Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

W5 - Lea Roan and Lea Argil, FINAL

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W5 - Lea Roan and Lea Argil, FINAL - Page 2 Empty Re: W5 - Lea Roan and Lea Argil, FINAL

Post  Lord Kai Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:31 am

Lea had one play-test against Matsuko and the Roman Archers. A lone Roman Legion soldier with height had a perfect 4/4 attack on my 0/5 shields for Lea to fall off her horse in one blow. The dismounted Lea got in 2 attacks later on, but she was isolated and three ranged attacks of 3 took her down.

Only feedback would be to give her full "frenzy" instead of the restriction that she can only roll her power after attacking an opponent's figure. Frenzy doesn't happen often but a hot die could have her taking multiple back-to-back turns. I still have the question about a bonding hero with frenzy and then the timing of bonding. The rules-lawyers might argue that if you frenzy that you don't get to take a turn with the knights - but I'm not sure on that one.

Suggestion:
    Lea "Roan" (horse): - replace 'frenzy' with Augamo's charge ability

CAVALRY CHARGE SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range 1. Attack 4.
    Instead of moving and attacking normally with Lea Roan, you may move Lea Roan up to 6 spaces. Lea Roan may attack up to 2 times with Cavalry Charge Special Attack at any point before, during or after this move as long as Lea Roan is on a space where she could end his movement.

This guarantees her a 2nd attack and adds a Special Attack to the Knights. Might increase her points from 100 as this is a pretty good double-special.

Lea "Argil" (infantry): give her Battle Frenzy like Manauvi or Frost Giant:

BATTLE FRENZY
    After attacking with Manauvi, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may attack again with Manauvi.
    Nomad
    Nomad

W5 - Lea Roan and Lea Argil, FINAL - Page 2 Empty Re: W5 - Lea Roan and Lea Argil, FINAL

Post  Nomad Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:18 pm

I like your ideas and it might make Lea more entertaining to play with. The proposed Battle Frenzy is less helpful than the original Sword Frenzy, so I think I will go with your first ideal of straight frenzy. How does this look? I bumped Lea Roan's points by 10, but it may need to go higher.

LEA ROAN

General: Jandar
    Planet: Earth

Species- Human
    Unique Hero
    Class: Champion
    Personality: Wild
    Large 6

Life: 4
    Move: 8
    Range: 1
    Attack: 5
    Defense: 4
    110 Points

FALLEN HORSE OF WAR
    When Lea Roan is destroyed, you may replace Lea Roan with Lea Argil if she is on this Army Card.

LANCE OF VERDURE SPECIAL ATTACK
    Range 1. Attack 4.
    Instead of moving and attacking normally with Lea Roan, you may move Lea Roan up to 6 spaces. Lea Roan may attack up to 2 times with Lance of Verdure Special Attack at any point before, during or after this move as long as Lea Roan is on a space where she could end her movement.

DISMISS THE RABBLE
    When rolling defense dice against adjacent attacking small or medium Squad figures, Lea Roan receives 1 additional defense die.

Character Bio:
    A wild champion and her mighty war horse stampeded across the borderlands of Asia and Europe, striking fear into the foes of her mighty Scythian tribe. Dressed in the finest armament, Lea would charge and charge again with her mighty lance. On foot, Lea would strike with frenzy with her deadly long sword. Summoned by Jandar, this wild champion soon found her niche with the Knights of Weston and the Dreadgul Raiders.

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- N/A

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

-SIR ORRICK: A Brother's Call
    As a Human who follows Jandar, Lea Roan may aid Sir Orrick with his A BROTHER'S CALL movement bonus.

-MACDIRK WARRIORS: Highland Fury
    If chosen as the MacDirk's Human Champion, Lea Roan may aid the MacDirk Warriors with their HIGHLAND FURY attack bonus.

Synergy Benefits Received

-KNIGHTS OF WESTON and MACDIRK WARRIORS: Human Champion Bonding
    As a Human Champion, Lea Roan may benefit from the Knights of Weston's and MacDirk Warriors' HUMAN CHAMPION BONDING activation bonus.

-DREADGUL RAIDERS: Wild Strategic Bonding
    As a Wild Human Hero, Lea Roan may benefit from the Dreadgul Raider's WILD STRATEGIC BONDING activation bonus.

