Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

+2
Admin
Lord Kai
6 posters

W2 Alpha Prime Enforcer - released

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W2 Alpha Prime Enforcer - released Empty W2 Alpha Prime Enforcer - released

Post  Lord Kai Mon May 27, 2013 2:51 pm

Unit Name: Alpha-Prime Enforcer 5.0    (03-31-2014 stats)

General: Utgar
    Planet: Isadora (since he has some humanoid characteristics, I think it would be fitting to have him come from the same planet as Warden 816 and Mistress).

Species: Soulborg
    Type: Common Hero
    Class: Guard
    Personality: Fearless
    Size: Medium 5

Stats
    Life: 1
    Move: 5
    Range: 1
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 5

Special Powers
    BODYGUARD DETAIL
    After revealing an order marker on a unique Guard squad, or unique Deathwalker or Warden hero you control that follows Utgar, after taking a turn with that unit, you may take a turn with two Alpha-Prime Enforcers you control.

POWER-AXE
    When an Alpha-Prime Enforcer attacks a figure that has a Special Attack, add 1 attack die.  An Alpha Prime Enforcer cannot have its Range modified.

--
    Nomad wrote:W2 Alpha Prime Enforcer - released AlphaPrimeEnforcerNWHC

Here is an updated card with the new language. If you don't see changes, try refreshing your browser.

I vote that the Enforcer be approved!

--
    ALPHA PRIME ENFORCERS

As the wars on Alpha Prime raged on, the Soulborgs continued to evolve from their simple Robota origins into more efficient machines of war. Seeking more ways to upgrade and improve, the Soulborgs expanded their own science but also forced captive Mariedians to develop other advances. One leap forward in technology was the creation of the massive living computers that were collections of different ‘souls.’ One such living computer, dubbed MSS-I-47 (for Master Series System 47 - Planet Isadora), was the most successful and feared.

As its primary task, MSS-I-47 was to manage and control captive Mariedians. It created a process for imprisoning, interrogating, and when appropriate, re-educating and re-programming them into useful tools for the new rulers of Alpha Prime.

Over hundreds of years of torture and cruelty, MSS-I-47 made several advances with its experiments. The Soulborg developed machines to hack into the minds of its captives, carving through their recent memories as well as deepest secrets. The subjects rarely survived the surgically invasive interrogations and so MSS-I-47 explored ways to “digitize” its victims and bring them into both a physical and virtual prison. Once in the cybernetic prison, the subject’s mind could be explored, the necessary information extracted, and then if they somehow survived, their body would be ejected from the system for re-programming or future interrogation if needed.

MSS-I-47 continued to grow in power and technomantic knowledge. In continuing experiments, it “re-programmed” the Mariedians from human bodied slaves into robotic soldiers. From those experiments rose a new class of Soulborg labeled the Alpha Prime Enforcers. Metal and cyber-machinery wrapped in synthetic flesh to appear humanoid, the Enforcers descended on Mariedian targets revealed during interrogation. The Enforcers wore the face of their former host, and then once their task was complete they were issued a silver mask to join the faceless ranks of MSS-I-47’s hunters and guardians.

After nearly a thousand year reign of terror, the civil war between the Soulborgs of Alpha Prime erupted on Isadora. The Omnicrons launched a surprise attack, arming Mariedians as a distraction from their primary mission – to steal the technology of MSS-I-47. With its Enforcers barely holding off the Omnicrons, the massive soulborg knew it was only a matter of time before it would fall to the enemy. It had grown to incredible size, nearly that of a building, but its only hope to escape was to inhabit the body of one of its Enforcers. Only a fraction of its power would remain but its main programming would survive. With the assistance of its guardians, MSS-I-47 transferred its Robota soul into a female Enforcer body, and after destroying her back-up data, slipped away from the battle.

MSS-I-47 found life outside of her massive form surprisingly invigorating. Her guardians now called her Mistress, as she was both their dominator and commander. She retreated to other hidden bases to continue to improve her now mobile form. She developed a portable digitizing weapon to encase her enemies in a cybernetic prison and if they survived they could be transferred to storage devices or prison cells later. The confines of the portable cyber-prison are not as strong, so there was a chance that a willful captive will escape, but Mistress Isadora’s Enforcers are often nearby to recover the escapee.

