Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

Wave 1.5 Chela released

Poll

Final Release for Chela

[ 3 ]
    100% [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

Total Votes: 3
    Derek S

Re: Wave 1.5 Chela released

Post  Derek S on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:07 am

Ran a few more tests here as well and agree to final editing.
    Nomad

Chela Card

Post  Nomad on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:29 pm

Here is the front of the card. Please check it for errors.

Last edited by Nomad on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Old card was here - see later post)
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:05 pm

That card looks awesome. I didn't run across any errors. Thanks for the effort on the card and everyone for all the contributions and suggestions to get this guy to where he is.
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:09 pm

Great job on the card!

I love how you gave him two sinister glowing eyes for a targeting point. Nice touch.

Fantastic design, Derek!
    Nomad

Chela Basic Side

Post  Nomad on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:42 am

Thanks for the compliments! We are really pushing the amount of text we can get on a card without needing a magnifying glass.

I will save the card to a PDF and do a test print later today.

Here is the basic side.

Last edited by Nomad on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Old card was here - see later post)
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:06 pm

Bio wrote:Deep underground is a Lord so fierce, so feared, so noxious even the demons do not like to call upon it.  Only when there is no other way to gain victory do the demons call upon Chela.

Let me know if you all think this is good enough or have any additional thoughts.  Thanks.
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:29 am

"Deep underground is a demon so fierce, so feared . . . that he is a Lord, even among all demons. So fierce and noxious even the demons do not embrace its calling forth. Chattering in slow undulation and rising to a rapid agitation in calling upon his name, the demons only dare to bare Chlea's appearance when there is no other hope for victory."

Kinda fun! Let's keep building.
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:38 am

Very fun... a little over the top, but I love it.

"Deep underground is a demon so fierce, so feared . . . that he is a Lord, even among all demons. So fierce and noxious even the demons do not embrace its calling forth. Chattering in slow undulation and rising to a rapid agitation in calling upon his name, the demons only dare to bare Chlea's appearance when there is no other hope for victory."

"Deep underground is a demon so fierce, so feared . . . that he is a Lord, even among all demons. So fierce and noxious even the demons do not embrace calling it forth. Only when there is no other hope for victory, is the Demon Lord Chela summoned."
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:14 am

Derek wrote:"Deep underground is a demon so fierce, so feared . . . that he is a Lord, even among all demons. So fierce and noxious even the demons do not embrace its calling forth. Chattering in slow undulation and rising to a rapid agitation in calling upon his name, the demons only dare to bare Chlea's appearance when there is no other hope for victory."

"Deep underground is a demon so fierce, so feared . . . that he is a Lord, even among all demons. So fierce and noxious even the demons do not embrace calling it forth. Only when there is no other hope for victory, is the Demon Lord Chela summoned."

Aw-man . . . you didn't like my slow undulation and rapid agitation? Yikes - that sounds like fun!

Honestly, I didn't even think of anything over the top (or maybe it is that new scruff on my face).

OK, tone it down. But can't you just hear those demons rising from repose to summon forth the ultimate ecstasy in demonhood - - - the non-other in scary-hood, the most terrifying of all . . . the multi-clawed, poison-clowded, Lord of Demons - CHELA!
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:22 am

I think the new scruff on your face has revived your vibes. You are too funny.

I was kind of thinking I've never really heard of or seen anything where Demons chant and such to summon another Demon (maybe we will have a witch or such at some point). But my scruff is a few months behind yours.Very Happy 
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:28 am

A few months? Come on!

When was the last time you shaved your chin?

What ever you want for the bio. I'm good . . . just having some fun. Chanting demons sounds like fun!
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:07 pm

Updated the OP with bio and changed wording in Miasma Cloud.
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:10 pm

change in wording looks good to me.

I will work on updating the card in the next couple of days.
    Nomad

Updated Card

Post  Nomad on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:46 pm

Last edited by Nomad on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:17 am

Looked awesome to me.
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:02 am

I printed the card . . . the text is pretty small! But with the rewording of the power and all of the text . . . we don't really have a choice.
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:00 am

I don't know why I didn't do a super detailed examination during final editing . . . most of this is just cleaning up the wording and making it more consistent with the real Heroscape cards. Mind you, there is inconsistently within the HS cards, but I went with the more common wording/text that I could find. Anyways, here is my three cents.

