Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

W5 Creterios, Final

Derek S
    Derek S

W5 Creterios, Final Empty W5 Creterios, Final

Post  Derek S Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:43 pm

Tanerios (Knossos or?)
    NWHC Wave ? – Wave Title - Pack Title

W5 Creterios, Final DDSAV31

PDF DOWNLOAD, front
    PDF DOWNLOAD, back

Figure: D & D, Savage Encounters #31, Savage Minotaur

General: Utgar
    Planet: Feylund

Species: Minotaur
    Unique Hero
    Class: Beast
    Personality: Ferocious
    Medium 6?

Life: 4
    Move: 5
    Range: 1
    Attack: 4
    Defense: 4
    90 Points

Bull Charge
    If Tanerios starts his turn unengaged you may use Bull Charge.  To use Bull Charge move Tanerios in a straight line.  For each space Tanerios moves you may add 1 to his attack to a maximum of +3.

Labrys
    If Tanerios does not use Bull Charge, and destroys a figure, any figure adjacent to both Tanerios and the destroyed figure receives 1 wound.

Character Bio:
    Copy text here.

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- N/A

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

-Figure Name: Power
    Plain Text

Synergy Benefits Received

Plain Text

Synergy Imposed

Plain Text

Last edited by Derek S on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:34 am; edited 2 times in total
    Nomad
    Nomad

W5 Creterios, Final Empty Re: W5 Creterios, Final

Post  Nomad Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:52 pm

I got the figure . . . any thoughts or ideas? Shall we start throwing out suggestions to get the ball rolling?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:06 pm

feel free to throw out suggestions. I have got a little bit of an idea but haven't thought about it too much.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:48 pm

I believe that c3v has accepted a new Unique Hero that utilizes the Reaper Mini that we used for Tecer. Maybe we could update Tecer with this Minotaur figure?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:30 pm

I didn't see anything in the C3V threads regarding the use of Tecer.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:49 pm

Sorry it was SoV, and the figure is Asterios.

He has passed SoV induction but has not been officially added to the list of SoV/C3V. Scytale stated that the army card is with the "art department" still.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-8k-Ay5Mxouc/VJhNb-Tl0DI/AAAAAAAAPCE/IbsU3VrqrDo/s720/ASTERIOS_VAG.png
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:50 pm

The French fellas have the figurine used for Aristeos (I think) which is about to be inducted. I wouldn't mind transferring to this figure but double attack wouldn't make sense so I say Tecer and Aristeos can share the figure, and we can come up with a new set of powers for this figure.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:10 pm

I'm all for sharing the figs as well - kind of like what we did with the Sylvan and Eilen Sidhe.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:48 pm

Nomad wrote:I'm all for sharing the figs as well - kind of like what we did with the Sylvan and Eilen Sidhe.

Cool, I'm down for that! We had Minotaurs FIRST!!!
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:00 am

Initial thoughts, although I would definitely be open to suggestions.

Tanerios (some scrambled version or reference to Asterion or Knossos)

Unique Hero
    Medium 6?

90 Points

Bull Charge
    If Tanerios starts his turn unengaged you may use Bull Charge. To use Bull Charge move Tanerios in a straight line. For each space Tanerios moves you may add 1 to his attack to a maximum of +3.

Labrys
    If Tanerios does not use Bull Charge, and destroys a figure, any figure adjacent to both Tanerios and the destroyed figure receives 1 wound.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:41 pm

Derek S wrote:Initial thoughts, although I would definitely be open to suggestions.

Tanerios (some scrambled version or reference to Asterion or Knossos)

90 Points

Bull Charge
    If Tanerios starts his turn unengaged you may use Bull Charge.  To use Bull Charge move Tanerios in a straight line.  For each space Tanerios moves you may add 1 to his attack to a maximum of +3.

Labrys

I like the powers but I think he's probably worth 110 points since he bonds and has "Cleave" with the LABRYS. His low Life score might bring him down to 100 points, as ranged squad might pick him apart.

