Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

4 posters

W3 Skerak - released

Nomad
    Nomad

W3 Skerak - released - Page 3 Empty Re: W3 Skerak - released

Post  Nomad Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:33 pm

We got that play test in with Kai's revised suggestion. It was only one play test, but it seemed to bump Skerak's value. Being able to throw the axe and then move 5 spaces anywhere to attack another figure was impressive. I think I might edit it to put a little bit of constraints on the power - because he does have to go and pick up his axe to attack again. How is this?

AXE HURL AND CHARGE SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range Special. Attack Special.
    If Skerak begins his turn unengaged, instead of moving and attacking normally, he may use his Axe Hurl and Charge Special Attack. Choose a figure within 4 spaces of Skerak to attack and roll 3 attack dice. If the defending figure receives one or more wounds from that attack, you may move Skerak up to 5 spaces adjacent to the chosen figure or on the space the chosen figure previously occupied. If Skerak ends his movement adjacent to any figure or destructible object, he must attack again rolling 4 attack dice.

I'm still leaning towards TROPHY LUST as the name of the other power.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:57 pm

Nomad wrote:We got that play test in with Kai's revised suggestion. It was only one play test, but it seemed to bump Skerak's value. Being able to throw the axe and then move 5 spaces anywhere to attack another figure was impressive. I think I might edit it to put a little bit of constraints on the power - because he does have to go and pick up his axe to attack again. How is this?

As for picking up the Axe - when I first suggested the 'boomerang axe' - I was imagining that the Axe was a magical weapon, like Thor's Hammer, that when thrown would return to Skerak's hand. We could write it into his Bio that his magical Axe returns when thrown.

That is a solid revision though. I can see with the Gruts bonding after he goes that it makes for an impressive offensive combo ... provided that he inflicts a wound with just 3 dice. Since he normally has a double-attack it probably comes down to strategy and board-position as to whether to throw the Axe and rush forward, or to just run up 5 spaces and attack twice.

Seems good either way.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:32 pm

Thanks for the input, Kai. I don't see the big orc wielding a magical axe. He get's the double normal attack only when he destroys a figure, the special attack is a double if he wounds a figure.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:58 pm

We got a play test in with Skerak a few weeks ago and I like where he is at. I've updated the 2nd post in the thread.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:06 pm

Redone card - changed wording/powers and adjusted background.

W3 Skerak - released - Page 3 Skerak-2NWHC

W3 Skerak - released - Page 3 SkerakBasic-2NWHC
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:17 am

There is not an open line after Trophy Lust while there is after range/special. Looks odd to me.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:34 am

Yes, I noticed that too. On the classic cards, there seems to be slightly more line spacing around the Attack and Range of a special attack. I can't get the GIMP program to do that within a single text box. Putting in a full line after the Attack and Range does look odd. I will change it. Thanks for the input.

W3 Skerak - released - Page 3 Skerak-3NWHC
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:59 am

That half line in classic is interesting. I prefer the second card, but could go with what ever you guys like.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:50 pm

I cleaned up the language to reflect the intent better, I think. How does this sound?

AXE HURL AND CHARGE SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range Special. Attack Special.
    If Skerak begins his turn unengaged, instead of moving and attacking normally, he may use his Axe Hurl and Charge Special Attack. Choose a figure within 4 spaces of Skerak to attack and roll 3 attack dice. If the defending figure receives one or more wounds from that attack, you may move Skerak up to 5 spaces. If Skerak moves with Axe Hurl and Charge Special Attack he must move adjacent to the chosen figure or on the space the chosen figure previously occupied. If Skerak ends his movement adjacent to any figure or destructible object, he must attack again rolling 4 attack dice.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:49 pm

Sounds good.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:40 pm

2nd post in thread updated with "Book of" information - let me know if I missed anything.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:41 pm

I think that the card is good to go. In addition to changing the text on the special attack, I played with the fogging on the images.

Also, I've added some clarifications to the Book of Skerak in the second post in the thread. It should all be good to go.

In my opinion, Skerak is done and ready for release.

W3 Skerak - released - Page 3 Skerak.NWHC

W3 Skerak - released - Page 3 Skerak2.Basic.NWHC

Last edited by Nomad on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:11 am

I have combed through Skerak's card and all looks good to me. I have updated the formatting in the OP.

The only change in the last couple of months has been the wording on his Special Attack. Derek said it sounded good. Kai, can you let me know if it is acceptable to you or if you have any questions.

I think Skerak is ready for release (pending the update on the back after we determine wave and pack titles) . . . any other votes?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:41 am

I am not seeing the card image in the thread.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:38 pm

Hmm . . . it is three posts above this one. Trying refreshing the page.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:38 pm

Looks good.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:32 am

Skerak has been released on Heroscapers.com

Sponsored content