Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

W6 - Quintus Flavius Magnus, Roman Archer Commander

Nomad
    Nomad

W6 - Quintus Flavius Magnus, Roman Archer Commander Empty W6 - Quintus Flavius Magnus, Roman Archer Commander

Post  Nomad Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:02 pm

Quintus Flavius Magnus
    NWHC Wave 6 – ?? - ??

W6 - Quintus Flavius Magnus, Roman Archer Commander Y4mWc0cxjHHVF0GHkK9Iyzjynh2DGayzfMfIXPFe-XKo9MdVGE7HY4ILTaiOqoRKS0oQlv5HvEdnljKEphwKuK35tDQ--Upv-r-hFHIJiAATAhgulHpMkeicxQqMZS38ZIuHOzeP8ACkvOF4htzmm6QytQ6i6v8sjlfZBufOv9BMnYiweuw_P2Gc_DCvMiyiVTo?width=1024&height=961&cropmode=none

W6 - Quintus Flavius Magnus, Roman Archer Commander Y4mtfvmsTkpGn9lVbURcAyzMai3ilezNZGcH0b59P2jbj4icmbGMSDRj56uW_0k9ORBV6WUrO56HKoy_Pijnev44JuH-EOkpseXmbTD4eLXRZHqCIlbpehhOulXg-fGJeOt5qe6u7amTPDI-XBivKhAEvnfxu0_I2-oidqTEk03XnUwYoBG8ElUrzhf-jChEhFL?width=1024&height=966&cropmode=none

PDF DOWNLOAD, front
    PDF DOWNLOAD, back

Figure: Modified Heroscape Roman Archer with head/helmet of Marcus Decimus Gallus

General: Einar
    Planet: Earth

Species: Human
    Unique Hero
    Class: Archer
    Personality: Disciplined
    Medium 5

Life: 4
    Move: 5
    Range: 6
    Attack: 2
    Defense: 3
    55 Points

HUMAN ARCHER COMMANDER
    After revealing an order marker on this Army Card and taking a turn with Quintus Flavius Magnus, you may take a turn with one common Human Archer squad or hero you control. A figure activated with Human Archer Commander must be within 8 clear sight spaces of Quintus Flavius Magnus at the start of its move and may move 1 additional space.

TACTICAL FORMATION
    All Human Archers within 2 clear sight spaces of Quintus Flavius Magnus add 1 to their attack and 1 to their defense dice. Tactical Formation does not affect Quintus Flavius Magnus.

ROMAN ARCHER TRAINING
    Quintus Flavius Magnus may count as a Roman Archer for Arrow Volley even if he attacked this turn. Quintus Flavius Magnus does not need to be on the same level as the other two Roman Archers.

Character Bio:
    Copy text here.

Concept borrowed from Bangerang's Quintus Quintus Rufius Metellus

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- N/A

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

- N/A

Synergy Benefits Received

- N/A

Synergy Imposed

- N/A

Last edited by Nomad on Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Derek S
    Derek S

W6 - Quintus Flavius Magnus, Roman Archer Commander Empty Re: W6 - Quintus Flavius Magnus, Roman Archer Commander

Post  Derek S Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:42 pm

Cool.  Funny thing when I saw your post I was thinking all Archers with in so many spaces are considered on same level as Quintus.  Kind of addressed it.

Do we want him to exclusively work with Roman Archers or be more like Marcus?
    Nomad
    Nomad

W6 - Quintus Flavius Magnus, Roman Archer Commander Empty Re: W6 - Quintus Flavius Magnus, Roman Archer Commander

Post  Nomad Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:04 pm

Just Roman Archers, I think. We just released Matsuko Kazumi, which would cause a double-up of power with this figure. Also, I don't think the Aubrien Archers need much help since they already get some boosts from other elves.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:17 pm

Could do Common Human Archers?  Tugawa Samurai Archers are Samurai so wouldn't fit the bill. Just throwing out thoughts, not against working solely with Roman Archers. I do have a plethora of Archers from confrontation that should get developed at some point though.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:12 pm

Makes perfect sense. Human Archers does not include Tagawa Archers, Orc Archers, or Aubrien Archers.

