Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

4 posters

Wave 2 Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide. Final

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Wave 2  Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide.  Final - Page 2 Empty Re: Wave 2 Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide. Final

Post  Lord Kai Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:45 pm

Tecer, Apeo, Ellesar, Jean de Ascalon, Stenvar, Anubian Alpha, Mistress Isadora, Alpha Prime Enforcer, Pirate Hero "Suds", Barbary Coast Pirates, Tawarthion, Doggin Unique Squad . . . others?

That's 12 figures at least ... so a great start.

DEREK
    Pirate Hero "Suds"
    Barbary Coast Pirates
    Doggin' Squad
    Tecer
    Apeo

NOMAD
    Stenvar
    Ellesar
    Jean de Ascalon

KAI
    Anubian Alpha
    Mistress Isadora
    Alpha Prime Enforcer
    Tawarthion

If we get Toogwick in the mix, we can add:

TOOGWICK
    Primadon Warwitch (Warlock?)
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Wave 2  Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide.  Final - Page 2 Empty Re: Wave 2 Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide. Final

Post  Lord Kai Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:58 pm

I also think that we need more squads - if we can find them. The (Pathfinder) Goblin squad would be great now that there are more out there.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:14 pm

Possible groupings for NWHC wave 2
    (maybe swap Pan and Darrin Razorbeak and Maybe put Tecer in large expansion and add Primadon Warwitch)

Pack 1
    Darrin Razorbeak
    Apeo
    Tecer
    Tawarthion
    Le Orex

Pack 2
    Pan
    "Suds" Merrick
    Ellassar
    Mistress Isadora
    Jean de Ascalon

Pack 3
    Pirates of the Barbary Coast
    Gnoll Raiders

Pack 4
    Anubian Alpha
    Alpha Prime Enforcer
    Goblins or Guardians of Vyadar

Large Expansion
    Gruoark
    Stenvar
    ?
    ?
    ?

Then for Wave 3
    Pack 1
    Doggin Trackers
    Wardens of the Wood

Pack 2
    ?

Pack 3
    Wasp
    Frostwolf
    Goblins or
    Guardians of Vyadar

Pack 4
    Shadow Slayer Hero
    Primadon Warwitch
    ?
    ?
    ?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:08 pm

We have over 40 heroes/units in various stages (testing the waters, brainstorming, play-testing, final-editing).

We had 17 heroes/units released in our first wave.

I'm proposing that we put together a short list of who we want in our next wave, so that we can focus our play testing and card development over the next couple of months. I don't want to take anything away from the great ideas that have been shared . . . just personally, I need some focus for my limited time.

Here is an exhaustive list of what we have in various stage. Let me know if I missed anything. See the first paragraph for color coding. This is more for me to try to keep track of everything . . .

Unique Heroes
    Apeo
    Tecer
    Stenvar

Kaelx the Enforcer, aka "Alpha Prime Enforcer"
    Jean de Ascalon
    Le-Orex
    Darrin Razorbeak
    Ellessar
    Mistress Isadora
    Suds Merrick

Tawarthion
    Malcor - Troll Champion
    Arceas - Primodon Warwitch
    Aristeos - Satyr

Ice Devil - Dumutef repaint
    Orc Warboss
    Shadow Slayer hero
    Walking Forge
    Earth/Stone Primordial
    Horned Demon - Purple
    DD Savage Minotaur
    UNA Jam Tac-arm
    Repainted Eravan as Drow wizard
    Samurai/Wolf figure combo
    Marro Abomination
    Wizard from Temple of the West
    Hush - Special Agent
    Sudema help figure?
    Mohican Shaman?
    Pirate Quartermaster

Unique Squads:
    Guardians of Vydar
    Doggin Trackers
    Elven Druids

Minions of Utgar repaint/mod

Common Squads
    Gnoll Raiders
    Barbary Corsairs

Goblins
    Xualtiacan Fire Ants
    Guardians of Davion

Common Heroes
    Arrow Gnolls, aka "Dark Rangers" and "Gnoll Rangers"
    Frostwolf

Uncommon Heroes
    Anubian Alpha
    Wasp

I have a number of other ideas for units. Should I wait until we get things cleared up a bit, or go ahead and start some threads with my ideas?

