Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

4 posters

Wave 3 - Ascent of the Goblins - FINAL

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Wave 3 - Ascent of the Goblins - FINAL - Page 2 Empty Re: Wave 3 - Ascent of the Goblins - FINAL

Post  Lord Kai Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:02 pm

Well it took me a while but there are Bio's for all of my Wave 3 units now : )  They probably need a tweak here or there but I'm pretty happy with them.

Nomad,
    Would you like us to move all of the Bio's, Books, and the latest Army Card that you have posted to the OP for each unit?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Wave 3 - Ascent of the Goblins - FINAL - Page 2 Empty Re: Wave 3 - Ascent of the Goblins - FINAL

Post  Nomad Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:53 pm

yes - if we can everything updated in the OPs, that would make updating Heroscapers.com much easier for me. I know that there are a few updated Wave 3 cards I haven't added in yet.

Thanks.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:32 pm

Damon, I have updated OP's with all info, removed unnecessary pictures and laid them out in the same order (for all completed figures).  Hopefully this makes your life easier in getting them to heroscapers.  Thank you for your efforting here. Let me know if it would be easier for you if Laid out differently.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:00 pm

Thank you!!!!

Please see the latest post in the Unit Template thread.

Here is my first single figure post on HS in our thread. Please take a look and let me know where it can be improved.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2001414&postcount=128

I plan on doing the same for all of the figures and turning in the OP into a list that will go to each individual figure post.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:09 pm

That looks awesome Damon. I will rearrange mine accordingly, which I think just means moving character name and such above the image.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:14 am

Unless I missed someone, mine should be in the desired format.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:21 am

All books should be good except for the goblins and their effect. Hopefully I didn't miss anything. None of the books have been checked against Jarek Guy or Prince Alkohora, Blood burst Thrall, Crypts of the guardian, knights of the blackgaard, or the heroes of the lost citadel (may have here without any).
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:18 pm

The over-haul of the the Heroscapers.com thread is complete. Please take a few minutes to check it out. Let me know if you notice anything amiss or have suggestions for improvements. I haven't had a chance to check if all of the links are perfect.

Soon, I will add the lists of our figures in the second post (alphabetical, points, by general).
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:29 pm

Holy #$% the new format on Heroscapers.com is AMAZING!!!!

Fantastic work, good sir!!!
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:51 pm

Before we release wave 3, we need to decide on titles and theme. I'm good with Derek's suggestion to go with mountainous theme. I threw out a bunch of ideas a couple of weeks ago, but after much thought and fun with the thesaurus, this is what I've come up with. Your input is requested.

Wave 3 Title: Davion's Defense

Wave 3
    Pack 1 - Veterans of Desolate Peak
    Commander Kaelix (Kai) #35
    Skerak (Damon) #40
    Zard Manstabber (Derek) #42
    Runk Battlesinger (Derek) #43
    Gald'Rabok (Kai) #36

Pack 2 - Heroes of Bastion Ridge
    Alyssa Davion (Kai) #47
    Michael Davion (Kai) #46
    Konrad Von Bramgur (Derek) #37
    Tawarthion (Kai) #34
    Kronan (Kai) #44

Pack 3 - Goblins and Guardians
    Guardians of Davion (Kai) #45
    Goblin Slashers (Derek) #41
    Goblin Dog Rider (Derek) #44

Pack 4 - Vydar's Venture
    Doggin Trackers (Derek) #38
    Vindicators of Vydar (Damon) #39

Exclusive Squad - Oakenshield's Ascent
    Wardens of the Wood (Kai) #33

Last edited by Nomad on Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:33 pm

Sounds Awesome!
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:39 pm

Nomad wrote:Before we release wave 3, we need to decide on titles and theme. I'm good with Derek's suggestion to go with mountainous theme. I through out a bunch of ideas a couple of weeks ago, but after much thought and fun with the thesaurus, this is what I've come up with. Your input is requested.

Wave 3 Title: Davion's Defense

I am in meetings the next few days for work but I'll see if I come up with any suggestions by the end of the week.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:37 am

Thanks Derek and Kai.

I appreciate your creativity and thoughts. I'm very much a detail dude (so, forgive me if I trample or draw you into minutia).

