Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

Wave 1.5 Chela released

Poll

Final Release for Chela

[ 3 ]
    100% [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

Total Votes: 3
    Lord Kai

Re: Wave 1.5 Chela released

Post  Lord Kai on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:34 am

Derek S wrote:Looks like we missed some wording here.  I would like to reopen this guy so we can get the wording so he can attack all engaged figures and such that might even be 2 spaces away.
    There are very rare instances when Chela (or a Hydra) couldn't attack a figure because the target's base was too low. But I can see the 'Scapers point that the Range 2 Reach might cause confusion.

For simplicity, how about dropping the Range 2 "Reach" powers.

VENOM PINCERS SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range: 1 Attack: 3
    After attacking with Venom Pincers Special Attack roll 1 attack die for each wound inflicted. For each skull rolled, place 1 Wound Marker on the defending figure's Army Card. When Chela attacks with Venom Pincers Special Attack, he may attack one additional time. He cannot attack the same figure more than once.

Derek S

Post  Derek S on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:27 am

I think his range of 2 is pretty important, especially because of his placement issues. Simply making the height of the defending character 3 levels below Chela's base would work. The question then becomes is there too much text on the card so that something else may have to give.

When Chela attacks with Venom Pincers Special Attack the defending figure's base may be no more than 3 levels above Chela's height or 3 levels below Chela’s base. After attacking with Venom Pincers Special Attack roll 1 attack die for each wound inflicted. For each skull rolled, place 1 Wound Marker on the defending figure's Army Card. When Chela attacks with Venom Pincers Special Attack, he may attack one additional time. He cannot attack the same figure more than once.
    to

When Chela attacks a non-adjacent figure with Venom Pincers Special Attack the defending figure's height may be no more than 3 levels below Chela's base or the defending figure's base may be no more than 3 levels above Chela's height. If Chela inflicts a wound with Venom Pincers Special Attack roll 1 attack die. If a skull is rolled, place 1 additional Wound Marker on the defending figure's Army Card. When Chela attacks with Venom Pincers Special Attack, he may attack one additional time. He cannot attack the same figure more than once.

If Chela didn't have placement issues I would be OK with a range of 1 (if you guys both think it should be a range of 1 we can go that way). I like the Venom part of the attack and would like to keep it. Double attack is important. Not being able to attack the same figure twice is the least important to me, but is part of what makes him vulnerable, and then I don't see the need to keep the Venom part as much. I also think terrifying should also be is personality and am surprised I didn't go that way originally.
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:03 pm

attacks a non-adjacent figure

Dude, that's brilliant!!

Still a lot of text but it's a 200 points character ; )
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:37 am

Derek wrote:When Chela attacks a non-adjacent figure with Venom Pincers Special Attack the defending figure's height may be no more than 3 levels below Chela's base or the defending figure's base may be no more than 3 levels above Chela's height. If Chela inflicts a wound with Venom Pincers Special Attack roll 1 attack die. If a skull is rolled, place 1 additional Wound Marker on the defending figure's Army Card. When Chela attacks with Venom Pincers Special Attack, he may attack one additional time. He cannot attack the same figure more than once.
    This will only increase the power length a couple of lines on the card . . . we will have to see if it fits. Nice rewrite, Derek.

I think range of 2 is a must. I also like keeping not being able to attack the same figure twice which restricts the power over a single hero slightly.

Despite Scytale's reservations about this power - I think it is pretty cool. The least important part to me is the additional wound marker possibility if we had to cut something out.

We can easily change him to Terrifying - it certainly lines up with his bio. Eratas are done often.

Are we good here? Do you want me to tweak his card and repost it?
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:37 pm

I'm cool with Range 2 and the Re-Write.

Derek S

Post  Derek S on Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:09 pm

I am good with the rewrite without "nonadjacent", which changes the height restrictions on figures to heights of the defending figure below Chela and base above Chela. If it is too wordy we can stick with original wording and add "non-adjacent". Terrifying chance is also appropriate. Thanks.
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:59 pm

I'm so sorry that I've been so busy the last few weeks.

Chela's new power wording fits, barely. Let me know if this works just right and then I'll change the card on Heroscapers.

Last edited by Nomad on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:01 pm

Looks awesome. The only other thing I thought we were changing was from Ferocious to Terrifying. Sorry if I didn't update the OP on these.
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:38 am

Changed to Terrifying.
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:01 pm

Looks awesome Damon. The only thing I see is that in the Venom pincers attack should the first line have any coma's? I am happy as is.
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:43 pm

I can't see any place commas are needed. If you want to rewrite with commas inserted as necessary, that is fine.

Last edited by Nomad on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:25 pm

If you didn't see the need then all is good.
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:58 pm

OK, I will update Heroscapers.

Done.
    Derek S

Post  Derek S on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:58 pm

The Book of Chela

Large Expansion Pack–Braunglayde’s Reckoning

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

Synergy Benefits Received
    -Morgoloth: Demon Leadership

As a Demon, Chela may receive Morgoloth’s DEMON LEADERSHIP movement bonus.
    -Skull Demon: Valkrill Attack Aura
    As a figure that follows Valkrill with a range of 1, Chela may receive a Skull Demon’s VALKRILL ATTACK AURA attack bonus.
    Synergy Imposed
    -All figures but Demons: Miasma Cloud
    All figures but Demons that start their turn within 2 spaces of Chela have their move reduced by 2. All figures but Demons that are within 2 spaces of Chela have their attack and defense reduced by 1.
    -Shadow Slayers of Kresnik: Study of the Dark Arts
    As a Demon figure, Chela never receives, height, terrain, or special power bonuses when attacking or defending against a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik.
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:05 am

Hi!

Can we name this thread "W1 - Chela Released"? Just makes the searching for a figure easier. Thanks.

New and improved card . . .

Derek S

Post  Derek S on Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:21 am

Called it 1.5 but it is changed.
    Nomad

Post  Nomad on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:55 am

Chela has his own post on HS . . .

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2001458&postcount=133

Sponsored content