Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

Ursala, Dwarf on Bear

Derek S
    Derek S

Ursala, Dwarf on Bear - Page 2 Empty Re: Ursala, Dwarf on Bear

Post  Derek S Fri May 06, 2022 4:18 pm

Going to update op with some changes. Upping Borvund’s attack to 4. Keeping no leaving engagements for dwarf figures, (maybe friendly fearless?). Also dropping the 2 special attacks and changing to

BEAR MAUL
    SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range 1. Attack 3
    When Borvund attacks with Bear Maul Special Attack, the defending figure rolls 1 less defensive for each skull rolled. If Borvund rolls a skull on every die, the defending figure receives a wound for every skull, and cannot roll any defense dice.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue May 17, 2022 1:21 pm

What do you think of making it just maul, which means no special attack and no defense reduction unless all skulls rolled. Or, keeping bear maul a special with 3 attack but no defense reduction. I am leaning towards maul with a base of 4 attack.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:01 pm

Sorry for not responding.

Drop Bear Charge, check
    Up Attack to 4, check

Regarding Maul or Bear Maul Special Attack - if you went straight Maul like the Deathstalkers, it would need to be three dice, unless we called it Maul 4 or something. It would be more difficult to pull off than the Deathstalker version (1 out of every 16 attacks instead of 1 out of every 8 ). I can go either way.

What have you been most recently testing with?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:11 am

OK, look over the card carefully. Let me know if any corrections are needed.

I vote Borvund final. I feel much more comfortable limiting the attacks given that the Dwarves are already a 4-member squad.

Ursala, Dwarf on Bear - Page 2 Y4m1ooAPQxH0rdtpoPizmI9FDEIh0Y56M-xERB-kMJtLiR6mlC5_LFC5ICsNscpOKLUlPSPDxBxo7digZWQv_7JkMEh-MTqP1O5wCmIznWli1xE6RAjwvgdC0fbY0Ewgtk4TgRRfzkXTGH4KL5Xuhz823sNDoNVz55qsTIgEsRjRjE5mN7TIG1j7MqZ7unck-dC?width=1024&height=961&cropmode=none
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:34 pm

Outside of points ( which are pretty close- maybe a tad high), with the play tests I think pretty much ready. I could see 120-130 being closer to 130.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:44 am

I don't know the right number of points. I haven't play-tested yet, but did do a battle against. Hmm.

I still haven't found my figure. Sad, with wonder.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:57 am

Points at 130 and then she is final I vote. The all friendly dwarves within 5 clear sight spaces part I think we played wrong though, as I think they started within 5 spaces and were outside of aura, and still left engagement. Its only figures within 5 spaces. Do we want to specify opponents figure here? Like

All friendly dwarves may leave engagement with any opponent figures that are within 5 spaces of Borvund who do not have the fearless personality. (wording not right, but get the gest)

or leave as is. I am okay either way.

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu May 04, 2023 9:22 pm

Yes, the opponent's figure should be within 5 spaces - they are the one scared by the big bear.

Trying to reword a bit, may need more effort.

All friendly Dwarves are not attacked when leaving engagement with any opponent figure that is not fearless and within 5 spaces of Borvund.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:07 pm

Friendly dwarf figures are never attacked when leaving engagement with a non-fearless figure within 5 spaces of Borvund.

I think this wording should work for completing this figure.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:45 pm

Friendly Dwarf figures are never attacked when leaving an engagement from a figure that is not Fearless within 5 spaces of Borvund.

Perhaps?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:21 pm