Last edited by Nomad on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:21 am

Unique Heroes:
    Ice Devil - Dumutef repaint - Wave 3  - I have two of these guys now, so I could share one with the Schafte's : P
    Orc Warboss - Wave 3 - I have two of these guys now, so I could share one with the Schafte's : P
    Earth/Stone Primordial - Wave 3 - I only have 1 figure, but this sculpt is out there for about $6/each
    Horned Demon - Purple - Wave 3
    Repainted Eravan as Drow wizard
    Samurai/Wolf figure combo
    Marro Abomination - Wave 3 - I'd like to focus on this Marro Hero of the custom repaints, though I don't need to lead the design
    Hush - Special Agent
    Mohican Shaman?

Unique Squads:
    Elven Druids - Wave 3 - I need to find a good 3rd figure for the squad
    Minions of Utgar repaint/mod ... I think Derek is working on mods for these guys, not sure if they would be Uncommon Heroes or a Squad

Common Squads
    Guardians of Davion - Wave 3, and there will be 1-2 Davion heroes to go with them

Common Heroes
    Frostwolf - this guy was just a fun project idea, I don't have enough to spread around Sad
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:23 pm

Damon wrote:I have a number of other ideas for units. Should I wait until we get things cleared up a bit, or go ahead and start some threads with my ideas?

I wouldn't mind focusing our efforts on Wave 2 stuff to get'r'done. But that don't mean you could get your ideas out there. Here are the units I think we could work on and finish for Wave 2:

Unique Heroes
    Apeo
    Tecer
    Stenvar
    Jean de Ascalon
    Le-Orex
    Darrin Razorback
    Ellasar
    Mistress Isadora
    Suds Merrick
    Tawarthion
    Aristeos - Satyr

Note- Stenvar should be in a large expansion and we need to drop 1 of the unique heroes to get to 10, probably Tawarthian.

Unique Squads
    Guardians of Vydar
    Doggin Trackers

Common Squads
    Gnoll Raiders
    Barbary Corsairs
    Guardians of Davion

Common/Uncommon Heroes
    Anubian Alpha

Breaking down into packs

Pack 1
    Apeo
    Tecer
    Le-Orex
    Darrin Razorback
    Aristeos - Satyr

Pack 2
    Ellasar
    Mistress Isadora
    Suds Merrick
    Jean de Ascalon

Pack 3
    Gnoll Raiders
    Barbary Corsairs

Pack 4
    Guardians of Vydar
    Anubian Alpha

Kai- 7 units
    Derek- 4 units
    Damon- 3 units
    Jacob- 1 unit

Pack 4 is a bit odd with Common/Unique mixture but I am O.K. with that. Maybe we do a partial release of a large expansion pack to get Stenvar out there.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:47 pm

Thanks for the list.

I will focus on Mistress Isadora and The Enforcer to close out Wave 2. I think Isadora is close but The Enforcer needs some work.

For Wave 3 or Large Expansion - Tawarthion has continued to sit idle while I try to improve his design.

The Guardians of Davion posts are just a lot of brainstorming at this point.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:57 pm

The list was just my thoughts for getting a starting point. I think Tawarthian should be here but thought the relationship with Kaelx and Mistress meant they should be released together. If there is anything that you guys would rather have out there I am completely good with change.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:36 pm

Stenvar should be in there . . . he is about ready to go. There have been other huge figures like Shurrock in wave packs.

