Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions


    W5 - Einar Archer Matsuko Kazumi - brainstorming

    Share
    avatar
    Lord Kai

    Posts : 1611
    Join date : 2013-05-26
    Location : Seattle

    W5 - Einar Archer Matsuko Kazumi - brainstorming

    Post  Lord Kai on Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:20 pm

    Borrowing from IshMEL's Warlord archer leader, Bellatrix - help Roman Archers and Tagawa Samurai:
    https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2084923&postcount=602

    Needs wording for sure.


    KAZUMI MATSUKO

    Figure: Combat Hex, Lord of the Rings (LotR), High Elf Archer

    General: EINAR
    Planet: Earth

    Species: Human
    Unique Hero
    Class: Samurai
    Personality: Disciplined
    Medium 5

    Life: 4
    Move: 5
    Range: 7
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 3
    80 Points

    ARCHER COMMANDER
    After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Kazumi, you may choose either an Archer or Samurai squad you control. The chosen squad must have a Range greater than 4 and follow Einar. You may either take a turn with the chosen squad, or move all figures you control in that squad up to 2 spaces each. A figure activated with Archer Commander must be within 8 clear sight spaces of Kazumi at the start of its move.

    TACTICAL FORMATION
    All Einar Archers and Einar Samurai with a Range greater than 4 that you control within 2 clear sight spaces of Kazumi add 1 to their attack and 1 to their defense dice.

    COMBAT LEADER
    If at least one Order Marker is on Kazumi, you may add 3 to your initiative roll.




    Last edited by Lord Kai on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    Lord Kai

    Posts : 1611
    Join date : 2013-05-26
    Location : Seattle

    Re: W5 - Einar Archer Matsuko Kazumi - brainstorming

    Post  Lord Kai on Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:50 pm

    I have permission from IshMEL to pursue his idea for an Archer Commander : )

    Seems like a good start.
    avatar
    Derek S

    Posts : 1225
    Join date : 2013-05-26

    Re: W5 - Einar Archer Matsuko Kazumi - brainstorming

    Post  Derek S on Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:14 am


    ARCHER COMMANDER
    After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Kazumi, you may choose either an Archer or Samurai squad you control. The chosen squad must have a Range greater than 4 and follow Einar. You may either take a turn with the chosen squad, or move all figures you control in that squad up to 2 spaces each. A figure activated with Archer Commander must be within 8 clear sight spaces of Kazumi at the start of its move.

    ARCHER COMMANDER
    After revealing and Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Kazumi, you may choose either and Archer or Samurai squad with a Range greater than 4 that follows Einar. You may either take a turn with the chosen squad, or move all figures you control in that squad up to 2 spaces each. A figure activated with Archer Commander must be within 8 clear sight spaces of Kazumi at the start of its move.

    My only concern here is creating the "Pod". Roman Archers and Tagawa Samurai Archers are the only I see affected by this. Both would definitely get a benefit. Cool idea.


    TACTICAL FORMATION
    All Archers and Samurai with a Range greater than 4 that you control within 2 clear sight spaces of Kazumi add 1 to their attack and 1 to their defense dice.

    Syvarris becomes a beast. Kaeman Awa, Aubrien Archers (Wow), Brandis, Arrow Gruts (double hero activation here), are just a few I see here.

    Sweet figure. good start.
    avatar
    Lord Kai

    Posts : 1611
    Join date : 2013-05-26
    Location : Seattle

    Re: W5 - Einar Archer Matsuko Kazumi - brainstorming

    Post  Lord Kai on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:55 pm

    Derek S wrote:


    TACTICAL FORMATION
    All Archers and Samurai with a Range greater than 4 that you control within 2 clear sight spaces of Kazumi add 1 to their attack and 1 to their defense dice.

    Syvarris becomes a beast.  Kaeman Awa, Aubrien Archers (Wow), Brandis, Arrow Gruts (double hero activation here), are just a few I see here.

    Sweet figure.  good start.

    Doh! Need to add ... "that follow Einar" - otherwise that would be awesome!!!!  Good catch. I will update to Einar but that will give Kaemon Awa a boost to be in the same army as Kazumi.
    avatar
    Nomad

    Posts : 1921
    Join date : 2013-05-26

    Re: W5 - Einar Archer Matsuko Kazumi - brainstorming

    Post  Nomad on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:27 am

    This is a great looking figure! And I'm really liking the initial ideas.

