Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

Repaint Contest # 3

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Repaint Contest # 3 Empty Repaint Contest # 3

Post  Lord Kai Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Check it out!! Contest # 3.

You are more than welcome to submit at least 2 ideas for the contest : )

I love the repaint that Orgsbane did:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?p=1858606#post1858606

Derek S
    Derek S

Repaint Contest # 3 Empty Re: Repaint Contest # 3

Post  Derek S Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:49 pm

Here is the cards I was thinking about entering for the contest.  Inugami is a pretty interesting Japanese myth (I would encourage looking it up to help explain the powers).  Having 2 figures on the same base is pretty unusual, so I thought I would follow up with something unusual- 2 cards for the figures on the same base.  Ookami also will have no visible hit zones on the card.  Let me know any suggestions you all might have.  Ookami should be Okami with a line above the O but I don't know how to do that on the computer.

Kamero
    Master
    Controlling
    Human
    Unique Hero

Life-5
    Move-5
    Defense-3
    Attack-3
    Range-1
    Points-

Black Magic (will probably change the name here)

Ookami must be in your army to use any special powers on this card.

Inugami Mochi

If a figure within 5 clear site spaces of Kamero attacks Kamero, after rolling defensive die roll 1 attack die.  If a skull is rolled the attacking figure receives 1 wound.

Spirit of the Mochi (potential name change)

If Kamero receives one or more wounds, you may instead place those wounds on Ookami.  If Kamero is destroyed, Ookami must be destroyed.

Ookami
    Inugami
    Possessive
    Spirit Wolf
    Unique Hero

Life-1
    Move-0
    Range-0
    Attack-0
    Defense-0
    Points-

Spirit

Ookami can never be attacked or targeted or destroyed by a special power not listed on Kamero or Ookami's card.

Vengeful Spirit (name may change)

After Kamero moves and before Kamero attacks you may choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Kamero.  Roll 1 attack die.  If a skull is rolled the chosen figure receives 1 wound.  If the chosen figure is not destroyed you may roll for possession.

Possession

Roll the 20-sided die.  If you roll a 13 or higher you may immediately take a turn with the chosen figure.  If you roll a 3 or less remove all wounds from Kamero's card and destroy Ookami.  If Ookami is destroyed Kamero's personality becomes possessed.  While Kamero has the possessed personality add 1 to his attack and defense.  After a possessed Kamero moves he must attack every figure adjacent to him.  After taking a turn with a possessed Kamero, he receives 1 wound.

Last edited by Derek S on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:33 pm

Looks awesome. Man, you are very creative. Give me some time to put my head around this.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Minor word change to spirit on Ookami's card so that he can be destroyed by Kamero or Ookami's card.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:01 am

Pretty cool ideas. The two figures on one card is totally weird - which is why it is a challenge : P Only had a handful of submissions so far ..

You might need to add something to Ookami's SPIRIT so that he cannot be moved by or use Treasure glyphs (sort of like the Marro Hive).

It is two separate Army Cards but I guess you never need to put Order Markers on Ookami.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:16 am

I am missing what you mean by the Marro Hive and treasure glyphs. Do you have some specific language in mind, or should it state that you may never place or reveal an order marker on Ookami's card? Or something along the lines that Ookami cannot end his turn on a space different than Kamero's? Did you google Inugami?
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:29 am

The Swarm of the Marro rulebook clarifies that the Marro Hive can never be moved (so it can't be summoned by Saylind or a Glyph of Summoning for example). This also makes sure that it can't use a Potion of Speed to go from Move 0 to Move 4.

So I think if they are two separate Army cards, you need to clarify that the Move 0 of Inugami has some restrictions around moving/summoning.

You might be able to fit it all on one card though .. and I really like your ideas : )

Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:49 am

Valkrill
    Kamero
    Master
    Controlling
    Human
    Unique Hero

Life-5
    Move-5
    Defense-3
    Attack-3
    Range-1
    Points- 60

Black Magic

Ookami must be in your army to use any special powers on this card.

