army Card, after taking his turn, if Murazath is engaged, you may immediately take a turn with any Undead Devourer or Undead Knight Squad you control.

    2.  Unengaged Bonding -
    When revealing an Order Marker on Murazath's Army Card, if Murazath is unengaged, you may first take a turn with any Undead Devourer or Knight Squad you control.  [sort of like the Zombie Hulk]

    3.  Movement Bonding -
    When revealing an Order Marker on Murazath's Army Card, before taking his turn, you may move 3 Undead squad figures with the Stealth Flying ability up to 6 spaces each.


    Perhaps bump his Defense from 3 to 5 and drop Insubstantial in favor of another power.

    How about something like:

    NECROMANTIC AURA
    When a Devourer you control who follows Utgar attacks a figure engaged with Murazath with a normal attack, before defense dice are rolled, you may re-roll one attack die that did not show a skull.  When a Devourer you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Murazath rolls the 20-sided die for a special power, you may add 1 to your roll.
    avatar
    Nomad

    Posts : 1870
    Join date : 2013-05-26

    Re: Murazath (Shades helper), brainstroming

    Post  Nomad on Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:33 am

    Good ideas. I would still like to keep the Rechets involved, so I would vote against a movement bonding only being for stealth flyers, but I love the idea of re-rolling an attack (especially to help the Rechets) . . . how about this? I think he might be a little strong even when bumping to 100 points.

    General: Utgar
    Planet: Toril

    Species: Undead
    Unique Hero
    Class: Wraith
    Personality: Tormented
    Medium 5

    Life: 4
    Move: 7
    Range: 1
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 5
    100 Points

    CROWN OF BLEAKWOODE
    When a Devourer you control attacks a figure engaged with Murazath with a normal attack, before defense dice are rolled, you may re-roll one attack die that did not show a skull. When a Devourer you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Murazath rolls the 20-sided die for a special power, you may add 1 to your roll.

    UNDEAD TRANSLATION
    When revealing an Order Marker on Murazath's Army Card, after taking his turn, you may immediately move three Undead Squad figures you control up to 4 spaces each.

    STEALTH FLYING
    When counting spaces for Murazath’s movement, ignore elevations. Murazath may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Murazath starts to fly, if it is engaged it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
    avatar
    Derek S

    Posts : 1213
    Join date : 2013-05-26

    Re: Murazath (Shades helper), brainstroming

    Post  Derek S on Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:24 am

    Crown of Bleakwoode is awesome. Great figure, need to get it, and really like whats going on here.
    avatar
    Lord Kai

    Posts : 1560
    Join date : 2013-05-26
    Location : Seattle

    Re: Murazath (Shades helper), brainstroming

    Post  Lord Kai on Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:29 am

    Derek S wrote:Crown of Bleakwoode is awesome.  Great figure, need to get it, and really like whats going on here.

    It is a cool figure! I can grab one for you.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOTR-TMG-Combat-Hex-FE-037-Twilight-Ringwraith-RARE-/401071834704?hash=item5d61be8650:g:cswAAOSwQYZWwOK3
    avatar
    Lord Kai

    Posts : 1560
    Join date : 2013-05-26
    Location : Seattle

    Re: Murazath (Shades helper), brainstroming

    Post  Lord Kai on Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:08 am

    Nomad wrote:Good ideas. I would still like to keep the Rechets involved, so I would vote against a movement bonding only being for stealth flyers, but I love the idea of re-rolling an attack (especially to help the Rechets) . . . how about this? I think he might be a little strong even when bumping to 100 points.

    General: Utgar
    Planet: Toril

    Species: Undead
    Unique Hero
    Class: Wraith
    Personality: Tormented
    Medium 5

    Life: 4
    Move: 7
    Range: 1
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 5
    100 Points

    CROWN OF BLEAKWOODE
    When a Devourer you control attacks a figure engaged with Murazath with a normal attack, before defense dice are rolled, you may re-roll one attack die that did not show a skull. When a Devourer you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Murazath rolls the 20-sided die for a special power, you may add 1 to your roll.

    UNDEAD TRANSLATION
    When revealing an Order Marker on Murazath's Army Card, after taking his turn, you may immediately move three Undead Squad figures you control up to 4 spaces each.

    STEALTH FLYING
    When counting spaces for Murazath’s movement, ignore elevations. Murazath may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Murazath starts to fly, if it is engaged it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.


    I like this version!! Wouldn't mind play-testing. I could see bumping the Undead Translation movement bonding to 5 spaces. That's still short for Phantom Knights and Shades but helps if folks move Zombies or Skeletons. And you want to keep him a Wraith - and not give him a title since he could then work with Skeletons of Annellintia?

    DEVOURERS
    Anubian Wolves
    Marcu Esenwein
    Rechets Of Bogdan
    Shades Of Bleakwoode
    avatar
    Derek S

    Posts : 1213
    Join date : 2013-05-26

    Re: Murazath (Shades helper), brainstroming

    Post  Derek S on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:47 pm

    Crown of Bleakwoode implies he is a king/ruler. Undead Translation doesn't quite work for me, but I could go with it. How about Follow the Undead Crown (lame) or something along those lines. Undead Orders?

    kai wrote:It is a cool figure! I can grab one for you.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOTR-TMG-Combat-Hex-FE-037-Twilight-Ringwraith-RARE-/401071834704?hash=item5d61be8650:g:cswAAOSwQYZWwOK3

    That would be awesome!
    avatar
    Nomad

    Posts : 1870
    Join date : 2013-05-26

    Re: Murazath (Shades helper), brainstroming

    Post  Nomad on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:31 am

    Crown of Bleakwoode implies he is a king/ruler. Undead Translation doesn't quite work for me, but I could go with it. How about Follow the Undead Crown (lame) or something along those lines. Undead Orders?

    I am not sure why Undead Translation doesn't work with Crown of Bleakwoode. Or is it just the name of the power that doesn't work?

    Which is kind of what I am thinking.

    How about "Undead Advance"?

    And you want to keep him a Wraith - and not give him a title since he could then work with Skeletons of Annellintia?

    I don't think I considered that. Are you proposing that Murazath also rebirth Skeletons? I'm OK with that, with even more of bump in points. It would read something like this then:

    Species: Undead
    Unique Hero
    Class: Duke or Lord?
    Personality: Tormented
    Medium 5

    Life: 4
    Move: 7
    Range: 1
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 5
    120 Points

    Sponsored content

    Re: Murazath (Shades helper), brainstroming

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:38 pm