Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

W4 Raeza - Large Bronze Dragon - ready for final

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W4 Raeza - Large Bronze Dragon - ready for final Empty W4 Raeza - Large Bronze Dragon - ready for final

Post  Lord Kai Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:03 pm

June 2016 Update

Nomad wrote:NWHC edition . . .

W4 Raeza - Large Bronze Dragon - ready for final Raeza.NWHC

W4 Raeza - Large Bronze Dragon - ready for final Raeza.Basic.NWHC

Archive
    Spoiler:

W4 Raeza - Large Bronze Dragon - ready for final RaezaBronzeDragon

Last edited by Lord Kai on Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:30 am; edited 4 times in total
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W4 Raeza - Large Bronze Dragon - ready for final Empty Re: W4 Raeza - Large Bronze Dragon - ready for final

Post  Lord Kai Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:04 pm

W4 Raeza - Large Bronze Dragon - ready for final RaezaArmyCard
    Nomad
    Nomad

W4 Raeza - Large Bronze Dragon - ready for final Empty Re: W4 Raeza - Large Bronze Dragon - ready for final

Post  Nomad Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:26 pm

A great looking dragon!

Kai - are we going to include this in the NW Customs project? If so, are you open to input and a redoing of the card?
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:23 pm

Nomad wrote:A great looking dragon!

Kai - are we going to include this in the NW Customs project? If so, are you open to input and a redoing of the card?

Same story here with Raeza .. popular figure that I was thinking would be a nice NW Custom but I wanted to get some action going on Heroscapers.com. SoV has a lot more strict standards around powers so Raeza is very simple to meet their tastes. Personally I'd like her to be more "creative" (if I can just think of powers). I haven't tested her with these stats yet ... just messing around.

Input welcome!
    New card welcome!!
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:08 pm

Huskies16 gave the new dragon, Raeza, a whirl and she was pretty awesome.

Raeza ... 140
    Greenscales x3 ... 320
    Aristios ... 410

The all Ullar dragon corps went against the Cultist of the Nhah Scirh (with Nomad trying out two custom cultist Heroes).

Raeza took some wounds early but that just set her up to be a 6/6 double attacker. I only watched the game but it was pretty sick to see Raeza throwing attacks of 6 (or 7 with height). Her scales were super tough at 6 defense and backed with the Greenscales, she was pretty amazing.

In the next game, Raeza faced the Grok Riders and their new warlord, Tu-Rok-Sa. The map had some challenges for Raeza's big wing span. We were playtesting new figures and Tu-Rok-Sa's special power became an assassination strike (reveal the X and get bonus attack equal to wound). Raeza only had a few wounds and then with an 7 attack die roll of 5 skulls, Raeza went down surprisingly early. After that the Greenscales fell quickly.

Raeza came back in the three player match that followed and the Greenscales - lead by Aristios - took out the Gnolls and the Groks. Once the dragon Queen gets to 3 wounds and that 6/6 double attack - she's wicked.

We discussed increasing her points to 150-160 and changing her double attack so that you cannot attack the same figure twice. Those alterations should balance her out.

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:55 pm

Bump
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:13 pm

Nomad wrote:Bump

Updated OP to 150-points and changed Double Attack to Tailwhip Attack (attack twice but only the same figure once).
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:53 am

Unfortunately MM had none in stock.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:13 pm

Derek S wrote:Unfortunately MM had none in stock.

Auggies has 7 in stock and they are about half what they were several months ago:

http://www.auggiesgamestore.com/catalog/pathfinder_miniatures-the_lost_coast/large_bronze_dragon/183833

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat May 02, 2015 10:47 am

Kai wrote:Updated OP to 150-points and changed Double Attack to Tailwhip Attack (attack twice but only the same figure once).

Changes look good, although I think she might end up being more than 150 points.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:00 pm

NWHC edition . . .

W4 Raeza - Large Bronze Dragon - ready for final Raeza.NWHC

W4 Raeza - Large Bronze Dragon - ready for final Raeza.Basic.NWHC
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:41 pm

Great job on the card! The image is really awesome!!!

Might need some play-testing but this was a fun dragon : )
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue May 31, 2016 2:34 am

Bump for Wave 4.  More play-testing : )

Considering dropping him to 120 points. He's a lot like Krug but limited to who he can attack with his 2nd attack. Krug also bonds with the Arrow Gruts, just like Raeza would bond with Greenscales.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:54 pm

In the three or so play-tests we have had with Raeza, she was pretty good. That is why we bumped her from 140 to 150. Yes, she is similar to Krug. But, she has an extra defense that can be increased to 6 AND she can fly! She does have two less Life, but if Krug could fly and had the ability to bump his defense, I think he would be more than 120. More defense is better than more life.

