Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

4 posters

W3 Michael Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W3 Michael Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released Empty W3 Michael Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released

Post  Lord Kai Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:44 pm

MICHAEL DAVION
    NWHC Wave ? – Wave Title - Pack Title

W3 Michael Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released MichaelDavion.NWHC
    W3 Michael Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released MichaelDavion.Basic.NWHC

PDF DOWNLOAD, front
    PDF DOWNLOAD, back

Figure:  Heroclix, LOTR Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies 010 Thranduil

General: Ullar
    Planet:  Davion

Species: Human
    Unique Hero
    Class: Protector
    Personality: Inspiring
    MEDIUM 5

Life: 5
    Move: 5
    Range: 1
    Attack: 4
    Defense: 4

Special Powers
    TELEPORTING STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range: 1  Attack: 4
    If Michael Davion moved normally this turn you may use Teleporting Strike Special Attack.  After attacking normally, choose a figure within 3 spaces of Michael Davion.  Place Michael Davion on any unoccupied space adjacent to the chosen figure and you may attack that figure with Teleporting Strike Special Attack.

DISENGAGE
    Michael Davion is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

DIMENSIONAL LEAP
    Instead of moving Michael Davion normally, you may choose any unoccupied space that is within 6 spaces or a space adjacent to a Protector you control within 10 clear sight spaces.  Place Michael Davion on the chosen space.  

Character Bio:
    An elite band of warriors, these enchanted knights hail not from a planet but from a mystical realm outside of Earth's material plane.  Davion was just one of many diverse domains that was created thousands of years ago by powerful mages.  These ethereal domains had magically forged atmosphere and gravity and they were only accessible through hidden gateways.  These portals allowed the Davions to travel between worlds.  The largest portals could act as a bridge from one realm to another for a few hundred people or supplies.  But most were small, secret passages only large enough for a few to travel together.

To the outside world, the Davions were sometimes labeled aliens or witches or even gods.  But in truth, they are a magically gifted people not much different than Earthlings.  Most Davions have a talent for infusing magic into items such as tools or weapons to strengthen or sharpen them.  Because of this, the armor and shields of the Guardians are lighter and stronger than they appear.

For more than an Age, the benevolent Davions would transverse between worlds, often acting as scholars, teachers and protectors.  In their travels, they also learned the ways and culture of many races.  When they returned home, the collected artifacts from their journey would be added to their libraries and chronicled in works of art.

Key amongst the gifts of the Davion people is their ability to temporarily shift their entire body from the material plane into the ‘space in between.’  Most witnesses see this as a form of teleportation, where the Guardian simply vanishes and returns moments later in a new location.  In actuality, the Guardian opens a ‘door’ into an ethereal plane, slips inside for a few moments to traverses the distance there, and reappears in the new location back in the material world.  With the ability to create these dimensional doors, the Guardians can seemingly walk through walls, appear and disappear on the battlefield, and if timed correctly, avoid attacks altogether.

There are less than five hundred members of the House of Davion.  All have some minor magical talents like the Guardians, but a small number of the most gifted are elected to a governing council.  The twin siblings, Michael and Alyssa, are intrepid soldiers that serve the council as explorers.  Both Michael and Alyssa have shown a greater mastery of dimensional travel, allowing them to travel greater distances than most Guardians.  

Michael has honed his abilities and coupled them with his expertise at swordsmanship.  He will engage an opponent in combat and then suddenly disappear – reappearing in moments to either attack the same target from behind or launching a new assault on an unsuspecting foe a few yards away.

A skilled warrior herself, Alyssa can cross blades with equal vigor.  However, Alyssa is one of the rare dimensional navigators of Davion.  Navigators can open doorways that allow others to travel with them (even those not born with the magical heritage of the House).  When she finds the right doorway, Alyssa can take as many as two travelers with her.  In this role, Alyssa can reinforce a battlefront, or assist in a rapid withdraw.

While traveling through worlds, Michael, Alyssa, and several companies of Guardians, fell through a portal into Valhalla.  They encountered forces of Utgar and would have been captured if it were not for the intervention of Elves from Ashra and Aubria.  The Davion guards were brought before Ullar to share their tale as well as to hear what dangers lie in Valhalla.  The General promised to share his wealth of knowledge about other realms with the Davions in exchange for their aid in the fight against Utgar’s villainous army.  Michael and Alyssa agreed to the alliance, giving Ullar new allies in the Battle of All Time.

The Book of Michael Davion

NWHC WAVE 3- ?

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered
    -Protector: Dimensional Leap

Being a Protector, Michael Davion may aid figures with the DIMENSIONAL LEAP placement power.  Figures with the DIMENSIONAL  LEAP power include Alyssa Davion.
    -Zogross Hardscale: Tribal Protection
    Being a Protector that follows Ullar, Michael Davion prevents an engaged figure from attacking Zogross Hardscale.
    Ebon Armor: Animated Materiel/Eternal War
    Being a Unique Human Hero or Squad figure, if an Ebon Armor figure is destroyed you may place that Ebon Armor on Alyssa Davion's Card. If Alyssa Davion is destroyed by a normal or special attack, or by a leaving engagement attack, you may replace Alyssa Davion with that Ebon Armor on the battlefield.