-EBON ARMOR: Animated Materiel & Eternal War
    As a Unique Human, a destroyed Ebon Armor you control may be placed on Lea Roan's Army Card to replace Lea Roan upon her own destruction if Lea Argil is not already on Lea Roan's Army Card.

-CAPT. JOHN VARAN: Purple Heart
    As a Human who follows Jandar, Lea Roan may benefit from Capt. John Varan's PURPLE HEART wound reassignment.

Synergy Imposed

-ISAMU: Dishonorable Attack
    As a figure who follows Jandar, Lea Roan causes Isamu to roll two extra attack die against him with Isamu's DISHONORABLE ATTACK special power.

--------------------------------------------
    LEA ARGIL

General: Jandar
    Planet: Earth

Species: Human
    Unique Hero
    Class: Champion
    Personality: Wild
    Medium 5

Life: 3
    Move: 5
    Range: 1
    Attack: 4
    Defense: 4
    55 Points

HORSE OF WAR
    If Lea Argil and Lea Roan are in the same army, place Lea Argil on Lea Roan’s Army Card at the start of the game.

FRENZY
    After you take a turn with Lea Argil, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may take another turn with Lea Argil.

Character Bio:
    A wild champion and her mighty war horse stampeded across the borderlands of Asia and Europe, striking fear into the foes of her mighty Scythian tribe. Dressed in the finest armament, Lea would charge and charge again with her mighty lance. On foot, Lea would strike with frenzy with her deadly long sword. Summoned by Jandar, this wild champion soon found her niche with the Knights of Weston and the Dreadgul Raiders.

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- N/A

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

-SIR ORRICK: A Brother's Call
    As a Human who follows Jandar, Lea Argil may aid Sir Orrick with his A BROTHER'S CALL movement bonus.

-MACDIRK WARRIORS: Highland Fury
    If chosen as the MacDirk's Human Champion, Lea Argil may aid the MacDirk Warriors with their HIGHLAND FURY attack bonus.

Synergy Benefits Received

-VENOC WARLORD: Frenzy Enhancement
    Having the Frenzy power, Lea Argil may benefit from Venoc Warlord’s FRENZY ENHANCEMENT d20 bonus.

-KNIGHTS OF WESTON and MACDIRK WARRIORS: Human Champion Bonding
    As a Human Champion, Lea Argil may benefit from the Knights of Weston's and MacDirk Warriors' HUMAN CHAMPION BONDING activation bonus.

-DREADGUL RAIDERS: Wild Strategic Bonding
    As a Wild Human Hero, Lea Argil may benefit from the Dreadgul Raider's WILD STRATEGIC BONDING activation bonus.

-EBON ARMOR: Animated Materiel & Eternal War
    As a Unique Human, a destroyed Ebon Armor you control may be placed on Lea Argil's Army Card to replace Lea Argil upon her own destruction.

-CAPT. JOHN VARAN: Purple Heart
    As a Human who follows Jandar, Lea Argil may benefit from Capt. John Varan's PURPLE HEART wound reassignment.

Synergy Imposed

-ISAMU: Dishonorable Attack
    As a figure who follows Jandar, Lea Argil causes Isamu to roll two extra attack die against her with Isamu's DISHONORABLE ATTACK special power.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:40 pm

Bump. Thoughts on the previous post? I have also added in the synergies to that post.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:02 am

Nomad wrote:Bump. Thoughts on the previous post? I have also added in the synergies to that post.

Totally nit-picking now .. watching out for Heroscaper Trolls ...

Should we add "immediately" to this wording, so there isn't conflict for her not entering play if she is killed by a Zombie or the like?

FALLEN HORSE OF WAR
    When Lea Roan is destroyed, you may replace Lea Roan with Lea Argil if she is on this Army Card.

FALLEN HORSE OF WAR
    When Lea Roan is destroyed, immediately replace Lea Roan with Lea Argil if she is on this Army Card.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:12 pm

Yes, and I should probably indicate where to replace her.