I would be interested in keeping Raeza at 150 unless play-tests dictate otherwise.

RAEZA

Species: Dragon
    Unique Hero
    Class: Protector
    Personality: Ferocious
    Large 10

Life: 6
    Move: 6
    Range: 1
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 3
    150 points

TAILWHIP ATTACK
    When Raeza attacks, she may attack one additional time. She cannot attack the same figure more than once per turn.

RAMPAGE
    Add 1 to Raeza’s Attack and Defense values for each wound marker on her Army Card up to a maximum of +3.

FLYING
    When counting spaces for Raeza’s movement, ignore elevations. Raeza may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Raeza starts to fly, if she is engaged she will take any leaving engagement attacks.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:37 pm

VYDAR:
    Major Q10
    Pulsar Soldiers x5

vs

ULLAR:
    Varinn
    Aubrien Archers x2
    Raeza
    Greenscales x2

Map:  http://www.heroscapers.com/downloads/sirocco1_I4P.jpg

Ran two playtests to give the Pulsar Soldiers another run as well as try two Ullar units:  Raeza (Dragon) and Varinn (Ranger).  
    Raeza:  concerns that she is over-priced at 150-points.  Have only seen a few play-tests.
    Varinn:  he was amazing when paired with Kayla Willowsong (Ranger) so trying him solo with Aubriens.

GAME 1:  Vydar completely dominated this game, certainly the help of poor luck on Ullar’s side.  Raeza moved up early – took a few wounds from Pulsar Soldiers – and then fell to Wrist-Rockets while rolling 0/7 on defense twice in a row (jungle tree + Rampage).  Wasn’t much of a play-test for her.

The Pulsar Soldiers were great.  The game mechanic for Charge Markers continues to be a fantastic idea (thanks Nomad).  As a two-person Squad, I have some concerns about their Attacks per Order Marker – but with an option for a double special attack – they can make up for it.
    Varinn came out for Ullar and had some luck with Over-Extend.  The Archers had only 1 frenzy the entire game and when Varinn had 3 wounds, I should have backed him off – as the Pulsars jumped him and he went down without being able to buff his Archers.

GAME 2:  Ullar had more luck in this one, and I was more conservative with Raeza (planning to save her for late-game clean-up).  The Aubriens had two frenzies (both natural rolls without need for Varinn) and both came late.
    The Pulsar Soldiers put pressure on early, taking an Intercept OM (but not a successful roll) and dropping a few Archers early.  Raeza had an opportunity to jump out and take on two Pulsar Soldiers with an initiative switch.  It works and she took out one Soldier in the water on the Defense glyph (4 attack vs 6 defense) and then the other with 3 attacks vs 5 defense.  The Greenscales jumped on the Defense glyph and held it for the rest of the game (3 full rounds).

Raeza took a few wounds while protecting the Greenscales as Ullar moved up more Archers.  The Pulsars tried a few blasts but didn’t take down any Archers.  The Archers grabbed an Initiative +8 glyph (and also held it for the rest of the game.
    With Initiative a likely option for Ullar, Raeza flew across the board to take on Major Q-10 (who was just a few spaces out of the start zone but on height).  She popped a few wounds on the big Soulborg and then took a few hits back herself.  She was at 6 Attack & Defense but only 2 Life remaining for several OM’s.  Her tail-whip worked well – swinging as the Major and taking out a Pulsar for a few OM’s.  The Greenscales had to take time to catch up to their Dragon Queen but eventually they had 2 around the Major (who was holding on with 1 life).

The Major eventually won the war against Raeza (height helping during the conflict).  But the Dragon did enough damage to the Squad and held Vydar’s attacks at bay.  The Archers moved up to take shots at the Major and the Pulsars with little effect but then Varinn moved up on the OM switch and destroyed a Pulsar then over-extended to finish the Major.  A late game Frenzy by the Archers closed out the game.

Overall, Raeza was hit-and-miss.  I don’t think she is worth 150-points (certainly not in the same class as Cyrpien).  I would drop her to 130-points to line up with Krug.  Her defense does get a boost from Rampage but her double-attack can’t be used on the same figure.  She does have flying, so I'm bumping her a little over Krug.