My initial brainstorming:

Pack 1 - Bad Guy Heroes
    Apeo
    Tecer
    Le-Orex
    Suds Merrick
    Mistress Isadora

Pack 2 - Good Guy Heroes
    Ellessar
    Jean de Ascalon
    Darrin Razorbeak
    Aristeos - Satyr OR Tawarthion
    Stenvar

Pack 3 - Gnolls
    Gnoll Raiders
    Arrow Gnoll, aka "Dark Ranger" and "Gnoll Ranger"

Pack 4 - Pirates and Alpha
    Barbary Corsairs
    Anubian Alpha

These guys can either be included in Wave 3 or we could do a bonus 5th pack.
    Guardians of Vydar
    Elven Druids

Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:24 am

Pack 1 - Bad Guy Heroes
    Apeo
    Tecer
    Le-Orex
    Suds Merrick
    Mistress Isadora

I like your breakdown here.

Pack 2 - Good Guy Heroes
    Ellessar
    Jean de Ascalon
    Darrin Razorbeak
    Stenvar

and here as well. Aristeos would be my choice as he is more of a stand alone hero. I would like to see Tawarthion with the rest (or at least some) of the Primordials. Or we could release Stenvar in a large figure release but not add to it until we complete the individual figures- an on going release which might keep a little more action on our heroscape thread.

Pack 3 - Gnolls
    Gnoll Raiders

Wouldn't mind combining the Raiders and the Pirates here.

Pack 4 - Pirates and Alpha
    Barbary Corsairs
    Anubian Alpha

Have the Arrow Gnoll, Anubian Alpha, and Guardians of Davion here. This is an odd mix but works for me. The Gnoll faction, Aristeos and Mistress/enforcer are next up for playtesting for me. I would prefer to save the Guardians of Vyadar, Elven Druids (hoping we find a good 3rd figure) for wave 3, maybe with the Doggin for a 3 unique squad pack.

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:11 pm

Since I have alluded to this guy in our HS thread and he is all but done, my preference is still that Stenvar should be in there . . . he is about ready to go. There have been other huge figures like Shurrock in wave packs.

In pack two, with Stenvar, we could go with just 4 figures (eliminating Tawarthion and Aristeos since they seem the furthest from completion).

In pack three, I like having the Gnoll commons all in one pack, but Gnolls and Pirates is feasible.

For the fourth pack, I think the Wardens of the Wood are much closer to being done than the Guardians of Davion. Since the Anubian Alpha is an uncommon hero, binding him with a unique squad or two seems reasonable.

But really, this is just all for fun . . . it is not like it matters much (we aren't selling them in packs).

After thinking about it, here is my current feel . . .

Pack 1 - Bad Guy Heroes (5 figures)
    Apeo
    Tecer
    Le-Orex
    Suds Merrick
    Mistress Isadora

Pack 2 - Good Guy Heroes (4 figures - one being a biggie)
    Ellessar
    Jean de Ascalon
    Darrin Razorbeak
    Stenvar

Pack 3 - Common Figures (8 figures)
    Gnoll Raiders
    Barbary Corsairs
    Alpha Prime Enforcer

Pack 4 - Unique Squad/Uncommon Hero (7 figures)
    Wardens of the Wood
    Guardians of Vydar
    Anubian Alpha
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:58 pm

Five weeks later . . .

Derek and I discussed the next release on 4/7. Here is what we are thinking . . .

Apeo
    Tecer
    Le-Orex
    Suds Merrick
    Mistress Isadora

Pack 2 - Good Guy Heroes (5 figures - one being a biggie)
    Ellessar
    Jean de Ascalon
    Darrin Razorbeak
    Stenvar
    Aristeos

Pack 3 - Common Squads (6 figures)
    Gnoll Raiders
    Barbary Corsairs

Pack 4 - Common/Uncommon Heroes (6 figures by doubling each)
    Anubian Alpha
    Alpha Prime Enforcer
    Dark Ranger

All of the figures are either in final editing, have cards already created, or just need a tweak or two. Oh, and we need to do bios.

This means pushing the Wardens of the Wood and Vindicators of Vydar into wave 3, which isn't too far away.

Thoughts?
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:58 pm

Nomad wrote:Five weeks later . . .

Derek and I discussed the next release on 4/7. Here is what we are thinking . . .

