Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

W2 Tecer - released

Nomad
    Nomad

W2 Tecer - released - Page 2 Empty Re: W2 Tecer - released

Post  Nomad Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:49 pm

I can move it up on the card, but a pic can't be rotated when looking from the top - only from a straight on view (pics are only 2-dimensional). I'll shoot some new ones to try to capture what you mean.

Somehow we need to identify who becomes the defending figure. Although they aren't really defending. I'm not sure the following works, but I'll give it a shot . . .

Bull Rush

If Tecer starts his movement unengaged, you may use Bull Rush. To use Bull Rush, move Tecer in a straight line. If Tecer ends his movement engaged you may choose a figure that Tecer is engaged with and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher the chosen figure receives a wound. You may add 1 to your die roll for each space between the chosen figure and Tecer's original placement. If the chosen figure is small or medium and receives a wound but is not destroyed you may place that figure on any empty space within 2 clear sight spaces of Tecer. That space must be on the same level or lower than its current location. A figure moved by Bull Rush never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved lower by Bull Rush can receive any falling damage that may apply. If Tecer atttempts to use Bull Rush this turn, reduce his attack by 1.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:51 pm

Bull Rush

If Tecer starts his movement unengaged, you may use Bull Rush. To use Bull Rush, move Tecer in a straight line. If Tecer ends his movement engaged you may choose a figure that Tecer is engaged with and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher the chosen figure receives a wound. You may add 1 to your die roll for each space between the chosen figure and Tecer's original placement. If the chosen figure is small or medium and receives a wound but is not destroyed you may place that figure on any empty space within 2 clear sight spaces of Tecer. That space must be on the same level or lower than its current location. A figure moved by Bull Rush never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved lower by Bull Rush can receive any falling damage that may apply. If Tecer atttempts to use Bull Rush this turn, reduce his attack by 1.

Interesting, it brings in question the Gore power.

Gore

If a Minotaur of Nullondia starts his movement unengaged, you may use Gore. To use Gore, move a Minotaur of Nullondia in a straight line. If that Minotaur of Nullondia ends it's movement engaged or next to a destructible object you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher the defending figure or destructible object receives 1 wound. You may add one to your die roll for each space between the defending figure and that Minotaur of Nullondia's original placement. If a Minotaur of Nullondia fails to inflict 1 wound with Gore, he may not attack this turn.

How about;

BULL RUSH

If Tecer starts his movement unengaged, you may use Bull Rush. To use Bull Rush, move Tecer in a straight line. If Tecer ends it's movement engaged or next to a destructible object you may choose a figure or destructible object and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher the chosen figure or destructible object receives 1 wound. You may add one to your die roll for each space between the chosen figure or destructible object and Tecer's original placement. If the chosen figure is small or medium and receives a wound you may place that figure on any empty space within 2 clear sight spaces of Tecer. That space must be on the same level or lower than its current location. A figure moved by Bull Rush never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved lower by Bull Rush can receive any falling damage that may apply. If Tecer atttempts to use Bull Rush this turn, reduce his attack by 1.[/quote]

I think the part about being not being destroyed to place is common sense and not really needed. Not sure this is any better.
    Yeah, I know the pictures can't be rotated, didn't know if you had any taken that were rotated a bit. Not sure it really matters, it is awesome as is. Thank you.

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:16 pm

I didn't think about the GORE power on the common squad. We can go back and reword them if we want. I don't think it really matters one way or another but it might be good to keep them consistent with each other.

I like the additional of the destructible object.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:38 pm

BULL RUSH

If Tecer starts his movement unengaged, you may use Bull Rush. To use Bull Rush, move Tecer in a straight line. If Tecer ends it's movement engaged or next to a destructible object. Choose a figure or destructible object and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher the chosen figure or destructible object receives 1 wound. You may add one to your die roll for each space between the chosen figure or destructible object and Tecer's original placement. If the chosen figure is small or medium and receives a wound you may place that figure on any empty space within 2 clear sight spaces of Tecer. That space must be on the same level or lower than its current location. A figure moved by Bull Rush never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved lower by Bull Rush can receive any falling damage that may apply. If Tecer atttempts to use Bull Rush this turn, reduce his attack by 1.

