Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

4 posters

W3 Alyssa Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W3 Alyssa Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released Empty W3 Alyssa Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released

Post  Lord Kai Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 pm

ALYSSA DAVION
    NWHC Wave ? – Wave Title - Pack Title

W3 Alyssa Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released AlyssaDavion2.NWHC
    W3 Alyssa Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released AlyssaDavion.Basic.NWHC

PDF DOWNLOAD, front
    PDF DOWNLOAD, back

Figure:  Heroclix, LOTR, The Two Towers, EOWYN #020

General: Ullar
    Planet:  Davion
    Species: Human
    Type: Unique Hero
    Class: Protector
    Personality: Precise
    MEDIUM 4

Life: 4
    Move: 6
    Range: 1
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 5

Special Powers
    DISENGAGE
    Alyssa Davion is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

DIMENSIONAL LEAP
    Instead of moving Alyssa Davion normally, you may choose any unoccupied space that is within 6 spaces or a space adjacent to a Protector you control within clear sight.  Place Alyssa Davion on the chosen space.

TACTICAL PORTAL
    Instead of moving with Dimensional Leap, you may choose up to two small or medium figures or one large or huge figure you control within clear sight of Alyssa Davion. Place the chosen figure(s) on any unoccupied spaces adjacent to Alyssa. Figures moved by Tactical Portal will not take leaving engagement attacks.

Character Bio:
    An elite band of warriors, these enchanted knights hail not from a planet but from a mystical realm outside of what Earthlings might call the material plane.  Davion was just one of many diverse domains that was created thousands of years ago by powerful mages.  These ethereal domains had magically forged atmosphere and gravity and they were only accessible through hidden portals.  These portal allowed the Davions to travel between worlds.  The largest portals could act as a bridge from one realm to another for a few hundred people or supplies.  But most were small gateways that only a few could travel together.

To the outside world, the Davions were sometimes labeled aliens or witches or even gods.  But in truth, they are a magically gifted people not much different than Earthlings.  Most Davions have a talent for infusing magic into items such as tools or weapons to strengthen or sharpen them.  Because of this, the armor and shields of the Guardians are lighter and stronger than they appear.

For more than an Age, the benevolent Davions would transverse between worlds, often acting as teachers and protectors.  In their travels, they also learned the ways and culture of many races.  When they returned home, the small items and treasures from their journey would be added to their libraries and chronicles in works of art.

But key amongst the gifts of the Davion people is their ability to temporarily shift their entire body from the material plane into the ‘space in between.’  Most witnesses see this as a form of teleportation, where the Guardian simply disappears and moments later they reappear somewhere else.  In actuality, the Guardian opens a ‘door’ into an ethereal plane, slips inside for a few moments and traverses the distance there, and reappears in the new location back in the material world.  With the ability to create these dimensional doors, the Guardians can seemingly walk through walls, appear and disappear on the battlefield, and if timed correctly, avoid attacks altogether.

There are less than five hundred members of the House of Davion.  All have some minor magical talents like the Guardians, but a small number of the most gifted are elected to a ruling council.  The twin siblings, Michael and Alyssa, are intrepid soldiers that serve the council as explorers.  Both Michael and Alyssa have shown a greater mastery of dimensional travel, allowing them to travel greater distances than most Guardians.  
    Michael has honed his abilities and coupled them with his expertise at swordsmanship.  He will engage an opponent in combat and then suddenly disappear – reappearing in moments to either attack the same target from behind or launching a new assault on an unsuspecting foe a few yards away.

A skilled warrior herself, Alyssa can cross blades with equal vigor.  However, Alyssa is one of the rare dimensional navigators of Davion.  Navigators can open doorways that allow others to travel with them (even those not born with the magical heritage of the House).  When she finds the right doorway, Alyssa can take as many as two travelers with her.  In this role, Alyssa can reinforce a battlefront, or assist in a rapid withdraw.
    While traveling through worlds, Michael, Alyssa, and several companies of Guardians, fell through a portal into Valhalla.  They encountered forces of Utgar and would have been captured if it were not for the intervention of Elves from Ashra and Aubria.  The Davion guards were brought before Ullar to share their tale as well as to hear what dangers lie in Valhalla.  The General promised to share his wealth of knowledge about other realms with the Davions in exchange for their aid in the fight against Utgar’s villainous army.  Michael and Alyssa agreed to the alliance, giving Ullar new allies in the Battle of All Time.

The Book of Alyssa Davion

NWHC WAVE 3- ?