During the various conflicts between the Soulborgs of Alpha Prime, Mistress Isadora worked with several allies including Warden 816. The two fought side by side and the Mistress shared her guardsmen with the Warden’s forces. In exchange Warden 816 provided schematics and designs elements for his Evisceraxe so that the Enforcers’ weapons could be upgraded to their signature Power Axes.

She also learned how to transfer her programming (“soul”) into other Enforcers, though this required an elaborate procedure. It meant that if her current host was heavily damaged, that her guardians to revive her in a new body if necessary.

When seeking new soldiers and leaders for the Battle of All Time, Utgar could not resist pulling the Mistress and her Enforcers to Valhalla. She was more than willing to face off against the Omnicrons and Mariedians again, and she had many new species to dominate and experiment on once again.

==
    [quote="Derek S"]
    The Book of Alpha-Prime Enforcer

NWHC WAVE 2-

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered
    - Alpha-Prime Enforcer: Enforcement Patrol Bonding

Common Guard Heroes that follow Utgar may be activated with Alpha-Prime Enforcer’s ENFORCEMENT PATROL BONDING.  Common Guard Heroes that follow Utgar include: Drow Chain Fighter, Dumutef Guards, Alpha-Prime Enforcer.

Synergy Benefits Received
    - ZETTIAN INFANTRY : Utgar Soulborg Bonding

As a Soulborg hero who follows Utgar, an Alpha-Prime Enforcer may benefit from Zettian Infantry's UTGAR SOULBORG BONDING.
    - ZETTIAN INFANTRY : Circuitry Replacement
    As a Soulborg hero who follows Utgar, an Alpha-Prime Enforcer may benefit from Zettian Infantry's CIRCUITRY REPLACEMENT.
    -Deathcommander Mark 3: Marked For Destruction
    Being a Soulborg that follows Utgar, an Alpha-Prime Enforcer may utilize Deathcommander Mark 3’s MARKED FOR DESTRUCTION attack die re-roll power.
    -Torin: Evil Eye Protection
    As a Medium figure that follows Utgar, an Alpha-Prime Enforcer may benefit from Torin's Evil Eye Protection defensive ability.
    -Alpha Prime Enforcer: Bodyguard Detail
    After revealing an order marker on and taking a turn with a unique Guard squad, or unique Deathwalker or Warden hero you control that follows Utgar, 2 Alpha-Prime Enforcers may take a turn.  Unique Guard Squads that follow Utgar include: Zettian Guards.  Unique Deathwalker Heroes that follow Utgar  include: DeathWalker 7000, DeathWalker 8000, DeathWalker 9000.  Unique Warden Heroes that follow Utgar include: Warden 816, Mistress Isadora.

Synergy Imposed
    -

Last edited by Lord Kai on Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:25 pm; edited 15 times in total
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W2 Alpha Prime Enforcer - released Empty Re: W2 Alpha Prime Enforcer - released

Post  Lord Kai Mon May 27, 2013 2:51 pm

Nomad wrote:Enforcer: DC Heroclix PERSUADER Legacy Rookie #067. Miniature Market is sold out, Strike Zone has 8 for 50-60 cents each.

Great sculpt and nice concept.

These are some questions I had last year, and a few more:

This figure doesn’t look too much like a soulborg. It seems SOV has done a good job of beefing up Utgar's Soulborg faction. Would you consider something else?

What is the rationale for including a large wild squad in the first power? Do the Deathstalkers and Marrden Hounds need the bonding? The new Deathcommander kind of does that with the stalkers.

Would you entertain something like this? Instead of bonding with specific figures, allow any unique hero, instead of moving, to move two or three Enforcers 5 spaces (kind of like the Bodyguards from C3G).

What do you think if these were Common Heroes? Yes - the life would be dropped to one, but maybe we could bump the defense.

I don't know, but I could see this figure being a great filler to any army build. Just some ideas.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon May 27, 2013 3:02 pm

I chose the Persuader figure because it had the same silver mask that Isadora had. They reminded me of Warden 816 who also has a metal face mask but the Warden also where clothing (coat, gloves, etc). With a little paint on the flesh of the arms - I think we could more easily imagine the figs like androids in the Warden style.

