Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

4 posters

W3 Goblin Dog Rider- released

Derek S
    Derek S

W3 Goblin Dog Rider- released Empty W3 Goblin Dog Rider- released

Post  Derek S Sat May 17, 2014 1:53 pm

Goblin Dog Rider

W3 Goblin Dog Rider- released GoblinDogRider.NWHC
    W3 Goblin Dog Rider- released GoblinDogRider.Basic.NWHC

Figure- Pathfinder, We be Goblins #005, Goblin Commando on Goblin Dog.

Planet- Eberron
    General- Utgar

Species- Goblin
    Common Hero
    Class- Rogue
    Personality- Adventurous
    small 4

Life- 1
    Move- 7
    Range- 1
    Attack- 2
    Defense- 4
    40 Points

SECLUDED PREY
    When a Goblin you control attacks a figure adjacent to at least one Goblin Dog Rider you control, if the defending figure is not adjacent to a friendly figure, the attacking Goblin receives an additional attack die.

MOUNT (This power is taken from Scytale so I will have to ask permission before using)
    If a Goblin Dog Rider you control receives enough wounds to be destroyed, you may replace that Goblin Dog Rider with one of your previously destroyed small Goblin Squad figures, if possible.

SCALE
    When moving up or down levels of terrain, a Goblin Adventurer may add 2 to his height.

Bio- Wandering alone a young Goblin comes across a wild pack of dogs.  He captures and trains the dog, learns to ride it.  Soon he is venturing further from the caves, following the dogs.  He watches how the dogs separate their prey from the rest of its family, making it all the easier to take down.  This he thinks, would be a good strategy for the Goblins to utilize in battle.  

The Book of Goblin Dog Rider

NWHC WAVE 3- Ascent of the Goblins- Goblins and Guardians

- Rulings and Clarifications -_______________________________________

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered
    Goblin Dog Rider: Secluded Prey
    -All Goblins may benefit from the Goblin Dog Riders SECLUDED PREY attack bonus.
    Current Goblins include: Goblin Cutters, Horned Skull Brutes, Goblin Slashers, Zard Manstabber, Runk Battlesinger, Goblin Dog Rider.
    Goblin Dog Rider: Mount
    -A previously destroyed small Goblin squad figure may replace a destroyed Goblin Dog Rider with MOUNT.
    Current small Goblin squad figures include: Goblin Slashers, Goblin Cutters.

Synergy Benefits Received
    -Being a Goblin, the Goblin Slashers may benefit from Runk BattleSinger’s BATTLE CHARGE  movement bonus.
    Goblin Dog Rider: Secluded Prey
    -Being a Goblin, a Goblin Dog Rider may benefit from the Goblin Dog Rider’s SECLUDED PREY attack bonus.
    Torin: Evil Eye Protection
    As medium Utgar figures, the Goblin Dog Riders  may benefit from Torin's EVIL EYE PROTECTION Defensive Ability.
    Goblin Slashers: Goblin Mob Strategic Bonding
    -As  a Goblin Hero, a Goblin Dog Rider may benefit from the Goblin Slashers GOBLIN MOB STRATEGIC BONDING activation bonus.
    Goblin Slashers: Goblin Mob Strategic Bonding
    -As a medium Goblin, a Goblin Dog Rider may benefit from the Goblin Slashers GOBLIN MOB Strategic movement activation.

Synergy Imposed

Last edited by Derek S on Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:23 pm; edited 9 times in total
    Nomad
    Nomad

W3 Goblin Dog Rider- released Empty Re: W3 Goblin Dog Rider- released

Post  Nomad Sun May 18, 2014 12:29 pm

Looks good so far . . . I like that Mount power.

I'm not sold on it being uncommon and wouldn't mind it being unique.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Wed May 21, 2014 1:52 pm

SECLUDED PREY ..

WOW, I love that name!!!

How about:

SECLUDED PREY
    When a Goblin you control attacks a figure adjacent to at least one Goblin Dog Rider you control, if the defending figure is not adjacent to a friendly figure, the attacking Goblin receives an additional attack die.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue May 27, 2014 11:00 am

SECLUDED PREY

Sounds better, OP updated.

Looks good so far . . . I like that Mount power.

I'm not sold on it being uncommon and wouldn't mind it being unique.

If we did make it Unique instead of Uncommon the MOUNT power would need to be dropped I think. I would hate to waste the power on a Unique Hero that could only use it once. But I am open to going Unique if that is what we decide.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Wed May 28, 2014 8:13 pm

I'm OK with uncommon . . . I was just afraid of price, I guess.

