Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

4 posters

Wave 3 - Ascent of the Goblins - FINAL

Nomad
    Nomad

Wave 3 - Ascent of the Goblins - FINAL Empty Wave 3 - Ascent of the Goblins - FINAL

Post  Nomad Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:37 pm

I know, we haven't finalized Wave 2 yet, but Wave 3 shouldn't be too far behind . . .

Pack 1 - Unique Bad Guys
    Commander Kaelix (Kai)
    Orc Warboss (Damon)
    Doggin Trackers (Derek)

Pack 2 - Unique Good Guys
    Alyssa Davion (Kai)
    Michael Davion (Kai)
    Wardens of the Wood (Kai)

Pack 3 - Common Squads
    Guardians of Davion (Kai)
    Goblin Slashers (Derek)

Pack 4 - Varied Uniques
    Konrad Von Bramgur (Derek)
    Vindicators of Vydar (Damon)
    Gald'Rabok (Kai)

We still have a lot left on the table, but I think we have made pretty good progress on most of these. What do you think?

Others still in consideration (I'm sure I missed some):

Large Unique Minotaur Hero (Derek)
    Wasp (Derek)
    Djinni (Derek)
    Kronan (Kai)
    Purple Horned Demon (Kai)
    Primadon Warwitch (Toog - but he hasn't been on since Jan 4, so we need to take over if desired)
    Tawarthion - Primordial of the Forest (Kai)
    Red Lioness (Damon)
    Red Lioness, mounted (Damon)
    Nhar Scar hero #1 (Damon)
    Nhar Scar hero #2 (Damon)
    Cathar Calvary - uniques, heros, to be determined (Damon)
    War Troll (Kai)
    Severian (Damon)
    Severian mounted (Damon)
    Thurbard (Damon)
    Forge Unique Hero (Derek)
    Minions of Utgar - (Barbarians) remod/repaint (Kai)
    Frostwolf (Kai)
    Wizard - Temple of the West (Kai)
    Marro Abomination (originally Kai, but Damon will take this one)
    Malcar - Troll Champion (originally Kai, but I think we would all like to take this one)
    Sudema help (Derek)
    Mohican Shaman (Kai)
    Hush conversion (Kai)
    Samurai/Wolf of Badru mod/repaint (Kai)
    Unique Gnoll Archer mentioned in a Gnoll thread (Kai)
    Repainted Drow wizard - Erevan Sunshadow (Kai)
    UNA Jam Unique Hero (Kai)
    Airborne Elite Repaints - Unique squads with a general/commander (Damon and Derek)
    Tarn Viking Common Squad Repaints (Damon and Derek)
    Purple Beak-faced Dragon (Damon)

Last edited by Nomad on Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Wave 3 - Ascent of the Goblins - FINAL Empty Re: Wave 3 - Ascent of the Goblins - FINAL

Post  Lord Kai Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:01 pm

Pack 1 - Unique Bad Guys
    Commander Kaelix (Kai)
    * He needs some play-testing by the Schafte's to get his stats/points right (probably should be 120 instead of 100) but I think he's pretty close.

Alyssa Davion (Kai)
    Michael Davion (Kai)

* The Davion army is pretty neat but needs some play-testing/balancing.  They should probably be 110 instead of 95 to play like the Kyrie squads.  Alyssa's boost needs to be strong but not 'broken.'  

* Probably at Final Editing stage

Pack 3 - Common Squads
    * see above

Pack 4 - Varied Uniques
    Gald'Rabok (Kai)
    * None of his powers are ground-breaking, just combos from existing 'Scape figures so I think he'll fly through play-testing.  Depends on whether he bonds with Death Knights or Death Chasers or maybe even Arrow Gruts.

Others still in consideration (I'm sure I missed some):

My Priorities:

Kronan (Kai)
    * could be the Earth Primordial (which is what I bought him for originally), so I'll likely throw out the stats that I posted earlier

Tawarthion - Primordial of the Forest (Kai)
    * love this figures just need to get a set of stats/powers that I like, and that help the Sylvan Animae without being too broken.

Purple Horned Demon (Kai)
    * I really like this figure and would like to add to the Demon faction (maybe along with Gald'rabok) as a Unique Hero.  I'll likely come up with different stats than originally posted
    Derek S
    Derek S

Wave 3 - Ascent of the Goblins - FINAL Empty Re: Wave 3 - Ascent of the Goblins - FINAL

Post  Derek S Tue May 06, 2014 10:06 pm

I still wouldn't mind doing a 2.5 release a few months after our wave 2 is done with the Wardens, Vindicators, and Doggin to keep a little interest going in between releases, as I have a feeling it might take a little longer to get done with Wave 3 than Wave 2 took.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:06 pm

I think we are closer to having wave 3 done than we were with wave 2 after we finished wave 1. I think we are actually pretty close, comparatively. A fall release would look pretty likely.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:22 am

Here are my latest thoughts about Wave 3 based on your input - let me know what you think.

