Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

W1 Shadow Slayers of Kresnik- RELEASED

Poll

considering some changes, Click on the wants you want

[ 4 ]
    W1 Shadow Slayers of Kresnik- RELEASED - Page 5 Bar_left100%W1 Shadow Slayers of Kresnik- RELEASED - Page 5 Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    W1 Shadow Slayers of Kresnik- RELEASED - Page 5 Bar_left0%W1 Shadow Slayers of Kresnik- RELEASED - Page 5 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Derek S
    Derek S

W1 Shadow Slayers of Kresnik- RELEASED - Page 5 Empty Re: W1 Shadow Slayers of Kresnik- RELEASED

Post  Derek S Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:35 am

Sounds good, OP being updated.
    Nomad
    Nomad

W1 Shadow Slayers of Kresnik- RELEASED - Page 5 Empty Re: W1 Shadow Slayers of Kresnik- RELEASED

Post  Nomad Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:01 pm

Can we change the name of the thread to "Shadow Slayers of Kresnik - Final Editing"?

Now that we have dozens of threads, this would be easier to find . . .
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:21 pm

OP updated with Bio. Let me know what you all think, if Konrad Von Bramgur will work for the name of their hero, taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konrad_von_Marburg.

Here is a copy for easy reference.
    Bio:
    Deep in the basement in the back corner of the Royal Library, a group of young Kresnik watch as the strange elder, Konrad von Bramgur, tilts the book "Morindan Contaminated" to a 45% degree angle and pushes down. The shelf twists 25 degrees exposing a narrow passage of stairs leading even further down. Konrad urges the hand selected recruits to follow him down.
    When they reach the bottom of the stairs a large room is occupied by a group that Konrad calls the Shadow Slayers, "a group of the best hunters from Kresnik". "But to become a Shadow Slayer it takes more than being a good hunter" Konrad explains, "it takes a belief that the evil monsters they encounter in the forests of Morindan can only be cured in the afterlife, thus the evil must be destroyed in this life, and this is why I have chosen you."
    Konrad shows them books that only the Shadow Slayers know exist. Books that delve into the darkness of the enemies they face. "The Shadow Slayers must know every aspect of the darkness they face to truly defeat them. But beware", Konrad warns, "for every verse read the reader is changed, becoming more and more like our adversaries, and if your heart is not pure, there is chance of becoming pure demon yourself."
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:20 am

Derek S wrote:OP updated with Bio.  Let me know what you all think, if Konrad Von Bramgur will work for the name of their hero, taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konrad_von_Marburg.
    Wow, the historical Konrad was pretty rough!

Konrad, after receiving a commission from the Archbishop of Mainz,[2] also set to work seeking out heresy in both Thuringia and Hesse, and quickly gained a reputation for being unreasonable and unjust. According to most accounts, Konrad accepted almost any accusation as true, and regarded suspects as guilty until proven innocent. Those accused of being heretics were quickly sought out by Konrad's mobs, and told to repent or else be burnt at the stake.

You're Bio for the Heroscape Konrad is very nice, btw.  It adds a ton of flavor and background to the Shadow Slayers!
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:23 pm

OP wrote:DUAL WEAPONS
    If a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik attacks an adjacent figure with his first attack, add 1 attack die. If a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik's first attack was against an adjacent figure, he may attack 1 additional time.

FEARLESS OF EVIL
    A Demon or Undead figure never receives height, terrain, or special power dice bonuses when attacking or defending against a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik.

MASTERY OF THE DARK ARTS
    A Shadow Slayer of Kresnik may never have his defense, attack, or move reduced by an opponent's Demon or Undead Army Card. When a Demon or Undead rolls the 20-sided die for a special power against a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik you control, you may subtract 2 from the die roll.
    Dual Weapons wording needs to be addressed. I think it could be interpreted to mean that the 2nd attack would get +1 as well, and the 2nd part could be cleaned up. How about

DUAL WEAPONS
    If a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik attacks an adjacent figure, add 1 attack die to his first attack. If a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik attacks an adjacent figure with his first attack, he may attack 1 additional time.

Fearless of Evil is alright but I wouldn't mind some other options.