Spirit Protector

If a figure within 5 clear site spaces of Kamero attacks Kamero, after rolling defensive die roll 1 attack die.  If a skull is rolled the attacking figure receives 1 wound.

Inugami Mochi

If Kamero receives one or more wounds, you may instead place those wounds on Ookami.  If Kamero is destroyed, Ookami must be destroyed.

Ookami
    Inugami
    Possessive
    Spirit Wolf
    Unique Hero

Life-1
    Move-0
    Range-0
    Attack-0
    Defense-0
    Points- 80

Spirit

Ookami can never be targeted or attacked.  Ookami can never be destroyed by a special power not listed on Kamero or Ookami's card.  Ookami must always occupy the same space on the battlefield that Kamero occupies.  You may never place or reveal an order marker on Ookami's army card.

Vengeful Spirit

After Kamero moves and before Kamero attacks you may choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Kamero.  Roll 1 attack die.  If a skull is rolled the chosen figure receives 1 wound.  If the chosen figure is not destroyed you may roll for possession.

Possession

Roll the 20-sided die.  If you roll a 13 or higher you may immediately take a turn with the chosen figure.  If you roll a 3 or less remove all wounds from Kamero's card and destroy Ookami.  If Ookami is destroyed Kamero's personality becomes possessed.  While Kamero has the possessed personality add 1 to his attack and defense.  After a possessed Kamero moves he must attack every figure adjacent to him.  After taking a turn with a possessed Kamero, Kamero receives 1 wound.

Bio:

Kamero was always a proud and lustful Samurai.  His lust for power eventually led to dishonorable actions such that all other Samurai shunned.  Kamero became obsessed with restoring his honor, but this only led to even greater dishonor.  Kamero eventually decided there was only one way, to destroy all those who had shunned him.  Kamero knew he could not achieve success without help.  He hunted and trapped a great wolf and performed the horrible ritual ( http://hollowtreetales.wordpress.com/2010/05/13/thursday-myths-legends-101-inugami/ ) to create his Inugami.  After many years of acting on his vengeance, a group of Samurai decided Kamero needed to be destroyed.  Kamero and his Inugami fought with rage but were overwhelmed, as a Katana was coming at his neck, Valkrill summoned him to Valhalla.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:20 pm

I think that the two Army cards gets a little confusing - especially since some powers have similar rolls (.. figure within 5 spaces roll one combat die).

How about combining them onto one card:

Valkrill
    Kamero
    Master
    Controlling
    Human
    Unique Hero

Life-5
    Move-5
    Range-1
    Attack-3
    Defense-3
    Points- 140

Ookami Spirit Protector

Once per turn if a figure within 5 clear site spaces of Kamero attacks Kamero, after rolling defensive die roll 1 attack die. If a skull is rolled the attacking figure receives 1 wound.

Vengeful Spirit Special Attack
    Range: 5 Attack: 1
    Figures may not roll defense against Vengeful Spirit Special Attack. After attacking with Vengeful Spirit Special Attack if the chosen figure is not destroyed roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher you may immediately take a turn with the chosen figure. If you roll a 3 or less Kamero's personality becomes possessed. While Kamero has the possessed personality add 1 to his attack and defense. After a possessed Kamero moves he must attack every figure adjacent to him. Roll each attack separately.

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:06 am

BUMP

I know this figure is growing long in the tooth concerning our customs. Let's still keep this double figure in mind.

Just doing some bookkeeping for our site.

Do we want to pursue this or let it slide?
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:20 am

We could do the three Repaints as a Wave 4 "Special Release" pack : )
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:41 am

I'm game for these figures to be pursued.  A pretty cool looking mini. Do we want to start with what I was thinking, or does someone else want to take the lead?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:20 pm

I would suggest that you take the lead on this one. I like your start very much. I will look into the designs submitted in Kai's contest as well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 am