Varinn was average for a supporting Hero.  His Frenzy enhancement didn’t come into play before he was destroyed.  His over-extended attack was a nice to give a hero two shots.  I think he was better with Kayla and other Rangers but he’s a nice filler for an “All-In” Aubrien army.

Pulsar Soldiers were fantastic and fun to play (even in the loss).  The game mechanic is excellent and I really like how they play.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:31 am

RAEZA -- points brainstorming

Army # 1:
    Greenscales x4 ... 240
    Kryllin ... 380
    Raeza ... 510 (@ 130) or 530 (@ 150)

Note:  The lower point total helps bring in another big Unique Hero (Kryllin) or could add 2 squads of Aubriens for some Range.

Army # 2:
    Greenscales x3 ... 180
    Syvarris ... 280
    Aristeos ... 370
    Raeza ... 500(@130)

Note: Lower points with only 3 squads of 'Scales fits in 190 points which could be Aristeos or Myrddin (90-pt Aquilla) or Heirloom along with Syvarris or even Krav Maga.  At 150-point, still manageable with less Greenscales.

Army # 3:
    Greenscales x3 ... 180
    Rhogar ... 290
    Raelin RotV or Kelda ... 370
    Raeza ... 500(@130)

Note:  Different build - more defense with Healing options.  This build might be better with Charos (210) instead of Raeza + Raelin (130 + 80).

Army # 4:
    Alyssa Davion ... 95
    Guardians of Davion x3 ... 380
    Raeza ... 510 (@ 130)

Note:  Alyssa can Dimensional Leap 6 spaces or adjacent to a Protector (which includes Raeza).  This gives Alyssa a long jump into a battle, and potential chance to teleport Raeza out of danger.

Basically, the difference between 130 - 150 isn't that much from an Army building stand-point.  It mostly forces you to play with less Greenscales squads to safely stay under 500 points.  So maybe a compromise at 140 points?  I can't see her as the same price as Cyprien.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:24 pm

I have had three play tests with Raezza. I agree that she hasn't earned her points at 150 and that her basic role would be as a clean-up figure, if played to her best potential. Overall, I think she is better than Krug because she can fly. I don't think Krug is under pointed at 120.

So, why don't we play test Raezza at 130 and see if that price point fits. 140 might still be a little too high, although I think she is better than Sudema, Eltahale, Master of the Hunt, Othkurik, Racheim, etc., who are all at 140.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:06 pm

Confirming that we are going to Finalize Raeza at 130-points.

==

Bio:

RAEZA
    A towering creature of golden wings and emerald eyes, the Lady Raeza of the Icarian coast, has come at the request of Ullar.  In her native lands, Raeza was a protector of oceans, as her bronze dragon kin love to swim in the seas as much as fly through the air.  Her draconian spines are more like fins, and her powerful tail allows her to swim in water at speeds unthought of for a creature of her size.

Many are drawn in by the majestic beauty of the shimmering wings and the grace and poise of the bronze dragons.  But they are not to be angered, for the wrath of these dragons is renown.  Though smaller than some of their cousins, the bronze dragons are quick and powerful.  Their tails are incredibly strong and can smash through the thickest of armor or stone.  A wizard, after observing bronze wyrmlings, noted that “we should not be fooled when they chase their own tails.”  “That playful exercise is training for a snap of the jaws and then a whipsaw of the tail not far behind.”

On Valhalla, Raeza has proven to be a fierce warrior.  Her ability to fly and her affinity for water are coupled with her dedication to her cause.  When wounded, she only fits back harder, the pain seemingly fueling only greater fury and strength of attack.  Her resolve is peerless and her rage unmatched.  

Ullar has tasked her with patrolling and protecting the waterways of Ekstrom.  She is rumored to rest in a series of underwater caves near the Forsaken Waters, which borders Laur and Nostralund.  Many believe that Ullar has sent Raeza to these waters because he still adheres to Malliddon's Prophecy that whomever controls those waters will eventually win the war.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:43 am

Thanks for the Bio. Here is the card final for Raezza. Yes, 130.

Looks like I will need to work on the book before posting next month.

W4 Raeza - Large Bronze Dragon - ready for final Raeza.3.NWHC

W4 Raeza - Large Bronze Dragon - ready for final Raeza.Basic.3.NWHC

Last edited by Nomad on Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:45 pm

Can you update the Planet to: Icaria

When I was writing up the background, I went with Charos and Nilfheim's home world.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:56 pm

Will do.