Wave 2.5

Wave 3

Pack 1 - Unique Bad Guys
    Commander Kaelix (Kai)
    Scarnak (Damon)
    Zard Manstabber (Derek)
    Runk Battlesinger (Derek)
    Gald'Rabok (Kai)

Alyssa Davion (Kai)
    Michael Davion (Kai)
    Tawarthion (Kai)
    Kronan (Kai)

Pack 3 - Common Squads/Heroes
    Goblin Slashers (Derek)
    Goblin Dog Rider (Derek)

Pack 4 - Vydar Uniques
    Doggin Trackers (Derek)
    Vindicators of Vydar (Damon)

This is just my thoughts - let us know what you think. I'm totally open.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:10 am

Sounds pretty good Damon.

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:16 pm

Here are my latest thoughts about Wave 3 based on your input - let me know what you think.

Wave 2.5
    Wardens of the Wood (Kai) -- these guys are looking good, need a Bio

Wave 3

Pack 1 - Unique Bad Guys
    Commander Kaelix (Kai) -- he is looking good, needs a Bio and finalization of Points
    Scarnak (Damon)
    Zard Manstabber (Derek)

Runk Battlesinger (Derek)
    Gald'Rabok (Kai) -- bonding with the Death Knights is cool now, need a Bio and finalization of Points

Alyssa Davion (Kai) -- needs more play-testing and decisions on her Dimensional Navigation power.  
    Michael Davion (Kai) -- fairly solid, needs a Bio and a little more testing
    Tawarthion (Kai) -- grrrh, need to work on this guy for sure.  Play-testing and power selection.
    Kronan (Kai) -- great figure but no real stats yet as an Earth Primodrial.  Needs brainstorming and development

Guardians of Davion (Kai) -- they are a solid squad, need a Bio and to figure out their Heroes
    Goblin Slashers (Derek)
    Goblin Dog Rider (Derek)

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:38 pm

Do we have a target date for the Release of Wave 2.5 and Wave 3?

Perhaps a Mid-October date so that it can arrive in time for National Heroscape Day?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:14 pm

When is the third Warden of the Wood going to be released? I saw that it is pre-order only right now.

We have a lot of play testing to do. Some of figures are still in brainstorming stage. And we need to do final editing on most all of them.

I have the basics of most of the cards done - I just need to get pics and do the editing on them - about 30-40 minutes per figure.

If we want to make it before October, then I think we should devote our attention to the figures we plan on releasing.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Nomad wrote:When is the third Warden of the Wood going to be released? I saw that it is pre-order only right now.

We have a lot of play testing to do. Some of figures are still in brainstorming stage. And we need to do final editing on most all of them.

I have the basics of most of the cards done - I just need to get pics and do the editing on them - about 30-40 minutes per figure.

If we want to make it before October, then I think we should devote our attention to the figures we plan on releasing.

No pressure if October is too soon for a Release.

Yeah, I know that I posted a whole bunch of custom ideas, so I wanted to make sure that if we are trying for a Release soon that I focus my energy in the right place(s).

I have been trying to find the release date for the 3rd Warden .. but am not having luck. We can always go back to repainted Sharwin.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:37 am

With as busy as I have been I haven't had much of a chance to contemplate most of the newer suggestions or playtest some of the older ones. I still think there is fair amount of work and playtesting to be done on the proposed releases. We could focus our efforts there or we can just let them finish naturally. I am good either way, but really don't want to put a deadline on finishing things up as I think things might get rushed through and it might start feeling like work rather than fun- although it would be awesome to get it done by October.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:46 pm

Here is where I think we are at with each figure. We can move the Wardens to 3.5 to wait on the 3rd druid if we need to. Most all figures need bios. I agree with Derek, I don't want to create pressing work for us. Let's let it roll it out when it does. Any one have an idea for a theme for this wave?

Wave 3
    Pack 1 - Unique Bad Guys
    Commander Kaelix (Kai) #35 - final editing, and maybe Derek needs to play test.
    Skerak (Damon) #40 - still in the brainstorming
    Zard Manstabber (Derek) #42 - some play testing done
    Runk Battlesinger (Derek) #43 - some play testing done
    Gald'Rabok (Kai) #36 - some play testing done

Alyssa Davion (Kai) #47 - still in the brain storming/development
    Michael Davion (Kai) #46 - looks done, needs some more play testing
    Konrad Von Bramgur (Derek) #37 - needs play testing
    Tawarthion (Kai) #34 - current version needs play testing
    Kronan (Kai) #44 - still in the brain storming/development

Guardians of Davion (Kai) #45 - looks done, needs some more play testing
    Goblin Slashers (Derek) #41 - some play testing done
    Goblin Dog Rider (Derek) #44 - some play testing done

Pack 4 - Vydar Uniques
    Doggin Trackers (Derek) #38 - some play testing done
    Vindicators of Vydar (Damon) #39 - current version needs play testing

Wave 3.5
    Wardens of the Wood (Kai) #33 - looks done, just need to get 3rd druid figure
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:45 pm

Sorry guys.