Synergy Benefits Received
    -Acolarh: Ullars Amulet

Being a figure that follows Ullar, Michael Davion may benefit from Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus.
    -Aristeos: Nature’s Aura
    Being a figure that follows Ullar, Michael Davion may benefit from Aristeos defense Aura.
    -Protector’s: Dimensional Leap
    A figure with the class of Protector may aid Michael Davion with his DIMENSIONAL LEAP placement power.  Figures with the class of Protector include: Alyssa Davion, Guardians of Davion, Armoc Vipers, Protectors of Ullar, Tawarthion, Aristeos.

Synergy Imposed

Last edited by Lord Kai on Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:18 pm; edited 13 times in total (Reason for editing : Changes to the wording on Teleporting Strike - now it is a normal attack followed by a special attack)
    Derek S
    Derek S

W3 Michael Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released Empty Re: W3 Michael Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released

Post  Derek S Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:08 pm

Range: 1 Attack: 4
    If Michael Davion did not use Dimensional Leap this turn, you may attack with Teleporting Strike. Once per turn after attacking with Teleporting Strike Special Attack you may chose any space that is within 3 spaces of Michael Davion. Place Michael Davion on the chosen space and if he is engaged he may immediately attack with Teleporting Strike.

So I am pretty sure the intent is 2 special attacks of 4. What do you think of this wording and minor change of first movement.

Dimensional Strike Special Attack

Choose an empty space within 3 spaces of Michael Davion. Place Michael Davion on the chosen space. If he is engaged he may immediately attack with Dimensional Strike. When Michael Davion uses Dimensional Strike Special attack, he may use it one additional time.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W3 Michael Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released Empty Re: W3 Michael Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released

Post  Lord Kai Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:18 pm

Updated OP.

Dropped Defense from 5 to 4.
    Changed Teleporting Strike to a normal attack then special attack.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:52 am

I edited the spaces after the period to one space instead of two and changed the Range/Attack for the special to have the same format as the other cards. How does this look?

DIMENSIONAL LEAP
    Instead of moving Michael Davion normally, you may choose any unoccupied space that is within 6 spaces or a space adjacent to a Protector you control within clear sight. Place Michael Davion on the chosen space.

TELEPORTING STRIKE
    SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range 1. Attack 4.
    If Michael Davion moved normally this turn you may use Teleporting Strike Special Attack. After attacking normally, choose a figure within 3 spaces of Michael Davion. Place Michael Davion on any unoccupied space adjacent to the chosen figure and attack with Teleporting Strike Special Attack.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:55 pm

Updated OP with correct format
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:52 pm

First attempt on the card . . .

W3 Michael Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released MichaelDavionNWHC

W3 Michael Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released MichaelDavionBasicNWHC
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:18 pm

Derek and I got a play test in with Michael and the Davions. For a fuller report, please see the Guardians or Alyssa's thread.

Grimnak chomped Michael with a 19 roll on his first move out of the start zone. INCONCLUSIVE for all points of discussion.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:13 pm

I feel like Michael is good to go after a 10+ play tests.

I vote we move him to final editing.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:21 pm

Awesome! Thank you!
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:31 pm

Hearing no objections, here is my stab at finalizing the wording . . . I just edited the attack/range of the special attack to match the formatting of other cards, got rid of extra spaces, and . . . my wondering is below in red.

MICHAEL DAVION

Figure: Heroclix, Marvel Thor The Dark World Movie Gravity Feed, FANDRAL #011

General: Ullar
    Planet: Davion

Species: Human
    Unique Hero
    Class: Protector
    Personality: Inspiring
    Size: Medium 5

Life: 5
    Move: 5
    Range: 1
    Attack: 4
    Defense: 4

DISENGAGE
    Michael Davion is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

DIMENSIONAL LEAP
    Instead of moving Michael Davion normally, you may choose any unoccupied space that is within 6 spaces or a space adjacent to a Protector you control within 10 clear sight spaces. Place Michael Davion on the chosen space.

Range 1. Attack 4.
    If Michael Davion moved normally this turn you may use Teleporting Strike Special Attack. After attacking normally, choose a figure within 3 spaces of Michael Davion. Place Michael Davion on any unoccupied space adjacent to the chosen figure and attack with Teleporting Strike Special Attack.

Just so that I'm clear and it is official in our transcript (so that we can add it to the Q and A on Heroscapers) . . . Michael must be able to do his normal attack first before being able to use the special attack, right?
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:46 am

Nomad wrote:Hearing no objections, here is my stab at finalizing the wording . . . I just edited the attack/range of the special attack to match the formatting of other cards, got rid of extra spaces, and . . . my wondering is below in red.

Just so that I'm clear and it is official in our transcript (so that we can add it to the Q and A on Heroscapers) . . . Michael must be able to do his normal attack first before being able to use the special attack, right?

Right ... Normal attack then Special Attack.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:17 am

Here is my attempt at the final card. I increased the size of the figure and rearranged the powers to match Heroscape formats.

