Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

W1 Uvall and the Harpies - Released*

Nomad

Re: W1 Uvall and the Harpies - Released*

Post  Nomad on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:38 am

COMMAND THE HARPIES?

After revealing an order marker and taking a turn with Uvall, you may take a turn with one squad of Bloodhunter Harpies Terrifying Demons you control.

We talked about this slight change for Uvall's bonding power. This would enable us to create terrifying demons in the future that bond with Uvall that don't necessarily have to be Harpies. Also, we would not need to change anything on the Harpies card. The only other demon squad at this point are Mezzos and they are Ferocious.

For a different power name we could go with Commander of Terror, Lord of Terror, Command the Demons, etc.

I think 105 points for Uvall is a good spot.

Thoughts?
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:47 am

Damon wrote:COMMAND THE HARPIES?

After revealing an order marker and taking a turn with Uvall, you may take a turn with one squad of Bloodhunter Harpies Terrifying Demons you control.

We talked about this slight change for Uvall's bonding power. This would enable us to create terrifying demons in the future that bond with Uvall that don't necessarily have to be Harpies. Also, we would not need to change anything on the Harpies card. The only other demon squad at this point are Mezzos and they are Ferocious.

For a different power name we could go with Commander of Terror, Lord of Terror, Command the Demons, etc.

I think 105 points for Uvall is a good spot.

This works for me. I like Lord of Terror or something similar personally.
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:39 am

LORD OF TERROR or DEMON LORD OF TERROR works for me.
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:00 pm

Kai, which name do you want for the bonding? I will then edit the cards.
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:16 pm

LORD OF TERROR

... please ...
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:35 pm

New cards!

No changes to the Harpies, but I did increase the font size on the powers slightly (better for my old eyes)

For Uvall, I renamed the Bonding power, changed to Terrifying Demons, and changed a "he" to an "it."

Please let me know if you see anything amiss.

Derek S

Post  Derek S on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:54 pm

Damon wrote:I had to put the original and Derek's suggestion side-by-side to compare. I do like Derek's wording - just a little cleaner. An edit or two for a cleaner copy and paste into the card:

BLOODFRENZY 14
    If you destroy an opponent’s figure with an attack you may choose an unengaged Bloodhunter Harpy that is within 8 spaces of the destroyed figure. The chosen Bloodhunter Harpy may move up to 6 spaces. After moving with Blood Frenzy 14, that Bloodhunter Harpy may choose a figure it is engaged with and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound. A Bloodhunter Harpy may use Blood Frenzy only once per turn.

Kai, will this wording change work?

Kai wrote:Yes. Approved.

Not a big deal but I thought this was the wording we were going to use.
    Everything else looks marvelous.
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:16 pm

Harpy OP wrote:BLOOD FRENZY

If you destroy an opponent's figure with an attack you may choose an unengaged Bloodhunter Harpy that is within 8 spaces of the destroyed figure. Move the chosen Bloodhunter Harpy up to 6 spaces. After moving with Blood Frenzy, if that Bloodhunter Harpy ends its movement engaged, choose one of the engaged figures and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound. Bloodhunter Harpies may use Blood Frenzy only once per turn.

Derek wrote:BLOODFRENZY 14
    If you destroy an opponent’s figure with an attack you may choose an unengaged Bloodhunter Harpy that is within 8 spaces of the destroyed figure. The chosen Bloodhunter Harpy may move up to 6 spaces. After moving with Blood Frenzy 14, that Bloodhunter Harpy may choose a figure it is engaged with and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound. A Bloodhunter Harpy may use Blood Frenzy only once per turn.

Yep, sorry. I missed/forgot this when making edits the last couple of times on this card.

Thanks for catching the wording change. It is a bit of a challenge to go through 4 pages of posts to figure out what is official when I make cards. Please, please LDs, make sure the OP is up to date and current with the final wording, etc. It only takes a couple of minutes. Each time I go in and edit a card, it me takes 15 minutes minimum. Thank you!

Oh well, let's try again. I will redo the card again and post it later.
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:52 pm

Now that we've done more work on cards, this just didn't sound right. We need to include "you" . . . the Harpy doesn't actually do the choosing.

What about this?

BLOODFRENZY 14
    If you destroy an opponent’s figure with an attack you may choose an unengaged Bloodhunter Harpy that is within 8 spaces of the destroyed figure. The chosen Bloodhunter Harpy may move up to 6 spaces. After moving with the chosen Bloodhunter Harpy with Blood Frenzy 14, you may choose a figure that the chosen Bloodhunter Harpy is engaged with and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, the chosen figure engaged by the chosen Bloodhunter Harpy receives one wound. A Bloodhunter Harpy may be chosen to use Blood Frenzy only once per turn.

I know, we are getting redundant on the choosing, but this is the first power where you choose and then choose based on the chosen one again. I'm just kidding of course . . . oh, not funny? I was having myself a nice little chuckle.