Evil Studies
    Fearless
    Hunters of Evil
    Demonic Hunters
    Demonic Studies
    Demonic Understanding
    Evil Ambush
    Demonic Ambush
    I don't know
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:17 am

Nice work on the bio!

Konrad Von Bramgur is a good name . . . I'll play around with it a bit.

Regarding the power names, in my honest opinion, I prefer the initial offering of

Study of the Dark Arts

and

Mastery of the Dark Arts

Yes, they are very similar, but so are the powers. Mastery is achieved after thorough and complete study. I vote that we go back to those names. I thought they were very thematic. I actually preferred that they were similar sounding. Just my 12 cents (which is a dime more than 2 cents).
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:18 pm

I think I agree here, OP changed. The hero guy will only have Konrad on his card I'm thinking- but would love to see what you come up with.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:07 am

If no one sees issues with the OP I am happy to consider these guys finalized.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:37 am

All looks good to me. I'll get to the card next week.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:48 am

The Study/Mastery of the Dark Arts 'power name' is sort of close for my tastes but it will certainly work for the Heroscaper community.

But Yeah they look good. Approved!
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:53 pm

Damon wrote:All looks good to me. I'll get to the card next week.

Hah! That was dated from 11/9. I'm so sorry. I will let you see what I've done so far this weekend with the hope of getting them released by the new year.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:23 pm

W1 Shadow Slayers of Kresnik- RELEASED - Page 5 ShadowSlayersofKresnikNWHC

W1 Shadow Slayers of Kresnik- RELEASED - Page 5 ShadowSlayersofKresnikBasicNWHC

Feedback appreciated. I think I need to rework the fogging on the basic side.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:52 pm

Wow, both sides look pretty awesome!!!

The lead Hunter's right foot is a little transparent ... but might not be noticeable regular size/printed.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:20 pm

Yes, the fogging didn't turn out right on the back side. I will redo it when I get a chance.

Nice avatar. Is that Loki?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:21 pm

Much better . . .

W1 Shadow Slayers of Kresnik- RELEASED - Page 5 ShadowSlayersofKresnikBasic2NWHC
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:47 pm

Basic side looks great with the Fog! Nicely done, sir.

Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:24 am

Looks pretty good sir. Thank you.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:48 pm

Released on 12/31 and posted on Heroscapers. Happy Birthday, Derek!
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:29 pm

The Book of Shadow Slayers of Kresnik

NWHC Wave 1 – The Faithful and the Fallen –Harpies and Hunter

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

Synergy Benefits Received
    -Shadow Slayers of Kresnik: Mastery of the Dark Arts

A Shadow Slayer of Kresnik may never have his attack, defense, or move values reduced by a Demon or Undead figures army card.  Demon figures with powers on their army card that do not affect a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik include: Chela’s MIASMA CLOUD, Mezzodemon Warmongers POISON CLOUD, Skull Demon’s FRIGHTENING PRESENCE.  Undead figures with powers on their army card that do not affect a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik include: Deathknights of Valkrill’s SOUL WEAPONS, Retchet’s of Bogdan’s LETHAL STING, Tomb Skeleton’s FLANKING, Zombie Hulk’s PARALYZING FEAR,
    -Sylvan Animae: Hunter Movement Enhancement
    As Hunters, the Shadow Slayers of Kresnik may benefit from the Sylvan Animae HUNTER MOVEMENT ENHANCEMENT movement bonus.

Synergy Imposed
    -Demon or Undead Figures: Study of the Dark Arts

A Demon or Undead figure never receives height, terrain, or special power bonuses when attacking or defending against a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik.  Demon figures include: Mezzodemon Warmongers, Morgoloth, Skull Demon, Uvall, BloodHunter Harpies, Chela.  Undead Figures include: Cyprien Eisenwein, Deathknights of Valkrill, Deathstrike Thrall, Iskra Eisenwein, Marcu Eisenwein, Nicholas Eisenwein, Phantom Knights, Preyblood Thrall, Retchets of Bogdan, Shades of Bleakwoode, Skeletons of Annellintia, Sonya Eisenwein, Sudema, Tomb Skeletons, Zombie Hulk, Zombies of Morindan.
    Figures with attack or defense aura’s may be affected if the aura is benefitting a Demon or Undead Figure attacking or Defending against a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik.
    When a Demon or Undead figure rolls the 20-sided dice against a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik the roll may be reduced by 2.  Demon figures with a 20-sided roll that could affect a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik Include: BloodHunter Harpies’ BLOOD FRENZY 14.
    Undead figures with a 20-sided roll that could affect a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik Include: Cyprien Eisenwein’s CHILLING TOUCH, Sudema’s STARE OF STONE.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:59 pm

Wow - this one probably took you some time!