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered
    -Protector: Dimensional Leap

Being a Protector, Alyssa Davion may aid figures with the DIMENSIONAL LEAP placement power.  Figures with the DIMENSIONAL LEAP power include Michael Davion.
    Ebon Armor: Animated Materiel/Eternal War
    Being a Unique Human Hero or Squad figure, if an Ebon Armor figure is destroyed you may place that Ebon Armor on Alyssa Davion's Card. If Alyssa Davion is destroyed by a normal or special attack, or by a leaving engagement attack, you may replace Alyssa Davion with that Ebon Armor on the battlefield.

-Zogross Hardscale: Tribal Protection
    Being a Protector that follows Ullar, Alyssa Davion prevents an engaged figure from attacking Zogross Hardscale.

Synergy Benefits Received
    -Acolarh: Ullars Amulet

Being a figure that follows Ullar, Alyssa Davion may benefit from Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus.
    -Aristeos: Nature’s Aura
    Being a figure that follows Ullar, Alyssa Davion may benefit from Aristeos defense Aura.
    -Protector’s: Dimensional Leap
    A figure with the class of Protector may aid Alyssa Davion with her DIMENSIONAL LEAP placement power.  Figures with the class of Protector include: Michael Davion, Guardians of Davion, Armoc Vipers, Protectors of Ullar,Tawarthion, Aristeos.

Synergy Imposed

Last edited by Lord Kai on Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:19 pm; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : Changes to Dimensional Navigator. Shortened to Navigator and made an X-OM)
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W3 Alyssa Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released Empty Re: W3 Alyssa Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released

Post  Lord Kai Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:49 pm

Prior Stats:
    Spoiler:

Considering a change of Dimensional Navigator to make it less "broken."

Current:
    DIMENSIONAL NAVIGATOR
    When a figure you control uses Dimension Door, instead of being placed with 4 spaces, you may instead place them adjacent to any Protector you control.

Proposed:
    # 1.
    DIMENSIONAL NAVIGATOR
    When a figure you control uses Dimension Door, instead of being placed with 4 spaces, you may instead place them adjacent to any Protector you control within clear sight of Alyssa Davion.

# 2.
    DIMENSIONAL NAVIGATOR
    When a figure you control uses Dimension Door, instead of being placed with 4 spaces, you may instead place them adjacent to any Protector you control within 8 spaces.
    Derek S
    Derek S

W3 Alyssa Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released Empty Re: W3 Alyssa Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released

Post  Derek S Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:17 pm

Kai, thanks for separating and putting the current stats in the OP, it makes it a heck of a lot easier to follow what is going on.
    One concern I have about their dimensional leap abilities and the cost associated to these figures is there is no height restrictions. Tul-bak-ra has a pretty good one of 10 but it is limited to same level. Here you can transport across the whole board as long as you end adjacent to a Protector. These guys will be impressive in castle games and I definitely think we will need to keep that in mind when pointing them.
    Dimensional Door and Dimensional Leap are essentially the same power. I wouldn't mind going Dimensional Leap (door) 4 and Dimensional Leap (door) 6.
    As to the Dimensional Navigation proposals I like the 2nd one "within 8 spaces" better. Although I think this might be another solid Option
    DIMENSIONAL NAVIGATOR

When a figure you control uses Dimension Door, instead of being placed with 4 spaces, you may instead place them adjacent to any Protector you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Alyssa.

or
    When a figure you control that is within 6 clear sight spaces of Alyssa uses Dimension Door, you may place them adjacent to any Protector you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Alyssa.

Although the thought of needing clear line of sight for a Dimensional Leap does seem like it could be a theme break maybe, maybe not.
    You can change the space requirement but I think that will still help keep their transporting in check a bit.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:47 pm

Me thinks . . .

Alyssa is going to need a ton of play testing. When I first read the stats, I felt the Dimensional Navigator power was super strong. I have done two play tests. I felt it was very strong in the first one, but not in the second one.

Limiting it to 8 spaces sounds reasonable. Within clear line of sight sounds reasonable, but if we are dealing with changing dimensions, I'm not sure if the clear line of sight is necessary.

I guess my vote would be 8 spaces at this point.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:37 am

Derek S wrote:One concern I have about their dimensional leap abilities and the cost associated to these figures is there is no height restrictions. Tul-bak-ra has a pretty good one of 10 but it is limited to same level. Here you can transport across the whole board as long as you end adjacent to a Protector. These guys will be impressive in castle games and I definitely think we will need to keep that in mind when pointing them.

