Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

5 posters

W3 Gald'rabok - Ice Demon - released

Nomad
    Nomad

W3 Gald'rabok - Ice Demon - released - Page 2 Empty Re: W3 Gald'rabok - Ice Demon - released

Post  Nomad Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:54 am

If you see Gald'rabok as Valkrill, that switch on the card won't take me more than 10-15 minutes now that I know what I'm doing. I think that this character fits in with Valkrill nicely and with the back story of Uvall's discovery . . . let me know, and the switch can be done. I kind of feel after playing with Galdy and now that he bonds with the Death Knights that Valkrill would be better.

The question is begging, though. Who are these other sorcerers alluded to in the bio?
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W3 Gald'rabok - Ice Demon - released - Page 2 Empty Re: W3 Gald'rabok - Ice Demon - released

Post  Lord Kai Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:42 am

Nomad wrote:If you see Gald'rabok as Valkrill, that switch on the card won't take me more than 10-15 minutes now that I know what I'm doing. I think that this character fits in with Valkrill nicely and with the back story of Uvall's discovery . . . let me know, and the switch can be done. I kind of feel after playing with Galdy and now that he bonds with the Death Knights that Valkrill would be better.

The question is begging, though. Who are these other sorcerers alluded to in the bio?

If switching to Valkrill isn't a big hassle, then YES - please - let's switch him out. Valkrill probably does make sense since all Demons are in that faction.

And other sorcerers ... hmmm maybe Wave 5? : P
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:25 am

W3 Gald'rabok - Ice Demon - released - Page 2 GaldrabokValkrillNWHC

W3 Gald'rabok - Ice Demon - released - Page 2 GaldrabokValkrillBasicNWHC
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:38 pm

Ooooh, looks good!
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:56 am

definitely like Valkrill better. Who would be effected if Snow and Ice movement was dropped? Just because you can move fast on snow doesn't mean you would be imune to an ice attack. Just a thought.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:35 am

Damon wrote:A couple of tweaks with the language, but adding the other powers means that Galdy, Greater Ice, Ice Troll, and Dzu-Teh can't be wounded when attacked by the Ice Storm, but they can still be targeted.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:43 am

Just the snow and ice movement is just the Dzu teh and microcorp troopers. Too bad the microcorp are involved in this power in my opinion.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:13 pm

I didn't catch the Microcorp Troopers - good point.

How about

ICE STORM SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range 5. Attack 3.
    Choose a figure to attack or choose Gald'rabok. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Ice Storm Special Attack. Gald'rabok only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Figures with the Cold Healing, Cold Regenerate, Snow Strength, or Glacier Camouflage take no wounds when attacked by Ice Storm Special Attack.

This means Galdy, Greater Ice, Ice Troll, Dzu-Teh, and Nerak can't be wounded when attacked by the Ice Storm, but they can still be targeted.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:12 pm

Kai, I'm not sure you noticed the suggested changes to Galdy's Special Attack, but if it meets your approval, I say that Galdy is ready for release.

The OP needs to be updated with the most recent and the bio added there. Plus, we need to get the Book done.

I've redone Galdy's card with the suggested changes and improved the fogging around the images. Please triple check for errors and things that can be improved.

W3 Gald'rabok - Ice Demon - released - Page 2 GaldrabokValkrill.NWHC

W3 Gald'rabok - Ice Demon - released - Page 2 GaldrabokValkrill.Basic.NWHC
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:45 pm

The Book of Gald’rabok

NWHC WAVE 3- ?

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered
    -Shadow Slayers of Kresnik: Study of the Dark Arts

As a Demon figure, Gald’rabok never receives, height, terrain, or special power bonuses when attacking or defending against a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik.

Synergy Benefits Received
    -Morgoloth: Demon Leadership

As a Demon, Gald’rabok may receive Morgoloth’s DEMON LEADERSHIP movement bonus.
    -Skull Demon: Valkrill Attack Aura
    As a figure that follows Valkrill with a range of 1, Gald’rabok may receive a Skull Demon’s VALKRILL ATTACK AURA attack bonus.
    -Chela: Miasma Cloud
    As a Demon, Gald’rabok is not affected by Chela’s MIASMA CLOUD move, attack, and defense restrictions.
    Death Knights: Unholy bonding
    As a small, medium, or large Relentless figure, Gald'rabok may be activated with the Death Knights UNHOLY BONDING.

Synergy Imposed
    -Shadow Slayers of Kresnik: Study of the Dark Arts

As a Demon figure, Gald’rabok never receives, height, terrain, or special power bonuses when attacking or defending against a Shadow Slayer of Kresnik.

Last edited by Derek S on Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:39 pm

Also, he bonds with the Death Knights:

RELENTLESS HEROES : UNHOLY BONDING : As Small, Medium, or Large heroes with "Relentless" personalities, the following units may benefit from the Death Knights of Valkrill's UNHOLY BONDING activation synergy:
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:03 am

Thanks Kai, I think I missed this for Uvall as well.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:26 pm

Gald'rabok: OP updated in new format for final posting.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:55 am

Thanks for updating the OP! A few changes?

General: Valkrill

ICE STORM SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range 5. Attack 3.
    Choose a figure to attack or chose Gald'rabok. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Ice Storm Special Attack. Gald'rabok only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Figures with the Cold Healing, Cold Regenerate, Snow Strength, or Glacier Camouflage Special Powers take no wounds when attacked by Ice Storm Special Attack.

Cold Healing is the same power name as listed on the Greater Ice Elemental, but this version has the Glacier Mountain added in. We either need a new name for the power or drop the next to a Glacier Mountain part (which would be my suggestion - I haven't seen a map with glacier mountains and no snow or ice).

COLD HEALING
    After taking a turn with Gald'rabok, if it is on at least one snow or ice space, remove 1 Wound Marker from this Army Card.

Here is an updated card with my suggestions:

W3 Gald'rabok - Ice Demon - released - Page 2 Galdrabok.NWHC

W3 Gald'rabok - Ice Demon - released - Page 2 Galdrabok.Basic.NWHC

Bio looks good to me.

EDIT: Galdy's bio should read "on Valhalla" instead of "in Valhalla." Sorry to be a nit-picker. No offense intended - I just enjoy the investigation. I found a couple more bios that used "on Valhalla."

Last edited by Nomad on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:20 am

Changed the OP with the language you recommended. Okay to drop Glacier mountains from Cold Healing for consistency.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:31 am

Gald'rabok has been released on Heroscapers.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:56 am