Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

4 posters

W2 Mistress Isadora - released

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

W2 Mistress Isadora - released - Page 3 Empty Re: W2 Mistress Isadora - released

Post  Lord Kai Fri May 09, 2014 10:08 pm

Nomad wrote:Are you OK with the other changes in the wording of the first power?

Damon wrote:. . . just out of curiosity, why the change from allowing Unique Heroes to escape to include Unique Squad figures as well?

Kai's:
    CYBERNETIC PRISON
    Before attacking, you may choose a small or medium figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Mistress Isadora and roll the 20-sided die. If the chosen figure is common add 5 to your roll. If you roll a 1-15, nothing happens. If you roll a 16-20 place the chosen figure on this army card.  At the end of each round, roll one attack die for each Unique figure that has been placed on Mistress Isadora's Army Card by Cybernetic Prison. If you roll a skull, that figure receives one wound. If you do not roll a skull, place that Unique figure adjacent to Mistress Isadora, if possible. When Mistress Isadora is destroyed, before removing her from the battlefield, all figures on her card that were placed there from Cybernetic Prison must be placed on any adjacent spaces. If there are no available spaces, destroy the chosen figure(s).

Damon's:
    CYBERNETIC PRISON
    Before attacking, you may choose any small or medium figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Mistress Isadora. Roll the 20-sided die. If the chosen figure is Common add 5 to your roll. If you roll a 1-15, nothing happens. If you roll a 16 or higher place the chosen figure on this Army Card. At the end of each round, roll one attack die for each Unique figure that has been placed on Mistress Isadora's Army Card by Cybernetic Prison. If you roll a skull, that figure receives one wound. If you do not roll a skull, place that Unique figure adjacent to Mistress Isadora, if possible. When Mistress Isadora is destroyed, before removing her from the battlefield, all figures on her card that were placed there from Cybernetic Prison must be placed on any adjacent spaces. If there are no available spaces, destroy the chosen figure(s).

These changes are good with me.

--

The decision on Unique Squad figures was to give them some sort of advantage for being "unique." Those Samurai need all the help they can get, right? : P
    Nomad
    Nomad

W2 Mistress Isadora - released - Page 3 Empty Re: W2 Mistress Isadora - released

Post  Nomad Sat May 10, 2014 12:18 am

The only other change I suggested was here . . . . Roll the 20-sided die.

OK - I'm all for allowing the unique squad figures a chance to escape. I just wasn't sure if I was missing something.

Looks good.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sat May 10, 2014 12:48 am

Nomad wrote:The only other change I suggested was here . . . . Roll the 20-sided die.

OK - I'm all for allowing the unique squad figures a chance to escape. I just wasn't sure if I was missing something.

Looks good.

Thanks, I cut/pasted your version into the OP.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat May 10, 2014 11:55 am

W2 Mistress Isadora - released - Page 3 MistressIsadoraNWHC
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:39 pm

Kai, do you remember the miniature information for Isadora?
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:17 pm

Sorry I will update the OP

Player's Handbook Heroes Series 2, Female Human Wizard
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:56 pm

She is from D&D?

Yep - I found her on Mini Market. Heroscapers has been updated. Thanks.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:32 pm

I have a feeling that the Sheildsmiths of Granite Keep cannot be placed on Mistress Isadoras card due to Steadfast. Might have to wait for the clarification in the sheildsmiths books when they are up.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:11 pm

Mistress Isadora
    NWHC WAVE 2 - REINFORCEMENTS OF THE TAUNTING TIDE - HEROES OF MITLJORN

W2 Mistress Isadora - released - Page 3 MistressIsadoraR.NWHC  W2 Mistress Isadora - released - Page 3 MistressIsadora.BasicR.NWHC

PDF DOWNLOAD, front
    PDF DOWNLOAD, back

Figure: D&D, Player's Handbook Heroes Series 2, Female Human Wizard

General: Utgar
    Planet: Isadora

Species: Soulborg
    Unique Hero
    Class: Warden
    Personality: Terrifying
    Medium 4

Life: 3
    Move: 5
    Range: 6
    Attack: 2
    Defense: 6
    110 Points

CYBERNETIC PRISON
    Before attacking, you may choose any small or medium figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Mistress Isadora. Roll the 20-sided die. If the chosen figure is Common add 5 to your roll. If you roll a 1-15, nothing happens. If you roll a 16 or higher place the chosen figure on this Army Card. At the end of each round, roll one attack die for each Unique figure that has been placed on Mistress Isadora's Army Card by Cybernetic Prison. If you roll a skull, that figure receives one wound. If you do not roll a skull, place that Unique figure adjacent to Mistress Isadora, if possible. When Mistress Isadora is destroyed, before removing her from the battlefield, all figures on her card that were placed there from Cybernetic Prison must be placed on any adjacent spaces. If there are no available spaces, destroy the chosen figure(s).

