Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

2 posters

Wasp- brainstorming phase.

Derek S
    Derek S

Wasp- brainstorming phase. Empty Wasp- brainstorming phase.

Post  Derek S Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:42 pm

Wasp- brainstorming phase. Pbsk-029

figures used- Pathfinders-Skull & Shackles #29 Giant Wasp
    Planet- Valhalla
    General- Aquilla
    Name- (Wasp)
    Species- Apocrita ? Insect
    Type- Uncommon hero
    Class- Queen
    Personality- Predator
    Size- Large/huge
    Life 4
    Move 7
    Range 1
    Attack 2
    Defense 3
    Pheromone of distress
    After a Wasp within 8 spaces of this Wasp rolls defensive dice, you must move and attack with this Wasp.  If this Wasp attacks the figure that rolled attack dice against the defending Wasp, you may add 1 automatic skull to your attack.

Larvae Host Sting Special attack.  Range 1, attack 3.

If Wasp inflicts a wound with Larvae Host Sting Special attack place 3 yellow sting markers on the defending figure's card.  Every time that figure takes a turn remove 1 yellow sting marker.  When that figure has no yellow sting markers on its card destroy this Wasp and the Larvae Host figure.  Replace the Larvae Host figure with this Wasp.

Flying

Last edited by Derek S on Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    Derek S
    Derek S

Wasp- brainstorming phase. Empty Re: Wasp- brainstorming phase.

Post  Derek S Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:44 pm

Pretty rough but wanted to get my thoughts down. Not real interested on moving on this figure for a bit.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:53 pm

Planet- Valhalla
    General- Aquilla
    Name- (Wasp)
    Species- Apocrita ? I would keep him as an Insect, the same as Sujoah.
    Type- Uncommon hero - I would make the Queen a Unique Hero . . . there is only one Queen after all.
    Class- Queen
    Personality- Predator
    Size- Large/huge Looks huge to me, but it can fit on a single base.
    Life 4
    Move 7
    Range 1
    Attack 2
    Defense 3
    Points - it would be good to have a Predator in the mid range of points . . . Sujoah and Quohan are 185/190. Wyvern are 100. Maybe 140 if unique or 70-ish if uncommon. How expensive are the figures?

I will look at the powers later. Great start!
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:02 pm

I am hoping to eventually find a suitable figure/s for a squad. This figure I have seen anywhere from $4 to $9, usually about $5.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:07 pm

We got a bunch of those Safari bees for C3G.

But . . . I would prefer if this were a unique. As a predator, I like the bonding with the fyorlag spiders. Not too sure about more common squad insects . . . unless they are the bees from C3G, which I have never rebased or used yet.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:57 am

Thanks for the input. I haven't put much thought here. I like the insect for species and will change the OP. She easily fits on the small impact miniature bases- you can check out your figure if needed.

Part of the reason I want to keep the Wasp on hold is because of the Fire Ants. If we just wait and see with the SOV and what they decide I am a little less interested in keeping her a Queen. If we go ahead with our Fire Ants then I would want to keep her a Queen for the bonding, and a predator for the bonding with the spiders. Uncommon/Unique depends a lot on this as well.

I like the bees for C3G but part of the interest in the Wasps for me comes from the Heroscape story line and books, and those are bees not wasps. I don't want to stretch anything but wouldn't mind finding a wasp squad if one falls in the lap, otherwise this might be the only Wasp created which would push it in the Uncommon direction per the story line.

Ultimately this is a pretty open design and I am curious to see where it ends, either quickly or slowly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:29 pm