Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

W1 Saar Whisper Scout - Released

Derek S
    Derek S

W1 Saar Whisper Scout - Released - Page 4 Empty Re: W1 Saar Whisper Scout - Released

Post  Derek S Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:06 pm

I meant to leave the unengaged part in but missed typing it. I like the aid to Deadeye. You can't modify a special attack so I don't think you need normal attack, Taelords card says get "+1 to attack", Concans says "roll an additional dice", Finns says "add 1 die to their normal attack", Khosumets says "receives an additional attack die".

All friendly Scout figures that attack a non-adjacent figure within 6 clear sight spaces of an Unengaged Whisper Scout roll 1 additional attack die. All friendly Sniper figures that choose a figure within 6 clear sight spaces of an unengaged Whisper Scout for a special power may add 1 to their 20-sided die roll.

or if the normal part has to be there

All friendly Scout figures that attack a non-adjacent figure within 6 clear sight spaces of an Unengaged Whisper Scout add 1 die to their normal attack. All friendly Sniper figures that choose a figure within 6 clear sight spaces of an unengaged Whisper Scout for a special power may add 1 to their 20-sided die roll.

I don't think we need to specify "you control" on the Whisper Scout as you can't gain bonuses from enemy cards, the card says friendly on it already.
    Nomad
    Nomad

W1 Saar Whisper Scout - Released - Page 4 Empty Re: W1 Saar Whisper Scout - Released

Post  Nomad Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Are we ready to release this figure or do we need to work on the wording some more?
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:00 pm

If you could update with this language that Derek suggested then I think we can release:

All friendly Scout figures that attack a non-adjacent figure within 6 clear sight spaces of an Unengaged Whisper Scout roll 1 additional attack die. All friendly Sniper figures that choose a figure within 6 clear sight spaces of an unengaged Whisper Scout for a special power may add 1 to their 20-sided die roll.

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:51 pm

How does this look?

W1 Saar Whisper Scout - Released - Page 4 SaarWhisperScoutNWHC-1
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:54 pm

looks good with a quick perusal.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:57 am

Awesome, looks good!!!
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:55 am

The Saar Whisper Scout has been posted on our thread at Heroscapers.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:42 pm

Can we change the title to Released? Thanks
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:06 pm

The Book of Shadow Saar Whisper Scout

NWHC Wave 1 – The Faithful and the Fallen –Harpies and Hunter

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered
    -Scout figures: Advanced Spotter

Friendly Scout figures non-adjacent attack bonus. Scout figures with range include: Saar Whisper Scout, Kira Jax, Mohican River Tribe, Zetacron.
    -Sniper figures: Advanced Spotter
    Friendly Sniper figure 20-sided roll bonus. Sniper figures with a 20-sided roll include: Deadeye Dan
    -Scout or Sniper figures: Recon Team Bonding
    Scout or Sniper Hero figure turn bonding if a Whisper Scout doesn’t destroy a figure. Scout Hero figures include: Saar Whisper Scout, Kira Jax, Theracus, Zetacron.
    Sniper Hero figures include: Deadeye Dan.

Synergy Benefits Received
    - Venoc Warlord: Scout Leadership

As a Scout, a Saar Whisper Scout may benefit from the Venoc Warlord’s SCOUT LEADERSHIP movement bonus.
    -Brave Arrow: Scout Melee Attack Enhancement
    As a Scout, if a Saar Whisper Scout is adjacent to Brave Arrow he receives an additional attack die against adjacent figures.

Synergy Imposed
    -

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:03 pm

When I printed out Whisper Scout's card, I noticed that he seemed to get lost in the dark background. I have lightened the background and adjust the brightness/contrast on the Scout himself. Let me know if you think this is an improvement or not. Yes, you can see a faint border on where I adjusted the background . . . if it passes approval, I will fix that issue by detailing the lighter layer better. Torver and maybe the Shadow Slayers will get the same treatment.

W1 Saar Whisper Scout - Released - Page 4 SaarWhisperScout2NWHC
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:30 pm

Looks great!
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:07 pm

Thanks. Much better in my opinion. I fixed the line issue and went ahead and reloaded the PDF download on Heroscapers.

Now - do I care enough to reprint my card?