The rationale for Large Wild bonding was the these Enforcers are like hunters and capture squads for Utgar. The Enforcers are immune to the Marrden plague and they provide a more intelligent leadership for the hounds and Deathstalkers to chase down prey. But a key factor of the Soulborg bonding is using Isadora and the Warden as a "team." You keep order markers on the Enforcers and it lets you take actions with Isadora or the Warden or even a larger Deathwalker. Obviously I wrote them up before Deathcommander's release - but I had the same goal - getting seldom used figures off the shelf Smile

Common Hero would be okay, but we'd need to buy more of them to round out the Isadora army.

But I'm guessing a redesign is in order because of the Deathcommander's release.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon May 27, 2013 4:19 pm

REVISED Proposal:

Unit Name: Alpha-Prime Enforcer 2.0

Size: Medium 4

Stats

Attack: 4

Defense: 3

Special Powers

SECURITY DETAIL
    After revealing an order marker on a unique Soulborg that follows Utgar, instead of moving that Soulborg you may move up to 3 Guard figures that you control up to 5 spaces. A guard figure moved by Security Detail will take any leaving engagements.

GUARD PATROL BONDING
    After revealing an order marker on this Enforcer, before taking a turn with this Enforcer you may first take a turn with one other Guard hero you control who follows Utgar.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon May 27, 2013 4:28 pm

SECURITY DETAIL
    After revealing an order marker on a unique Soulborg that follows Utgar, instead of moving that Soulborg you may move up to 3 Guard figures that you control up to 5 spaces. A guard figure moved by Security Detail will take any leaving engagements.

This power will allow Zettian Guards, Drow Chain Fighters and Dumetef Guards to move - as well as other Enforcers. The 5 move is a boost for the Zettians but a decrease for Drow. Balances out and if the Warden is in play that won't bump these guard movements either.

GUARD PATROL BONDING
    After revealing an order marker on this Enforcer, before taking a turn with this Enforcer you may first take a turn with one other Guard hero you control who follows Utgar.

Basically like Wyrmling bonding. This was the power that I had on my CUC-style Zettian Guards. It will let a mix of Enforcers and Dumetefs or Chain Fighters take actions. Not that you would necessarily have a mixed Enforcer and Dumetef army, but it gives some flexibility for a "guard build" around the Warden and perhaps Isadora.

Not sure if I like this 2.0 version yet.
    Nomad
    Nomad

W2 Alpha Prime Enforcer - released Empty Enforcer 2.0

Post  Nomad Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:41 pm

Hmm - interesting changes. Let me give it some thought, I'm not sure if I like it better or not either.
    Huskies16
    Huskies16

Post  Huskies16 Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:26 pm

I think he should have an extra defense die, whether it is just a regular defense of 4, or he gets an additional die when adjacent to a small or medium soulborg that follows utgar (warden and mistress) attack of 3 is good, but maybe only be able to bond with warden, mistress and deathstalkers, that way it keeps the deathwalkers out of it... i do like the security detail idea, so maybe you could be able to move more than one of them at a time, but they still need to bond
    Toogwick_tuk
    Toogwick_tuk

Post  Toogwick_tuk Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:00 am

Does the figure look like it would need repainting? The picture looks like he has a human skin tone. The axe looks really good though sort of like the gladiatrons.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:18 pm

It could use a repaint, if the flesh tones are too distracting to be a soulborg. He could be a flesh-job similar to those on Battlestar Galatica.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Damon wrote:He could be a flesh-job similar to those on Battlestar Galatica.
    Actually that is a nifty little idea that could be addressed in the bio, for these guys and Issadora- They were trying to make them replicas of human but couldn't master the detail of the face which would explain the metallic mask. (Although a little paint to the flesh would probably be my choice.)
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:56 am

Revised 12/25

Unit Name: Alpha-Prime Enforcer 3.0

Type: Uncommon Hero

Stats

Life: 3

Special Powers
    GUARD PATROL
    After revealing an order marker on this Enforcer, instead of taking a turn with this Enforcer, you may choose one of the following:

- Move 3 Guard figures up to 5 spaces
    - Take a turn with any 2 Guard heroes.
    - Take a turn with this Guard hero and 1 Unique Guard squad.