He's a single-spaced figure right, on a large round?

Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:46 pm

He fits on a normal base. Yeah, he might be undercosted at this point, but still not real sure he is settled.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:45 pm

I very much like the proposed powers and stats . . . yes, points will probably need to be higher. A potential attack of 7 v. hero, or attack of 4 v. squads (which could take out three of them) seems pretty potent to me.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:26 am

Bump.

This figure keeps staring at me from the bottom of the card box of promising figures.

He yells, "I am a Minotaur! I am ready to do Battle!"

I can't argue with that. I think he is pretty close to play-testing.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:37 pm

Will consider and see where we are at soon.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:36 am

If powers/stats/name/etc. are good with everyone we would just need to find a starting point for cost before testing. How about 110?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:20 pm

110 sounds good for starters. Let's move him to play testing.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:49 pm

Tanerios has a similar Cleave power to Tandros ... so we might want to consider a Name Change : P

We could also go with something more like Shurrak's Sweeping Sword Special Attack (though I get the bonus for charging would not apply to a Special Attack).

The Minotaurs lack a Special Attack, so that might be something to round-out their Army.

btw - Did we ever do any play-testing with the "BEAST Bonding" with Arrow Gruts? I think Tecer and the Minotaurs were the play-tests that I saw.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:06 am

Derek and discussed this figure in the summer. Here is what we settled on:

Creterios
    Utgar

Minotaur
    Unique Hero
    Beast
    Ferocious
    Large 6

90 Points

LABRYS SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range 1. Attack 3.
    Choose 2 figures adjacent to Creterios to attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice seperately.

BULL CHARGE
    Creterios receives 1 additonal attack die when attacking a figure that was not adjacent to Creterios at the start of his turn.

Jacob and I actually got in three play tests with this figure in August (I just found my notes today as I was playing with plastic and putting away armies from last June).

I ran with Creterios, Tecer, Apeo, and Minotaurs of Nullondia x2 = 450 points against a variety of Jacob's armies (Romans, Harpies, Skeletons). The special attack adds something that was missing from the Minotaur faction. This figure provides something different than the other Minotaur heroes. I rushed Creterios in each battle before using Tecer or Apeo to see what he was made of. Creterios can fall against ranged squads but still do some damage, but he did kick butt and dominate against melee-based armies. This said, I am tempted to say we should reduce his normal attack to 3 (he already gets a bonus for not being engaged with a figure initially). I like his point value at 90.

Last edited by Nomad on Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:27 am

Rough draft of the card. Feedback appreciated.

W5 Creterios, Final Y4mwm7Bxrv8X_7YMC906xepdjCqY4BnN1QmcPSlzkubifoFq8arj6jA-ExOdfAo17DpYlP1emWh95mXlsP9o43I2ucGWjcx2E_3qf1iGS_ccesDVDtPC8JXSOswVSRbJ7ayLQCSI76oSysDPcb23O8KM3RbE47CGiL2RF3e3iXB0CJz2iOkb2PGxcB0t23-UH3ALsUUNFfq-oYDlvhvwmDF2w?width=1024&height=961&cropmode=none
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:44 pm

I would suggest altering the picture on this one so you can see the Axe (Labrys). I like how he's staring you down in the pic though : )

Or maybe change the power to Great Axe Special Attack?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:49 pm

I think Derek liked Labrys, which is a great axe. I tried a number of different positions in the photo-shoot. Looking at the fig from the side, it is still difficult to tell that he is holding an axe because he is holding nearly horizontal. This pic looked the best to me, but we can change it if a better one can be taken.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:54 pm

Nomad wrote:I think Derek liked Labrys, which is a great axe. I tried a number of different positions in the photo-shoot. Looking at the fig from the side, it is still difficult to tell that he is holding an axe because he is holding nearly horizontal. This pic looked the best to me, but we can change it if a better one can be taken.

