Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

W5 - Mallekim - Final

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W5 - Mallekim - Final - Page 2 Empty Re: W5 - Mallekim - Final

Post  Lord Kai Thu May 18, 2017 8:10 pm

Simplifying - going to drop the Conjured Controller idea. I really like the concept - but it is too word heavy. This makes him less useful without Bonding but easier to fit into different army builds.

Unit Name: MALLEKIM
    General: UTGAR
    Species: Djinn
    Type: Unique Hero
    Class: Minion
    Personality: Tormented
    Size: MEDIUM 6
    Stats
    Life: 3
    Move: 6
    Range: 5
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 6

Special Powers
    VORTEX ORB
    Instead of attacking, choose a space within 5 spaces of Mallekim that is no more than 10 levels above or below Mallekim's height and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, any figure on that space receives 1 wound, and you may chose a small or medium figure within 2 spaces of the chosen space. Place the chosen figure adjacent to that space. Figures moved by Vortex Orb will not take any leaving engagement attacks but they may take falling damage.

STEALTH FLYING
    When counting spaces for Mallekim's movement, ignore elevations. Mallekim may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If Mallekim is engaged when he starts to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:21 pm

Ah, we've worked so hard on the Conjured Controller power and I think we were pretty close. The power really fits the sculpt. Let's not give up yet.

What about Valkrill as a general? He would be pretty chaotic with the conjured controller power.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:11 am

Bringing back the "Controller" concepts for MALLEKIM.  Here were some army ideas from a while back.

Stats

Special Powers
    CONJURED CONTROLLER
    After any player reveals an Order Marker on an Arachnomancer, Battle Mage, Warwitch, or Wizard they control within 8 spaces of Mallekim, before taking a turn with that figure, they may roll the 20-sided die. If you control that figure add 8 to the result. If they roll a 16 or higher, take temporary control of Mallekim and immediately take a turn with him. At the end of that turn, control of Mallekim returns to his original owner. All order markers that were on this Army Card will stay on this Army Card.

VORTEX ORB
    Instead of attacking, choose a space within 5 spaces of Mallekim that is no more than 10 levels above or below Mallekim's height and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, any figure on that space receives 1 wound, and you may chose a small or medium figure within 2 spaces of the chosen space. Place the chosen figure adjacent to that space. Figures moved by Vortex Orb will not take any leaving engagement attacks but they may take falling damage.

STEALTH FLYING
    When counting spaces for Mallekim's movement, ignore elevations. Mallekim may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If Mallekim is engaged when he starts to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Lord Kai wrote:Army Builds:
    UTGAR 'Controller' -
    Mallekim ... 90
    Estivara ... 180
    Wyvern x 2 ... 380
    Spiders x3 ... 500

MARRO 'Controller' -
    Mallekim ... 90
    Kee-Moo-Shi ... 220
    Marro Dividers x4 ... 420
    Marro Warriors ... 470
    Marcu ... 490
    Isamu ... 500

ULLAR 'Controller' -
    Mallekim ... 90
    Sonlen ... 250
    Emirroon ... 330
    Kyntela ... 350
    Warriors of Ashra x3 ... 500

JANDAR 'Controller' -
    Mallekim ... 90
    Everan Sunshadow ... 170
    Omnicron Snipers x3 ... 470
    Eldgrimm ... 500

EINAR 'Controller' -
    Mallekim ... 90
    Quorik Warwitch ... 200
    Beakface Sneaks x6 ... 380
    Asterios ... 500
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:20 pm

Yay! finally had play-tests with Mallekim!

There character ended up being very unpredictable - mostly because controlling him and his main Vortex power are d20 bases - so if you are not rolling well, he seems like a waste of 90-points.

Nomad was using the Raptorian Warwitch for "control" bonding but missed more than half of his attempts to get the bound monster into the action. And I'd say he was 1 out of 5 for Vortex when he did get to take turns.

In my 2nd game against him, I had Estivara who made 2 control rolls of 16+ to take turns with him. They weren't pivotal but certainly didn't help.

Not sure if Vortex Orb works very well because it didn't take effect as often as it could. It certainly changed board-position with figures so probably good that it only works 50% of the time.

More testing needed, but an interesting start.

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:45 pm

I know it was back in August, but the playtests we did were insightful. At this point I don't think there is anything I would change. A few more playtests and I think Mallekim should be good to go. Except I still think this chaotic figure would be a good addition to Valkrill rather than Utgar.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:17 am

Nomad wrote:I know it was back in August, but the playtests we did were insightful. At this point I don't think there is anything I would change. A few more playtests and I think Mallekim should be good to go. Except I still think this chaotic figure would be a good addition to Valkrill rather than Utgar.

Yeah he really needs a few more Vortex play-tests to make sure he's not broken.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:50 pm

Kai and I got in a play test with Mallekim yesterday . . . on a lava map. He was able to use the vortex power to move a couple of my Samurai into lava, in addition to taking out the targeted Samurai. Stealth Flying was excellent. Mallekim killed more than his points. Even though he was particularly strong in this battle, it was good to see figures like Kee-Mo-Shi and Eravan Sunshadow have some importance to an army build.