Apeo
    Tecer
    Le-Orex
    Suds Merrick
    Mistress Isadora

Pack 2 - Good Guy Heroes (5 figures - one being a biggie)
    Ellessar
    Jean de Ascalon
    Darrin Razorbeak
    Stenvar
    Aristeos

Pack 3 - Common Squads (6 figures)
    Gnoll Raiders
    Barbary Corsairs

Pack 4 - Common/Uncommon Heroes (6 figures by doubling each)
    Anubian Alpha
    Alpha Prime Enforcer
    Dark Ranger

All of the figures are either in final editing, have cards already created, or just need a tweak or two. Oh, and we need to do bios.

This means pushing the Wardens of the Wood and Vindicators of Vydar into wave 3, which isn't too far away.

Thoughts?

When would you like Bio's? Looks like I owe you 6 of them ... though I'll likely combine Isadora and the Enforcer and the Gnolls can be mostly one Bio.

When is the proposed Release date?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:56 pm

I would say that as soon as we get the bios and cards finalized for each figure, we can start posting them on HS.

I think Derek was going to take a pic of the entire wave and we could come up with an overall theme for release last week. Derek is out of town through the weekend, so maybe we can start posting stuff the following weekend? That would be 4/25 or so.

I don't think owe any bios . . . we can release them without if we want to. I just thought it was a nice touch. It really doesn't matter . . . these figures are for us to play with.

Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:07 pm

I'll try and get a picture sometime today and put a post on Heroscaper's if you want.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:28 pm

That would be awesome. Now we need to start thinking of a theme for the release. Our last one was "The Fallen and the Faithful."

Since the only new factions introduced are Gnolls and Pirates maybe we can do something centering around those figures.

Ideas?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:41 am

Wave 2  Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide.  Final - Page 2 Valhalla
    Some thoughts on names for the Packs and Wave.  For the wave how about Taunting Tides.  Here is a cool map that might help the thought process.

Pack 1 - Warden and Beasts
    Apeo
    Tecer
    Le-Orex
    Suds Merrick
    Mistress Isadora

Pack 2 - Heroes of ?
    Ellessar
    Jean de Ascalon
    Darrin Razorbeak
    Stenvar
    Aristeos

Pack 3 - Raiders and Corsairs
    Gnoll Raiders
    Barbary Corsairs

Pack 4 - Alphas and Rangers
    Anubian Alpha
    Alpha Prime Enforcer
    Dark Ranger
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:55 pm

NWHC Wave 2: REINFORCEMENTS OF THE TAUNTING TIDE

The Battle of Braunglayde and the assault on Einar's lands continued for months. As the war in the southern lands escalated, Utgar sent forth minotaur heroes to lead the rush of the minotaur warriors. Pirates, plunderers, and looters were summoned from the Mediterranean Sea and the Barbary Coast. Soulborgs of a new sort were teleported from distant planets along with tormented wolves. And, to further instill fear and chaos, Valkrill sent forth taunting gnolls, the first of its kind in all of Valhalla.

Einar received scant reinforcements from his allies - an elf, another stone giant, a flute-playing satyr. Einar summoned another knight from Ascalon with a magical bell and a Raptorian hero.

Will the taunting tide of darkness and chaos finally overrun Einar's empire? Or will the discipline of Einar's troops turn back the waves of fear unleashed upon his lands?

Pack 1: HEROES OF MITLJORN

Apeo - Utgar, Unique Hero, Minotaur #24
    Tecer - Utgar, Unique Hero, Minotaur #32
    Le-Orex - Valkrill, Unique Hero, Gnoll #22
    Suds Merrick - Utgar, Unique Hero, Pirate #31
    Mistress Isadora - Utgar, Unique Hero, Soulborg #29

Pack 2: HEROES OF BALEARIA

Ellessar - Jandar, Unique Hero, Elf #27
    Jean de Ascalon - Einar, Unique Hero, Knight #23
    Darrin Razorbeak - Einar, Unique Hero, Raptorian #19
    Stenvar - Aquilla, Unique Hero, Stone Giant #26
    Aristeos - Ullar, Unique Hero, Satyr #30

