Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

Piper, Motorcycle agent

Derek S
    Derek S

Piper, Motorcycle agent Empty Piper, Motorcycle agent

Post  Derek S Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:32 pm

Agent Jones
    NWHC Wave ? – Wave Title - Pack Title

Piper, Motorcycle agent Yhst-23582626927024_2252_147302020

PDF DOWNLOAD, front
    PDF DOWNLOAD, back

Figure: Game, Set, Figure Name, Figure #

General:  Vyadar
    Planet:Earth

Species: Human
    Unique Hero
    Class: Agent
    Personality: Unphased
    Medium 6?

Life: 4
    Move: 7
    Range: 1
    Attack: 4
    Defense: 4
    ? Points

Stealth Drive by
    Agent Jones is never attacked when leaving an engagement, but always attacks a figure when she leaves engagement. She may not attack the same figure more than once per Stealth Drive By. If Agent Jones fails to inflict a wound when leaving engagement, she may not leave additional engagements.

Stationary Shots (Pocketed Weapons) ?
    Range 6 attack 3
    Instead of moving, Agent Jones may use (Pocket Weapons). When Agent Jones uses Stationary Shots, she may attack 1 additional time.

Speed Cycle
    After Agent Jones attacks normally, she may move 3 additional spaces.

Character Bio:  She was a young agent being trained by Carr when the twilight clan kidnapped her and trained her in the arts of the ninja.  She never forget her original training of being an agent, apparently becomes rogue when escapes the twilight clan and joins Vydar.  After joining Vydar she slowly influences them to go their own way betraying Jandar and the other "good" generals.  [This is a rough outline, subject to change, of Piper's biography here.  Be prepared to be out lengthed Kai in a biography.  Piper will end up with a Novella if I am right Very Happy ].
    Copy text here.

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- N/A

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

-Figure Name: Power
    Plain Text

Synergy Benefits Received

Plain Text

Synergy Imposed

Plain Text

Last edited by Derek S on Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    Derek S
    Derek S

Piper, Motorcycle agent Empty Re: Piper, Motorcycle agent

Post  Derek S Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:05 pm

This started 3 years ago with Piper and has morphed over time. She wanted and still wants dark hair, preferably long. We were going to use Kumiko's head, but do not have enough to warrant. She originally chose Agent Carr's sword but decided it would be too big (to replace the gun). The figure will have the gun removed, replaced with the Izamu Samurai with the bun hair sword and hand. We are going to try using the head of the same Samurai, but doubt it will work. If it doesn't work, we will use Eltahale's head and hair.

These are original and current power ideas;

1- "Roadkill" If her movement extends past and thru a figure, that figure receives a wound
    2- "Motorcycle" if 2 spaces are in a strait line at the same level they count as 1 space in movement
    3- "Disengage, or ghost walk"

(The above might be able to be combined in some function in to one power)

4- "Drive bye" (think Silver Surfer or Kumiko) she may attack any time during her movement and continue moving
    5- "Multiple Weapons" if she doesn't move she may attack from range- (even though the gun in her and will be gone, she still has multiple guns in her pockets/bike.

6- some sort of double attack which could be combined with a power above.

I do think this could be a fun character to develop. Piper wanted to get more specific (I didn't really like where it was going), so I said we would throw out the general thoughts we've had about the character here and see what you all thought. I would really like this to turn out as a useful, fun, relatively high priced hero for Piper.

When I am done modding will post a picture.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:28 am

Cool concepts!  I look forward to the Bio!!

You could borrow from C3V's Zettian Deathwings:

EVASIVE 2
    When a Zettian Deathwing rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, add 2 defense to the defending Zettian Deathwing.

HYPER SPEED BURST 3
    After moving and attacking with Zettian Deathwings, each Zettian Deathwing you activate this turn may move up to 3 spaces.

And perhaps Augamo ...

