Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

4 posters

W3 Alyssa Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W3 Alyssa Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released - Page 2 Empty Re: W3 Alyssa Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released

Post  Lord Kai Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:17 pm

Nomad wrote:So, the only change is in the wording of TACTICAL PORTAL?

Yes, I changed it so that she could not use Dimensional Leap and Tactical Portal in the same turn.  She can still move 'normally' and then Tactical Portal though .. but see that as in line with Emirroon (Move - Summon - Attack).

Probably needs a tweak now that I read it .. need to stop going on the boards between meetings.

TACTICAL PORTAL
    After moving normally, you may choose up to two small or medium figures or one large or huge figure you control within clear sight of Alyssa Davion. Place the chosen figure(s) on unoccupied spaces adjacent to Alyssa. Figures moved by Tactical Portal will not take leaving engagement attacks.
    Nomad
    Nomad

W3 Alyssa Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released - Page 2 Empty Re: W3 Alyssa Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released

Post  Nomad Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:16 pm

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT: Alyssa Davion

THEME TEST: Are there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that do not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character should be able to do? Also consider whether or not this character's powers should affect destructible objects. PASS.

FUN TEST: Was the unit fun to play? PASS. She was able to defend for quite some time and it was cool to see her summon in Davions and Wardens of the Wood.

FUN OPPOSITION TEST: Was the unit acceptable to play against? Could it be considered annoying? PASS.

USAGE TEST: Were all of the powers on this card used, or at least usable? PASS.

STRATEGY TEST: Does the unit offer any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game? PASS. Setting up Davions and protectors was pretty cool. But in this battle, it just brought them closer to destruction as Damon was on fire with the dice.

BONDING TEST: Compare the unit card with all currently existing Bonding abilities. Are there any Bonding loops that do not stop appropriately? PASS.

SYNERGIES TEST: Think of all the current cards that would have synergy with the unit card. Are there any factors that could break the game by making a unit too powerful or too weak? PASS. I like the changes to the wording since the last play test. More testing is needed.

POWER CHECK: When considering the test unit against all existing units (including released C3V and SoV units) and all glyphs, are there any powers that could be overamplified and break the game? PASS, but I’m wondering if 90 points might be better . . .

DRAFTING TEST: Is this unit worth drafting? PASS. I like that she can work with figures outside of the Davion faction.

MIRROR TEST: Consider the test unit against itself. Are there any loops that would upset the balance of the Game? PASS.

ARMY TEST 1

Did the unit perform adequately? What should be the unit's point value? Give a brief summary. [insert pass/fail, point value, and brief summary] INCONCLUSIVE. I could see dropping her to 90 points, but this battle was an aberration. Still, I haven’t seen her play as well as I would have thought in any of the tests. I would like to do more tests.

Map: Bridging the Fields of Fire

Army 1 (Derek): Alyssa Davion, Michael Davion, Guardians of Davion, Wardens of the Wood = 600 points.
    VS
    Army 2 (Damon): Heavy Gruts x3, Nerak The Glacian Swog Rider, Tornak, Grimnak
    Skerak = 590 points.

Battle Report: Derek rolled the dice fairly well – Damon was on fire consistently rolling 75% or higher skulls when attacking and at least 50% shields when defending. Grimnak chomped Michael Davion with a 19 in round 2. Skerak was tough. Nerak and Tornak didn’t move. Derek was able to take out a squad of Heavies and put three wounds on Grimnak, but that was all. Damon had 448 points left. Alyssa set up the Wardens and Davions well with her portal power, but then she was left to die due to lack of OMs on her. She defended really well.

Final thoughts: So, do you go with Alyssa or another squad of Davions? She did a great job in the first couple of rounds pulling in figures, but she didn’t get a chance to kill anyone. She might be a tough figure to play well. More tests are needed, but I don’t think we can exhaust all of the possibilities but rather trust that the power to pull figures adjacent to here is pretty powerful.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:15 pm

After 10+ play tests, I feel that Alyssa is good to go. Yes, she could be a game changer, but she could also be a dud. I appreciate that she can mix in with other builds besides just the Davion.

I vote we go to final editing.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:23 pm

Cool! She went through a lot of iterations but I think she's about there. I am concerned that she's better than Saylind .. but she basically costs 15-20 pts more.

For a true "Davion" theme, the decision will be between her and another squad of Guardians.

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:12 pm

Yes - she is better than Saylind . . . and she costs more. In our NWHC world, Saylind is now better because she bonds with the Templars. All good in my opinion.