FALLEN HORSE OF WAR
    When Lea Roan is destroyed, immediately replace Lea Roan with Lea Argil if she is on this Army Card. Lea Argil must be placed on a space occupied by Lea Roan when she was destoyed.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:02 am

This is looking promising to be one of my favorite characters.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:37 am

OP updated
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:19 am

the two Lea's, dreadguls x4, pel the hillgiant, and guilty (550) vs. 53rd x 4, Laglor, Krav, Skahen. Dreadguls win with 5 Raiders and full life Guilty. Attack/Defense rolls favored the Raider team, Vyadar team lost 1 turn late to Laglor getting killed, and had 1 turn where only 1 53rd was left. Roan did okay with her 8 move to close out range attackers, namely the Krav. Argil put a couple of wounds on Laglor and 1 on skahen. At 1 point a 53rd with heighth put 2 wounds for the kill on Roan and another rolled 3 of 3 against Argil who managed 1 shield (I then realized the 1st attacker was engaged with a dreadgul so it didn't come into play). This made me wonder if 3 life is enough for Argil? Probably obvious but might be worth a faq; when placing Argil does she take leaving engagement attacks if she is placed on space away from figures Roan was engaged with? This might be stupid to even question. One thing I would really like to see is that order markers transfer to Argil, especially if she stays with 3 life.

FALLEN HORSE OF WAR
    When Lea Roan is destroyed, immediately replace Lea Roan with Lea Argil if she is on this Army Card. Lea Argil must be placed on a space occupied by Lea Roan when she was destoyed.

FALLEN HORSE OF WAR
    If Lea Argil is on this army card and Lea Roan is destroyed, immediately replace Lea Roan with Lea Argil. Lea Argil must be placed on a space occupied by Lea Roan when she was destroyed. Any order markers on this card are transferred to Lea Argils card

Not sure about the wording of the last part, but the first part clears up "she" being used to refer to both Lea's.

When I built the ROTV and 2 RTTFF map I thought range would destroy anyone crossing the 2 wide bridge. The Dreadguls gained 4 extra moves in 5 rounds of play, 2 one turn and 3 of the 4 extra moves at least helped them engage 1 figure, but did not drastically alter the outcome. Looking forward to a couple more playtests to get a better feel of these characters.

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:41 am

Thanks for the play test!

A FAQ about the leaving engagement would be good to include. Argil can be placed on either space that Roan occupied when destroyed, so no leaving engagement since she didn't technically move.

Great point about transferring the OMs. I think it would be good to include in the power. I never really thought about it because it hasn't come up - they have always bonded with Dreadguls or Knights of Weston and were destroyed before the common squads.

Argil's 3 life is low . . . especially if she is caught in a scrum when dismounting the fallen horse. We may need to reconsider this.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:20 pm

Got a number of play tests in with these two. I am going to drop Roan's SA from 4 to 3 and reword her Fallen Horse power per Derek's suggestion. I now think they are both good to go and vote them as final.

Lea Roan

FALLEN HORSE OF WAR
    If Lea Argil is on this Army Card and Lea Roan is destroyed, immediately replace Lea Roan with Lea Argil. Place Lea Argil on a space occupied by Lea Roan. Lea Argil does not take leaving engagement attacks when placed and all order markers on this Army Card are transferred to Lea Argil's Army Card.

Range 1. Attack 3.
    Instead of moving and attacking normally with Lea Roan, you may move Lea Roan up to 6 spaces. Lea Roan may attack up to 2 times with Lance of Verdure Special Attack at any point before, during or after this move as long as Lea Roan is on a space where she could end her movement.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:04 pm

Nomad wrote:Got a number of play tests in with these two. I am going to drop Roan's SA from 4 to 3 and reword her Fallen Horse power per Derek's suggestion. I now think they are both good to go and vote them as final.

Range 1. Attack 3.

Two Special Attacks of 3 is pretty good still, since she is 110 points on her own. Augamo is 2 attacks of 4 with a move of 4 but he's 155. She doesn't have Disengage so she'll have to 'stick and move' so to speak to keep her out of trouble.

Sounds good to me!
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:57 pm

Final card, stats, powers, and book has been updated in the OP. Let me know if you see anything amiss before I start posting on Heroscapers (probably this coming weekend).
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:05 pm

These two have been shared on Heroscapers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 7:56 pm