RAMMING 6
    When a small or medium figure rolls defense die and is not destroyed by a normal or special attack from Augamo, immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 6 or higher, you may Ram the figure. The player who controls the Rammed figure must place that figure, if possible, on an empty space within two spaces of it's current location, within clear sight of Augamo but not adjacent to him. The space must be on the same level as or lower then it's current location. A Rammed figure never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved lower by Ramming can receive any falling damage that may apply.

HEADLONG CHARGE SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range 1. Attack 4.
    Instead of moving and attacking normally with Augamo, you may move Augamo up to 4 spaces. Augamo may attack up to 2 times with Headlong Charge Special Attack at any point before, during or after this move as long as Augamo is on a space where he could end his movement.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:13 am

1st post updated with better stats and powers. per Piper
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:35 am

Stealth Drive by
    Agent Jones is never attacked when leaving an engagement, but always attacks a figure when she leaves engagement. She may not attack the same figure more than once per Stealth Drive By. If Agent Jones fails to inflict a wound when leaving engagement, she may not leave additional engagements. Does she get to attack each person she leaves engagement with her normal attack? Man, that could be pretty powerful. With the big move, putting it in reverse, drive, back and forth, I could easily see 10+ attacks of 4. If this is meant to be a reverse leaving engagement attack of one die, then it needs to be spelled out in the power. Still, getting the potential of 10+ die rolls without defense is significant.

Stationary Shots (Pocketed Weapons) ?
    Range 6 attack 3
    Instead of moving, Agent Jones may use (Pocket Weapons). When Agent Jones uses Stationary Shots, she may attack 1 additional time. Cool

Speed Cycle
    After Agent Jones attacks normally, she may move 3 additional spaces. A total move of 10.

Sounds like fun for starter ideas. I still think that this figure fits more with C3G than classic scape, but I am not opposed to developing the figure/card and using it . . . I'm just not sure about releasing as part of NWHC. I guess it is mostly the motorcycle.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:28 am

Damon wrote:Does she get to attack each person she leaves engagement with her normal attack? Man, that could be pretty powerful. With the big move, putting it in reverse, drive, back and forth, I could easily see 10+ attacks of 4. If this is meant to be a reverse leaving engagement attack of one die, then it needs to be spelled out in the power. Still, getting the potential of 10+ die rolls without defense is significant.

In a perfect world, if 7 figures were lined up in a straight line on either side of her leaving a path down the middle, and she rolled 14 consecutive skulls, she could put 14 wounds on 14 different figures. The intent was to have her roll the leaving engagement die. She cannot attack the same figure more than once in a turn when using (stealth drive by). Instead of attacking Normally should be added. Maybe add a bit of negative here, something like

Stealth Drive by
    Agent Jones is never attacked when leaving an engagement, but always make a leaving engagement attack. She may not attack the same figure more than once per turn when using Stealth Drive By. If Agent Jones fails to inflict a wound when leaving engagement, her movement ends, and she takes one wound. Agent Jones may not use her normal attack and Stealth Drive by in the same turn.
    (would have to work out something if she left 2 engagements at once.

Damon wrote:A total move of 10.
    Kai wrote:
    HYPER SPEED BURST 3
    After moving and attacking with Zettian Deathwings, each Zettian Deathwing you activate this turn may move up to 3 spaces

Intent was if she didn't use stealth drive by or pocket weapons she could move the 3 additional spaces, very much like the Deathwings.

Damon wrote:
    Sounds like fun for starter ideas. I still think that this figure fits more with C3G than classic scape, but I am not opposed to developing the figure/card and using it . . . I'm just not sure about releasing as part of NWHC. I guess it is mostly the motorcycle.

Motorcycle isn't real fitting but I could see it. Maybe as a special release or something crossing the boundaries a bit. Don't really care there, just want the best possible figure for what Piper is envisioning.

I really had to tone down Nolan's starting ideas for his figure (that can summon 6 different figures- think Vixxen style) so we wouldn't get to C3Gey and would work with classic. Laughing

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:23 pm

Is she going to be on a peanut base?