A big site bomb for Wave 3 figures tonight - I can only squeeze in multiple hours every few weeks, so I took the opportunity. If you can't respond for a while, I totally understand.

Every figure in the wave has received a thorough read through of the powers, a thorough read through of the thread, a thorough recollection of our discussions, a thorough revision of the card, and I'm sure I'm missing something or making errors. I appreciate your review and feedback.

I wouldn't mind starting to release these guys in the next week or so for those we have considered done.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:41 am

Kai wrote:
    I am in meetings the next few days for work but I'll see if I come up with any suggestions by the end of the week.

Any suggestions?

I've come up with a couple more:

Zard's Excursion, Zard's Surge
    Rise of the Goblins, Ascent of the Goblins

And here is a rough draft of the into theme to the wave:

Deep within the bottomless caverns of the Kyrien Mountains, long since summoned by Utgar, a teeming swarm of Goblins had waited, plotted, and trained. At Utgar's command, the Goblins ascended from their dark dwellings to wreck havoc on the uplands of Valhalla to gain a stronghold in the strategic and centrally located high grounds of Bleakwoode. Joining the legions of Goblins, Utgar's forces were reinforced by a powerful warden and a fearsome orc champion.

The treachery of Vydar continued as he set his scientists and technicians to work deep within the caverns of Anund. Vydar ventured to create a very unique squad out of the destroyed and boosted the abilities of some newly summoned doggins.

Ullar brought to Valhalla dimension-shifting protectors from the ethereal domain of Davion and elven druids from Feylund to defend against the Goblin menace. Two more primordials joined the alliance, one with the ability to animate earth and the other the forest. A high cleric of Kresnick was summoned by Aquilla to lead and inspire the fearless.

And, in the far north, on the glaciers of Thaelenk, rumors of a savage ice demon creating chaos swirl like the snow.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:31 pm

Sounds awesome! Ascent of the Goblins or Zard's Surge would be my choices.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:11 pm

Unless there are any objections, this is what I'm proposing we go with:

NWHC Wave 3: Ascent of the Goblins

Deep within the bottomless caverns of the Kyrien Mountains, long since summoned by Utgar, a teeming swarm of Goblins has waited, plotted, and trained. At Utgar's command, the Goblins ascended from their dark dwellings to wreck havoc on the uplands of Valhalla with the goal to gain a stronghold in the strategic and centrally located high grounds of Bleakwoode. Joining the legions of Goblins, Utgar's forces were reinforced by a powerful warden and a fearsome orc champion.

The treachery of Vydar continued as he set his scientists and technicians to work in his underground fortress in neighboring Anund. Vydar ventured to create a very unique squad out of the battlefield destroyed and then boosted the abilities of some newly summoned doggins.

Ullar brought to Valhalla dimension-shifting protectors from the ethereal domain of Davion and elven druids from Feylund to defend against the Goblin menace. Two more primordial heroes joined the alliance, one with the ability to animate earth and the other the forest. A high cleric of Kresnick was summoned by Aquilla to lead and inspire the fearless.

And, in the far north, on the glaciers of Thaelenk, rumors of a savage ice demon creating chaos swirl like the snow.

Skerak (Damon) #40
    Gald'Rabok (Kai) #36

Alyssa Davion (Kai) #47
    Michael Davion (Kai) #46
    Tawarthion (Kai) #34
    Kronan (Kai) #44

Pack 4 - Vydar's Venture

Exclusive Squad - Oakenshield of the Druid

I'm going to be working on the backside of the cards to include the wave info today and hopefully we can start releasing them in the next few days.

Thanks for all of the excellent work in this trivial, but darn fun adventure we share.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:46 pm

Looks really good.

For the Wardens of the Wood ... maybe just "Shield of the Druids" instead of Oakenshield ...
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:13 pm

OK, thanks for the input. The exclusive squad title has been changed:

NWHC Wave 3: Ascent of the Goblins

Deep within the bottomless caverns of the Kyrien Mountains, long since summoned by Utgar, a teeming swarm of Goblins has waited, plotted, and trained. At Utgar's command, the Goblins ascended from their dark dwellings to wreck havoc on the uplands of Valhalla with the goal to gain a stronghold in the strategic and centrally located high grounds of Bleakwoode. Joining the legions of Goblins, Utgar's forces were reinforced by a powerful warden and a fearsome orc champion.

