Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

W5 - Murazath, FINAL

Nomad
    Nomad

W5 - Murazath, FINAL - Page 2 Empty Re: W5 - Murazath, FINAL

Post  Nomad Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:22 am

Three play tests.

Shades Of Bleakwoode x2, Murazath, Corpse Tormentors, Rechets Of Bogdan, Iskra Esenwein = 500 points

Battle #1 v. Red Ants of Aunstrum x3, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Pulsar Soldiers x2, Master of the Hunt = 500 points
    @ Thaeberian Wellsprings

Summary: The battle took 10 rounds to complete. The Shades were 0-15 on Soul Devour d20 rolls. Murazath was instrumental in swooping in and picking off a couple of Pulsars when they're defense was low. He brought the Tormentors into the fray early with the movement bonding, rendering the ants pretty useless by reducing they're attack and defense to just 1. Murazath fell in the 9th round to the Master of the Hunt. Granted, the Undead army rolled defense pretty well, but this was pretty much a route. After Murazath fell, Iskra and the Rechets cleaned up. A Rechet even ended the battle by taking out MDG with a perfect 3/3 roll. The Undead army had 183 points remaining.

Thoughts: Murazath had tremendous staying power and was probably worth 150 points. The battle would have been even a bigger route had the Shades been able to pull off a Devour roll against MDG or the Master of the Hunt. I am wondering if we need to bump Murazath's points, or change his stats. I like his powers as they are.

Battle #2 v. Thorgrim, MacDirk Warriors x2, Alastair MacDirk, Tarn Viking Warriors, Eldgrim, Finn = 510 points
    @ Savage Corridor

Summary: What a different battle this was. The MacDirks played flawlessly. Alastair got his wound total up quickly enough to give the MacDirks some pop in their attacks. The MacDirks were rolling mostly skulls. The battle was over on turn three in the 3rd round. The Shades were only able to attempt one Soul Devour. Murazath fell to a couple of big Alastair attacks and a clean-up roll by a MacDirk on the first turn in the second round (the Undead army lost an OM). Iskra fell before should could summon the Retchets. The MacDirks had an incredible 352 points left on the battlefield.

W5 - Murazath, FINAL - Page 2 Y4mnZMBil0JXutzxdNQNg9tj3vjevz2hDCEPddNfi42ott4r9jGqaDpblYFuuHX4qC9FCL1WO-LAl3Xa4mPNKO0svD34w0Jr4eIAU_QQW1G5N9J0Q0BdttaS_p1x486c_BOnbw5rSDRwjz7jKjfz8TIj9pR8epHOXkuBh1qrgqotTA8twUpsYKj3De31EGhbTHnrqUgt_Lznt7F0Z_53bqiYg?width=1024&height=576&cropmode=none

Thoughts: After the first battle, I was thinking Murazath was too strong. I would say this game evened things out. He got clobbered before the Tormentors could be brought out. Even the high defense values of this undead army wasn't enough against the big attack rolls provided by the highlanders.

Battle #3 v. Sujoah, Fyorlag Spiders x3, Wyvern, Estivara, Jean de Ascalon = 505 points
    @ Falcon

Summary: Sujoah went for the glyph on turn one, and then fell to Murazath and friends. Things started on a positive note for the Undead army. Enter Estivara, the Wyvern, and some pretty tough Spiders. Estivara's +1 attack bonus for the spiders enabled them to do damage. The Wyvern was invincible. Iskra was dead before the Rechets could be summoned. The Shades were 0-6 on Soul Devour rolls. It didn't feel like a complete route, but the Aquilla army had 273 points left, including 7 of the 9 spiders.

W5 - Murazath, FINAL - Page 2 Y4md7pY8-l6nArKsrRNKqDaAX1VT3WnI4iGznSXYelF61pJwrLvPS1Y9ecUL3c2LGmKeZgs_S6qpKXg-ZJWaQYJ9dKOqMbojmqD5mJ1ImPLWPZEV1sv0D3KG8nrSBRfEaP-bFjJXbcgmk9h6dciqQbChi0GRoTkML4lisQrkH_ci2vW__j49uRxzP0clTLN-cHuxss8iwIAbf86Y-VfwB6i0A?width=1024&height=576&cropmode=none

Thoughts: After the first battle, I was thinking Murazath was too strong. I would say this game more than evened things out. After three play tests with this army, I think Murazath is about right in terms of stats, powers and points. I played him well in the first battle - not engaging heavy hitters and swooping in to pick off opponents. The last two battles I put him into the fray against Alastair and then against Sujoah and a bunch of 4-attack Spiders. Next, I will team him up with other undead armies to see how he will do.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:01 pm

Kai and I got in a couple games with Murazath, pairing him with Shades and Tormentors in one army and Skeletons of Annellintia and Tormentors in another against Mariedians. Team Murazath won both battles. Murazath was helpful in getting the Corpse Tormentors into the frey, getting some Soul Devour attempts for the Shades, and reanimating Skeletons. He did not seem too overpowered. With only four lives, once he got his comrades into position, he retreated from the fray in both battles after getting a couple of wounds.

I vote that we approve Murazath as final. Anyone else?
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:43 pm

Nomad wrote:Kai and I got in a couple games with Murazath, pairing him with Shades and Tormentors in one army and Skeletons of Annellintia and Tormentors in another against Mariedians. Team Murazath won both battles. Murazath was helpful in getting the Corpse Tormentors into the frey, getting some Soul Devour attempts for the Shades, and reanimating Skeletons. He did not seem too overpowered. With only four lives, once he got his comrades into position, he retreated from the fray in both battles after getting a couple of wounds.

I vote that we approve Murazath as final. Anyone else?

Yeah he's ready to go! He made the Skeletons really good but not particularly broken. And the Shades need a lot of help - which was the main driver for the figure so let's get him official.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:52 pm

Card and book are completed in the OP.

Let me know if you notice anything in error or missing.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:56 pm

Looks good!

The "Take a turn with 3 undead squad figures .. " could lead to some questions about the ability to mix & match different squads. I think that's the point … try a turn with a Shade figure (roll for Possession) then move up 2 tormentors.

I think *we* understand it but maybe just an FAQ/example if we post on Heroscapers.com
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:50 pm

Looks good.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:17 pm

Murazath has been shared on Heroscapers, 2/29/20

Sponsored content