Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

4 posters

W1 Gammacron RELEASED.

Poll

Is Gammacron finalized and ready for release?

[ 3 ]
    W1 Gammacron RELEASED. Bar_left100%W1 Gammacron RELEASED. Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    W1 Gammacron RELEASED. Bar_left0%W1 Gammacron RELEASED. Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 3
    Derek S
    Derek S

W1 Gammacron RELEASED. Empty W1 Gammacron RELEASED.

Post  Derek S Mon May 27, 2013 11:51 pm

Gammacron

Large Expansion Pack–Braunglayde’s Reckoning

W1 Gammacron RELEASED. GammacronR.NWHCW1 Gammacron RELEASED. GammacronBasicR.NWHC

Mechwarrior Solaris VII Light-Class Action Pack

Planet- Alpha Prime
    Species- Soulborg
    Unique Hero
    Class- Repulsor
    Personality- Tricky
    Large 6

Life 3
    Move 5
    Range 6
    Attack 2
    Defense 5
    80 Points

Targeting Beacon
     When attacking a non-adjacent figure, all soulborg figures you control add 1 to their normal attack die if Gammacron is adjacent to the defending figure.

Energy Expulsion
      After moving and before attacking, you must roll the 20-sided die once for each figure adjacent to Gammacron. If the figure is a Squad figure and you roll a 15 or higher, that figure receives 1 wound. If the figure is a Hero figure and you roll an 18 or higher, that figure receives 1 wound. If the figure is a Soulborg you may add 2 to your die roll.   

AMS Response 
      If Gammacron successfully defends against an attack by a non-adjacent figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Bio:  Gammacron moves across the battlefield while heightened response systems continue to energize. An incoming barrage and those near appear as red dots on the monitor's circuitry. A release of stored energy removes red dots from Gammacron's internal network. Gammacron provides a clear signal to his allies and boosts their targeting capability. In defense, Gammacron spins, targets, and releases a bevy of missiles that neutralize a fast approaching dot and its origin.

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered
    -Targeting Beacon: Soulborg figures

Soulborg figures receive an additional die to their normal attack when attacking a non-adjacent figure that is adjacent to Gammacron.  Soulborg figures with range include: Blastatrons, DeathCommander Mark 3, Deathwalker 8000, Deathwalker 9000, Major Q9, Major Q10, Omegacron, Omnicron Repulsors, Omnicron Snipers, Vulcanmech Incendiborgs, Warden 816, Zetacron, Zettian Guards, Zettian Infantry.
    -Tricky Speed 4: Otonashi
    As a tricky figure, Gammacron may benefit Otonashi in her TRICKY SPEED 4 movement bonus.

Synergy Benefits Received
    -Omnicron Mobilization: Omegacron

As a Soulborg figure that follows Jandar, Gammacron may be moved up to 5 spaces with Omegacron’s OMNICRON MOBILIZATION movement bonus.
    -Targeting Beacon: Omnicron Repulsors
    As a Soulborg figure that follows Jandar, Gammacron may benefit from the Omnicron Repulsors TARGETING BEACON attack bonus.
    -Queen of Thieves: Elaria the Pale
    As a tricky figure, Gammacron may benefit from Elaria the Pale's QUEEN OF THIEVES 20-sided die roll enhancement.

Synergy Imposed
    -Energy Expulsion- Soulborg figures
    After revealing an order marker an moving Gammacron, you must roll the 20-sided dice for each adjacent figure.  You may add 2 to roll if the figure is a Soulborg.  Squad figure’s receive a wound on a roll of 15 or higher, Hero’s on a roll of 18 or higher. Soulborg squad figures include: Blastatrons, Deathreavers, Deathstalkers, Gladiatrons, Omnicron Repulsors, Omnicron Snipers, Vulcanmech Incendiborgs, Zettian Guards, Zettian Infantry.  Soulborg Hero figures include: Deathcommander Mark 3, Deathwalker 7000, Deathwalker 8000, Deathwalker 9000,  Hoplitron, Major Q9, Major Q10, Major X17, Omegacron, Warden 816, Zetacron.

Last edited by Derek S on Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:34 pm; edited 20 times in total (Reason for editing : updated OP with better wording)
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W1 Gammacron RELEASED. Empty Re: W1 Gammacron RELEASED.

Post  Lord Kai Wed May 29, 2013 6:25 pm

Targeting Beacon
    When attacking a non-adjacent figure, all soublborg figure you control add 1 to their attack die if Gammacron is adjacent to the defending figure.

Would this be all soulborgs that follow Jandar?

ERC Response (Early Radar Counterfire {for lack of a better name})
    If Gammacron successfully defends against an attack by a non adjacent figure, you must roll the 20 sided die. If you roll an 11 or Higher all excessive sheilds count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Cool concept!

This makes me think of naval "anti-missile systems" like the Phalanx machine guns on warship. We can't post links for another few days on this site, but if you do a search on Close-in weapon system you'll find examples on Wikipedia.