Only figures you control that follow Utgar may be chosen for Guard Patrol.

DRAGONSBANE POWERAXE
    When this Enforcer attacks a figure that has a Special Attack, add 1 to its Attack value.

--

With Guard Patrol 'bonding' - you can take a turn with 2 Enforcers or 1 Enforcer and the Zettian Guards or Zettian Infantry (c3v), or 1 Enforcer and these common heroes:  Drow Chainfighter, Dumetef Guard.  I think this gives some nice bonding flexibility to Utgar.

Option 1:  Movement
    With the "movement bonding" - you could move 3 guards (so Enforcers, Chainfighters, Dumetefs, or Zettians (guard or infantry)

Option 2:  Full Turn
    The 2 Guard heroes is similar to Wyrmling bonding.  It would allow a pair of Enforcers to take a turn or mix & match with Chainfighters, Dumetefs and Enforcers.

Option 3:  Guard + Squad
    The Zettian Infantry creates a double-bond ... Enforcer + Z. Infantry + unique Soulborg --  so I limited the full move/attack to Unique Guard squads (Zettian Guards).

Last edited by Lord Kai on Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:35 pm

I ran three playtests with the Alpha-Prime Enforcer 3.0.

Playtest 1 & 2:

# 4.
    Mistress Isadora ... 110
    Enforcer x 2 ... 200 (at 45 each)
    Zettian Guards ... 270
    Warden 816 ... 360
    Dumetef Guard x3 ... 435
    Chainfighter x3 .. 510
    = 510

This was a good playtest that stressed the strength of the "Guard Patrol" bonding power.  The Guard Patrol is great ... it lets you get two Dumetefs or two Chainfighters or two Enforcers (or combinations) into play.  The two attacks per OM really helps the Dumetef and Chainfighter be more viable.  It was also cool to see the Zettian Guards get into play with an Enforcer following behind.  With the Warden 816 giving the guards +1 Move - the Dumetef and Chainfighters were uber-fast (Move 7).

The Guard Patrol is pretty powerful .. and I found myself leaving the Enforcer(s) back in the start zone so that the common guard Heroes could do the work.  In Game 2 I needed the range to get through so I had to think about which OM to place on the specific Enforcer to bond with the Zettian Guards.

Playtest 3:
    Mistress Isadora ... 110
    Warden 816 ... 200
    Zettian Infantry x2 (c3v) ... 330
    Enforcer x 2 ... 420 (at 45 each)
    Dumetef Guard x2 ... 470
    Chainfighter x2 .. 520
    = 520

This build was designed to give Mistress Isadora and the Warden more OM options as well as attacks per OM with the Z. Infantry.  the Z. Guards were removed as were 1 Dumetef and 1 Chainfighter.  This army helped Isadora be more flexible, and it made OM management on the Enforcers easier .. as they basically sat back again and let the common heroes do the work.  This was until the Z. Infantry were mostly gone and then the Enforcers moved into the fight.

Overall, I would say that the Guard Patrol power was the best - but it really felt like a power that a Unique Hero should have.  For 90-points a Unique Hero with Guard Patrol is probably best, and less 'broken' than splitting this power up between two uncommon heroes.

The other direction would be a Common Hero, which would make OM management much easier.

I think Guard Patrol really does help get the Utgar Guards into the fray (and off the shelf).

Games were played on Blackroot:

http://www.heroscapers.com/downloads//blackroot1_RLh.jpg

Last edited by Lord Kai on Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:32 pm

I really like the Guard Patrol power to get the Dumetef, Chain-fighter, and Zettian Guards off the shelf. As you said, the power seems more fitting for a Unique Hero and that would be my preference.

Since he is a enforcer of guards and to potentially draw him out, what do you think about giving him a power to add 1 defense die to guards that follow Utgar that he is adjacent to? He would kind of enforce that the guards do their job and inspire them. Or, you could make it an auto shield against special attacks, or something. Just brainstorming. This might bump his points slightly.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:34 pm

FYI ... I ordered one of the Persuader heroclix for each of you, so you'll have the fig when we are done playtesting.

And I think a transition to Unique Hero is probably best.  I could just double the points to get the Enforcer to 90 points and keep the stats relatively the same.