I am going to devout the vast majority of my efforts here on finalizing wave three. With brainstorming, play tests, editing, card changes . . . my comments on prospective new figures might be lacking (especially with the new school year starting).

I really want our product to be top of the line.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:59 pm

OK - I have posted a bunch in the threads to keep wave 3 at the forefront. I think most of them are ready to go to final editing.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:49 pm

Nomad wrote:OK  - I have posted a bunch in the threads to keep wave 3 at the forefront. I think most of them are ready to go to final editing.

Cool I will go in as an Admin and update the topic names with W3 if they apply.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:46 pm

Any ideas on the theme for this wave?

I'm updating the status since my last post in August. These are just my opinions. I feel like I've play tested everything enough to consider them all good to go.

Thoughts?

Wave 2.5
    Wardens of the Wood (Kai) #33 - FINAL, just needs a bio.

Wave 3
    Pack 1 - Unique Bad Guys
    Commander Kaelix (Kai) #35 - FINAL?
    Skerak (Damon) #40 - FINAL?
    Zard Manstabber (Derek) #42 - more play testing?
    Runk Battlesinger (Derek) #43 - more play testing?
    Gald'Rabok (Kai) #36 - FINAL?

Alyssa Davion (Kai) #47 - FINAL? needs bio
    Michael Davion (Kai) #46 - FINAL? needs bio
    Konrad Von Bramgur (Derek) #37 - needs some final editing, bio
    Tawarthion (Kai) #34 - FINAL? needs bio
    Kronan (Kai) #44 - FINAL? needs bio

Guardians of Davion (Kai) #45 - FINAL? needs bio
    Goblin Slashers (Derek) #41 - more play testing?
    Goblin Dog Rider (Derek) #44 - more play testing?

Pack 4 - Vydar Uniques
    Doggin Trackers (Derek) #38 - FINAL? needs bio
    Vindicators of Vydar (Damon) #39 - FINAL?

Oh, and I'm considering a major restructuring of the Heroscapers.com thread. Any thoughts on how to organize it better would be appreciated.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:44 am

Not so sure about how to restructure our thread. I'll take a look and think about it.

I'd really like something to go with Wardens of the Wood for wave 2.5, do we want to hold on to them until we have something to go along with them? Or do we want to add to 2.5 later (probably what I think).

Bios look like a big priority. I've PT'd the goblins 5 or 6 times, looks like you both have had your share as well. I am not 100% they are the best they could be, but there is a lot of scape that way, so if we want to move to final editing and the conversation involved, let's do it. Everything else I think we should work through one at a time to make sure we didn't miss any thing (other than bios) and get these bad boys out there.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:29 am

I can work on Bio's later this week .. sorry I'm behind on them.

I think a re-org of the Heroscapers.com OP would be good. We've grown so much that a little more structure would be helpful.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:54 pm

Let's just keep plugging away with them. I'm happy doing the Wardens of the Wood stand alone - it is not like we are really selling them in packs.

Sorry about deleting all of the card pics. I went through all of the wave three cards this weekend to make image improvements, brightening the backgrounds a tad, and scouring the text for errors. I just didn't around to uploading them all. I'll do that soon.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:50 am

For theme, maybe something revolving around Davions and Goblins in a Mountainous area?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:53 pm

Sure - Goblins and Davion are the most numerous figures in the wave. We can do something around the Kyrien Mountains in Bleakwoode.

Goblin Invasion? Goblin Encroachment? Torrent of Goblins? Goblin Breach? Goblin Intrusion? Goblin Plague?

Protectors of Davion? Davion's Defense? Ullar's Strength?

Pack Titles?

Scourge of the Kyrien Mountains
    Heroes of the Kyrien Mountains
    Goblins and Davion
    Recruits of Vydar

Thank you for all of your work on the Books!
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:24 pm

For the restructuring of the Heroscapers.com thread, I'm thinking of doing one post for each figure/unit that would contain all of the info.

The OP would become a list of each figure with a short description (kind of like the book of indexes for classic and C3V) with the link to the post containing all of the info.

I know the hide/show feature is nice, but some mobile devices aren't able to access those, so I was thinking of eliminating those altogether.

Plus, this would make updating the OP and adding new figures/units much, much easier.

Thoughts?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:18 pm

Sounds awesome to me
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:14 pm

Sounds good.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:51 am

How about the Doors of the Davion? Maybe referencing Ullar some how. Like all the pack names but "Goblins and Davion", although it works fine and can't think of anything better. Maybe Vyadar Recruits.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:54 pm