Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

+2
Toogwick_tuk
Lord Kai
6 posters

W3 Wardens of the Wood - released

Nomad
    Nomad

W3 Wardens of the Wood - released - Page 2 Empty Re: W3 Wardens of the Wood - released

Post  Nomad Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:24 pm

I'm going to do a repaint of Sharwin in a couple of weeks - stop me if there any objections. I will post a pic when I'm done.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W3 Wardens of the Wood - released - Page 2 Empty Re: W3 Wardens of the Wood - released

Post  Lord Kai Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:45 am

There is a new Druid coming out from D&D that we might be able to use:

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/catalog/product/view/id/41618/s/ddtod-016/
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Does look like a good fit. I will hold of on painting Sharwin for the time being.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:43 am

the 3rd druid is now available at MM.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:10 pm

Nomad wrote:the 3rd druid is now available at MM.

Sweet!!!  I will make an order for each of us.

I ordered a few other things to see what they are like, as well as a Pegasus for Krista-Rose : P

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/catalog/product/view/id/41630/s/ddtod-028/
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:47 pm

OP updated in correct format with figure information.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Thanks, Kai.

If you haven't ordered the druid yet, let us do that for you. Derek and I are putting in an order on Friday. Is there anything you need?
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:14 pm

Nomad wrote:Thanks, Kai.

If you haven't ordered the druid yet, let us do that for you. Derek and I are putting in an order on Friday. Is there anything you need?

Ha! Already ordered : )

I will remember to combine next time. I ordered some other stuff to get to $100 ... Yay! Bonus!

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:46 pm

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT: Wardens of the Wood

THEME TEST: Are there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that do not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character should be able to do? Also consider whether or not this character's powers should affect destructible objects. PASS.

FUN TEST: Was the unit fun to play? PASS. Alyssa was able to Portal them into defensive positions. Interesting tactics by Derek.

FUN OPPOSITION TEST: Was the unit acceptable to play against? Could it be considered annoying? PASS.

USAGE TEST: Were all of the powers on this card used, or at least usable? PASS. The poor Wardens were able to provide some defense bonuses, but got chomped/destroyed before they could get an attack off.

STRATEGY TEST: Does the unit offer any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game? PASS. But not in this battle.

BONDING TEST: Compare the unit card with all currently existing Bonding abilities. Are there any Bonding loops that do not stop appropriately? PASS.

SYNERGIES TEST: Think of all the current cards that would have synergy with the unit card. Are there any factors that could break the game by making a unit too powerful or too weak? PASS.

POWER CHECK: When considering the test unit against all existing units (including released C3V and SoV units) and all glyphs, are there any powers that could be overamplified and break the game? PASS.

DRAFTING TEST: Is this unit worth drafting? PASS. Excellent design and complement to Ullar.

MIRROR TEST: Consider the test unit against itself. Are there any loops that would upset the balance of the Game? PASS.

ARMY TEST 1

Did the unit perform adequately? What should be the unit's point value? Give a brief summary. [insert pass/fail, point value, and brief summary] PASS. I would keep it all as is – this was just a route with the dice.

Map: Bridging the Fields of Fire

Army 1 (Derek): Alyssa Davion, Michael Davion, Guardians of Davion, Wardens of the Wood = 600 points.
    VS
    Army 2 (Damon): Heavy Gruts x3, Nerak The Glacian Swog Rider, Tornak, Grimnak
    Skerak = 590 points.

Battle Report: Derek rolled the dice fairly well – Damon was on fire consistently rolling 75% or higher skulls when attacking and at least 50% shields when defending. Grimnak chomped Michael Davion with a 19 in round 2. Skerak was tough. Nerak and Tornak didn’t move. Derek was able to take out a squad of Heavies and put three wounds on Grimnak, but that was all. Damon had 448 points left. The Wardens moved a couple of times to provide defense and were summoned in by Alyssa a couple of times, but they could do nothing against the chomps and numerous Grut attacks.

Final thoughts: The Wardens continue to be good to go in our opinion. They just suffered in this battle to the dice and the fact that they weren’t going to get many OMs. I am tempted to say that they should be dropped to 100 points, but I will refrain after reminding myself that this battle was a joke with how well I rolled the dice.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:06 am

Very interesting to try the Wardens with Alyssa and the Guardians. I think the Davion's are too mobile to keep close to the Wardens for the defense bonus but it is a cool idea.

Thanks for the play-tests. I'm on business travel this week but maybe I can sneak in some play-tests this long holiday weekend. Focus on Wave 3 sounds good.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:11 pm

Kai - did you get the third figure yet?

I would love to get my hands on one so that I could take some pics to finish up the card.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:21 pm

Nomad wrote:Kai - did you get the third figure yet?

I would love to get my hands on one so that I could take some pics to finish up the card.

He should be here at the end of the week. I had some other pre-order stuff so it took forever ... I did buy one for each of us.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:42 pm

My attempt at the card below . . . based on the OP dated August 19.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

W3 Wardens of the Wood - released - Page 2 WardensOfTheWoodNWHC

W3 Wardens of the Wood - released - Page 2 WardensOfTheWoodBasicNWHC
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:39 pm

Card looks nice and error free.  Shoot, I wish I would have seen there was a 3rd figure chosen before the last order I did, I thought I'd finally rounded up all of the wave 3 characters. I think these guys are ready for release.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:48 pm

Derek S wrote:Card looks nice and error free.  Shoot, I wish I would have seen there was a 3rd figure chosen before the last order I did, I thought I'd finally rounded up all of the wave 3 characters.  I think these guys are ready for release.