GUARD PATROL
    After revealing an order marker on Kaelex the Enforcer, instead of taking a turn with Kaelex the Enforcer, you may choose one of the following:

- Move 3 Guard figures up to 5 spaces.
    - Take a turn with any 2 Guard heroes.
    - Take a turn with Kaelx the Enforcer and 1 Unique Guard squad.

Since he is a enforcer of guards and to potentially draw him out, what do you think about giving him a power to add 1 defense die to guards that follow Utgar

I could drop the PowerAxe in favor of a defense boost.  The current Utgar Guards are pretty buff ... Dumetef and Chainfighter at 4 Defense already, and Zettian Guards at 7.  The Defense boost would certainly help the Zettian Infantry since they start at 3.

If the boost was only to adjacent guards that would get him out of the start zone to keep up with the other Guard heroes and squaddies.

Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:11 pm

I really like the transition to unique hero. A little nervous about the 2 guard hero activation because of potential created guards. I like the defensive boost as well.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:54 pm

Derek S wrote:I really like the transition to unique hero.  A little nervous about the 2 guard hero activation because of potential created guards.  I like the defensive boost as well.

Good point about Guard Heroes. I can modify to make it common Guard Heroes before next playtest.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:09 pm

Thanks for the figure, Kai! Derek - I have one for you as well from Kai.

I ran a couple of play tests with this figure yesterday . . . here is my input for better or for worse.

Unit Name: Kaelx the Enforcer
    Planet: Isadora

Type: Unique Hero
    Medium 4

GUARD PATROL
    After revealing an order marker on this Army Card, instead of taking a turn with Kaelx the Enforcer, you may:

- Move 3 Guard figures 5 spaces each, or
    - Take a turn with any 2 Guard Heroes, or
    - Take a turn with Kaelx the Enforcer and 1 Unique Guard Squad that you control.

DRAGONSBANE POWERAXE
    When Kaelx the Enforcer attacks a figure that has a Special Attack, add 1 attack die.

Another idea for Guard Patrol, instead of
    - Take a turn with any 2 Guard Heroes, or

how about:
    - Take a turn with Kaelx and any 2 Guard Common Heroes, or (this might bump his points just a tad)
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:02 pm

Latest version of The Enforcer:

Unit Name: Kaelx the Enforcer
    Planet: Isadora

Type: Unique Hero
    Medium 4

GUARD PATROL
    After revealing an order marker on this Army Card, before taking a turn with Kaelx the Enforcer, you may:

- Take a turn with 2 Guard common heroes, or
    - Take a turn with a Unique Guard squad

DRAGONSBANE POWERAXE
    When Kaelx the Enforcer attacks a figure that has a Special Attack, add 1 attack die.

--

Changing Guard Patrol so that The Enforcer always gets to take a turn with two other figures (either 2 common heroes or the Zettian Guards). This means 3 activations per OM, which is about average. I dropped the Movement Bonding.

Bumped his points to 75.

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:05 pm

I liked the movement bonding with guards . . . he could help out the Infantry, Obsidians, Tomb Skeletons, and Nagrubs. When I play tested him, the movement bonding was a nice part of his strategy and it seemed to keep him guarded.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:41 pm

The movement option is appealing to keep, but it is definitely simpler to keep it "take a turn with". I am not sold either way. The list of guards Damon posted included Valkrill tomb skeletons and I don't think it would be bad to include Valkrill to the mix. If Kaelx is commanding the guards I could see a different class than Guard for his card, something that expresses his authority maybe.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:49 pm

Like Warden?
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:08 am

I was kicking around the idea of making the "Persuader" Heroclix figure into a Common Guard Hero for Utgar, with some basic powers. I'd then find a new sculpt to be the Guard Commander figure with the powers here. This way - we get an inexpensive new Guard Common Hero (about $1/figure) so that the Commander can bond with the Persuader, Chainfighter and/or Dumetef.

I'll have to work on stats/powers for this option.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:20 pm

I am considering going back to the original concept of The Enforcer being back-up for Mistress Isadora.  I think it makes sense to field him as a Common Hero.

Unit Name: Alpha-Prime Enforcer 4.0

Stats

Special Powers
    BODYGUARD DETAIL
    After revealing an order marker on a unique Soulborg that follows Utgar, after taking a turn with that Soulborg, you may take a turn with two Alpha-Prime Enforcers you control.  