Final Editing?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:14 pm

Any other votes for final editing?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:13 am

Nomad wrote:Any other votes for final editing?

Final is good.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:43 pm

Final works for me.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:02 pm

Your feedback is requested.

W3 Alyssa Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released - Page 2 AlyssaDavionNWHC

W3 Alyssa Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released - Page 2 AlyssaDavionBasicNWHC
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:33 pm

Wow, looks really good. I like the picture and photo-editing you did .. very nice.

Stats look good as well.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:13 pm

Thanks for the comments on the card.

I vote that we make Alyssa final.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:49 pm

I have improved a few things on the card and scoured the text for mistakes.

W3 Alyssa Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released - Page 2 AlyssaDavion.NWHC

W3 Alyssa Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released - Page 2 AlyssaDavion.Basic.NWHC
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:07 am

I think

TACTICAL PORTAL
    Instead of moving with Dimensional Leap, you may choose up to two small or medium figures or one large or huge figure you control within clear sight of Alyssa Davion. Place the chosen figure(s) on any unoccupied spaces adjacent to Alyssa. Figures moved by Tactical Portal will not take leaving engagement attacks.

adding any the only change.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:17 am

Including "any" does follow Saylind's power. I'm good either way.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:42 am

Saylind only moves one character, Alyssa moves up to two, is my thought.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:44 pm

Adding "any" would be good.

The Davion cards are looking great. I need to get the Bio written .. which covers all three characters/cards.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:05 pm

New card with "any" inserted into the Tactical Portal Special Power.

W3 Alyssa Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released - Page 2 AlyssaDavion2.NWHC
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:05 am

Card looks ready for release.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:45 pm

The Book of Alyssa Davion

NWHC WAVE 3- ?

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered
    -Protector: Dimensional Leap

Being a Protector, Alyssa Davion may aid figures with the DIMENSIONAL LEAP placement power.  Figures with the DIMENSIONAL LEAP power include Michael Davion.
    Ebon Armor: Animated Materiel/Eternal War
    Being a Unique Human Hero or Squad figure, if an Ebon Armor figure is destroyed you may place that Ebon Armor on Alyssa Davion's Card. If Alyssa Davion is destroyed by a normal or special attack, or by a leaving engagement attack, you may replace Alyssa Davion with that Ebon Armor on the battlefield.

-Zogross Hardscale: Tribal Protection
    Being a Protector that follows Ullar, Alyssa Davion prevents an engaged figure from attacking Zogross Hardscale.

Synergy Benefits Received
    -Acolarh: Ullars Amulet

Being a figure that follows Ullar, Alyssa Davion may benefit from Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus.
    -Aristeos: Nature’s Aura
    Being a figure that follows Ullar, Alyssa Davion may benefit from Aristeos defense Aura.
    -Protector’s: Dimensional Leap
    A figure with the class of Protector may aid Alyssa Davion with her DIMENSIONAL LEAP placement power.  Figures with the class of Protector include: Michael Davion, Guardians of Davion, Armoc Vipers, Protectors of Ullar,Tawarthion, Aristeos.

Synergy Imposed
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:58 pm

Alyssa Davion: OP updated in final release format.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:17 pm

Thanks for updating the OP!

Just a few agreed upon and suggested changes:

Added a bit and changed spacing . . .

DIMENSIONAL LEAP
    Instead of moving Alyssa Davion normally, you may choose any unoccupied space that is within 6 spaces of Alyssa Davion or a space adjacent to a Protector you control within clear sight. Place Alyssa Davion on the chosen space.

Again, the bio is awesome! See the comment asking for clarification in the third paragraph in Micheal's thread.

Here is the updated card:

W3 Alyssa Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released - Page 2 AlyssaDavion.NWHC

W3 Alyssa Davion - Hero Guardians of Davion - released - Page 2 AlyssaDavion.Basic.NWHC
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:09 pm

Alyssa has been released on Heroscapers.com

Well done!
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:35 am

The newly printed card has her points listed as 105. Another thing I noticed is that some cards like Goblin Dog Rider read like that, while on the old card it read like
    Goblin
    Dog Rider
    Didn't know if it was intentional or not. If not intentional, I'll double check the cards to see where it is different.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:22 pm

Crud.

Thanks for catching the error on Alyssa's new card (I really need some quality control). I have no idea how that happened - it couldn't have been a typo. I will go in and fix it and print you a new one.

The change for the Goblin Dog Rider to one line was intentional.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:09 am