The treachery of Vydar continued as he set his scientists and technicians to work in his underground fortress in neighboring Anund. Vydar ventured to create a very unique squad out of the battlefield destroyed and then boosted the abilities of some newly summoned doggins.

Ullar brought to Valhalla dimension-shifting protectors from the ethereal domain of Davion and elven druids from Feylund to defend against the Goblin menace. Two more primordial heroes joined the alliance, one with the ability to animate earth and the other the forest. A high cleric of Kresnick was summoned by Aquilla to lead and inspire the fearless.

Skerak (Damon) #40
    Gald'Rabok (Kai) #36

Alyssa Davion (Kai) #47
    Michael Davion (Kai) #46
    Tawarthion (Kai) #34
    Kronan (Kai) #44

Pack 4 - Vydar's Venture

Exclusive Squad - Shield of the Druids

I'm making progress on the backside of the cards - I'll upload either later tonight or in the next few days to get your final scan for errors on these.

EDIT - The backsides are done, but I'm out of time today. I'll upload them as I have time this week.

Last edited by Nomad on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Communicating progress)
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:31 pm

Sounds sweet.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:16 pm

I have inserted all of the backside images for the cards in each figure's thread for wave 3. Rather than do a new post with the card, I inserted it into the post where I had put the front side of the card (for ease in copying to the OP and so that I didn't do thread bombs). You may need to scroll up a few to 10 posts to see the new back side of the card.

Thanks for taking a look at them - let me know if you see any errors.

I think we are ready to start releasing. Any thoughts on who should go first?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:18 pm

Any thoughts on who should go first?

don't matter to me.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:23 am

Maybe Pack 1, then Pack 3, then Pack 2, then Pack 4.

Heroes (with Goblin Uniques) followed by Slashers and Guardians, followed by Davion heroes.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:54 pm

I'll be releasing Pack 1 on Heroscapers.com this weekend. Also, I've done some additional sorting of figures in the second post on HS. Please respond to comments on HS and post some live action pics if you can.

NWHC Wave 3: ASCENT OF THE GOBLINS

Pack 1: Veterans of Desolate Peak
    Commander Kaelix - Utgar, Unique Hero, Warden, 120 points (released 3/7)
    Skerak - Utgar, Unique Hero, Orc, 110 points (released 3/8 )
    Zard Manstabber - Utgar, Unique Hero, Goblin, 70 points (released 3/7)
    Runk Battlesinger - Utgar, Unique Hero, Goblin, 50 points (released 3/7)

Gald'Rabok - Utgar, Unique Hero, Demon, 110 points (released 3/8 )

Pack 2: Goblins and Guardians
    Guardians of Davion - Ullar, Common Squad, Protector, 95 points (released 3/14)
    Goblin Slashers - Utgar, Common Squad, Goblin, 60 points (released 3/14)
    Goblin Dog Rider - Utgar, Common Hero, Goblin, 40 points (released 3/14)

Pack 3: Heroes of Bastion Ridge

Alyssa Davion - Ullar, Unique Hero, Protector, 95 points (released 3/21)
    Michael Davion - Ullar, Unique Hero, Protector, 120 points (released 3/21)
    Konrad Von Bramgur - Aquilla, Unique Hero, Hybrid, 115 points (released 3/21)
    Tawarthion - Aquilla, Unique Hero, Primordial, 80 points (released 3/28)
    Kronan - Einar, Unique Hero, Primordial, 110 points (released 3/28)

Pack 4: Vydar's Venture
    Doggin Trackers - Vydar, Unique Squad, Doggin, 110 points (released 4/5)
    Vindicators of Vydar - Vydar, Unique Squad, Soulborg, 60 points (released 4/5)

Exclusive Squad: Shield of the Druids
    Wardens of the Wood - Ullar, Unique Squad, Druid, 110 points (released 4/3)

Last edited by Nomad on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:42 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:13 pm

Awesome!! Thank you - everything looks great!!! Thanks for all the hard work.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:44 pm

Yes, very much appreciated! And it does look awesome.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:00 pm