Done.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:48 am

Raeza
    NWHC Wave 4 – Fields of Wildfire - Heroes of the Tempest

W4 Raeza - Large Bronze Dragon - ready for final Raeza.3.NWHC
    W4 Raeza - Large Bronze Dragon - ready for final Raeza.Basic.3.NWHC

PDF DOWNLOAD, front
    PDF DOWNLOAD, back

Figure: Pathfinder Battles, Lost Coast, Large Bronze Dragon

General: Ullar
    Planet: Icaria

Species: Dragon
    Unique Hero
    Class: Protector
    Personality: Dangerous
    Large 10

Life: 6
    Move: 6
    Range: 1
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 3
    130 Points

TAILWHIP ATTACK
    When Raeza attacks, she may attack one additional time. She cannot attack the same figure more than once per turn.

RAMPAGE
    Add 1 to Raeza’s Attack and Defense value for each wound marker on her Army Card up to a maximum of +3.

FLYING
    When counting spaces for Raeza’s movement, ignore elevations. Raeza may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Raeza starts to fly, if she is engaged she will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Character Bio:
    A towering creature of golden wings and emerald eyes, the Lady Raeza of the Icarian coast, has come at the request of Ullar. In her native lands, Raeza was a protector of oceans, as her bronze dragon kin love to swim in the seas as much as fly through the air. Her draconian spines are more like fins, and her powerful tail allows her to swim in water at speeds unimaginable for a creature of her size.

Many are drawn in by the majestic beauty of the shimmering wings and the grace and poise of the bronze dragons. But they are not to be angered, for the wrath of these dragons is renown. Though smaller than some of their cousins, the bronze dragons are quick and powerful. Their tails are incredibly strong and can smash through the thickest of armor or stone. A wizard, after observing bronze wyrmlings, noted that “we should not be fooled when they chase their own tails. That playful exercise is training for a snap of the jaws and then a whipsaw of the tail not far behind.”

On Valhalla, Raeza has proven to be a fierce warrior. Her ability to fly and her affinity for water are coupled with her dedication to her cause. When wounded, she only hits back harder, the pain seemingly fueling only greater fury and strength of attack. Her resolve is peerless and her rage unmatched.

Ullar has tasked her with patrolling and protecting the waterways of Ekstrom. She is rumored to rest in a series of underwater caves near the Forsaken Waters, which borders Laur and Nostralund. Many believe that Ullar has sent Raeza to these waters because he still adheres to Malliddon's Prophecy that whomever controls those waters will eventually win the war.

- Rulings and Clarifications -

-N/A

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

-GREENSCALE WARRIORS: Loyalty to the Lizard King
    As a Unique Large Dragon Hero, Raeza may aid the Greenscale Warriors with their Loyalty to the Lizard King Attack and Defense Enhancements if she is their chosen Lizard King.

-WARDENS OF THE WOOD: Strength of Ullar
    Being a unique figure that follows Ullar, Raeza may aid the Wardens of the Wood through their Strength of Ullar attack bonus.

-ALYSSA and MICHAEL DAVION: Dimensional Leap
    Being a Protector, Raeza may aid figures with the Dimensional Leap placement power. Figures with the Dimensional Leap power include Alyssa Davion and Michael Davion.

Synergy Benefits Received

-ACOLARH: Ullar’s Amulet
    As a follower of Ullar, Raeza may benefit form Acolarh’s Ullar's Amulet movement bonus

-GREENSCALE WARRIORS: Loyalty to the Lizard King and Lizard King Bonding
    As a Huge Unique Dragon Hero, Raeza may be chosen as a Lizard King and may benefit from Greenscale Warriors' Lizard King Bonding activation bonus.

-ZOGROSS HARDSCALE: Tribal Protection/Opportunity Strike 15
    As a Protector who follows Ullar, Raeza may benefit from Zogross Hardscale's Tribal Protection and Opportunity Strike 15 special powers.

-ARISTEOS: Nature's Aura
    As a figure that follows Ullar, Raeza may benefit from Aristeos' Nature's Aura defense bonus.

-WARDENS OF THE WOOD: Ritual of Oakenshield
    As a figure that follows Ullar, Raeza may benefit from the Wardens of the Wood Ritual of Oakenshield defense bonus.

Synergy Imposed

-N/A
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:09 pm

Raeza's book has been created in the previous post. I'm sure I missed some possible synergies.

Raeza's PDFs have been uploaded to Heroscapers and she has been posted on our thread on Heroscapers (1/28/17). Let me know if you notice anything amiss.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:51 am