Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

4 posters

Wave 2 Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide. Final

Derek S
    Derek S

Wave 2  Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide.  Final Empty Wave 2 Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide. Final

Post  Derek S Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:52 pm

Heroes                                        
    1.  Darrin Razorbeak (medium)                      
    2.  Marro Abomination (Medium)
    3.  Mistress Isodara (Medium
    4.  "Suds" Merrick (Medium)
    5.  Malcor (Huge) or Gruoark
    6.  Shadow Slayer Hero (medium)
    7.  Drow Wizard (medium)
    8.  Wizard temple of west (medium)
    9.  Ellasar (medium)
    10.  Tawarthian (medium)
    11.  Mohican Shaman (medium)
    12.  Jean de Ascalon (medium)
    13.  Tecer (large)
    14.  Minotaur hero (medium)
    15.  Stenvar (huge)
    16.  Hush (medium)
    17.  Mummy lord (medium)
    18.  Samurai & wolf (medium)
    19.  Primadon Warwitch (medium)
    20.  Pan (medium)
    21.  Le-Orex (medium)

Common Squads
    1.  Pirates (medium)
    2.  Guardians of Vyadar (medium)
    3.  Gnoll raiders (medium)

Common Heroes
    1.  Alpha Prime Enforcers (Medium)

Uncommon Heroes
    1.  Anubian Alpha (medium)
    2.  Frostwolf (large)
    3.  Wasp (large)

Unique Squads
    1. Doggin (Large)
    2. Wardens of the Wood (med)

Last edited by Derek S on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:31 am; edited 5 times in total
    Derek S
    Derek S

Wave 2  Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide.  Final Empty Re: Wave 2 Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide. Final

Post  Derek S Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:01 am

I think some pirates might be coming; a unique squad, a common squad, and a hero. A shadow slayer hero and a mummy to help Sudema. An unique squad of Doggin and some Marro. Plus the other ideas not making the first wave and some newer posts. Looking forward to continuing the process. I'll get some threads started when I have a few minutes together.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Wave 2  Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide.  Final Empty Re: Wave 2 Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide. Final

Post  Lord Kai Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:58 pm

We also have the repaints that I did for the Heroscapers.com contests.  We each have a repainted Abomination that would make a cool Marro, and we have 2 Drow and 2 Samurai & wolf combos.  

Wave 2  Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide.  Final RepaintContest123resize

I'm working on a 4th contest - repainting Minions of Utgar (removing wings and painting flesh tone like barbarians).

Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Cool beans, We have a lot of ideas and fun ahead of us.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:20 am

These are the figures that I'd like to work on for WAVE 2.  I don't have a Common Squad idea ... should I work on that?

Unique Heroes:
    Tawarthion (Primordial - Forest)
    Darrin Razorbeak

Uncommon Heroes:
    Anubian Alpha

Unique Squad:
    Guardians of Vydar

Common Squad:
    tbd

==

I could also resurrect Mistress Isadora and her Enforcers. Would you guys like to put her back in the mix?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:15 pm

Updated the OP with units still out there, let me know if I missed any.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:54 pm

Kai wrote:
    I could also resurrect Mistress Isadora and her Enforcers. Would you guys like to put her back in the mix?
    Yes! Please.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 am

Our we still interested in having Tugwick join the ranks. If so, has he been pm'd with the info yet.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:24 pm

Did you talk to him at the tournament?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:46 pm

Yeah, I mentioned it to him and he said he was interested- had some ideas. I said we would pm him with the info- not sure if this has happened though, or if you all what me to pm him.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:29 pm

Hey Guys,
    Sorry, I have not PM'ed him.  I could send him a message if you like, with links to the site, etc.

Let me know if you want me to ping him, or if someone else will. I'm on business travel Tues/Wed - but I could whip something out by the end of the week.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:25 am

Hopefully to warmer weather Kai. I can do it now if you want, or we can wait until all of wave 1 is complete and then extend the invite. Sooner is OK with me.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:36 pm

Sooner sounds good. It will be good to have Took aboard and Jacob will be a little more active now that X-country is over. I hope we can keep all these potential customs straight.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:22 am

Miniature Market is having a Black Friday sale, and these are pre-painted figures that seem pretty cool. They are also Modern/Ranged figures - so that might be a change from the medieval-magic themes.

