Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

Guardians of the Awakened Forest. Brainstorming phase

Derek S
    Derek S

Guardians of the Awakened Forest.  Brainstorming phase Empty Guardians of the Awakened Forest. Brainstorming phase

Post  Derek S Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:29 pm

Guardians of the Awakened Forest
    NWHC Wave ? – Wave Title - Pack Title

Guardians of the Awakened Forest.  Brainstorming phase 123029Guardians of the Awakened Forest.  Brainstorming phase 1640026

PDF DOWNLOAD, front
    PDF DOWNLOAD, back

Figure: D&D Deathknell, Wood Woad, #29 and D&D Icons of the Realm: Volo's and Mordenkainen's Foes, Wood Woad, #9/44

General: Ullar
    Planet: Valhalla

Species: Wildwood
    Common Squad
    Class: Protector
    Personality: Vengeful
    Medium 5

Life: 1
    Move: 4
    Range: 1
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 4
    50 Points

PROTECTORS OF THE FOREST
    After Revealing an order marker on a Unique Wildwood Card you control that follows Ullar, you may instead take a turn with the Guardians of the Awakened Forest.  If a Guardian of the Awakened Forest ends it’s movement adjacent to that Unique Wildwood, roll 1 additional attack die.

FIRE WEAKNESS
    When defending against a figure with the Lava Resistance Special Power, a Guardian of the Awakened Forest rolls 2 fewer defense die.

FOREST GROWTH
    After revealing an order marker on and taking a turn with the Guardians of the Awakened Forest roll the 20-sided die for each activated Guardian of the Awakened Forest adjacent to a tree or unique Wildwood figure you control. If you roll a 15 or higher, place a previously destroyed Guardian of the Awakened Forest adjacent to that tree or unique Wildwood figure.

Character Bio:
    Copy text here.

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- N/A

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

-ZOGROSS HARDSCALE : TRIBAL PROTECTION
    As a Protector who follows Ullar, a Guardian of the Awakened Forest may aid Zogross Hardscale with his TRIBAL PROTECTION ability.

-ALYSSA DAVION and MICHAEL DAVION: Dimensional Leap
    As a Protector, a Guardian of the Awakened Forest may aid figures with the DIMENSIONAL LEAP placement power. Figures with the DIMENSIONAL LEAP power include Alyssa Davion, Michael Davion.

Synergy Benefits Received

-FOREST LEADERSHIP : ANFANG
    -As a Wildwood, The Guardians of the Awakened Forest may benefit from Anfangs Forest Leadership movement bonus.

-GUARDIANS OF THE AWAKENED FOREST : PROTECTORS OF THE FOREST
    -Unique Wildwood figures that follows Ullar may aid The Guardians of the Awakened Forest with a turn and attack bonus.
    Unique Wildwood figures include: Anfang, Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel.

-GUARDIANS OF THE AWAKENED FOREST : FOREST GROWTH
    -Trees and Unique Wildwood figures may be utilized for the Guardians of the Awakened Forest Forest Growth special power.
    Unique Wildwood figures include: Anfang, Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel.
    Trees include: Evergreen tree, Palm tree.

-ACOLARH : Ullar’s Amulet
    As a unit that follows Ullar, The Guardians of the Awakened Forest may benefit from Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus.

-ARISTEOS: Nature’s Aura
    As a figure that follows Ullar, a Guardian of the Awakened Forest may benefit from Aristeos's defense aura.

-WARDENS OF THE WOOD: Ritual Oakenshield
    As a figure that follows Ullar, a Guardian of the Awakened Forest may benefit from an adjacent Warden of the Wood's defense bonus.

Synergy Imposed

-Guardians of the Awakened Forest: Fire Weakness
    Guardians of the Awakened Forest roll 2 fewer defense die against figures with the Lava Resistance Special Power.  Figures with Lava Resistance include Avernus, Brunak, Fire Elemental, Iron Golem, Moltenclaw, Obsidian Guards, Obsidian Wyldfire, Shurrak, and any figure with The Gem of Lava Resistance.

Last edited by Derek S on Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:56 am; edited 13 times in total
    Nomad
    Nomad

Guardians of the Awakened Forest.  Brainstorming phase Empty Re: Guardians of the Awakened Forest. Brainstorming phase

Post  Nomad Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:57 pm

Great ideas - loving the name and the powers. Tough to theory-scape with these guys due to my inexperience with the Monarch and faction of trees.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Guardians of the Awakened Forest.  Brainstorming phase Empty Re: Guardians of the Awakened Forest. Brainstorming phase

Post  Derek S Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:04 am

Not a fan of 4 powers generally but seemed worthwhile here. Do you think this will fit on a card?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:07 am

I think all four powers will fit on a card. None of the powers are super long.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:23 pm

I think I missed something about "Monarchs" : )

Is that a C3V thing?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:43 pm

https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=57047
    https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=57040
    https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=57045

New faction of sorts, liked the minis and thought to add to.  Might have a treant be a monarch as well to give the squad some options. could go unique wildwood instead.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:13 am

TREE REGENERATION
    Instead of attacking with the Guardians of the Awakened Forest you may use Tree Regeneration.  Choose up to 2 Guardians of the Awakened Forest adjacent to a tree or Monarch and roll the 20-sided die one at a time.  If you roll a 15 or higher, place a previously destroyed Guardian of the Awakened Forest Adjacent to the chosen Guardian of the Awakened Forest.