Probably. What's a little ink and a sheet of printer paper?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:55 pm

Saar Whisper Scout
    NWHC Wave 1 – The Faithful and the Fallen – Harpies and Hunters

W1 Saar Whisper Scout - Released - Page 4 SaarWhisperScoutR.NWHC  W1 Saar Whisper Scout - Released - Page 4 SaarWhisperScout.BasicR.NWHC

PDF DOWNLOAD, front
    PDF DOWNLOAD, back

Figure: Star Wars, Dark Times, Trianii Scout #37

General: Aquilla
    Planet: Na’Borra

Species: Saar
    Uncommon Hero
    Class: Scout
    Personality: Precise
    Medium 5

Life: 3
    Move: 5
    Range: 8
    Attack: 2
    Defense: 3
    55 Points

ADVANCED SPOTTER

RECON TEAM BONDING
    After revealing an Order Marker on this Army Card, after taking a turn with this Whisper Scout, if this Whisper Scout did not destroy a figure, you may immediately take a turn with one other Scout or Sniper Hero you control.

Character Bio:
    The Saar are a race of feline humanoids from the planet Na’Borra that have evolved with uncanny mental abilities. The Saar have developed powerful empathic senses that allowed them to attune to the wildlife and plant-life of their homeland.

Throughout their history, the Saar homeworld has been attacked by more technologically advanced species. However the intense psychic connection of the Saar to each other and their native habitat, and their nature strength and fighting prowess, has allowed to defeat these invaders. The Saar have adapted what technology has remained and have found that their psychic abilities allow them to intuitively learn even from machines and devices.

In recent times, an advanced team of Saar rangers came under attack when scouting out a new enemy force. The felines were quickly overrun by Soulborgs and the strange hybrid of “man-and-machine” played haywire with the Saar’s empathy. As the valiant defenders tried to pull the wounded to safety, they were pulled across space and time to Valhalla by Aquilla.

The Arch-Kyrie General tended to the wounded and found a common bond with the people of Na’bora. The Saar learned of the great battle raging on Valhalla and that the villainous generals were targeting their world as well.

The first to join Aquilla’s army were the “Whisper Scouts,” so named by the Mohican River Tribe, because the Saar are both incredibly stealthy but also, they do not speak - only "whispering into the minds" of their allies. These silent warriors are a highly skilled scouts and marksmen. Their rifles have advanced optical sights and fire a deadly pulse of energy plasma that produces little sound or muzzle flash. The Whisper Scouts are best when coordinating in groups and they have adapted their telepathic abilities to send images and messages to their allies on the battlefield. This allows them to assist other marksmen to coordinate attacks on enemy positions and to relay vulnerabilities in defenses.

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- N/A

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

-Scout figures: Advanced Spotter
    Friendly Scout figures non-adjacent attack bonus. Scout figures with range include: Saar Whisper Scout, Kira Jax, Mohican River Tribe, Zetacron.

-Sniper figures: Advanced Spotter
    Friendly Sniper figure 20-sided roll bonus. Sniper figures with a 20-sided roll include: Deadeye Dan.

-Scout or Sniper figures: Recon Team Bonding
    Scout or Sniper Hero figure turn bonding if a Whisper Scout doesn’t destroy a figure. Scout Hero figures include: Saar Whisper Scout, Kira Jax, Theracus, Zetacron.
    Sniper Hero figures include: Deadeye Dan.

Synergy Benefits Received

-Venoc Warlord: Scout Leadership
    As a Scout, a Saar Whisper Scout may benefit from the Venoc Warlord’s SCOUT LEADERSHIP movement bonus.

-Brave Arrow: Scout Melee Attack Enhancement
    As a Scout, if a Saar Whisper Scout is adjacent to Brave Arrow he receives an additional attack die against adjacent figures.

Synergy Imposed

- N/A
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:08 pm

The Whisper Scout has his own post on HS . . .

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2001481&postcount=140

Kai, if you want to update the OP, you can copy the previous post. Thanks.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:21 pm

Kai mentioned at our last game day that this figure's points should be bumped from 55 to 80. I am in full agreement, even though I don't like changing stuff we have created. What do you all think? I want to make sure we are all on board with this change before making it.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:31 pm

Nomad wrote:Kai mentioned at our last game day that this figure's points should be bumped from 55 to 80. I am in full agreement, even though I don't like changing stuff we have created. What do you all think? I want to make sure we are all on board with this change before making it.

I'd say that Huskies16 has abused us with Whisper Scouts for enough time that a little bump wouldn't be a bad thing. I don't know if 80 points is right but they do add +1 attack which has a high value in 'Scape. How about 70 points? This way can decide between a Scout or a Squad of Mohicans?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:39 pm

I have changed the points to 70 on Heroscapers and uploaded a new card. I still think he is mighty strong for 70 points, but that is a good price as a decision point for Mohicans or Teeth of the Makwa.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:00 am