Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

W4: Valestrio Scirh - FINAL (Released)

Nomad
    Nomad

W4: Valestrio Scirh - FINAL (Released) - Page 2 Empty Re: W4: Valestrio Scirh - FINAL (Released)

Post  Nomad Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:39 pm

Valerio, Nessa, and the Cultists were victorious over a Nakita and Microcorp build. Valerio played just about right in my opinion. More play tests are in order, but I think his numbers and powers look good at this point.
    Nomad
    Nomad

W4: Valestrio Scirh - FINAL (Released) - Page 2 Empty Re: W4: Valestrio Scirh - FINAL (Released)

Post  Nomad Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:18 pm

Derek fielded Cultists, Nessa, Valestrio against the Groks. Derek indicated that Valestrio is good to go in his opinion. More play tests are in order to see if anything needs to be tweaked, but I think Valestrio is looking pretty good at this point.

The OP stats/powers are current. I'll start thinking about the bio and perhaps start working on the card.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:38 pm

Card for Valestrio . . .

W4: Valestrio Scirh - FINAL (Released) - Page 2 ValestrioScirh.NWHC

W4: Valestrio Scirh - FINAL (Released) - Page 2 Valkrill.Basic.NWHC
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:44 pm

The Cultist cards both look good. Nessa's pic is awesome but wondering if you'd be up for changing the angle on Valestrio's .. maybe a little more forward facing?

I like these two heroes a lot. Been a while since play-testing but I think they help the Cultists quite a lot.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:53 pm

I took about 20 shots of Valestrio, including many face on. The problem with that angle is you can't see the weapon attached to his arm - it just looks like a line and left me wondering "what is that?" I am open to redoing it - maybe a front shot with elevation.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:32 am

Nomad wrote:I took about 20 shots of Valestrio, including many face on. The problem with that angle is you can't see the weapon attached to his arm - it just looks like a line and left me wondering "what is that?" I am open to redoing it - maybe a front shot with elevation.

20 shots?! You are very patient, good sir. Let's leave him as is then .. as this is a good pic for sure : )
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:09 pm

Kai wrote:20 shots?! You are very patient, good sir. Let's leave him as is then .. as this is a good pic for sure : )

Well, half of those 20 were because I couldn't get the right lighting. I will try a frontal shot with more elevation to see if it looks better.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon May 30, 2016 6:36 pm

OP is updated with bio, synergies, etc.

I vote that we move Valestrio out of play-testing to FINAL status.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue May 31, 2016 1:47 am

Agreed.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:20 pm

We need one more vote to make Valestrio final. We've had no tweaks to stats or powers in over a year. After a dozen play-tests, he should be good to go.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:35 pm

I am declaring Valestrio final.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:09 pm

New card attempts . . . please check for errors and esthetics.

W4: Valestrio Scirh - FINAL (Released) - Page 2 ValestrioScirh.3.NWHC

W4: Valestrio Scirh - FINAL (Released) - Page 2 ValestrioScirh.Basic.3.NWHC
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:58 am

Valestrio has been released on Heroscapers - 12/17/2016.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:22 pm

Nomad wrote:Valestrio has been released on Heroscapers - 12/17/2016.

Saw the question from DanieLoche about the naming of the Heroes.  I think it is fine, but wondering if you'd like to drop the Scrih as the last name?  No one is really right/wrong here - since there isn't any details on the Cultists.

I did post this as an explanation of the name : )

There isn't much in the Compendium:

Nhah Scirh

A cult of Icarian dragon-slayers bent on the destruction of
    all dragon-kind.

And there was no Bio added when the Nhah Scirh Cultists were released by C3V.

How about .. the word Nhah is the 'rank' of the cultist - like "member" or 1st rank of the cult of Scirh.

Named cultists - like Valestrio and Nessa are ranked member of the cult.

Nhah = Member / Initiate
    Scirh = Family of Dragon Slayers

Nhah Scirh = Initiate of the Dragon Slayer cult
    Valestrio Scirh = Rector (Leader) of the Dragon Slayer cult
    Nessa Scirh = Doyen (Senior Member) of the Dragon Slayer cult

Of course, just totally making this up. If it is easier, then we can just change to Valestrio and Nessa. What do you think of the stats?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:02 am

That is pretty close to what I was thinking when I came up with the names (Nhah = of the, or belonging to; Scirh = cult of the dragon slayers), but I didn't want to include it in the bio because I didn't want to step on any C3V toes. Since Valestrio and Nessa are important members, they take the name of the cult as their last name. Maybe I will go back in and touch up the bio with the explanation.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:58 pm