It could be like an "Engagement Strike" against ranged attacks. Like an auto-targeting machine gun that responds to ranged attacks Smile
    Nomad
    Nomad

W1 Gammacron RELEASED. Empty Gammacron!

Post  Nomad Thu May 30, 2013 8:53 pm

Again, I'm amazed with the ideas you guys come up with.

I will crunch some numbers and theorize before commenting specifically. But, my first question is the same as Kai's - does his first power only aid Jandar Soulborgs? (Which would be my vote).

I few tweaks and I think this one is ready for some play testing!
    Derek S
    Derek S

W1 Gammacron RELEASED. Empty Gammacron brainstorming faze

Post  Derek S Thu May 30, 2013 10:11 pm

My original intent was to have it work for all Soulborgs. A kind of oversight on the build of this early model Soulborg. Most of the Deathwalkers and Q's are known for their special attacks so the help their is questionable. The Zettians could benefit tremendously, which is ok by me. The Incendiaborgs would be the ones that make me nervous. I am ok with making it Jandar only though.

I think AMS Response is a much better name.

I have playtested him a few times at 3 life 5 defense. He has fallen real fast a couple of times, although in 1 game he was able to AMS Response Nilfiem a few times. I think he will be an ok addition to the ranks, nothing too groundbreaking but different enough to find some uses.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu May 30, 2013 10:19 pm

Blastatrons are the ones the make me nervous with even more increased attacks from range.
    Derek S
    Derek S

W1 Gammacron RELEASED. Empty Gammacron brainstorming faze

Post  Derek S Fri May 31, 2013 1:15 am

Nomad wrote:Blastatrons are the ones the make me nervous with even more increased attacks from range.

Yeah, but they would have to give up moving 4 Glads to move him. I would prefer that most of the time if I was going against the Bastatrons. But I still might be in agreement with making him Jandar specific.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri May 31, 2013 1:34 am

RE: Targeting Beacon, I don't think it would be a big issue to have it work for all Soulborgs, though the Vulcan-Mechs could be in the issue. But even boosting the Vulcan's to 4 dice is about the same as potential 4 skulls with Omni-Snipers.

And yeah, Blastatrons would get to move Glads and take 4 shots and if Gammacron was in position - possibly add another boost. At 80-points though, I'd say Raelin RotV in most army builds instead.

So the "Ranged" Soulborgs are:

Vulcan Incendi borgs

Blastatrons
    Q10
    Q9

Omnicron Snipers
    Omnicron Repulsors
    Omegacron
    Zetacron

Warden 816
    Deathwalker 8000
    Deathwalker 9000
    Deathcommander
    Zettian Guards

==

Seems like a great design!!
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:20 am

got a couple playtests here and we both liked the 2 life 5 defense best.  Still couldn't completely decide if he should be Jandar only although leaning that way for now.  We playtested him with Snipers, repulsors, Omegacron.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:30 pm

In Targeting Beacon added normal prior to the attack so specials are not affected as well.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:52 am

I'm good with Jandar only. And, after our playtesting I am ready to move on.

Kai, perhaps we can playtest this figure next time we meet up.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:12 pm

Put Gammacron in playtesting phase- still without changing him to Jandar only although he may very well end up that way- want a playtest or 2 with some of the concerns before committing.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:04 pm

Updated the OP with thoughts from the weekend and the figurine used.  Ready to put this guy to final editing if you both agree.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:30 pm

yes to final editing.

We need to add the white paint and snap some pics.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:33 pm

If the figure is a squad figure and you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the figure

Can we change this to the "squad figure receives 1 wound" instead of "Destroy?"

Destroy is really powerful, and would prevent units like the MicroCorp Agents from using their Stealth Suits.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:34 am

Kai wrote:If the figure is a squad figure and you roll a 15 or higher, destroy the figure

Can we change this to the "squad figure receives 1 wound" instead of "Destroy?"

Destroy is really powerful, and would prevent units like the MicroCorp Agents from using their Stealth Suits.

I have no problems here and appreciate the improvement. I will change the OP unless Damon has any reservations.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:34 am

No reservations. Good idea.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:26 am

Bump.

I'm ready to start making the card. Are we in final editing or do we need to do some more play testing?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:34 am

Bio: Gammacron moves across the battlefield, pressure building until he stops and whoosh, a release of stored energy removes one of the red dots of his internal network, giving Gammacron a clearer signal to his allies, even if his internal network has doubts of his allies cause, boosting their targeting functions....  Soon, no red dots are near.  
    His internal network picks up a fast moving bleeps approaching quickly, Gammacron spins and releases his missiles taking out the incoming bleeps and the red dot where from where the bleeps came.

I have the figure repainted- kinda wish I would have done it differently, but oh well.  Will send a picture when I have a chance.