Her Stealth Drive By reminds me of Trample/Stomp from Tor-Kul-Na - which is really powerful. We had Stompy at the last event and he was pretty vicious but he's a 200+ point figure.

I'd look to his power on a d20 versus the Leaving Engagement attacks. It makes it more in line with current units and doesn't break the normal idea of Leaving Engagements and reversing it (wait, you left engagement with me - why do you get to attack me?). As a d20 special power it would cause less confusion.

If you don't want her to be 200+ points, you could make her d20 a higher target # than Tor-Kul-Na - maybe a 13 .. because she does have disengage.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:39 pm

Is she going to be on a peanut base?

Wheelie, about the same size as Ghost Rider. Although from her pic, probably put the back tire on the ground.

Kai wrote:I'd look to his power on a d20 versus the Leaving Engagement attacks. It makes it more in line with current units and doesn't break the normal idea of Leaving Engagements and reversing it (wait, you left engagement with me - why do you get to attack me?). As a d20 special power it would cause less confusion.

If you don't want her to be 200+ points, you could make her d20 a higher target # than Tor-Kul-Na - maybe a 13 .. because she does have disengage.

Torkulna is a bit more powerful in other stats, can still attack if doesn't trample, and has about 2/3 chance. She is 50% with her roll. I do like the idea of the 20 sider option. Maybe 10ish or higher, if she doesn't destroy the figure with her leaving engagement attack, they can roll for leaving engagement (which doesn't make it stealth bike though, which is why the opponent couldn't attack her in 1st place). I could easily see her being in the 120-140 range when all is said and done with stats and powers, hopefully not 200 when done- I believe that is what Piper was thinking anyway.

Will get a comparison picture soon with Eltahale's head and Samurai sword.

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:25 pm

OK, Stealth Drive By sounds better. I am rewording a few things . . . this makes it a tough decision whether or not to use it. I likey. We could make the leaving engagement attack optional by inserting "may" instead of "must".

STEALTH DRIVE BY
    Agent Jones is never attacked when leaving an engagement, but must make a leaving engagement attack by rolling one die. If a skull is rolled, the engaged figure receives one wound. If a skull is not rolled Agent Jones receives one wound and her movement ends. Agent Jones may not use her normal attack and Stealth Drive By in the same turn. She may not attack the same figure more than once per turn when using Stealth Drive By.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:42 am

STEALTH DRIVE BY
    Agent Jones is never attacked when leaving an engagement, but (or and) may make a leaving engagement attack by rolling one die. If a skull is rolled, the engaged figure receives one wound. If a skull is not rolled blank is rolled Agent Jones receives one wound and her movement ends. Agent Jones may not use her normal attack and Stealth Drive By in the same turn. She may not attack the same figure more than once per turn when using Stealth Drive By.

If we went this route we would have to clarify the use of 2nd addition dice like Kyrlin, which I am okay with.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:44 pm

Derek S wrote:STEALTH DRIVE BY
    Agent Jones is never attacked when leaving an engagement, but (or and) may make a leaving engagement attack by rolling one die. If a skull is rolled, the engaged figure receives one wound. If a skull is not rolled blank is rolled Agent Jones receives one wound and her movement ends. Agent Jones may not use her normal attack and Stealth Drive By in the same turn. She may not attack the same figure more than once per turn when using Stealth Drive By.

If we went this route we would have to clarify the use of 2nd addition dice like Kyrlin, which I am okay with.

I think calling it a leaving engagement attack will cause some confusion.  How about making it a Special Attack instead, and changing from "Stealth" to Side Swipe?

SIDE SWIPE SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range: 1 Attack: 1
    At any point during her movement, Agent Jones may use Side Swip Special Attack.  Opponent's figures may not roll defense against Side Swipe Special Attack.  If Agent Jones rolls a blank when attacking, she receives one wound and her movement ends.  Agent Jones may attack up to three times with Side Swipe Special Attack but may not attack the same figure more than once in a single turn.

You can give her DISENGAGE so that she is not taking leaving engagement attacks when she uses this Special Attack.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:20 pm