I have the 3rd figure in hand for each of you : )
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:42 pm

Here is a revised card for the Wardens . . . if adjusted the brightness of the background, done slight shifting of figures, and changed some of the fogging.

W3 Wardens of the Wood - released - Page 2 WardensOfTheWood-2NWHC

W3 Wardens of the Wood - released - Page 2 WardensOfTheWoodBasic-2NWHC
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:47 pm

Looking over to vote for release and the card has been deleted.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:39 pm

I went through all of Wave 3's cards this weekend and made improvements on the images, lightened the background, and scoured the text for mistakes. I just haven't had the chance to upload them all yet.

Here is the latest:

W3 Wardens of the Wood - released - Page 2 WardensOfTheWood.NWHC

W3 Wardens of the Wood - released - Page 2 WardensOfTheWood.Basic.NWHC
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:03 am

Does Ritual of Oakenshield need to not affect the Wardens of the Wood? I could see the last line being dropped maybe. It would benefit them as stand alone but not with any other characters, and they still don't benefit offensively without a different unique/uncommon Ullar card.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:13 am

Good question, Derek.

We talked about that, but our thoughts would be that they would end up being just a unit that would pod up and fire with their ranged attack. There are plenty of units that do that. By including the clause that their protection doesn't help each other, they encourage different strategies and alternatives for their use.

Kai, chime in if there was anything I missed in this regard.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:47 am

I am good either way. Sorry, I never saw this in the thread as a question previously discussed.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:59 pm

Don't be sorry. It wasn't it the thread . . . it was a play testing conversation we had. It is good to bring up any and all questions.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:24 am

In strength of Ullar, aren't Uncommon considered Unique? Do we need to state Uncommon in the power?

The Book of Wardens of the Wood

NWHC Exclusive

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered
    -Ullar figures: Ritual of Oakenshield

All friendly figures that follow Ullar and are adjacent to a Warden of the Wood, may benefit from RITUAL OF OAKENSHIELD defense bonus.
    -Divine Grimoire: Devout figures and Bishop Thaddeus
    Having a Devout personality, a Warden of the Wood may benefit Bishop Thaddeus with a Gold Devotion Marker if they are destroyed

Synergy Benefits Received
    -Acolarh: Ullars Amulet

Being a figure that follows Ullar, a Warden of the Wood may benefit from Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus.
    -Aristeos: Nature’s Aura
    Being a figure that follows Ullar, a Warden of the Wood may benefit from Aristeos defense Aura.
    - Unique/ Uncommon Ullar figures: Strength of Ullar
    All Unique/ Uncommon Ullar figures adjacent to the Wardens of the Wood, may benefit the Wardens of the Wood STRENGTH OF ULLAR attack bonus.
    -Count Raymond: Devout Leadership
    Having a Devout personality, a Warden of the Wood may benefit from Count Raymond’s DEVOUT LEADERSHIP movement bonus.
    -Divine Grimoire: Devout figures and Bishop Thaddeus
    Having a Devout personality, a Warden of the Wood may benefit from Bishop Thaddeus’ DIVINE GRIMOIRE Gold Devotion Marker removal attack bonus.
    -Baron Sebastian: Forced March
    Having a Devout Personality, a Warden of the Wood may benefit from Baron Sebastian's FORCED MARCH movement bonus.

Synergy Imposed
    -Baron Sebastian: Forced March

Having a Devout Personality, a Warden of the Wood may be wounded from Baron Sebastian's FORCED MARCH.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:16 pm

I think that Uncommons are treated as Uniques in every way, so they count towards Strength of Ullar. We could clarify Uncommons if that would help.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:51 pm

First draft of Bio:

--
    WARDENS OF THE WOOD
    The Wardens of the Wood are an elected group of elven druids from Feylund. The druids are chosen by the elders of the druidic order and are ordained by great hierophant of the Waylan Woods. Each Warden is assign an area of elvish land to foster and protect, tending to both the health of all life (both plant and animal). As a symbol of their authority, each Warden carries a sacred staff blessed by the hierophant. Each staff is unique to its bearer and allows the druid to channel bolts of force at short distances. The energy of the bolts can be control to simply be a push or to impact with the power to break bones.

In addition to their enchanted staves, the Wardens are instructed in many rituals. One of these incantations is the Ritual of Oakenshield. Cast each day at sunset, the spell provides magical protection from harm for the Warden and his allies within a 5 foot radius.

There are currently three Wardens of the Wood on Valhalla. First among the group is Hrothan, Warden of Aubria. Hrothan wears the mask of the Heartsinger Stag and he is the guardian of the great animals of the forest. Next is Kristia, Warden of Ashra, who bears the Talon of the Eagles. Kristia is guardian of all creatures of the sky. Finally there is the stoic Kaolo, Warden of Llmovar, the guardian of the mountain. Kaolo carries the Staff of Shepherds which allows him to communicate with the gentle animals of the woodlands.

When the Elves of Feylund arrived in Valhalla, they became great allies to Ullar. Initially the Wardens of the Wood helped their brothers and sisters to understand the different flora, fauna, and animals of the forests of Valhalla. But now as the battles have grown closer to the new demesne of the collective elves of Valhalla, the Wardens have been brought to the front lines to keep Utgar and his minions at bay.

To aid the fight, Ullar and the Druids have developed a new ritual. Cast the night before a battle, and focused through an oath to serve Ullar, the Wardens can call upon the strength of the great heroes and heroines that will fight the following day. With this ritual, the Wardens can perform great feats of strength and skill in combat, making them formidable combatants.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 pm