Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

W5 - Kapta Jorn - Mariedian Unique Hero - Final

Nomad
    Nomad

W5 - Kapta Jorn - Mariedian Unique Hero - Final - Page 2 Empty Re: W5 - Kapta Jorn - Mariedian Unique Hero - Final

Post  Nomad Tue May 19, 2020 8:09 pm

They have already found a different version of Cable to use. I am OK if they use the other version, although it doesn't quite fit Kapta Jorn like the version Kai picked out.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W5 - Kapta Jorn - Mariedian Unique Hero - Final - Page 2 Empty Re: W5 - Kapta Jorn - Mariedian Unique Hero - Final

Post  Lord Kai Wed May 20, 2020 1:21 pm

Nomad wrote:yes - a very big hit! Kai, they want Kapta Jorn nominated for SoV. Let's come up with a bio and I will nominate him.

What!? Probably shouldn't put my name on it as Capsocrates doesn't really like me : P and I hold a grudge.

But sure, I can write up something if you want. I've noticed that SoV Bios are pretty lean (a few sentences) so I'll just have to contain myself.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Wed May 20, 2020 1:29 pm

Nomad wrote:They have already found a different version of Cable to use. I am OK if they use the other version, although it doesn't quite fit Kapta Jorn like the version Kai picked out.

Hopefully they are not picking a bright Yellow suited "X-Men" version : ) It is like $1 but doesn't quite fight the colors of a guerilla fighter : P

I think we submit with the figure we have on the card and then suggest alternative sculpts. I don't think $5 is that bad for a figure these days.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Wed May 20, 2020 1:31 pm

Also do we have a figure for Derek?

There are 2 at Troll and Toad for about $3 each. I can pick them up if we need a copy for us : P

https://www.trollandtoad.com/heroclix/marvel-avengers-vs-x-men-storyline/cable-101-avengers-vs-x-men-op-kit-marvel-heroclix/1064526
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu May 21, 2020 12:37 am

Derek has a figure. They are looking at the blue version with yellow stripes. I don't care for it. Derek is looking for other options. I agree that whatever they choose should be an alternate sculpt. A brief bio would be great. The whole concept of Jorn being partially soulborged and his techno hatred was very cool. Great to hear from you!
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu May 21, 2020 9:20 am

I will post a few options when done looking
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu May 21, 2020 11:33 pm

W5 - Kapta Jorn - Mariedian Unique Hero - Final - Page 2 143363
    least favorite of the 3
    W5 - Kapta Jorn - Mariedian Unique Hero - Final - Page 2 1149770
    favorite of the 3 other than the mask
    W5 - Kapta Jorn - Mariedian Unique Hero - Final - Page 2 1111830
    okay but out of stock at Troll and toad

I havent looked through star wars to see if any fitting minis.  will see how many of others are available.

Troll and toad has 2 of original, csi has 7, 10 at least on ebay (2 sellers didn't list quantity available.) There are other sites out there I didn't look up but 19 here alone, I think they want like 50 total- might be worth a little more searching and sticking with original sculpt?
    t &t has 4 winter soldier.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun May 24, 2020 11:52 am

W5 - Kapta Jorn - Mariedian Unique Hero - Final - Page 2 1111762

And this is the one Superfrog was thinking about. I don't like the yellow - not Mariedian enough. Superfrog says there are still 60+ of these floating around.

I propose that we nominate with the sculpt Kai originally chose and then provide alternate sculpts - this one (with a paint job) and the last one in Derek's list. I didn't really care for the masked Winter Soldier.

Thoughts?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon May 25, 2020 1:03 am

Sounds good. For the original there was 1 seller that claimed 800 available and let me get to the paying part (like $8,000), so might be good on original. It was a reputable seller so....
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon May 25, 2020 1:19 pm

Can you post the website that has 800 available?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon May 25, 2020 1:56 pm

I will have to look back. It was either through eBay or amazon if I can remember right. Will look in a while
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue May 26, 2020 11:03 am

www.preksa.com, and Tophobbiessell.xyz are the 2 sites where I was able to add at least 20 into cart.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:26 am