    First impressions are that it is overpowered for the points. I would increase the points, or reduce the powers a bit. I favor the later, or not. Morphing some ideas? Here are some ideas to consider, anyways. I deleted the last power in favor of adding any Samurai to the second power. Here is my 2 cents.

    Life: 4
    Move: 5
    Range: 7
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 3
    80 Points

    EINAR ARCHER COMMANDER
    After revealing an Order Marker on this card and moving Kazumi, instead of attacking, you may choose either an Archer squad or Samurai squad you control that follows Einar. You may either take a turn with the chosen squad, or move all figures you control in that squad up to 2 spaces each. A figure activated with Archer Commander must be within 6 clear sight spaces of Kazumi at the start of its move.

    TACTICAL FORMATION
    All Einar Archers and Einar Samurai that you control within 2 clear sight spaces of Kazumi add 1 to their attack and 1 to their defense dice.

    This will give benefit to not only the Roman and Tagawa Archers, but also to any Samurai. It might just increase the options for play in different builds.

    Just throwing out ideas.
    avatar
    Lord Kai

    Posts : 1611
    Join date : 2013-05-26
    Location : Seattle

    Re: W5 - Einar Archer Matsuko Kazumi - brainstorming

    Post  Lord Kai on Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:39 pm

    Nomad wrote:This is a great looking figure! And I'm really liking the initial ideas.

    First impressions are that it is overpowered for the points. I would increase the points, or reduce the powers a bit. I favor the later, or not. Morphing some ideas? Here are some ideas to consider, anyways. I deleted the last power in favor of adding any Samurai to the second power. Here is my 2 cents.

    Life: 4
    Move: 5
    Range: 7
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 3
    80 Points

    EINAR ARCHER COMMANDER
    After revealing an Order Marker on this card and moving Kazumi, instead of attacking, you may choose either an Archer squad or Samurai squad you control that follows Einar. You may either take a turn with the chosen squad, or move all figures you control in that squad up to 2 spaces each. A figure activated with Archer Commander must be within 6 clear sight spaces of Kazumi at the start of its move.

    TACTICAL FORMATION
    All Einar Archers and Einar Samurai that you control within 2 clear sight spaces of Kazumi add 1 to their attack and 1 to their defense dice.

    This will give benefit to not only the Roman and Tagawa Archers, but also to any Samurai. It might just increase the options for play in different builds.

    Just throwing out ideas.

    Two powers is much more balanced at 80 points.

    I think allowing him to use OM Management for ANY Samurai squad makes him really powerful though. I think the Samurai faction could really use that but I don't know if that is for this figure.

    The Tactical Formation bonus would be okay with me though - so that Unique Samurai would have a bit of attack/defense bump. It would help the Izumi for sure, and Kozuke would get a defense boost before they lunge.

    Army Builds:
    # 1
    Matsuko ... 80
    T. Samurai Archers x3 .. 275
    Kaemon Awa ... 395
    Kozuke Samurai ... 495


    # 2
    Matsuko ... 80
    Roman Archers x4 ... 300
    Kaemon Awa ... 420
    Izumi Samurai .. .480
    Ellessar ... 520

    # 3
    Matsuko ... 80
    Roman Archers x3 ... 245
    Roman Legion x3 .. 395
    Marcus Decimus ... 495


    # 4
    Matsuko ... 80
    T. Samurai Archers x4 ... 340
    Kaemon Awa ... 460
    Izumi Samurai .. 520

    avatar
    Nomad

    Posts : 1921
    Join date : 2013-05-26

    Re: W5 - Einar Archer Matsuko Kazumi - brainstorming

    Post  Nomad on Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:35 pm

    OK, maybe I can use that any samurai squad part with Hatamoto Jiro. In fact, let's drop my ideas for Tactical Formation as well, I may use it with Hatamoto Jiro.

    So, here is how Kazumi Matsuko stands now . . . ? I would be OK with dropping the Combat Leader if he proves too powerful for the points.