ENFORCEMENT PATROL BONDING
    After revealing an order marker on an Alpha-Prime Enforcer, before of taking a turn with one Alpha-Prime Enforcer, you may take a turn with 2 other common Guard heroes you control that follow Utgar.  Guard heroes taking a turn with Enforcement Patrol Bonding add 1 attack dice when attacking an opponent's figure that is engaged with a Soulborg you control.

--
    Army Builds:

Isadora's Enforcers:
    Mistress Isadora ... 110
    Alpha-Prime Enforcers x4 .. 220
    Dumetef Guard x3 .. 285
    Chainfighter x3 .. 360
    Deathwalker 9K ... 500
    = 500 points

Commander's Guards:
    Deathcommander ... 130
    Alpha-Prime Enforcers x3 .. 205
    Chainfighter x3 .. 280
    Deathstalkers x2 .. 480
    Marcu Esenwein .. 500
    = 500 points
    {might be a bonding loop with the Enforcers taking a turn after Deathcommander if D'Commander is engaged - since Deathstalkers can bond}

Commander's Guards:
    Deathcommander ... 130
    Alpha-Prime Enforcers x4 .. 230
    Chainfighter x3 .. 305
    Zettian Infantry x3 .. 500
    = 500 points
    {using Zettian Infantry for OM management/protection of Deathcommander}

Last edited by Lord Kai on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:29 am

Soulborg Cellmates:
    Deathcommander ... 130
    Alpha-Prime Enforcers x4 .. 230
    Chainfighter x3 .. 305
    Dumetef Guard x3 .. 380
    Mistress Isadora .. 490
    Isamu .. 500
    = 500 points

I ran two playtests with the above army against the Guardians of Davion. They were interesting games with the Soulborgs going 2-0. Mistress Isadora was the MVP - capturing one of the Unique Heroes for Davion in each game (which basically ended it). The Deathcommander couldn't seem to roll more than 1 skull on this missile attacks and then in each game he fell to a 3/3 skull attack on even ground to continue the curse of the Deathwalkers : P

The Chainfighters were awesome again .. getting to go with 2 of them in one OM is fantastic. I like how the bonding works with the new Enforcer .. you are always getting 3 activations (1 hero + 2 enforcers, or 2 guards + 1 enforcer). I think this is strong but not overly powerful (if it was Zettian Infantry you would have 1 hero + 3 squad activations).

Mistress Isadora was pretty powerful. She snagged the main Davion Hero (Michael - who is on par with Kaemon Awa) on OM1. She "interrogated" him for the next two OM's (inflicting 2 wounds). At the end of the round, she rolled a skull to keep him trapped there - basically ending the game. I might consider bumping her Cyberprison to 17 which is about a 20% capture on a Unique Hero) and boosting her normal attack to 3.

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:40 pm

So reading up on Deathcommander Mark 3 .. there is a bonding loop.

The Deathcommander (DC3) could reveal an OM and take a turn. If he is engaged, he could immediately take a turn with a Unique Soulborg like Mistress Isadora. The Alpha-Prime Enforcers allow you to take a turn with 2 Enforcers if you revealed an OM and took a turn with a Unique Soulborg. Hard to say on the timing - but the best interpretation for Utgar would be: Deathcommander (engaged) + Isadora (immediately) + 2 Enforcers.

I'll have to work on the revising since Deathcommander is pretty awesome for Utgar Soulborgs - and I don't want a Bonding loop Sad

I ran a playtest with 4 activations (Deathcommander + Isadora + 2 Enforcers). The Utgarians ended up losing but it was really awesome to take a turn with DC3 + Isadora. I could send out 2 attacks from DC3 then 1 Cyberprison + 1 attack and then 2 Enforcer attacks. 6 attacks for 1 OM is nice - but it requires DC3 to be engaged. In this playtest Mistress Isadora fell without earning her points (she Cyberprisoned just one Davion Guardian and destroyed another with a normal attack).

Anyway - some wording needs to be updated to take DC3 into consideration but otherwise the Enforcers as common heroes are playing well. In a 600-point game, it would be hard say whether Warden 816 or 4 more guard heroes would be better : )

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:59 pm