Thoughts?

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/dust-tactics-premium-pre-painted-miniatures-the-gunners.html

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ffgdtp044.html

Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:36 pm

I like them, but aren't dust tactics tiny? I plan on doing some painting on the airborne elite (hopefully a christmas present for you and Damon). Also there are some clix I have I'll post when I find them.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Wave 2  Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide.  Final HCUV-018_tnWave 2  Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide.  Final HCUV-021_tnWave 2  Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide.  Final HCCM-12_tn if you all like them. I think I have enough for all of us.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:42 pm

Happy Thanksgiving. You rock Kai, to quote my kids.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:49 pm

Kai, you had mentioned some potential Goblins way back when.  I was able to pick up a bunch pretty reasonably from Strikezone (still need a few of one sculpt) for Damon and myself.  They were from the We be Goblins set.  Wave 2  Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide.  Final Pbwbg-003Wave 2  Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide.  Final Pbwbg-001Wave 2  Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide.  Final Pbwbg-004Wave 2  Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide.  Final Pbwbg-002.  If you want to pursue your earlier ideas.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:06 pm

I'm not familiar with Dust Tactics, or their size.

I'm game for the Goblin common squads now that the price has come down.

Derek, what where you thinking with the Clix figures? Common squad? Do you have their names/set/link?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:44 am

Saw the heroscape post about dust tactics, they look really cool, and very appropriate in size. Great idea Kai. I could have sworn heroscapers had said they were a little small. Looking forward to see what you come up with.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:41 am

Derek S wrote:Kai, you had mentioned some potential Goblins way back when.  I was able to pick up a bunch pretty reasonably from Strikezone (still need a few of one sculpt) for Damon and myself.  They were from the We be Goblins set.  Wave 2  Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide.  Final Pbwbg-003Wave 2  Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide.  Final Pbwbg-001Wave 2  Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide.  Final Pbwbg-004Wave 2  Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide.  Final Pbwbg-002.  If you want to pursue your earlier ideas.
    Cool!  I have 3 sets of those four figures already .. in the original colors.  They are fun, even just as subs for Goblin Cutters : )   but a custom would be neat as well.

I am checking into prizing/availability of some Dust Tactics as well.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:40 pm

What figures do you guys have for the Nhah Scirh Cultists?  

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/gallery/files/1/nhah_scirh_cultists___master_original.jpg

The reason I ask is because I didn't have any of the "Sentinels" (Big Axe) figure before but I picked up a unit box of 6.  The Army Card doesn't show this figure - but I think that Nomad has some with the Sentinel included.  I would consider making an Uncommon Hero out of the Sentinels if you guys have enough Cultists without the Sentinel.

Sentinel:
    http://www.miniaturemarket.com/rkhscel01.html
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:58 pm

Kai wrote:What figures do you guys have for the Nhah Scirh Cultists?

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/gallery/files/1/nhah_scirh_cultists___master_original.jpg

The reason I ask is because I didn't have any of the "Sentinels" (Big Axe) figure before but I picked up a unit box of 6. The Army Card doesn't show this figure - but I think that Nomad has some with the Sentinel included. I would consider making an Uncommon Hero out of the Sentinels if you guys have enough Cultists without the Sentinel.

Sentinel:
    http://www.miniaturemarket.com/rkhscel01.html

Almost all of mine or the Sentinel- if not all.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:15 pm

Cool, I'll skip the Sentinel hero idea then.

Also, I used my Admin option to change the Title of the majority of the posts to include a W1 or W2 (for Wave 1 or Wave 2).

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:53 pm

Now that we are just about done releasing our first wave on HS, it might be time to start considering what our second wave will look like.

These figures seem to be the furthest down the road in terms of having some numbers/powers or even some play testing done:

Tecer, Apeo, Ellesar, Jean de Ascalon, Stenvar, Anubian Alpha, Mistress Isadora, Alpha Prime Enforcer, Pirate Hero "Suds", Barbary Coast Pirates, Tawarthion, Doggin Unique Squad . . . others?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:24 pm