Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

W5 - Swift Draw Hardin - cowboy brainstorming

Nomad
    Nomad

W5 - Swift Draw Hardin - cowboy brainstorming  - Page 3 Empty Re: W5 - Swift Draw Hardin - cowboy brainstorming

Post  Nomad Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:15 pm

Quick Draw Hardin
    NWHC Wave 5 - Harbingers of Triumph - Heroes of the Shadow

W5 - Swift Draw Hardin - cowboy brainstorming  - Page 3 Y4mkq4J5jbm7ba0y6I1vvtIgZCv-COZvNNZzUW99ApjWxkHqyiwfiw-NismtJ-ODmhyM3eR48rLlEqBZQqVguBF9WToYoA1Z-nhDnTJAHuloXwbCXmJsJuQQhcCpEmJnczwdnZyH25qnD-qAhBjwbbDef_720PTDdROwMEJFMiJCTuh--tXTL3ihvwxUHlORk4JU9Xrr_ewWGQ6LBzPAlKQLQ?width=1024&height=961&cropmode=none
    W5 - Swift Draw Hardin - cowboy brainstorming  - Page 3 Y4mQ30qx-5HRDyGvGhIrI4iBrCXOGamWSs2tDMrTOYPVLXHt4arfCza1FEBAGbStfhW36qx2yca8F42TNO9HYhwHqWR56sZkK9vXVBfM-nqPUN8zx9Uqy-3sI6MBGIews-pZtW48nKKp-hA5--PXU6YPQjpCE1JMmN3iicIUbOJH4gsoo70nnSWa8dwAgcixhqXanu45ruyArqswFjx2rszBA?width=1024&height=961&cropmode=none

PDF DOWNLOAD, front
    PDF DOWNLOAD, back

Figure: Reaper, Chronoscope Bones, Deadeye Slim

General: Valkrill
    Planet: Earth

Species: Human
    Unique Hero
    Class: Outlaw
    Personality: Dangerous
    Medium 5

Life: 5
    Move: 5
    Range: 6
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 2
    90 Points

DOUBLE ATTACK
    When Quick Draw Hardin attacks, he may attack one additional time.

QUICK DRAW 13
    When Quick Draw Hardin is targeted for a normal attack from an opponent’s non-adjacent figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Quick Draw Hardin, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, the opponent’s figure receives 1 wound.

Character Bio:
    Born in Fannin County, Texas to a father who was a Minister and Lawyer, "Quick Draw" would not follow in his father's footsteps. Practicing for hours a day with a gun, even as a kid, Hardin honed the skills of a quick draw and pinpoint accuracy. Being slight of build, "Quick Draw" avoided verbal and physical confrontation at an early age, instead relying on his reflexes and accuracy with a gun to settle disputes. This method served "Quick Draw" well as few would cross him as his reputation of being the fastest gunman spread. But no matter how fast you are with a gun, it's hard to be faster than someone standing at your back with a gun already pulled while you are throwing the dice.

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- N/A

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

- N/A

Synergy Benefits Received

- N/A

Synergy Imposed

- N/A

Last edited by Nomad on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W5 - Swift Draw Hardin - cowboy brainstorming  - Page 3 Empty Re: W5 - Swift Draw Hardin - cowboy brainstorming

Post  Lord Kai Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:16 pm

So there is no limit to the Quick Draw? It is basically a ranged Engagement strike which could be pretty powerful. I think there was a twice per turn limit at one point - maybe with the Skull version.

13+ isn't that easy to get but you could get lucky and take out a bunch of folks with it. What do you think of a twice per turn limit?

Also it has a Range 7 and he only has Range 6. I think they should match.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:23 pm

Thank you for the extra set of eyes on this!

Yes - the limit was in place previously because it prevented an attack for the ranged figure. The current version does not prevent an attack . . . unless it is a common figure who would die if a 13 or higher is rolled.

This is the same power that Garrett Burns has. I have played a few games with him - he is nothing special and overpriced in my opinion. But, he could be good against ranged squads of commons if the 20-sider is hot.

Hardin does have a double attack and is priced 20 points higher. I would think we should leave his range at 6, instead of 7 like Garrett Burns.

So, the simplistic fix would be to reduce the Quick Draw power down to a range of 6 to be in alignment with Hardin's range of 6.

Again, thank you for seeing this discrepancy!
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:53 pm

Good catch Kai. Looks good to me.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:41 pm

Quick Draw Hardin has been shared on Heroscapers (3/26/20).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:18 am