Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

Dragon brainstorming

Derek S
    Derek S

Dragon brainstorming Empty Dragon brainstorming

Post  Derek S Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:21 pm

Reserved.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Dragon brainstorming Empty Re: Dragon brainstorming

Post  Derek S Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:25 pm

Any ideas for the color scheme for a Valkrill Dragon, although it doesn't have to be Valkrill? I was thinking maybe a Creme/Gold combo.  Here is the figure.  A little beefier than Braxas but close to the same size.  A very cool looking Dragon if I paint it right.  Mini info is Dark Heaven Legends Bones: Deathsleet.
    Dragon brainstorming Rpr77110
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:04 pm

Wow! Will "it" fit on a peanut base?

In D&D the "evil" dragons follow certain colors and have a breath weapon (in parentheses):  

Red (Fire), Black (Acid), Blue (Lightning), White (Frost), and Green (Poison Gas)

Of course Heroscape has it own dragons and colors that are totally separate from D&D (Charos is green with no dragon breath and is a good guy, Nilfheim is white with frost breath but he's working with Jandar).

Do you have an idea for Special Powers/Attacks yet?

I could see a brass/copper color - almost like rust -- which might end up similar to Mimring.

I have NO painting skills so I am not sure how we would accomplish that .. but you guys are much better painters than I am : P
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:18 pm

Yes it will fit on a peanut base. This Dragon is perfect for Heroscape. I did search the color schemes of D&D, and if we did follow that theme I might go with a green theme as the poison gas power hasn't really been done. I could see the rust color as well- the color of Valkrill's cards almost. Or we could match the paint job of the picture. I haven't really thought of any powers yet but was thinking of something added to Stealth Flying where this Dragon rolled 1 attack die (or could make it a 20- sided roll to decrease the odds) for every figure when it leaves engagement, kind of representing a wing slap attack. Miniature Market currently has 1 in stock at $14.99. I would be happy to paint one for you if needed.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:55 pm

Wing Attacks/Wing Slap sounds pretty cool.

And Poison Gas works well for Valkrill.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:10 pm

Very cool sculpt. I'm on board. I think Valkrill is the way to go - we could do a beige and green combo. Do you have the figure?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:04 pm

On my last order I picked him and a couple of bones cowboys up to see how they looked. I am overly impressed- fits right in with the other dragon's but might be even more cool. I only picked up 1 as I wasn't sure if it would be worth pursuing. I have almost finished painting one of the cowboys, it's turning out alright.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:00 pm

I kind of like the beige/green combo. What do you think about this Kai?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:12 pm

If there aren't any objections here I am going to go with a rust/green combo.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:03 pm

Derek S wrote:If there aren't any objections here I am going to go with a rust/green combo.

Awesome, man! I look forward to seeing your super-cool painting skills at work.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:03 pm

Maybe a faded green for the scales, with the rust/beige for the wings, hands, and snout? With some mixing in. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:11 am

I haven't been able to track down a good rust colored paint here, so I'll try mixing or tweaking the color scheme a bit when I get around to painting this figure.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:09 pm