Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

? Wizard?- possibility

Derek S
    Derek S

? Wizard?- possibility Empty ? Wizard?- possibility

Post  Derek S Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:18 am

One of the wizards or such (we have a figure for) I want to have the ability to steal special powers or special attacks from the opponent.  Maybe start the game with 2 copy power markers, instead of moving and attacking you may place a mimic power marker on an opponents unique hero, for the duration of the game, ? can utilize that power.  

Any thoughts if this should be pursued?  Too much?
    Nomad
    Nomad

? Wizard?- possibility Empty Re: ? Wizard?- possibility

Post  Nomad Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:37 pm

Would it be just one special power on the chosen army card that they would copy, or all powers?
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:02 pm

Derek S wrote:One of the wizards or such (we have a figure for) I want to have the ability to steal special powers or special attacks from the opponent.  Maybe start the game with 2 copy power markers, instead of moving and attacking you may place a mimic power marker on an opponents unique hero, for the duration of the game, ? can utilize that power.  

Any thoughts if this should be pursued?  Too much?

Probably too powerful.

It would be difficult to determine the point cost for this Wizard. If your opponent has Braxas that they invested 210 points and you get to copy that special power for the duration of the game but you only spent 150 points on the Wizard it is a little unbalanced. Maybe just a temporary usage?

There is also the problem of imagining how a Wizard is copying something like Wrist Rocket special attacks by using magic.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:54 am

The intent was to be one power from a card. I had thought it a little awkward imagining Braxas acid breath as well. Maybe go with Human opponents power, although that still might be tough to cost. Would the fun/counter factor be worth pursuing? I can imagine a magician/wizard that steals from someone, but I might have to think about this for a bit.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:36 pm

Maybe Unique Heroes are too strong in the mind to have their powers copied by this wizard.

Perhaps you could consider copying a power on a common figure? The swing in points wouldn't be nearly as great.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:24 pm