Chela OP wrote:Bio- "Deep underground is a demon so fierce, so feared . . . that he is a Lord, even among all demons. So fierce and noxious even the demons do not embrace calling it forth. Only when there is no other hope for victory, is the Demon Lord Chela summoned."

Not a big deal, but this sounds better to me: "Only when there is no other hope for victory, the Demon Lord Chela is summoned.

Chela OP wrote: Exoskeleton 2
      At the start of the game, place 2 copper exoskeleton markers on this card. After Chela rolls Defensive Dice against a normal attack, you may remove 1 exoskeleton marker from this card and ignore all wounds inflicted by that attack.

EXOSKELETON 2
    At the start of the game, place 2 copper Exoskeleton markers on this Army Card. After Chela rolls defense dice against a normal attack, you may remove 1 Exoskeleton marker from this Army Card to ignore all wounds inflicted by that attack.

Chela's OP wrote:Miasma Cloud
    All Figures that start their movement within 2 spaces of Chela have their move value reduced by 2. All figures within 2 spaces of Chela reduce their attack and defense values by 1. Demons are not affected by Miasma Cloud.

MIASMA CLOUD
    All figures that start their turn within 2 spaces of Chela have their Move value reduced by 2. All figures within 2 spaces of Chela reduce their Attack and Defense values by 1. Demons are not affected by Miasma Cloud.

Chela's OP wrote:Venom Pincers Special Attack
    Range 2 attack 3
    When Chela attacks with Venom Pincers Special attack the defending figure's base may be no more than 3 levels above Chela's height or 3 levels below Chela’s base. After attacking with Venom Pincers Special attack roll 1 attack die for for each wound inflicted in that attack. For each additional skull rolled, place 1 additional wound marker on the defending figure's army card. When Chela attacks with Venom Pincers Special attack, he may attack one additional time. The same figure may not be targeted more than once.

VENOM PINCERS SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range 2. Attack 3.
    When Chela attacks with Venom Pincers Special Attack the defending figure's base may be no more than 3 levels above Chela's height or 3 levels below Chela’s base. After attacking with Venom Pincers Special Attack roll 1 attack die for for each wound inflicted in that attack. For each additional skull rolled, place 1 additional Wound Marker on the defending figure's Army Card. When Chela attacks with Venom Pincers Special Attack, he may attack one additional time. He cannot attack the same figure more than once.

The last sentence makes it the same as Nilf's card. I struck out a few things to make the text shorter so that it will fit on a card, but I think it still reads as intended. Do we want to go with 'it' instead of 'he'?
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:55 am

I think we should stay consistent and make it 'it'. I'll change the OP.
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:51 pm

Before I vote, can you change the text to this?

VENOM PINCERS SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range 2. Attack 3.
    When Chela attacks with Venom Pincers Special Attack the defending figure's base may be no more than 3 levels above Chela's height or 3 levels below Chela’s base. After attacking with Venom Pincers Special Attack roll 1 attack die for for each wound inflicted. For each skull rolled, place 1 Wound Marker on the defending figure's Army Card. When Chela attacks with Venom Pincers Special Attack, he may attack one additional time. He cannot attack the same figure more than once.

When we copy text with a strikethrough, it pastes with out the strikethrough, so we need to go in and delete it out.
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:43 pm

done, getting rid of the extra for as well.
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:27 pm

Derek S

Post  Derek S on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:53 pm

looks awesome
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:38 am

Chela still needs 1 more vote to be released. hint (please Kai- unless you have or notice some issues with card/character/design.
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:32 am

Looks like Chela is completed. Thank you all for getting this guy to where he is at.
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:30 am

Looks like we missed some wording here. I would like to reopen this guy so we can get the wording so he can attack all engaged figures and such that might even be 2 spaces away.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:48 am