TandT = $8.00 each
    CoolStuff = sold out
    E-Bay = $4.00
    MiniMarket = $3.00 and they have 19 in stock!

I'm good with getting a few more and making them uncommons at $3 per.

I, too, like Secluded Prey.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Wed May 28, 2014 11:00 pm

FYI ... I have 2 of the Goblin Dog Riders.  I am happy to share.

But if you want to get in on a Mini Market order - just let me know. I think 3 is optimal for the Slasher Mob : P
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Fri May 30, 2014 12:26 am

I would want 3 more of this guy if you do an order. I also need Kronan, Kaelix, Michael, and Alyssa if available (my last two orders have not worked out for these guys. Also Kai, did you ever find your missing microcorp troopers figures?
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri May 30, 2014 10:38 am

Derek S wrote:I would want 3 more of this guy if you do an order.  I also need Kronan, Kaelix, Michael, and Alyssa if available (my last two orders have not worked out for these guys.   Also Kai, did you ever find your missing microcorp troopers figures?

I have a Kaelix for each of you, and an extra Michael Davion.

And no - never found my MicroCorp Troopers : (
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri May 30, 2014 7:27 pm

I can do a MM order soon. Let me know what you want. At the low point cost, I'm thinking 4 Dog Riders is optimal.

Kai, Derek gave me the two unique Goblins to give to you - I have them to pass off the next time we meet. And thanks for the Kaelix!

Derek needs Alyssa, Kronan, 3 more Goblin Dog Riders
    Kai needs 2 more Goblin Dog Riders.
    I need 3 more Goblin Dog Riders.

Maybe I should start a new thread for this.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:55 am

I'll keep looking to if the Microcorp are around here somewhere.  Another thread may be good so that we can list some future figures that plan on being designed if there is enough interest in the figures.  I recently got a bones dragon and a couple of bones cowboys to see how they looked, and I am kind of excited to get to painting them.  Thanks for the Kaelix and Michael Davion as the haven't been available in my last couple of orders, although I finally did track down the Wardens of the Wood.  Very Happy Also need 3 of the bodyguards or enforcers.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:20 pm

Nomad wrote:I can do a MM order soon. Let me know what you want. At the low point cost, I'm thinking 4 Dog Riders is optimal.

Kai, Derek gave me the two unique Goblins to give to you - I have them to pass off the next time we meet. And thanks for the Kaelix!

Maybe I should start a new thread for this.

Ha! I ordered the War Chief and Wolf Rider just the other day : ) I was getting excited for Goblin Madness!!

I have 3 Squads of Slashers already. I also have a pile of Pathfinder mini's to pick through to see what else I have.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:17 pm

Kai wrote:Ha! I ordered the War Chief and Wolf Rider just the other day : ) I was getting excited for Goblin Madness!!

I'm so sorry, Kai. I thought Derek told you these were coming to you. I should have brought them done to you last time we did the scenario at your place back in April - I just forgot I had them. We can switch these for yours since they already rebased.

Derek - it looks like you'll have a couple to put in as a prize in a tournament.

Sorry guys - I dropped the ball.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:22 pm

Nomad wrote:
    Kai wrote:Ha! I ordered the War Chief and Wolf Rider just the other day : ) I was getting excited for Goblin Madness!!

I'm so sorry, Kai. I thought Derek told you these were coming to you. I should have brought them done to you last time we did the scenario at your place back in April - I just forgot I had them. We can switch these for yours since they already rebased.

Derek - it looks like you'll have a couple to put in as a prize in a tournament.

Sorry guys - I dropped the ball.

Aaah, no problem!  Some extra 'Scape is always nice. I sit in front of a computer all day - and am a bit of a compulsive shopper. eBay is my best friend and worst enemy : P
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:55 pm

Derek and Kai wrote:I think the Dog Riders are under-costed. Secluded Prey is nice but the Mount ability is pretty nice as well. If you wanted to keep their points lower, I'd drop them to 2-Life and stay at 40-points.

If everyone agrees I think I would lean towards 2 life here (1 for the dog, 1 for the goblin I'm thinking).

I love Secluded Prey and Mount powers.

After our play tests, I think he should be 50 points or drop him 2 life at 40 points. Same as Kai. This is really three lives, 2 for the Dog Rider and then 1 more after the Goblin appears after the Dog is dead.

Another option is to make them Common Heroes (which would be easier to track on the board). This would mean a life of 1, but we could bump their defense to 4 and maybe drop the points a bit depending on play testing.

