Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

+2
Nomad
Lord Kai
6 posters

W3 - Vindicators of Vydar - Final *

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W3 - Vindicators of Vydar - Final * Empty W3 - Vindicators of Vydar - Final *

Post  Lord Kai Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:47 pm

W3 - Vindicators of Vydar - Final * GuardiansofVydarsquad

So I saw these on eBay and couldn't resist.  I just received them and they look awesome!!!

I think they'd make a new custom ... either as a Unique Squad or maybe split out into Heroes.

Last edited by Lord Kai on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:13 am; edited 3 times in total
    Nomad
    Nomad

W3 - Vindicators of Vydar - Final * Empty Re: W3 - Vindicators of Vydar - Final *

Post  Nomad Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:42 pm

W3 - Vindicators of Vydar - Final * VindicatorsofVydar2.NWHC

W3 - Vindicators of Vydar - Final * VindicatorsofVydar.Basic.NWHC

VINDICATORS OF VYDAR

Figures: Remod/Repaints of Heroscape, Thora's Vengeance/Soulborgs, Blastatrons OR Heroscape, Valkrill's Gambit/ Soulborgs, Blastatrons, AND the wings of Heroscape, Malliddon's Prophecy/Heroes of Bleakwoode, Kelda the Kyrie Warrior; Heroscape, Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior; Heroscape, Swarm of the Marro Master Set, Raelin the Krie Warrior.

General: Vydar
    Planet: Valhalla

Species: Soulborg
    Unique Squad
    Class: Guard
    Personality: Persistent
    Medium 4

Life: 1
    Move: 4
    Range: 6
    Attack: 2
    Defense: 3
    60 Points

CIRCUITRY SELF-REPAIR 14
    After taking a turn with the Vindicators of Vydar, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, place a previously destroyed Vindicator of Vydar adjacent to any unengaged figure you control.

REDIRECTED PROGRAMMING
    Add 1 to the Vindicators of Vydar Attack and Move values for each previously destroyed Vindicator of Vydar on this Army Card. A Vindicator of Vydar may not attack other friendly Vindicators of Vydar.

FLYING
    When counting spaces for Vindicators of Vydar movement, ignore elevations. Vindicators of Vydar may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When a Vindicator of Vydar starts to fly, if it is engaged it will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Bio: As the battle of all-time waged, all of the Kyrie left the camp of General Vydar in disagreement over the direction and goals of Vydar's ambitions. Deep in his underground vaults, Vydar used the skills of his technical scientists to create a squad of hybrid soulborgs and Kyrie. Vydar had his Vindicators created from the spare parts of destroyed Blastatrons and the wings of dead, or mostly dead, Kyrie. Reclaiming the skies for Vydar, the Vindicators have been programmed with the ability to repair on the battlefield and direct their programming when most beneficial to Vydar's cause.

The Book of the Vindicators of Vydar
    NWHC WAVE ? - PACK ?

- Rulings and Clarifications -

What happens if you don't have any unengaged figures to place a Vindicator next to when using Circuitry Self-Repair? If you don't control an unengaged figure, then you can't repair a Vindicator. Sorry.

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

BLASTATRONS : Homing Device
    Being a Soulborg that follows Vydar, Vindicators of Vydar may aid Blastatrons with their HOMING DEVICE attack bonus.

Synergy Benefits Received

LAGLOR : Vydar’s Range Enhancement Aura
    Being Vydar units with a range greater than 4, Vindicators of Vydar may benefit from Laglor’s VYDAR’S RANGE ENHANCEMENT AURA.

WARDEN 816 : Guard Leadership
    As guards, Vindicators of Vydar may benefit from Warden 816's GUARD LEADERSHIP movement bonus.

Synergy Imposed

Last edited by Nomad on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:53 pm; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : added Book info)
    Derek S
    Derek S

W3 - Vindicators of Vydar - Final * Empty Re: W3 - Vindicators of Vydar - Final *

Post  Derek S Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:11 pm

Looks like a blastatron raelin modification. A unique squad maybe?
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:38 am

Yes, they are Blastatron repaints with Raelin RotV wings : )
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:01 pm

Or Common Squad of 2? Let's see . . . that would 2 squads of Blastatrons, check. and 8 Raelins, check . . . but then I would only have 1 Raelin.