I do think Monarch only could be strange if another Monarch is made that isn't a Wildwood, so should say "adjacent to a tree or Wildwood Monarch you control".  Changed in OP

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

N/A

Synergy Benefits Received

-FOREST LEADERSHIP : ANFANG
    -As a Wood Woad, The Guardians of the Awakened Forest may benefit from Anfangs Forest Leadership movement bonus.

-GUARDIANS OF THE AWAKENED FOREST : PROTECTORS OF THE FOREST
    -Wildwood Monarchs that follows Ullar may aid The Guardians of the Awakened Forest with a turn and attack bonus.
    Wildwood Monarchs include: Anfang, Wildwood Monarch.

-GUARDIANS OF THE AWAKENED FOREST : TREE WALK
    -Wildwood Monarchs may be utilized for the Guardians of the Awakened Forest Tree Walk movement bonus.

-GUARDIANS OF THE AWAKENED FOREST : TREE REGENERATION
    -Wildwood Monarchs may be utilized for the Guardians of the Awakened Forest Tree Regeneration special power.

-ACOLARH : Ullar’s Amulet
    As a unit that follows Ullar, The Guardians of the Awakend Forest may benefit from Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:08 pm

TREE REGENERATION
    Instead of attacking with the Guardians of the Awakened Forest you may use Tree Regeneration. Choose up to 2 Guardians of the Awakened Forest adjacent to a tree or Monarch Unique Wildwood Hero and roll the 20-sided die one at a time. If you roll a 15 or higher, place a previously destroyed Guardian of the Awakened Forest adjacent to the chosen Guardian of the Awakened Forest.

Anfang is listed as a Monarch in the synergies, but I thought he was switched to an Elder. I think it might be good to keep the option to Regenerate with Anfang as well. What do you think?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:25 am

100% agree, had already changed the OP but didn't make post of it. I did not however catch the capital A.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:23 pm

First effort on the card. The text is so tight and small - one of the powers needs to go in my opinion.

Guardians of the Awakened Forest.  Brainstorming phase Y4mBN8o2i_3XvT3m9OpVNJFcR_RKJ_aBf3I1hFfxdtEprB474YLaV8lYOQD49aP1wn0uM56lPeC2_T3feF-1YnbXJQMuImAAh0qu2lRBYJp2AplgVYdWeXTwaopbl9xqaqHk8JQc4pOW8X1ZkPGL-aLB4OONYk9Qb3r6KMT9NXsx-TAjKr3ctRXfn5NoEgzoD9-?width=1024&height=961&cropmode=none

Guardians of the Awakened Forest.  Brainstorming phase Y4mOFBSxNQhgUMboq063u1dN1RugWb6DSzlopzj71CZPxAqqOGwdbQmOw6g9EMuhlQwW3LMYLkgqWP85UiEPOoZ7bxLepXLN83hXUD8gkyAxvD-HNGA_D7JOvfVa4wA3PeN4HW0BykTAGKRXYFCasKSGym0uOM-pfkTTIswbbIqQKnlDufuULVrOpIqsANA4NQG?width=1024&height=966&cropmode=none
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:51 am

I could see dropping Fire Weakness.  Or perhaps Tree Walk, or Tree Regeneration (needs new name)-  maybe New Growth or something. Also making species Wildwood.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Fri May 06, 2022 5:03 pm

Dropped tree walk and cleaned up OP with current thoughts.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:27 pm

Drop the attack to 3.  Drop Fire Weakness.  Change Forest Growth to

FOREST GROWTH
    After revealing an order marker on and taking a turn with the Guardians of the Awakened Forest roll the 20-sided die for each activated Guardian of the Awakened Forest adjacent to a tree or unique Wildwood figure you control.  If you roll a 15 or higher, place a previously destroyed Guardian of the Awakened Forest adjacent to that tree or unique Wildwood figure.

might need some wording help.  OP changed. Once wording finalized I think these guys are good to go.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri May 05, 2023 7:06 pm

Sounds good. I will toy with the wording soon.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:59 am

OP updated with point decrease. Outside of language adjustments if needed, I think these guys ready.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:28 pm

Tweaked a couple of things. Let me know what you think. I am rusty at this. I will send PDF when approved.

PROTECTORS OF THE FOREST
    After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Wildwood Card you control, instead of taking a turn with that Unique Wildwood, you may take a turn with the Guardians of the Awakened Forest. If a Guardian of the Awakened Forest ends its movement adjacent to that Unique Wildwood, roll 1 additional attack die.

FOREST GROWTH
    After revealing an Order Marker on and taking a turn with the Guardians of the Awakened Forest roll the 20-sided die for each activated Guardian of the Awakened Forest adjacent to a tree or unique Wildwood figure you control. If you roll a 15 or higher, place a previously destroyed Guardian of the Awakened Forest adjacent to that tree or unique Wildwood figure.

Guardians of the Awakened Forest.  Brainstorming phase Embed?resid=B28F46415438AD5D%213841&authkey=%21AKcHjHn-ryP7fXs&width=1024&height=999999
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:22 am

I like, every thing on card looks good. I am rusty as well. I say we release- yeah.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:42 pm

Oops again. I don't think I shared the PDF for printing purposes. i am getting really old ...
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:45 am

Never did send pdf’s for either one.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:30 pm

Can't get the PDFs to export correctly. Will try another day.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:53 pm