I went through everything and double checked . . . and didn't see anything amiss.

Well done.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:10 pm

I improved the image quality on the card (lightened the background and increased contrast on the figures). I have reloaded the PDF download on Heroscapers.

I will be reprinting my card.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:59 am

Akumaken: Mask of Terror
    Being a squad figure with the Fearless personality, the Shadow Slayers of Kresnik are not affected by Akumakens Mask of Terror.

Books updated here with the above under synergy imposed. Needs to be updated on Heroscapers. I did not notice any other effects Akumaken had on our books.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:33 pm

I totally redid this card from scratch because the first one was pathetically poor.

W1 Shadow Slayers of Kresnik- RELEASED - Page 5 ShadowSlayersR.NWHC

W1 Shadow Slayers of Kresnik- RELEASED - Page 5 ShadowSlayers.BasicR.NWHC
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:29 pm

book updated

The Book of Shadow Slayers of Kresnik

NWHC Wave 1 – The Faithful and the Fallen –Harpies and Hunter

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

Synergy Benefits Received

A Shadow Slayer of Kresnik may never have his attack, defense, or move values reduced by a Demon or Undead figures army card. Demon figures with powers on their army card that do not affect a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik include: Chela’s MIASMA CLOUD, Mezzodemon Warmongers POISON CLOUD, Skull Demon’s FRIGHTENING PRESENCE. Undead figures with powers on their army card that do not affect a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik include: Deathknights of Valkrill’s SOUL WEAPONS, Retchet’s of Bogdan’s LETHAL STING, Tomb Skeleton’s FLANKING, Zombie Hulk’s PARALYZING FEAR,
    -Sylvan Animae: Hunter Movement Enhancement
    As Hunters, the Shadow Slayers of Kresnik may benefit from the Sylvan Animae HUNTER MOVEMENT ENHANCEMENT movement bonus.
    Doggin Trackers: Tracker Ambush
    -Being a Hunter, a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik may benefit from the Doggin Tracker TRACKER AMBUSH attack bonus.

Synergy Imposed
    -Demon or Undead Figures: Study of the Dark Arts

A Demon or Undead figure never receives height, terrain, or special power bonuses when attacking or defending against a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik. Demon figures include: Mezzodemon Warmongers, Morgoloth, Skull Demon, Uvall, BloodHunter Harpies, Chela, Gald'rabok. Undead Figures include: Cyprien Eisenwein, Deathknights of Valkrill, Deathstrike Thrall, Iskra Eisenwein, Marcu Eisenwein, Nicholas Eisenwein, Phantom Knights, Preyblood Thrall, Retchets of Bogdan, Shades of Bleakwoode, Skeletons of Annellintia, Sonya Eisenwein, Sudema, Tomb Skeletons, Zombie Hulk, Zombies of Morindan, Bloodburst Thrall, Crypt Guardian.
    Figures with attack or defense aura’s may be affected if the aura is benefitting a Demon or Undead Figure attacking or Defending against a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik.
    When a Demon or Undead figure rolls the 20-sided dice against a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik the roll may be reduced by 2. Demon figures with a 20-sided roll that could affect a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik Include: BloodHunter Harpies’ BLOOD FRENZY 14.
    Undead figures with a 20-sided roll that could affect a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik Include: Cyprien Eisenwein’s CHILLING TOUCH, Sudema’s STARE OF STONE, Bloodburst Thrall's RUPTURE, .
    Akumaken: Mask of Terror
    Being a squad figure with the Fearless personality, the Shadow Slayers of Kresnik are not affected by Akumakens Mask of Terror.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:54 am

See OP for most updated books.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 pm