how about
    BULL RUSH
    If Tecer starts his movement unengaged, you may use Bull Rush.  To use Bull Rush, move Tecer in a straight.  Choose a figure or destructible object Tecer ends his movement engaged with and roll the 20-sided die.  If you roll a 14 or higher the chosen figure or destructible object receives 1 wound.  You may add 1 to your die roll for each space between the chosen figure or destructible object and Tecer's original placement.  If the chosen figure is small or medium and receives a wound you may place that figure on any empty space within 2 clear sight spaces of Tecer.  That space must be on the same level or lower than its current height.  A figure moved by Bull Rush never takes leaving engagement attacks.  A non-flying figure moved lower by Bull Rush can receive any falling damage that may apply.  If Tecer attempts to use Bull Rush this turn, reduce his attack by 1.

Choose a figure or destructible object Tecer ends his movement engaged with and roll the 20-sided die

could be

Choose and adjacent figure or destructible object and roll the 20-sided die.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:14 pm

I'm not sure Tecer could get his horns on a figure that has a height of 5 while Tecer is 5 levels lower or higher than the figure. Those would be considered adjacent and not engaged. I think engaged works fine . . . unless I'm missing something.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:32 pm

no you're not, I forget the adjacent part and height difference. How does rest of the wording sound?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:08 am

I looked at Adjacent in the glossary: Figures are adjacent when they occupy spaces that are next to each other, unless one figure's base is on a level equal to or higher than the height of the other figure. etc.  So maybe adjacent does work? After a quick glance, Shades of Bleakwook, Manauvi, Hoplitron, Earth, Fire, and Ice elemental all refer to adjacent figures.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:52 pm

Oh my goodness. We've been playing the adjacent v. engaged wrong all of these years. I'm embarrassed, but I swear I read it somewhere. OK, adjacent works. A figure with height of 5 next to another figure on terrain 5 high are not adjacent, nor engaged. The only difference between the two is that engaged only means that the figures are enemies. Wow.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:18 pm

We should consider wording with adjacent/engagement discovery and would like to try this guy with the arrow gruts before moving to final editing.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:41 pm

He could be fun with the Arrow Gruts, but I don't envision any deal breakers.

Can you send me a high-quality pic of Tecer for the card?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:24 am

This is where Tecer is at for final editing

Planet- Feylund
    General- Utgar
    Name Tecer
    Minotaur
    Unique Hero
    Beast
    Ferocious
    Large
    Life 4
    Move 5
    Range 1
    Attack 4
    Defense 4
    Points 110

BULL RUSH
    If Tecer starts his movement unengaged, you may use Bull Rush.  To use Bull Rush, move Tecer in a straight.  You may choose a figure or destructible object Tecer ends his movement engaged with and roll the 20-sided die.  If you roll a 14 or higher the chosen figure or destructible object receives 1 wound.  You may add 1 to your die roll for each space between the chosen figure or destructible object and Tecer's original placement.  If the chosen figure is small or medium and receives a wound you may place that figure on any empty space within 2 clear sight spaces of Tecer.  That space must be on the same level or lower than its current height.  A figure moved by Bull Rush never takes leaving engagement attacks.  A non-flying figure moved lower by Bull Rush can receive any falling damage that may apply.  If Tecer attempts Bull Rush this turn, reduce his attack by 1.

Double Attack
    When Tecer attacks, he may attack one additional time.

I don't see any issues here with stats or language.

The Book of Tecer

NWHC WAVE 2-

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered
    -

Synergy Benefits Received
    -Minotaurs of Nullondia: Minotaur Hero bonding

Being a Minotaur Hero, Tecer may benefit from MINOTAUR HERO BONDING activation bonus.
    -Ornak : Red Flag of Fury Aura
    As a Unique Hero that follows Utgar, Tecer may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.
    -Arrow Gruts: Beast Bonding
    As a Beast, Tecer may benefit from Arrow Gruts’ BEAST BONDING activation bonus.

Synergy Imposed
    -

Last edited by Derek S on Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:31 am; edited 2 times in total
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:39 am

How about this subtle change:

If Tecer attempts Bull Rush, reduce his attack value by 1 this turn.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:56 am

How about this subtle change:

If Tecer attempts Bull Rush, reduce his attack by 1 this turn.

Great idea, it's already there! Adding the synergies section to the previous post.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:38 pm

Bio- Nostrils flaring, eyes focused, Tecer charges the enemy, tossing one aside, hacking down another, and then another, clearing a path for his  brethren to get to their enemies leader, and securing the Minotaurs another victorious battle.