I never liked Tul-Bak-Ra having to teleport same level to same level : )

I am thinking more of Nightcrawler from C3G for the style of teleportation that I'd prefer.
    http://c3ggames.com/C3G/released/cards/jpg/C3G_Nightcrawler_comic.jpg

The basic Dimension Door of the Guardians is a short range, and probably lines up with Stealth Flying - Move 4, which is why I didn't include any height restrictions.

When you add Alyssa in - they can cover some serious distance.  I can see limiting the distance (maybe 8 spaces) but I don't want to have any height restrictions.

But she certainly requires play-testing.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:01 pm

I like not being restricted to the same level, just noting a check in Tul-Bak-Ra's power, and that we will have to take Castle Games and such into consideration when pointing these guys, wasn't suggesting to do away with it all, sorry if that was what was thought I was trying to say. This power will give this faction a huge benefit in Castle and big map games and we need to keep that in mind.

# 1.
    DIMENSIONAL NAVIGATOR
    When a figure you control uses Dimension Door, instead of being placed with 4 spaces, you may instead place them adjacent to any Protector you control within clear sight of Alyssa Davion.  Unlimited Leap.

# 2.
    DIMENSIONAL NAVIGATOR
    When a figure you control uses Dimension Door, instead of being placed with 4 spaces, you may instead place them adjacent to any Protector you control within 8 spaces.  Max of 8 space leap from origin.

DIMENSIONAL NAVIGATOR
    When a figure you control uses Dimension Door, instead of being placed with 4 spaces, you may instead place them adjacent to any Protector you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Alyssa.  Unlimited leap but must end withing 6 of Alyssa.

DIMENSIONAL NAVIGATOR
    When a figure you control that is within 6 clear sight spaces of Alyssa uses Dimension Door, you may place them adjacent to any Protector you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Alyssa.  Max of 12 space leap but must start within 6 and end within 6 spaces of Alyssa.

although the numbers could be changed easily (like in #4 go "within 4 clear sight spaces...to within 8 clear sight spaces).  #1 is too powerful IMHO.  #2 is the easiest to follow with the shortest potential leap and keeps Alyssa Safe.  #3 is probably too powerful, but at least requires Alyssa to leave the starting zone for this to be really powerful.  #4  Most restrictions regarding Alyssa's placement, makes Alyssa kind of like a bridge, still requires Alyssa to move from the start zone to be real effective.  I'd push for #2 or #4 or something with at least a safeguard in it.

Any thoughts here
    Dimensional Door and Dimensional Leap are essentially the same power. I wouldn't mind going Dimensional Leap (door) 4 and Dimensional Leap (door) 6.

Really like what this faction has got going on.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:16 pm

Updated OP.

Making "Dimensional Navigator" into a one-shot "Summoning" with the X-OM.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:58 pm

I am going to have to ponder this change for a bit. At first glance it seems ubber powerful and complicating in the wording.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:48 am

Deleted Post.

Not original enough for my taste. Will keep trying.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:22 am

NAVIGATOR
    After revealing an Order Marker on any Protector you control, before taking a turn with that unit, you may reveal an X Order Marker on Alyssa Davion to activate Navigator. When activated, choose up to 3 Protectors you control within 2 sight spaces of Alyssa Davion then choose an empty space within 6 spaces of Alyssa Davion. Place Alyssa Davion on the chosen space and then one at a time place the chosen Protectors adjacent to her.

A few questions to clarify intent:
    Armocs and Protectors of Ullar get to be placed with use of this power?
    Alyssa and 3 Guardians of Davion get to take use Navigator, and then 3 different Guardians of Davion can take a turn?
    Or even the same three who were placed with Navigator?

Obviously, this would be a once per round thing. This is interesting. I will have to sit down on a map and see how it would work and how powerful it might be.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:09 am

Here's a new idea, inspired by one of IshMEL's customs that uses something similar to the Airborne Elite "Drop" mechanic:

DIMENSIONAL NAVIGATOR
    After taking a turn with Alyssa Davion, you may place her and one Protector adjacent to her on this Army Card.  While Alyssa’s figure is on this Army Card with less than 4 wound markers, you may reveal order markers on this unit.  Before taking a turn with a Protector you control, you may roll the 20-sided die.  If you roll a 9 or higher, chose a Protector you control on the battlefield and place Alyssa and up to one Protector from this Army card on an unoccupied space adjacent to the chosen figure.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:54 pm