Cool, it is a pretty great picture .. we'll just have to post some 'on the battlefield' action shots to show the Labrys chopping up some 4th Mass Line ; )
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:27 pm

We have done eight play test battles for Cretarios. I think the figure is good to go.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:58 pm

Creterios
    NWHC Wave 5 – Harbingers of Triumph - Heroes of the Shadow

W5 Creterios, Final Y4mwm7Bxrv8X_7YMC906xepdjCqY4BnN1QmcPSlzkubifoFq8arj6jA-ExOdfAo17DpYlP1emWh95mXlsP9o43I2ucGWjcx2E_3qf1iGS_ccesDVDtPC8JXSOswVSRbJ7ayLQCSI76oSysDPcb23O8KM3RbE47CGiL2RF3e3iXB0CJz2iOkb2PGxcB0t23-UH3ALsUUNFfq-oYDlvhvwmDF2w?width=1024&height=961&cropmode=none
    W5 Creterios, Final Y4momlYHUaAfool0fup4hXaHBPotzNj_sLWwRzWPTLMPSrV9WbOCj8xk5ZJrf1GJrBjMgpK1JnHcACYhaAAWtCSyIas7GrjGTc1p10chUxkRe06VU57TqIT4zm6Ci7nH6jlLyTp8CLfAJFJDB69u1nBvHo8US3QvqZS5YLanfnpVouW1ADDqI5cadQB1L2_jDnWghiZ41mLtL3wa0iNu8It4Q?width=1024&height=966&cropmode=none

PDF DOWNLOAD, front
    PDF DOWNLOAD, back

Figure: D&D, Savage Encounters #31, Savage Minotaur

Unique Hero
    Large 6

Defense: 5
    90 Points

LABRYS SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range 1. Attack 3.
    You may choose up to two figures adjacent to Creterios to attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

BULL CHARGE
    Creterios receives 1 additonal attack die when attacking a figure that was not adjacent to Creterios at the start of his turn.

Character Bio:
    Copy text here.

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- N/A

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

Plain Text

Synergy Benefits Received

-MINOTAURS OF NULLONDIA: Minotaur Hero bonding
    As a Minotaur Hero, Creterios may benefit from MINOTAUR HERO BONDING activation bonus.

-ORNAK: Red Flag of Fury Aura
    As a Unique Hero that follows Utgar, Creterios may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.

-ARROW GRUTS: Beast Bonding
    As a Beast, Creterios may benefit from Arrow Gruts’ BEAST BONDING activation bonus.

Synergy Imposed

-ZOMBIE HULK: Zombies Rise Again
    As a large figure, Creterios causes an opposing Undead Savage that destroys him to replace him with a previously destroyed Zombie Hulk due to Zombie Hulk's ZOMBIE RISES AGAIN special power.

-MAJOR J15: Breaching Scythe
    As a large figure, Cretarios causes Major J15 to add 1 automatic skull when making a normal attack against him, due to Major J15's BREACHING SCYTHE special power.

-THE AXEGRINDERS OF BURNING FORGE and HERACLES: Fearless Advantage
    As a large figure, Creterios causes The Axegrinders of Burning Forge and Heracles to roll an extra die when attacking or defending against him due to their FEARLESS ADVANTAGE special power.

-ANA KARITHON: Protection from Evil Aura
    As a figure who follows Utgar, Creterios causes small and medium figures that are friendly to Ana Karithon and within 3 clear sight spaces of Ana to roll an extra defense die when Creterios attacks those figures, due to Ana's PROTECTION FROM EVIL AURA.

-TEMPLAR CAVALRY: Righteous Smite
    As a figure who follows Utgar, Creterios causes opposing Templar Cavalry figures to roll an extra attack die against him with the Templar Cavalry's RIGHTEOUS SMITE special power.

-MARUTUK: Worthy Challenge
    As a large figure, Creterios causes Marutuk to roll 2 additional dice when making a normal attack against him and Marutuk may not move normally to leave engagement from Creterios, due to Marutuk's WORTHY CHALLENGE special power.

Last edited by Nomad on Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:38 pm; edited 3 times in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:07 pm