Me thinks Mallekim is good to go, except I still think this chaotic figure would be a good addition to Valkrill rather than Utgar.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:46 pm

Mallekim is one of those characters that wins or loses based on the d20 rolls.  I probably missed 5 out of 10 attempts at the "double-turn" with Conjured Controller.  Once I stopped trying that, and just went with OM's straight on Mallekim, I had much more success with the character.

I do feel that Conjured Controller is too complicated ~ and I am leaning towards dropping it (or altering it).  I know, I know.  For fun games, it totally makes sense - but for the greater community, I think it would get some flak.

Vortex Orb works like it should - though lava ~ yeah, that's a killer combo for a 50/50 chance of success.

I do think that C3V weighs being able to move figures like highly - such as Arashara Goshiri (whom I think is over-priced).  For 90 points, and just a 5% difference for the move than Arashara - I'm wondering about the points.  Granted, she swaps figures and Mallekim pulls a figure toward the vortex, but the effective range is 7 (5 range + 2 spaces away).  I'm probably over-thinking it, but maybe a move up to 110 is in order (also keeps him in line with Brunak stats though Stealth Flying + Range is pretty awesome).

2/3/2018 - Latest Stat:
    Spoiler:

Simpler version (no flaw except what would be in a Bio).

Stats

Special Powers
    STEALTH FLYING

VORTEX ORB

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:44 pm

First effort on card . . . feedback appreciated.

W5 - Mallekim - Final - Page 2 Y4mWHltxMhnuIE0SmwSzTyBtOsIUofw1Q8BfhJUIqF33FNvBGE0kkbRm1_ID9DfbdzhUcUVnY-haMar1hGV9r5ApGBHagdag7ifuYtxMirHu0V1gqG8A-JTkm2W8lbllz-X2zjm6kXuN0IA3lO8J0qi2jXQNoIp_uFPNvnZz8q0Zm4jiFvbEdFQ31EZPrS2GWVKwYA-WaDiH1FTv-JDX0X64A?width=1024&height=961&cropmode=none
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:45 pm

After many play tests with Mallekim, I am ready to vote him as good to go.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:25 pm

Working on the basic side of the card.

Planet? How does Toril sound?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:19 am

Mallekim
    NWHC Wave 5 - Harbingers of Triumph - Spirits and Mummies

W5 - Mallekim - Final - Page 2 Y4mwcL25pI1R006CADfmHSyfhRGXFfqnx5uVVT6qiFQzO0BJIAvQ8NXbvV9O5BKuOOmTX2CJVWYGPlvMl6rIqBRMMmPwgonXVANdqlNvQNEpRP4vD4ZBqyJCydpEHnjouo9cHTH4XlGj2rs7Q-EGfWyXfXNDeoLLa-Ri5R6UofTjFKISANAcD5Zi64fFM0BZ0N1-iiXqCOx4SF6iwxu8VPg3Q?width=1024&height=961&cropmode=none
    W5 - Mallekim - Final - Page 2 Y4mVIBoUnYDEDiOFgihir0Xpb_-HmY0jDFkK4C_iUh1GQY8kQ8No3ozlclQAXcvbgdOxJMo1z0maxKZnxQrZ-GN-coA7McHCH9XnNxbRVCpmeQUuW67ioqOmlJhMESVfF2Tx6a8WUdHrOXdBRgfyZEqk-iv40Ijr6OihB1v7RTux1Giho4_7rfhg6sd1TTnUu0dvbtQLLBD-HF9nYwX3VsPlw?width=1024&height=961&cropmode=none

PDF DOWNLOAD, front
    PDF DOWNLOAD, back

Figure: Heroclix, DOTA 2 Dire Starter Set, Lich #105

General: Utgar
    Planet: Toril

110 Points

VORTEX ORB
    Instead of attacking, choose a space within 5 spaces of Mallekim that is no more than 10 levels above Mallekim's height or below his base and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, any figure on that space receives 1 wound, and you may chose a small or medium figure within 2 spaces of the chosen space. Place the chosen figure adjacent to that space. Figures moved by Vortex Orb will not take any leaving engagement attacks but they may take falling damage.

STEALTH FLYING

Character Bio:
    Coming soon ...

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- N/A

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

- N/A

Synergy Benefits Received

-ORNAK: Red Flag of Fury Aura
    As a unique hero who follows Utgar, Mallekim may benefit from Ornak's Red Flag of Fury Aura.

-TORIN: Evil Eye Protection
    As a medium Utgar figure, Mallekim may benefit from Torin's EVIL EYE PROTECTION Defensive Ability.

Synergy Imposed

-TEMPLAR CAVALRY: Righteous Smite
    As a figure who follows Utgar, Mallekim causes opposing Templar Cavalry figures to roll an extra attack die against him with their RIGHTEOUS SMITE special power.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:22 pm

Looks good! I had a ton of overly complicated ideas for this guy but I think keeping it simple was best.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:43 pm

Looks ready.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:49 am

Mallekim has been shared on Heroscapers (2/23/20)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:27 pm