I really like the idea of her being an automatic navigator without a bunch of restrictions as to when she could do it. I think if we keep her defense/life in check and make her have to be some what vulnerable in positioning to pull it off we might be better off. Something like if Alyssa is engaged and you reveal an order marker on her (or maybe and a guardian with dimension door power) you may use the dimension door power for any figure that can get both adjacent to her and the engaged figure and attack with those figures. Also maybe make dimensional leap an option where you can move her up to 6 spaces or move (2 or 3 protecters or all that [or 1 army cards worth?] are within 6 spaces adjacent to her.) I hope what I am trying to say makes sense.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:14 pm

DIMENSIONAL NAVIGATOR
    After taking a turn with Alyssa Davion, you may place her and one Protector adjacent to her on this Army Card.  While Alyssa’s figure is on this Army Card with less than 4 wound markers, you may reveal order markers on this unit.  Before taking a turn with a Protector you control, you may roll the 20-sided die.  If you roll a 9 or higher, chose a Protector you control on the battlefield and place Alyssa and up to one Protector from this Army card on an unoccupied space adjacent to the chosen figure.

OK, Alyssa and a Protector are on Alyssa's army card. Got it. You can continue to reveal OMs from this unit, which would by Alyssa's card. I don't understand why you would reveal OMs when Alyssa is on her own card. You can go ahead and reveal OMs, but it wouldn't do anything. Maybe I'm not understanding the intent? If you reveal a marker on another Protector and roll a 9 or higher, you can bring in Alyssa and the Protector on the card adjacent to another Protector. Got it.

Unless I'm missing something, here is how I would word it.

DIMENSIONAL NAVIGATOR
    After taking a turn with Alyssa Davion, you may place her and one Protector adjacent to her on this Army Card. Before taking a turn with a Protector you control, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, chose a Protector you control on the battlefield and place Alyssa and up to one Protector from this Army card on an unoccupied space adjacent to the chosen figure.

I'm still intrigued by this version . . .

Damon wrote:NAVIGATOR
    After revealing an Order Marker on any Protector you control, before taking a turn with that unit, you may reveal an X Order Marker on Alyssa Davion to activate Navigator. When activated, choose up to 3 Protectors you control within 2 sight spaces of Alyssa Davion then choose an empty space within 6 spaces of Alyssa Davion. Place Alyssa Davion on the chosen space and then one at a time place the chosen Protectors adjacent to her.

A few questions to clarify intent:
    Armocs and Protectors of Ullar get to be placed with use of this power?
    Alyssa and 3 Guardians of Davion get to take use Navigator, and then 3 different Guardians of Davion can take a turn?
    Or even the same three who were placed with Navigator?
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:57 pm

Still brainstorming ... instead of Dimension Navigator >>

PROTECTOR'S PORTAL
    After taking a turn with a squad of Protectors you control, you may reveal an X order marker on Alyssa Davion.  Chose three unengaged Protectors you control who did not move or attack this turn.  The chosen Protectors may move up to 5 spaces each, use Dimension Door, or use Dimensional Leap.  The chosen Protectors must begin their movement within 8 clear sight spaces of Alyssa Davion.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:21 pm

Lord Kai wrote:Still brainstorming ... instead of Dimension Navigator >>

PROTECTOR'S PORTAL
    After taking a turn with a squad of Protectors you control, you may reveal an X order marker on Alyssa Davion.  Chose three unengaged Protectors you control who did not move or attack this turn.  The chosen Protectors may move up to 5 spaces each, use Dimension Door, or use Dimensional Leap.  The chosen Protectors must begin their movement within 8 clear sight spaces of Alyssa Davion.

Hey Gang,
    So I snuck in a play-test game yesterday:

ULLAR:
    Guardians of Davion x3
    Michael Davion
    Alyssa Davion

versus

Mistress Isadora
    Commander Kaelex
    Alpha-Prime Enforcer x6
    Dumetef Guard x2
    Zettian Guards

After reading the Tournament battles with Zettian Guards and Enforcers doing well, I wanted to take that army for a spin and also try out Kaelex at 120-points. Also the Guardians needed another play-test and I used Alyssa’s latest Protector’s Portal option.

I moved out with Zettian Guards followed by Enforcers and followed with a turn with 3 Guards to land on Defense + 1 glyph. The Guardians moved up fast – especially with basically a ‘double-move’ of 6 figures because of Alyssa’s power. No major offense for the first round but the Guardians found a Defense + 1 glyph on their side of the map too.