How about:

HUMAN ARCHER COMMANDER
    After revealing an order marker on this Army Card and taking a turn with Quintus Flavius Magnus, you may take a turn with one common Human Archer squad or hero you control. A figure activated with Human Archer Commander must be within 8 clear sight spaces of Quintus Flavius Magnus at the start of its move and may move 1 additional space.

TACTICAL FORMATION
    All Human Archers within 2 clear sight spaces of Quintus Flavius Magnus add 1 to their attack and 1 to their defense dice. Tactical Formation does not affect Quintus Flavius Magnus.

ROMAN ARCHER TRAINING
    Quintus Flavius Magnus may count as a Roman Archer for Arrow Volley if he did not attack this turn. Quintus Flavius Magnus does not need to be on the same level as the other two Roman Archers.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:33 pm

In HUMAN ARCHER COMMAND does the hero need to be common?  Not sure what c3v is doing with the common archer for Indians, but can't imagine any conflict here.  Like the fact he can benefit a few unique human archers.  Probably a bit a point cost jump with this rendition but looking good.

I have a couple of odd Roman Archers from a Craigslist purchase if we could use those as the base.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:43 pm

I have a bunch of extra Roman Archers - I just bought another squad a couple of months ago. And I have too many MDGs to even be funny. I will make one for you.

Yes - the hero needs to be common to benefit from HUMAN ARCHER COMMANDER.

There aren't any unique human archers out there yet, the only power that benefits them is TACTICAL FORMATION.

I hope we don't get a point bump - I kind of like him being the same price as a squad of Roman Archers.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:22 pm

Nomad wrote:Makes perfect sense. Human Archers does not include Tagawa Archers, Orc Archers, or Aubrien Archers.

How about:

HUMAN ARCHER COMMANDER

TACTICAL FORMATION

ROMAN ARCHER TRAINING
    Quintus Flavius Magnus may count as a Roman Archer for Arrow Volley if he did not attack this turn. Quintus Flavius Magnus does not need to be on the same level as the other two Roman Archers.

This looks pretty solid. The R. Archers needs soooo much help : ) I like the idea of Quintus counting as a Roman Archer for Arrow Volley. He only has a Attack 2 .. do you think it matters if he can attack first and then get the Volley in? It does bump to 4 attacks per OM (or 1 normal attack + 1 special attack). It is about the same # of dice (2/2/2/2 or 2/6).
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:55 pm

Lord Kai wrote: This looks pretty solid.  The R. Archers needs soooo much help : )  I like the idea of Quintus counting as a Roman Archer for Arrow Volley.  He only has a Attack 2 .. do you think it matters if he can attack first and then get the Volley in?  It does bump to 4 attacks per OM (or 1 normal attack + 1 special attack).  It is about the same # of dice (2/2/2/2 or 2/6).

Hmm. So at least two of the archers would need to be next to Quintus in order for him to be part of the volley. That would be minimum rolls of 2/3/3/2 for a normal attack and rolls of 2/6 if using the volley if Quintus is part of it. Thanks for bringing this up. I think we will have to allow his normal attack before volley or else it would never be used.

A couple of reworks so far from the initial post:

HUMAN ARCHER COMMANDER

ROMAN ARCHER TRAINING
    Quintus Flavius Magnus may count as a Roman Archer for Arrow Volley even if he attacked this turn. Quintus Flavius Magnus does not need to be on the same level as the other two Roman Archers.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:01 pm

OP has been updated with the first attempt at a card for Quintus.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:56 am

Roman Archer Training makes it sound like he is training. Maybe Roman Archer Trainor, Expert, Master or such.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:01 pm

Hopefully I will get to painting the mod today. On a thematic issue, if he is an expert do you think his attack should be a bit better than the Roman Archers- maybe 3 instead of 2? If I playtest I might start at 3 if you don't mind.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu May 04, 2023 9:33 pm

Hmm. I would like to keep him at 55 points.

4 attacks - 3, 2, 2, 2 or 2 attacks using volley 3, 6. Total investment between QFM and Archers is 110 points. Let me make some comparisons to other combos that might be similar.

ROMAN ARCHER TRAINER or EXPERT might be a better name for that power.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:56 am