Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

W3 Zard Manstabber- Released

Derek S
    Derek S

W3 Zard Manstabber- Released - Page 2 Empty Re: W3 Zard Manstabber- Released

Post  Derek S Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:51 pm

Thematically, I am seeing the defensive aura a bit hard to overcome.

What about something like

War Chief Inspiration.

All small goblins you control within 2 clear sight spaces of Zard add 1 automatic shield when rolling defense die against a normal attack.

Something along these lines anyways.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:22 pm

Derek S wrote:Thematically, I am seeing the defensive aura a bit hard to overcome.  

What about something like

War Chief Inspiration.

All small goblins you control within 2 clear sight spaces of Zard add 1 automatic shield when rolling defense die against a normal attack.

Something along these lines anyways.

I would prefer the +2 defense dice versus the Auto Shield.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:49 am

I concur. The +2 defense dice is my preference as well, which is less beneficial than the auto shield.

We had a couple of good play tests, I think Zard is just about good to go (we can wait to release until the bio is done, or release with bio forthcoming). But, after the play tests, I have a few suggestions:

Personality: Vigilant (Vicious doesn't seem to fit his defensive power).
    Medium 4

Life: 4
    Move: 7
    Range: 1
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 3

70 Points

DARK VISION
    When Zard Manstabber attacks a figure on a shadow space, add 1 to his attack.

GOBLIN DEFENSE AURA
    Each small Goblin you control within 2 clear sight spaces of Zard Manstabber receives 2 additional defense dice.

SCALE
    When moving up or down levels of terrain, Zard Manstabber may add 2 to his height.

Here is an updated card with my suggestions, improved fogging, and a better background.

W3 Zard Manstabber- Released - Page 2 ZardManstabber.NWHC

W3 Zard Manstabber- Released - Page 2 ZardManstabber.Basic.NWHC

Last edited by Nomad on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:44 pm

The Book of Zard Manstabber

NWHC WAVE 3- Davion’s Defense- Veterans of Desolate Peak

- Rulings and Clarifications -_______________________________________

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered
    Zard Manstabber: Goblin Defense Aura
    -All small Goblins within 2 clear site spaces of Zard Manstabber may benefit from GOBLIN DEFENSE AURA defense bonus. Small Goblins include: Goblin Slashers, Goblin Cutters.

Synergy Benefits Received
    Goblin Slashers: Goblin Mob Strategic Bonding
    -Being a unique Goblin Hero, Zard Manstabber may benefit from the Goblin Slashers GOBLIN MOB STRATEGIC BONDING activation bonus.
    Goblin Slashers: Goblin Mob Strategic Bonding
    -Being a small or medium Goblin, Zard Manstabber may benefit from the Goblin Slashers GOBLIN MOB STRATEGIC BONDING movement bonus.
    Runk BattleSinger: Battle Charge
    -Being a Goblin, Zard Manstabber may benefit from Runk BattleSinger’s BATTLE CHARGE movement bonus.
    Goblin Dog Rider: Secluded Prey
    -Being a Goblin, Zard Manstabber may benefit from the Goblin Dog Rider’s SECLUDED PREY attack bonus.

Synergy Imposed
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:48 pm

BIO-
    Living deep in the caves of Siskat Mountains on the planet of Eberron, Zard has an innate ability to see through the shadows to detect a threat. Born to lead, he inspires those around to defy the odds.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:21 am

BIO-
    Living deep in the caves of Siskat Mountains on the planet of Eberron, Zard has an innate ability to see through the shadows to detect a threat. Born to lead, he inspires fellow Goblins to stand strong.

changed last line a bit.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:42 pm

Zard Manstabber has been released on Heroscapers.com.

I added Ornak's Red Flag to synergies received.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:45 pm