Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

W6 - Brother's Grimm - brainstorming

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W6 - Brother's Grimm - brainstorming Empty W6 - Brother's Grimm - brainstorming

Post  Lord Kai Sat May 26, 2018 8:15 pm

Sometimes you just spend too much time on eBay looking at miniatures : )

Anyway I found these guys (unpainted) and had a friend paint them up.  For some reason I envisioned a Unique Squad of Ogres … or maybe a set of Unique Heroes like the Elf Wizards.  Brainstorming ideas welcome!!!

GRIMM GIANT

Figure: Game, Reaper Bones, Ogre Clubber, Ogre Smasher, Ogre Guard

General: UTGAR
    Planet: Feylund

Species: GIANT
    Uncommon Hero
    Class:
    Personality: Wild
    Large 6

Life: 4
    Move: 5
    Range: 1
    Attack: 4
    Defense: 3
    80 Points

BRUTE SQUAD
    After revealing an Order Marker on this card, roll the 20-sided die.  If you roll a 1-5, you may take a turn with 1 Giant you control.  If you roll a 6-15, you may take a turn with up to 2 Giants you control.  If you roll a 16 or higher, you may take a turn with up to 3 Giants you control.

INTIMIDATION
    Small and Medium figures attacked by Large or Huge figures you control subtract one from their defense for every Grimm Giant they are engaged with.

BROTHERS GRIMM
    All Grimm Giants you control add 1 to their attack and defense for each other Grimm Giant within 2 clear sight spaces.

W6 - Brother's Grimm - brainstorming BruteSquad1
    Derek S
    Derek S

W6 - Brother's Grimm - brainstorming Empty Re: W6 - Brother's Grimm - brainstorming

Post  Derek S Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:03 am

Nice paint job on these! I kind of like the idea of unique squad for these guys, mainly to not be tempted to run a whole army of these guys as uncommons. Although it is hard to imagine these guys as 1 lifers, so maybe unique might be the way to go. If you went unique, then all would have Brute Squad power, although in lanquage I would limit it to Grimm Giants that can take a turn so other Giant figures couldn't be activated. Maybe 1 has the intimidation power, 1 has the brothers Grimm power, and the other could have a different power.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W6 - Brother's Grimm - brainstorming Empty Re: W6 - Brother's Grimm - brainstorming

Post  Lord Kai Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:42 pm

Derek S wrote:Nice paint job on these!  I kind of like the idea of unique squad for these guys, mainly to not be tempted to run a whole army of these guys as uncommons.  Although it is hard to imagine these guys as 1 lifers, so maybe unique might be the way to go.  If you went unique, then all would have Brute Squad power, although in lanquage I would limit it to Grimm Giants that can take a turn so other Giant figures couldn't be activated.  Maybe 1 has the intimidation power, 1 has the brothers Grimm power, and the other could have a different power.

Cool - thanks for the feedback!

Last Everett game I showed these to Dr. Goomonkey and he is using them for a September Customs Contest:

https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55172

Of course, we can come up with whatever we want .. since we actually have the painted figures ; )
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:40 am

Oh my. I have been out of it. My leisure time has been buried for too long.

These are beautiful!

My vote would be unique squad. Give them some great stuff that could backfire (d20 roll or something).

OK, I re-read your initial post. I love the powers and potential.

OK, I read through all of the entries in Marshall's autumn contest, even yours Kai. I like your initial thoughts here the best, although I do agree some of Derek's comments as well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:48 pm