    KAZUMI MATSUKO

    Figure: Combat Hex, Lord of the Rings (LotR), High Elf Archer

    General: Einar
    Planet: Earth

    Species: Human
    Unique Hero
    Class: Samurai
    Personality: Disciplined
    Medium 5

    Life: 4
    Move: 5
    Range: 7
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 3
    80 Points

    ARCHER COMMANDER
    After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Kazumi Matsuko, you may choose either an Archer or Samurai squad you control. The chosen squad must have a Range greater than 4 and follow Einar. You may either take a turn with the chosen squad, or move all figures you control in that squad up to 2 spaces each. A figure activated with Archer Commander must be within 8 clear sight spaces of Kazumi at the start of its move.

    TACTICAL FORMATION
    All Einar Archers and Einar Samurai with a Range greater than 4 that you control within 2 clear sight spaces of Kazumi Matsuko add 1 to their attack and 1 to their defense dice.

    COMBAT LEADER
    If at least one Order Marker is on Kazumi Matsuko, you may add 3 to your initiative roll.
    avatar
    Lord Kai

    Posts : 1611
    Join date : 2013-05-26
    Location : Seattle

    Re: W5 - Einar Archer Matsuko Kazumi - brainstorming

    Post  Lord Kai on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:50 pm

    Nomad wrote:OK, maybe I can use that any samurai squad part with Hatamoto Jiro. In fact, let's drop my ideas for Tactical Formation as well, I may use it with Hatamoto Jiro.

    So, here is how Kazumi Matsuko stands now . . . ? I would be OK with dropping the Combat Leader if he proves too powerful for the points.

    KAZUMI MATSUKO

    Figure: Combat Hex, Lord of the Rings (LotR), High Elf Archer

    General: Einar
    Planet: Earth

    Species: Human
    Unique Hero
    Class: Samurai
    Personality: Disciplined
    Medium 5

    Life: 4
    Move: 5
    Range: 7
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 3
    80 Points

    ARCHER COMMANDER
    After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Kazumi Matsuko, you may choose either an Archer or Samurai squad you control. The chosen squad must have a Range greater than 4 and follow Einar. You may either take a turn with the chosen squad, or move all figures you control in that squad up to 2 spaces each. A figure activated with Archer Commander must be within 8 clear sight spaces of Kazumi at the start of its move.

    TACTICAL FORMATION
    All Einar Archers and Einar Samurai with a Range greater than 4 that you control within 2 clear sight spaces of Kazumi Matsuko add 1 to their attack and 1 to their defense dice.

    COMBAT LEADER
    If at least one Order Marker is on Kazumi Matsuko, you may add 3 to your initiative roll.


    Yes, I am good dropping Combat Leader - though maybe that goes with Jiro .. the Samurai would benefit from some initiative boosting!!
    avatar
    Lord Kai

    Posts : 1611
    Join date : 2013-05-26
    Location : Seattle

    Re: W5 - Einar Archer Matsuko Kazumi - brainstorming

    Post  Lord Kai on Thu May 18, 2017 7:55 pm

    Update. Reversing the name to avoid the Izumi confusion (and it is probably proper Japanese anyway).

    MATSUKO KAZUMI

    Figure: Combat Hex, Lord of the Rings (LotR), High Elf Archer

    General: Einar
    Planet: Earth

    Species: Human
    Unique Hero
    Class: Samurai
    Personality: Disciplined
    Medium 5

    Life: 4
    Move: 5
    Range: 7
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 3
    80 Points

    ARCHER COMMANDER
    After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Matsuko Kazumi, you may choose either an Archer or Samurai squad you control. The chosen squad must have a Range greater than 4 and follow Einar. You may either take a turn with the chosen squad, or move all figures you control in that squad up to 2 spaces each. A figure activated with Archer Commander must be within 8 clear sight spaces of Matsuko Kazumi at the start of its move.