Will this work?

BLOODFRENZY 14
    If you destroy an opponent’s figure with an attack you may choose an unengaged Bloodhunter Harpy that is within 8 spaces of the destroyed figure. The chosen Bloodhunter Harpy may move up to 6 spaces. After moving with Blood Frenzy 14, you may choose a figure the Bloodhunter Harpy is engaged with and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound. A Bloodhunter Harpy may use Blood Frenzy only once per turn.
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:34 pm

BLOODFRENZY 14
    If you destroy an opponent’s figure with an attack you may choose an unengaged Bloodhunter Harpy that is within 8 spaces of the destroyed figure. The chosen Bloodhunter Harpy may move up to 6 spaces. After moving with Blood Frenzy 14, you may choose a figure the that Bloodhunter Harpy is engaged with and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound. A Bloodhunter Harpy may use Blood Frenzy only once per turn.

or

BLOODFRENZY 14
    If you destroy an opponent’s figure with an attack you may choose an unengaged Bloodhunter Harpy that is within 8 spaces of the destroyed figure. The chosen Bloodhunter Harpy may move up to 6 spaces. After moving with Blood Frenzy 14, you may choose a figure engaged with that Bloodhunter Harpy and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound. A Bloodhunter Harpy may use Blood Frenzy only once per turn.

Just rewording that 1 line- not sure if it is better or not.
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:49 pm

Yes, that instead of the works better.

Thanks.

We all good here?
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:40 pm

Here is the latest and last rendition of the Harpies card with the changes. Please let me know if you see anything that needs to be corrected.

I am going to assume that the Uvall card was good to go.

Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai on Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Looks great.
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:47 pm

Thank you!

I will send it to the printer . . .
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai on Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:16 pm

Lord Kai wrote:Bio:
    Shortly after rising to power in Valhalla, the new Archkyrie general, Valkrill, sought to expand his army.  To find more soldiers willing to carry out his plan for annihilation and chaos, Valkrill turned again to demonic forces.  

As a commander to aid the newly summoned Morgoloth, the mages of Valkrill and Utgar called forth Uvall, the Demon Lord of Wrath.  With is vulture-like visage and massive talons, the demon lord brought incredible strength, power, and speed to the legion.  In addition to physical might, Uvall can channel incredible necromantic energies.  His command of dark magic allows him to harness the energy of a dying soul to transport another demon to the realm of Valhalla.  This “soul exchange” allows Uvall to increase Valkrill’s legion at the cost of his enemy’s soldiers.

Uvall has used his necromantic powers to bring forth his demonic servants, the Bloodhunter Harpies.  The Harpies are vicious predators of the sky, swooping down on unsuspecting prey with their black talons and razor-sharp beaks.  The sightless-demons hunt primarily through sound and smell.  The slightest amount of blood on the battlefield whips them into a feeding frenzy with Harpies whirling and diving at the wounded and dying in hopes of feasting on the fallen.  A feeding Harpy is incredibly territorial and lashes out with claws and beak at those too close to its latest meal.  Few things can control a Harpy when it is feeding, except their master, Uvall.

Yes .. hell has frozen over and I finally have their Bio completed.  Feedback welcome before finalizing : )

Last edited by Lord Kai on Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:14 pm

Wonderfully written! I need to hire you to write up bios for my figures.

Kai wrote:A feeding Harpy is incredibly territorial and lashed out with claws and beak at those to close to its latest meal.
    I would only change two letters in this sentence . . .

A feeding Harpy is incredibly territorial and lashes out with claws and beak at those too close to its latest meal.
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai on Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:17 pm

Thank you ... and thanks for catching those typos.

You think we can launch these this week?

Nomad

Post  Nomad on Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:28 pm

Yes!

I will have time Friday night and/or Saturday afternoon to get these in our thread.
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:09 pm

Uvall has used his necromantic powers to bring forth is demonic servants, the Bloodhunter Harpies
    is should be his.

nice bio.
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:11 pm

New name for Blood Frenzy 14?

Sanguine Frenzy 14
    Blood Attraction/Appetite/Fancy/Yearning/Craze/Fury/Delirium/Vulture 14

I'm kind of leaning towards Blood Vulture 14 (kind of fits the sculpt), or just Blood Vulture.
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai on Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:37 am

How about:

Talon Strike 14
    Raptor Strike 14
    Blood Feast 14
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Talon Strike sounds OK.
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:21 pm

Talon Strike 14 so far, although I like frenzy as part of the name. How about Carrion frenzy (an early thought) or Talon Strike Frenzy.
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:37 am

I think leaving "Frenzy" out will be fine ... Talon Strike 14 would be my vote (nice and simple).
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:24 pm

OK.

Is everybody good with changing the name of the special power on the card on Heroscapers to Talon Strike 14?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:11 am