Last edited by Derek S on Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Derek wrote:Wielding dual weapons, Tecer rushes the enemy in the front lines, tossing an enemy aside, hacking down another, and then another, clearing a path for his brethren to get to their enemies leader, and securing the Minotaurs another victorious battle.

Bio?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:52 am

Derek wrote:Wielding dual weapons, Tecer rushes the enemy in the front lines, tossing an enemy aside, hacking down another, and then another, clearing a path for his brethren to get to their enemies leader, and securing the Minotaurs another victorious battle.

Bio?

yes, I threw out the rough drafts of all the figures I have slated for Wave 2 yesterday.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:45 pm

Yep - I kind of figured it was his bio after reading another thread or two. Initially, I thought it was a playtest report because it was so descriptive of what he does. Nice start on the bio.

I think Kai's suggestion was in regards to the wording of the power that was already there, which also sounds better to me.

My thoughts for the final editing phase are in red:

Figure- Reaper, Legendary Encounters, Minotaur of the Maze.

Name- Tecer
    General- Utgar
    Planet- Feylund

Species- Minotaur
    Type- Unique Hero
    Class- Beast
    Personality- Ferocious
    Size- Large 5

Life 4
    Move 5
    Range 1
    Attack 4
    Defense 4
    Points 110

BULL RUSH
    If Tecer starts his movement unengaged, you may use Bull Rush. To use Bull Rush, move Tecer in a straight. You may choose a figure or destructible object that Tecer ends his movement engaged with.and Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher the chosen figure or destructible object receives 1 wound. You may add 1 to your die roll for each space between the chosen figure or destructible object and Tecer's original placement. If the chosen figure is small or medium and receives a wound you may place that figure on any empty space within 2 clear sight spaces of Tecer. That space must be on the same level or lower than its current height. A figure moved by Bull Rush never takes does not take any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved lower by Bull Rush can receive any falling damage that may apply. If Tecer attempts Bull Rush this turn, reduce his attack by 1 this turn.

DOUBLE ATTACK

OR, in plain text:

Name- Tecer
    General- Utgar
    Planet- Feylund

Species- Minotaur
    Type- Unique Hero
    Class- Beast
    Personality- Ferocious
    Size- Large 5

Life 4
    Move 5
    Range 1
    Attack 4
    Defense 4
    Points 110

BULL RUSH
    If Tecer starts his movement unengaged, you may use Bull Rush. To use Bull Rush, move Tecer in a straight. You may choose a figure or destructible object that Tecer ends his movement engaged with. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher the chosen figure or destructible object receives 1 wound. You may add 1 to your die roll for each space between the chosen figure or destructible object and Tecer's original placement. If the chosen figure is small or medium and receives a wound you may place that figure on any empty space within 2 clear sight spaces of Tecer. That space must be on the same level or lower than its current height. A figure moved by Bull Rush does not take any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved lower by Bull Rush can receive any falling damage that may apply. If Tecer attempts Bull Rush, reduce his attack by 1 this turn.

DOUBLE ATTACK
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:49 am

If Tecer starts his movement unengaged, you may use Bull Rush. To use Bull Rush, move Tecer in a straight line.

should have line after straight. The "never takes" to "does not take any" leaving engagements I will double check. I thought never takes was taken from a card with a similar power. Every thing else looks good. I will update the OP after checking on the "never takes" part tomorrow. Thanks.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:52 pm

ha, I didn't even catch the "line" being missing.

"Never takes" comes from the disengage and phantom walk powers and Shurrak's knockback power.

"Does not take" comes from Jotun's throw and the stealth flying power.

Either way is good, just depends on which you prefer.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:56 pm

OP updated with changes and bio. Thank you Kai and Damon. Hopefully I didn't miss any suggestions here.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:38 pm

W2 Tecer - released - Page 2 TecerNWHC

I guess I haven't made any updates on Tecer's card since January.

Let me know what you think.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:07 pm

Still says Large ?, and the wording doesn't reflect OP language which I think is on line with your most recent suggestions.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:33 pm

Interesting. My view has it all changed. Try refreshing your browser.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:10 pm

Looks good to me. Thanks Damon. If it passes both of your inspections I'll move him to ready for release.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Approved!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:49 am