By Round 2 Alyssa had moved once herself so she could help other Protectors to advance with her X-OM special power but then she pretty much sat in the same spot until the end-game.
    The Zettians were locked up quickly by the Guardians and with Ullar on height and holding a Defense glyph, the Protectors held up for a long time. For Utgar, I started to split my OM’s between Mistress Isadora and Kaelex. Utgar’s offense seemed weak – even though I was not rolling well for Phantom Step “magic pants” (just consistently rolling 6 defense: 4 base + height + glyph). Mistress Isadora pulled off a few Cybernetic Prisons so that Guardians didn’t get to roll defense nor the magic pants.

The Guardians moved up Michael Davion in round 2 using “Protector’s Portal” and then at the start of Round 3 I sent him into to try and take on Isadora. Though he didn’t score a wound on her, he did take out a pair of Enforcers but then took some hits from a Dumetef. To start Round 4, I was able to disengage Michael and dash into the startzone to swing at Commander Kaelex. I could lucky with the first normal attack going 4/4 and Kaelex took three wounds. Then a Teleporting Strike for 2/4 finished off Kaelex. The Deadman’s Switch was only 1 skull so Michael Davion took a wound (down to 2 life) and Utgar lost 2 OM’s.

Michael ran back into the fray to take out a Dumetef and then Teleported to take a swing at Isadora. The Guardians took out Enforcers and one of the Zettians but Mistress Isadora continued to stay at full Life.

Ullar was in a great position and basically just had to hammer their way through Isadora, a Zettian and two Enforcers. But Isadora started to get things going capturing and interrogating a Guardian on each OM and the Enforcers, rolling 4 dice against Michael with Power Axe, took out the hero. It was getting close. Eventually Alyssa and the two remaining Guardians took on Isadora and the last Enforcer. Over 3 OM, Isadora tried for Alyssa and failed, then rolled a 19 to get the Guardian, but failed to get Alyssa. Isadora made her way to sit on the Defense Glyph giving away height advantage but keeping it from Ullar.

In the final round, Isadora imprisoned Alyssa on OM1 and then slowly crushed her to end the game.

Utgar wins with full Life Mistress Isadora and one Enforcer.

--

Alyssa's Protector's Portal was cool, and a double-move on one OM is pretty nice. I wrote her new power so that other "Protectors" could benefit - such as Protectors of Ullar - so that she had a place in other Armies. But she still seems to be lacking something. I really liked the original version but it was a little broken : P

Commander Kaelex was not a factor in this match, and actually having to divide my OM's between going "All Guards" versus letting Mistress Isadora and the Zettians go was not optimal. And then Michael Davion pulled off the assassination to take him out and my poor Dumetefs were scratching their heads after that. Deadman's Switch was not a big factor, and even if I would have rolled 2 or 3 skulls, I didn't want to blow up anyone because I only started the game with 6 Guards + Zettians - so it seemed wasteful. Deadman's Switch plays a lot more like Pelloth's exploding Drow than Dying Swipe.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:54 pm

I was looking at C3G units today and saw a few ideas that could be adapted for Alyssa Davion.

Kree Scout

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=34489

KREE TACTICAL TELEPORTATION
    Instead of moving normally, you may choose an unengaged Kree Scout you control. Immediately place up to two unengaged Kree Heroes you control on empty spaces adjacent to the chosen Kree Scout. Figures moved with Kree Tactical Teleportation must be placed so that they are not engaged.

Blink
    http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=42609

BLINK!
    Instead of moving and attacking normally with Blink, you may choose to use Blink! Before Blinking, you may choose an adjacent tiny, small, medium, or large figure. Place Blink on any empty space within 8 clear sight spaces of her previous position. After placing Blink, you may place the chosen figure on any empty space adjacent to Blink. Figures moved with this special power will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

--

For Tactical Teleport it could be:

TACTICAL TELEPORT
    Instead of moving Alyssa normally, you may choose up to two Protectors you control. Place the chosen figures on unoccupied spaces adjacent to Alyssa. Figures moved by Tactical Teleport will not take leaving engagement attacks.

BLINK! is like an automatic Summon, and could be powerful if it was not limited to just Protectors. It would be nice if Alyssa had more use outside of the Protector army though, so perhaps a "Summon" like power for her would add some variety to the Davion faction.

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:54 am

I have played many games with the Kree Scouts, and a few with Blink.