I haven't seen much desire for further playtesting so I would move along to final editing and card making. The OP language/stats should be looked at to see if we are all happy before efforting the card.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:15 am

I thought Gammacron was good to go with our play-tests. I am all for final editing!

What sized base? I just cut him off his original base and the figure seemed too big for a small base . . . the dirt and feet hung off pretty good. He doesn't do justice to a double base. It seems like a large double base is perfect.

Here are a few suggestions on the wording in red, the OP text follows for comparison . . .

Targeting Beacon (I'm not sure if the wording is any better . . .)
    When Soulborg figures you control attack a non-adjacent figure that Gammacron is adjacent to, add 1 attack die to their normal attack.

When attacking a non-adjacent figure, all soulborg figures you control add 1 to their normal attack die if Gammacron is adjacent to the defending figure.

Energy Expulsion (just a hyphen and a couple of capitals)
    After moving and before attacking, you must roll the 20-sided die once for each figure adjacent to Gammacron. If the figure is a Squad figure and you roll a 15 or higher, that figure receives 1 wound. If the the figure is a Hero figure and you roll an 18 or higher, that figure receives 1 wound. If the figure is a Soulborg you may add 2 to your die roll.

After moving and before attacking, you must roll the 20 sided die once for each figure adjacent to Gammacron.  If the figure is a squad figure and you roll a 15 or higher, that figure receives 1 wound.  If the the figure is a hero figure and you roll an 18 or higher, that figure receives 1 wound.  If the figure is a soulborg you may add 2 to your die roll.

AMS Response (just a couple of hyphens, a decapitalization, and a slight word change).
    If Gammacron successfully defends against an attack by a non-adjacent figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

If Gammacron successfully defends against an attack by a non adjacent figure, you may roll the 20 sided die.  If you roll an 11 or Higher all excessive shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:50 am

What sized base? I just cut him off his original base and the figure seemed too big for a small base . . . the dirt and feet hung off pretty good. He doesn't do justice to a double base. It seems like a large double base is perfect.

Large Round (40MM), of which I hope to order some soon, probably 25 a piece if that sounds like enough to you guys. Are there any other bases people need?

Here are a few suggestions on the wording in red, the OP text follows for comparison . . .

Targeting Beacon (I'm not sure if the wording is any better . . .)
    When Soulborg figures you control attack a non-adjacent figure that Gammacron is adjacent to, add 1 attack die to their normal attack.

When attacking a non-adjacent figure, all Soulborg figures you control add 1 to their normal attack die if Gammacron is adjacent to the defending figure.

I think this wording is identical to the repulsors so I like the original better.

Energy Expulsion (just a hyphen and a couple of capitals)
    After moving and before attacking, you must roll the 20-sided die once for each figure adjacent to Gammacron. If the figure is a Squad figure and you roll a 15 or higher, that figure receives 1 wound. If the figure is a Hero figure and you roll an 18 or higher, that figure receives 1 wound. If the figure is a Soulborg you may add 2 to your die roll.

After moving and before attacking, you must roll the 20 sided die once for each figure adjacent to Gammacron. If the figure is a squad figure and you roll a 15 or higher, that figure receives 1 wound. If the figure is a hero figure and you roll an 18 or higher, that figure receives 1 wound. If the figure is a soulborg you may add 2 to your die roll.

If hero and squad should be capitalized then good, hyphen works, also got rid of the extra the- red version here.

AMS Response (just a couple of hyphens, a decapitalization, and a slight word change).

If Gammacron successfully defends against an attack by a non adjacent figure, you may roll the 20 sided die. If you roll an 11 or Higher all excessive shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

The red version sounds good.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:45 am

Sounds good to me. Thank you.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:22 pm

OP updated with changes in wording.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:29 am

First attempt at the Gammacron card - feedback appreciated.

Derek, I went with my repaint. I can do another card with your repaint if you would like.

W1 Gammacron RELEASED. GammacronNWHC

W1 Gammacron RELEASED. GammacronBasicNWHC
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:57 am

Your paint job is much simpler... and much better. When I was painting mine I couldn't stop with the white, trying to get him to look more Jandarish. If your legs were painted white where mine were I think it would be perfect. All in all yours is much more appealing, easy, and gets across the Jandar feel. Nice job. No need to do a 2nd card for my paint job (maybe if I scrape of a little paint on the black cockpit and the missile bay I might reconsider.) Awesome card, I think everything looks perfect. Thanks Damon for all your work.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:08 am

Thank you.

I really had to control myself with the white . . .

Funny thing about the black in the missile bay . . . it is black! I did the wet paint into the bay. It looks blackish when you look at it, but the picture flash or whatever saw right through it and only brought out the blueish tint. Hmm.

Yes, that shinny black screen was what I figured Gammacron was looking all over the place through for his AMS, so I didn't want to paint it because it kind of looks like a visor-shield.

Anyways . . . making another version shouldn't take me long if you want. This was an easy figure to do in comparison . . .

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:54 pm