I vote for a unique squad of Kyrie for Vydar. We could do a squad of 2 or 3 figures.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:29 pm

Blastatrons are pretty easy to acquire (I think I have 8 squads or something).

We can probably pick up some extra RotV Raelins for some wing-clipping : P

But yeah - I'd say Unique Squad.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:00 pm

Well, let's look into getting cheap Raelins. After we price them out, perhaps we can do the wing snipping and go for common squads of these guys.

I know someone on HS was looking to buy everyone's Raelins . . . perhaps the dude who customized the Blasties?

Or, you were thinking of clipping Minions' wings to make Barbarians . . . maybe one figure in the squad could have minion wings (just paint them to match somewhat).

Lot's to think about here.

I would love having common squads of Vydar Kyrie!!!!

Oh, and we need some Aquilla Kyrie too. Maybe attach some wings to Mohicans?
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:15 pm

Cool. Let's come up with some Stats & Powers and then if we are making progress we can start customizing the sculpts.

Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:13 pm

another option would be to use the other Raelins, or Keldas, or ?s wings for some of them if they were to become commons.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:36 am

Great suggestion on Kelda for other Wing options.

We could pull from a Raelin RotV and a Raelin SotM and Kelda to make truly unique figures. And those three are fairly inexpensive and/or easy trades on Heroscapers.com. Probably best as a Unique Squad for starters.

Seems like time to start creating powers!!

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:35 pm

Yep - probably a unique squad would be best.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:55 pm

I have 8 squads of blastatrons and I think at least 4 extra of Kelda and the 2 Raelins. Enough for 4 squads of 3 figurines if we went that route- although I would eventually want to get it to where I had 3 total of the heroes- 1 for each kid down the road. But I like unique squads as well. Auggies has 30 Raelin 2 at $.89, 181 at $.99 of Raelin 1, 62 Kelda at $.79, 1 squad blastatrons at $4.99.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:10 pm

Cool, let's try for a Unique Squad and if they are really awesome we can start chopping up Raelins : P

Did either of you want to make a design for these guys, or just want me to work on it?

I initially bought them because they are cool, unique 'Scape mods.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:21 pm

I'd be happy to get the ball rolling on these guys. I will start a different thread so that I can control the OP. Stay tuned!
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:52 pm

Looking forward to your design (although I will say already I wouldn't mind these guys being common)Very Happy
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:52 pm

We need to decide if these are common squads or a unique squad before we proceed. See previous posts.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:39 pm

I would say Unique Squad.

We can chop up some Raelins and Keldas so that we can each have on set of 3. That will still be some work.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:56 pm

They are cool figures and I will be happy either way, unique or common. If they could be common that would be awesome. If they are unique that is awesome. Looking forward to the design presented- if we had an endless supply or endless funds I think common would be neat was all I was Very Happy about.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:23 am

Jacob is excited about the Vydar Kyrie. He would also like to see them as common squads. He has some ideas for them and is also planning for a Kyrie hero for Vydar.

If it would be alright, Jacob may take the lead design on these guys.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:28 am

Nomad wrote:Jacob is excited about the Vydar Kyrie. He would also like to see them as common squads. He has some ideas for them and is also planning for a Kyrie hero for Vydar.

If it would be alright, Jacob may take the lead design on these guys.

Sweet! Yeah he can totally lead the design .. and we can find some Raelins to sacrifice. Vydar would want it that way : )
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:29 am

Awesome if Jacob takes the lead.
    Huskies16
    Huskies16

Post  Huskies16 Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:59 pm

Nope
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:47 pm

No problem. The Vydar Guardians are open for an LD. I will start to flesh out some ideas.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:11 pm

Jacob had already started a thread for these guys, so I take it he is no longer wanting to continue with it?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:18 pm

I'm not sure . . . that was what I was assuming from his post. I will have to ask him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:18 am