I could see Alyssa using either one. The powers are not overly powerful - but are good to draw figures that are "stuck" into a more advantageous spot. Alyssa will still get to attack, but those she summons will not. I'm not concerned if she can use all figures rather than just protectors . . . she could end up being a very nice filler into any army and allow bonuses to the Protector army.

My thoughts at this stage . . .

TACTICAL PORTAL
    Instead of moving Alyssa normally, you may choose up to two figures you control. Place the chosen figures on unoccupied spaces adjacent to Alyssa. Figures moved by Tactical Portal will not take leaving engagement attacks.

So, Alyssa still gets to attack, but can't move when she uses this power to draw to figures near her. Not overly powerful - but very strategic due to having to use an order marker to do this.

Please let me know what you think of my contribution.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:41 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Nomad.  I like it.  I am going to modify so that she can't teleport two Large or Huge figures for balance.  So here's how Alyssa would pencil out.  Sound good?

ALYSSA DAVION
    Type: Unique Hero
    Size: MEDIUM 4

Stats

Special Powers
    DISENGAGE

DIMENSIONAL LEAP
    Instead of moving Alyssa Davion normally, you may choose any unoccupied space that is within 6 spaces or a space adjacent to a Protector you control within 10 clear sight spaces. Place Alyssa Davion on the chosen space.

TACTICAL PORTAL
    Instead of moving with Dimensional Leap, you may choose up to two small or medium figures or one large or huge figure you control within clear sight of Alyssa Davion. Place the chosen figure(s) on unoccupied spaces adjacent to Alyssa. Figures moved by Tactical Portal will not take leaving engagement attacks.

Last edited by Lord Kai on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:58 am

Looking good.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:42 am

We got a playtest in on Sunday . . . Alyssa died before she could use Tactical Teleport.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:48 am

Nomad, Huskies16, and I got in two play-tests with Alyssa and the Guardians.

She was mostly saved for the end-game, and Huskies16's comment was that you could spent an OM on Alyssa and teleport in 2 other figures, or you could use an OM on the squad to get 3 figures to move + attack. He thought Alyssa would be better in non-Guardians of Davion armies where she could bring in Elves or Jotun without having to roll the 20-sider.

I'm going to have to agree, and she might need more tweaking to make her worth the investment in points versus just having a 4th squad of Guardians.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:11 pm

I got to thinking . . . which isn't always a good thing.

Tactical Portal states that "Instead of moving normally . . ." she can summon a figure or two. So, my question is: Can Alyssa use Dimensional Leap (which isn't moving normally) and then summon figures in? If so, it seems more powerful than I thought and how we had play tested. If not, then the wording for should be changed to the following:

TACTICAL PORTAL
    Instead of moving Alyssa, you may choose up to two small or medium figures or one large or huge figure you control. Place the chosen figure(s) on unoccupied spaces adjacent to Alyssa. Figures moved by Tactical Portal will not take leaving engagement attacks.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:10 pm

Nomad wrote:I got to thinking . . . which isn't always a good thing.

Tactical Portal states that "Instead of moving normally . . ." she can summon a figure or two. So, my question is: Can Alyssa use Dimensional Leap (which isn't moving normally) and then summon figures in? If so, it seems more powerful than I thought and how we had play tested. If not, then the wording for should be changed to the following:

TACTICAL PORTAL
    Instead of moving Alyssa, you may choose up to two small or medium figures or one large or huge figure you control. Place the chosen figure(s) on unoccupied spaces adjacent to Alyssa. Figures moved by Tactical Portal will not take leaving engagement attacks.

Good catch, not my intention to use Dimension Leap and then Tactical Portal .. thanks.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:58 pm

Latest version of Alyssa:

ALYSSA DAVION

Figure: Heroclix, LOTR, The Two Towers, EOWYN #020

Planet:  Davion

Unique Hero
    MEDIUM 4

Stats

Special Powers
    DISENGAGE

DIMENSIONAL LEAP
    Instead of moving Alyssa Davion normally, you may choose any unoccupied space that is within 6 spaces or a space adjacent to a Protector you control within 10 clear sight spaces. Place Alyssa Davion on the chosen space.

TACTICAL PORTAL
    Instead of moving with Dimensional Leap, you may choose up to two small or medium figures or one large or huge figure you control within clear sight of Alyssa Davion. Place the chosen figure(s) on unoccupied spaces adjacent to Alyssa. Figures moved by Tactical Portal will not take leaving engagement attacks.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:35 pm

So, the only change is in the wording of TACTICAL PORTAL?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:56 am