Input requested.

W3 Michael Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released MichaelDavion1NWHC

W3 Michael Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released MichaelDavion1BasicNWHC
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:07 am

Wow! Looks really good ... guess I need to start writing up those Bio's : P
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:56 pm

DIMENSIONAL LEAP
    Instead of moving Michael Davion normally, you may choose any unoccupied space that is within 6 spaces or a space adjacent to a Protector you control within 10 clear sight spaces. Place Michael Davion on the chosen space.

to

DIMENSIONAL LEAP
    Instead of moving Michael Davion normally, you may place him on any open space within 6 of his current location or onto a space adjacent to a Protector you control within 10 clear sight spaces.

This matches the wording of Eravan Sunshadow a little more closely and shortens it to boot. Other than that the card looks awesome.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:29 pm

In looking at all of the other cards with similar moves/powers, the language always says "empty space." Empty space means that not only are no figures there, but also that there are no glyphs on the space.

I think Kai intended for Michael to be able to leap onto a glyph, so that would mean "empty" is out.

Either unoccupied or open seems like a good change. Unoccupied means to me that no one else is there. Open to me means that nothing is there. I'll let Kai call this one. The "place on the chosen space" follows Tul-Bak-Ra, who has a similar power. Either way works for me . . . but, here would be my vote for now:

DIMENSIONAL LEAP
    Instead of moving Michael Davion normally, you may place him on any unoccupied space within 6 spaces or onto an unoccupied space adjacent to a Protector you control within 10 clear sight spaces.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:12 am

I've started to see Unoccupied come up on a few C3V cards - like the Varkaanan Quickblades and thought it was cool. I'd like to keep unoccupied if possible.

http://www.heroscapers.com/downloads///ec_tmp/C3V%20Varkaanan%20Quickblades%20-%20PDF.pdf
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:49 pm

Sounds good.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:05 pm

Hi Nomad,
    I saw this figure released this month for LOTR Battle of the Five Armies. I think it is a much more "dynamic" looking figure for Michael Davion. I ordered one to see if it is cool or not.

If it works out - would you be okay with switching the picture?

W3 Michael Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released Heroclix-battle-five-armies-hobbit-thranduil
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:44 pm

What do you mean, switching the picture?

Changing the current Michael Davion figure for this one? Sure. We can always use the current Michael as a future Davion figure, or, we could keep the current one and use this figure as a different Davion to be developed.

I'm having trouble finding this figure. Is he heroclix? I found the game - Battle of Five Armies, but not the figure.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:52 pm

Here is the full description of the figure:

LOTR Hobbit Heroclix Battle of the Five Armies 010 Thranduil

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291293522448?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

He has a much more dynamic pose that the other figure, so I would like to swap it out if that's okay - and I'll pick up 2 more for you and Derek.

He does have a really big cloak .. which I think it always a hit zone these days.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:17 pm

Here is the card with the new figure. Feedback, please.

W3 Michael Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released MichaelDavion-2NWHC

W3 Michael Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released MichaelDavion-2BasicNWHC
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:53 am

I think we can do better with the language, maybe.

DIMENSIONAL LEAP
    Instead of moving Michael Davion normally, you may choose any unoccupied space that is within 6 spaces or a space adjacent to a Protector you control within 10 clear sight spaces.  Place Michael Davion on the chosen space.  
    Instead of moving Michael Davion normally, you may choose an unoccupied space within 6 spaces, or choose an unoccupied space adjacent to a Protector you control within 10 clear sight spaces.  Place Michael Davion on the chosen space.

Range: 1  Attack: 4
    If Michael Davion moved normally this turn you may use Teleporting Strike Special Attack.  After attacking normally, choose a figure within 3 spaces of Michael Davion.  Place Michael Davion on any unoccupied space adjacent to the chosen figure and attack with Teleporting Strike Special Attack.

If Michael Davion did not use Dimensional Leap this turn, you may use Teleporting Dimensional strike Special Attack.  After taking a turn with Michael Davion, you may choose a figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Michael Davion.  Place Michael Davion on an unoccupied space adjacent to the chosen figure and attack that figure with Teleporting Dimensional strike Special Attack.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:11 am

I would prefer to keep the SA as Teleporting instead of Dimensional Strike.  

But cleaning up the language is nice.

Nomad, thanks for going through the trouble of swapping out the figures. He looks much more 'dynamic' of a leader now : P
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Here is Michael's card with improvements. I haven't changed the language on the card yet.

W3 Michael Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released MichaelDavion.NWHC

W3 Michael Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released MichaelDavion.Basic.NWHC
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:56 pm

I am not sure if you 2 like the mentioned changes. But Teleporting Strike should be

to

If Michael Davion moved normally this turn you may use Teleporting Strike Special Attack. After attacking normally, choose a figure within 3 spaces of Michael Davion. Place Michael Davion on any unoccupied space adjacent to the chosen figure and you may attack that with Teleporting Strike Special Attack.

or "you must" attack if you don't want him to be able to do the teleporting without attacking.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:30 pm