My preference would be as a common hero - they would still bond with the Slashers.

Should the Dog Rider have the Scale power as well? I think so.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:45 am

I am completely good with making them common heroes. I am also not completely sold on the name. Maybe Goblin Adventurer? I don't know why scale isn't listed. OP updated.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:54 am

I kind of like Goblin Dog Rider as the name. I have grown accustomed to it and it has that generic feel for a common hero.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:52 pm

After numerous play tests, I vote we move the Dog Rider from brainstorming to play testing.

I think he is pretty good right now. I'll start working on the card soon.

Can we change the title to include a 'W3' at the beginning so that it is quickly identified?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:36 pm

Nomad wrote:After numerous play tests, I vote we move the Dog Rider from brainstorming to play testing.

I think he is pretty good right now. I'll start working on the card soon.

Can we change the title to include a 'W3' at the beginning so that it is quickly identified?

Did we decide on 40 points? I could see dropping to 30-35. These guys are good but I am not sure about 40 points.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:45 pm

I think a few more tests could help with the pointing. I am not real sure of where they should fall yet.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:14 pm

Dogrider card is below . . . comments and suggestions are appreciated. This card reflects the wording in the OP from June 21. And that should rap up the first attempts at cards for Wave 3.

W3 Goblin Dog Rider- released GoblinDogRiderNWHC

W3 Goblin Dog Rider- released GoblinDogRiderBasicNWHC
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:43 pm

The last 3 cards look really good!

Do you think we should specify that Secluded Prey works for "any" Goblin you control (implying this Goblin Dog Rider)?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:24 pm

Card looks awesome and error free. Nice job Damon.

Do you think we should specify that Secluded Prey works for "any" Goblin you control (implying this Goblin Dog Rider)?

If we really wanted to make it clear we could go with

When a Goblin Dog Rider attacks, or any Goblin you control attacks a figure adjacent to at least one Goblin Dog Rider you control, if the defending figure is not adjacent to a friendly figure the attacking Goblin receives an additional attack die.

Although I think the original wording works although we should probably faq it.

Did we decide on 40 points? I could see dropping to 30-35. These guys are good but I am not sure about 40 points.

In the few tests I did with these guys I thought 40 might have been a bit low but was appropriate. Without some further testing I would hesitate to lower their costs. Maybe in the next week or so we can playtest all our uncertainties to get them final. I will try.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:48 pm

Yep - I would keep him at 40 points for now.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:45 am

I had fun with the Goblin army in our play test, particularly with the dog rider. Here our a few suggestions per our discussion and my thoughts. Let us know what you think . . . changes from the OP are in red.

Figure: Pathfinder, We be Goblins #005, Goblin Commando on Goblin Dog.

Planet: Eberron
    General: Utgar

Species: Goblin
    Common Hero
    Class: Rogue
    Personality: Adventurous
    Medium 4

Life: 1
    Move: 7
    Range: 1
    Attack: 2
    Defense: 4
    40 Points

SECLUDED PREY

MOUNT
    If a Goblin Dog Rider you control receives enough wounds to be destroyed, you may immediately, if possible, replace that Goblin Dog Rider with one of your previously destroyed small Goblin Squad figures.

SCALE
    When moving up or down levels of terrain, a Goblin Adventurer may add 2 to his height.

Here is an updated card with the changes in fogging and the background.

W3 Goblin Dog Rider- released GoblinDogRider2.NWHC

W3 Goblin Dog Rider- released GoblinDogRider.Basic.NWHC

Last edited by Nomad on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:23 am; edited 2 times in total
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:24 pm

MOUNT
    If a Goblin Dog Rider you control receives enough wounds to be destroyed, you may immediately, if possible, replace that Goblin Dog Rider with one of your previously destroyed small Goblin Squad figures.

Should this be:

MOUNT
    If a Goblin Dog Rider you control receives enough wounds to be destroyed, you may replace that Goblin Dog Rider with one of your previously destroyed small Goblin Squad figures, if possible.

I am seeing debate comparing the timing of "immediately" versus "if possible" on the Ebon Armor thread.

Q: If a Unique Human figure is destroyed by Pounce, or by a Zombie, or by Nicholas Esenwein, can that figure be replaced by an Ebon Armor before the attacker places a figure there?
    A: No. Those powers replace the defending figure "immediately," and have priority over placing Ebon Armor, which are only placed "if possible".
    http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=50547

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:14 pm