Pack 3 – PIRATES AND GNOLLS

Gnoll Raiders - Valkrill, Common Squad, Gnolls #21
    Barbary Corsairs - Utgar, Common Squad, Pirates #25

Pack 4 – ALPHAS AND RANGERS

Anubian Alpha - Utgar, Uncommon Hero, Hybrid #18
    Alpha Prime Enforcer - Utgar, Common Hero, Soulborg #28
    Dark Ranger - Valkrill, Common Hero, Gnoll #20

Last edited by Nomad on Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:56 pm

Ha - I have been working on this all morning . . . you posted while I was composing. Let's compare and share new ideas. Cool map!
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:39 pm

I think what you have is most excellent Sir! I think it is good to go.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:53 pm

Thanks, Derek.

I think we are close to start releasing these. I have created PDFs for all of the cards except Aristeos (I need to take a new picture and rework the card), Alpha Prime Enforcer (still some discussion over language), and Mistress Isadora (still some discussion over language).

Should we wait to release figures until their bio is done, or should we just state that the figure's bio is pending?

I'm thinking of leading off with Tecer and Apeo since they tie most closely to our last release of the Minotaurs in December.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:14 pm

I think how ever you want to release them is cool with me. Tecer's card I don't think is complete with size and updated language, so I wouldn't mind taking a look at that. I say leave the bio pending. Kind of exciting, thanks for all your work.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:25 pm

I'll see if I can get Bio's done this week/weekend .. so you can start with Units that are already done. Thanks for all the hard work!
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:03 pm

Nomad wrote:NWHC Wave 2: REINFORCEMENTS OF THE TAUNTING TIDE

The Battle of Braunglayde and the assault on Einar's lands continued for months. As the war in the southern lands escalated, Utgar sent forth minotaur heroes to lead the rush of the minotaur warriors. Pirates, plunderers, and looters were summoned from the Mediterranean Sea and the Barbary Coast. Soulborgs of a new sort were teleported from distant planets along with tormented wolves. And, to further instill fear and chaos, Valkrill sent forth taunting gnolls, the first of its kind in all of Valhalla.

Einar received scant reinforcements from his allies - an elf, another stone giant, a flute-playing satyr. Einar summoned another knight from Ascalon with a magical bell and a Raptorian hero.

Will the taunting tide of darkness and chaos finally overrun Einar's empire? Or will the discipline of Einar's troops turn back the waves of fear unleashed upon his lands?

Pack 1: HEROES OF MITLJORN

Apeo - Utgar, Unique Hero, Minotaur #24
    Tecer - Utgar, Unique Hero, Minotaur #32
    Le-Orex - Valkrill, Unique Hero, Gnoll #22
    Suds Merrick - Utgar, Unique Hero, Pirate #31
    Mistress Isadora - Utgar, Unique Hero, Soulborg #29

Pack 2: HEROES OF BALEARIA

Ellessar - Jandar, Unique Hero, Elf #27
    Jean de Ascalon - Einar, Unique Hero, Knight #23
    Darrin Razorbeak - Einar, Unique Hero, Raptorian #19
    Stenvar - Aquilla, Unique Hero, Stone Giant #26
    Aristeos - Ullar, Unique Hero, Satyr #30

Pack 3 – PIRATES AND GNOLLS

Gnoll Raiders - Valkrill, Common Squad, Gnolls #21
    Barbary Corsairs - Utgar, Common Squad, Pirates #25

Pack 4 – ALPHAS AND RANGERS

Anubian Alpha - Utgar, Uncommon Hero, Hybrid #18
    Alpha Prime Enforcer - Utgar, Common Hero, Soulborg #28
    Dark Ranger - Valkrill, Common Hero, Gnoll #20

Somehow I totally missed Page 3 of posting in this thread Sad

Sorry guys.

This story-arc sounds great.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:00 pm

OK, I'll start posting them on HS tomorrow. Since we are just about done with all of these guys in the wave, I'm thinking a couple more every few days.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:28 pm