    TACTICAL FORMATION
    All Einar Archers and Einar Samurai with a Range greater than 4 that you control within 2 clear sight spaces of Matsuko Kazumi add 1 to their attack and 1 to their defense dice.

    avatar
    Nomad

    Posts : 1921
    Join date : 2013-05-26

    Re: W5 - Einar Archer Matsuko Kazumi - brainstorming

    Post  Nomad on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:25 pm

    Works for me. My Japanese isn't very proper anyways.
    avatar
    Lord Kai

    Posts : 1611
    Join date : 2013-05-26
    Location : Seattle

    Re: W5 - Einar Archer Matsuko Kazumi - brainstorming

    Post  Lord Kai on Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:07 pm

    Gave Matsuko a few play-tests today:

    Matsuko ... 80
    Kaemon Awa ... 200
    Tagawa Samurai ... 320
    Samurai Archers x3 ... 515

    vs

    Giant Scorpion ... 120
    Wyvern ... 220
    Estivar ... 300
    Theracus ... 340
    Spiders x4 ... 500

    1st match the Spiders won every round of initiative except the last and the 2nd match the Samurai won every round. The game was split of 1-1.

    Matsuko added some benefit to the Samurai Archers especially the bonding aspect but also the +1 attack. The +1 defense aided counter-strike but it wasn't needed as much against the Spiders 2 attack. The two times that Matsuko fell in battle were quick strikes from the Wyvern for 3/4 wounds from attacking and then the Spiders added another wound to finish him off. I think this was more about the high-maneuverability of the Wyvern than Matsuko's stats.

    In the 2nd match, Matsuko has OM's 2 and 3 when the Wyvern swooped in for a kill-shot. It helped that the Spider-team had the +1 attack glyph but that loss of Matsuko meant 2 OM"s were lost which basically won the game for the Spiders. With the Hero holding the OM's for bonding, it does make the potential loss of OM's critical so a strategy might be getting Matsuko into position for his aura and then switching OM's to the squad.

    I'd say he is priced right for his stats and it helps the Samurai greatly getting into position.
    avatar
    Nomad

    Posts : 1921
    Join date : 2013-05-26

    Re: W5 - Einar Archer Matsuko Kazumi - brainstorming

    Post  Nomad on Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:03 pm

    I will take some pics of this figure and start working on the card. And give him some play tests. Thanks for the report.
    avatar
    Lord Kai

    Posts : 1611
    Join date : 2013-05-26
    Location : Seattle

    Re: W5 - Einar Archer Matsuko Kazumi - brainstorming

    Post  Lord Kai on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:42 pm

    Great couple of playtests with Matsuko Kazumi yesterday. Jacob rocked them in two combats and rolled to victory - once with Roman Archers and once with Tagawa Archers.

    # 1:

    Marcus ... 100
    Romans x2 ... 200
    Roman Archers x4 ... 420
    Matsuko ... 500

    defeated Knights/Lea/Thorgrimm

    # 2:

    Matsuko ... 80
    T. Sam. Archers x4 .. 340
    Cathar Spearmen x2 .. 490

    defeated Wyvern/Spiders/Scorpion


    The Archer Command worked very well, especially with massed archers (4 squads) being able to move 2 spaces each. This helped get the Roman Archers up and into battle on their map (which was fairly flat). The Romans were doing well and 3 attack was very helpful against the Knights. The Samurai had more options for height advantage and lower defense spiders to content with.

    All in all - Matsuko was really, really good. His "Master Woo" style aura was great and probably too good now that I think about. Woo is 140-points and Taelord is 180-points so Heroscape must have a high cost for attack auras. Combined with bonding - allowing 4 ranged attacks likely of 3 without height is pretty strong. It is comparable to 4th Mass with a Wait-then-Fire.

    4th Mass x3 ... 210

    Matsuko + Romans x3 ... 245
    Matsuko + Samurai x3 ... 275


    I'm thinking Matsuko should probably get bumped to 120-points - to reflect an attack aura with 2 range. He's likely still worth his points.

    Matsuko ... 120
    Roman Archers x3 ... 285
    Marcus ... 385
    Romans x2 ... 485

    Matsuko ... 120
    Sam Arch x3 .. 315
    Kaemon ... 435
    Izumi .. 495


    I am liking the direction of the figure though and think he really adds options for Roman Archers and Samurai Archers.




    Sponsored content

    Re: W5 - Einar Archer Matsuko Kazumi - brainstorming

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:48 pm