INTERROGATION
    Before taking a turn with Mistress Isadora you may choose 1 figure on her card for Interrogation. The chosen figure receives 1 wound and you may look at any unrevealed order markers on the chosen figure's army card. If a figure is destroyed by Interrogation, remove them from this Army Card.

Character Bio:
    As the wars on Alpha Prime raged on, the Soulborgs continued to evolve from their simple Robota origins into more efficient machines of war. Seeking more ways to upgrade and improve, the Soulborgs expanded their own science but also forced captive Mariedians to develop other advances. One leap forward in technology was the creation of the massive living computers that were collections of different ‘souls.’ One such living computer, dubbed MSS-I-47 (for Master Series System 47 - Planet Isadora), was the most successful and feared.

As its primary task, MSS-I-47 was to manage and control captive Mariedians. It created a process for imprisoning, interrogating, and when appropriate, re-educating and re-programming them into useful tools for the new rulers of Alpha Prime.

Over hundreds of years of torture and cruelty, MSS-I-47 made several advances with its experiments. The Soulborg developed machines to hack into the minds of its captives, carving through their recent memories as well as deepest secrets. The subjects rarely survived the surgically invasive interrogations and so MSS-I-47 explored ways to “digitize” its victims and bring them into both a physical and virtual prison. Once in the cybernetic prison, the subject’s mind could be explored, the necessary information extracted, and then if they somehow survived, their body would be ejected from the system for re-programming or future interrogation if needed.

MSS-I-47 continued to grow in power and technomantic knowledge. In continuing experiments, it “re-programmed” the Mariedians from human bodied slaves into robotic soldiers. From those experiments rose a new class of Soulborg labeled the Alpha Prime Enforcers. Metal and cyber-machinery wrapped in synthetic flesh to appear humanoid, the Enforcers descended on Mariedian targets revealed during interrogation. The Enforcers wore the face of their former host, and then once their task was complete they were issued a silver mask to join the faceless ranks of MSS-I-47’s hunters and guardians.

After nearly a thousand year reign of terror, the civil war between the Soulborgs of Alpha Prime erupted on Isadora. The Omnicrons launched a surprise attack, arming Mariedians as a distraction from their primary mission – to steal the technology of MSS-I-47. With its Enforcers barely holding off the Omnicrons, the massive soulborg knew it was only a matter of time before it would fall to the enemy. It had grown to incredible size, nearly that of a building, but its only hope to escape was to inhabit the body of one of its Enforcers. Only a fraction of its power would remain but its main programming would survive. With the assistance of its guardians, MSS-I-47 transferred its Robota soul into a female Enforcer body, and after destroying her back-up data, slipped away from the battle.

MSS-I-47 found life outside of her massive form surprisingly invigorating. Her guardians now called her Mistress, as she was both their dominator and commander. She retreated to other hidden bases to continue to improve her now mobile form. She developed a portable digitizing weapon to encase her enemies in a cybernetic prison and if they survived they could be transferred to storage devices or prison cells later. The confines of the portable cyber-prison are not as strong, so there was a chance that a willful captive will escape, but Mistress Isadora’s Enforcers are often nearby to recover the escapee.

During the various conflicts between the Soulborgs of Alpha Prime, Mistress Isadora worked with several allies including Warden 816. The two fought side by side and the Mistress shared her guardsmen with the Warden’s forces. In exchange Warden 816 provided schematics and designs elements for his Evisceraxe so that the Enforcers’ weapons could be upgraded to their signature Power Axes.

She also learned how to transfer her programming (“soul”) into other Enforcers, though this required an elaborate procedure. It meant that if her current host was heavily damaged, that her guardians could revive her in a new body if necessary.

When seeking new soldiers and leaders for the Battle of All Time, Utgar could not resist pulling the Mistress and her Enforcers to Valhalla. She was more than willing to face off against the Omnicrons and Mariedians again, and she had many new species to dominate and experiment on once again.

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- N/A

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

-Alpha Prime Enforcer: Bodyguard Detail
    Being an Unique Hero that is a Warden who follows Utgar, after revealing an order marker on Mistress Isadora, you may take a turn with up to 2 Alpha Prime Enforcers.

Synergy Benefits Received

-Jean de Ascalon: When the Bell Tolls
    Having an Unique Army Card with a power that requires a 20-sided die roll, Mistress Isadora may benefit from Jean de Ascalon’s WHEN THE BELL TOLLS 20-sided die roll enhancer.

-Ornak: Red Flag of Fury Aura
    As a Unique Hero that follows Utgar, Mistress Isadora may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.

-ZETTIAN INFANTRY : Utgar Soulborg Bonding
    As a Soulborg hero who follows Utgar, Mistress Isadora may benefit from Zettian Infantry's UTGAR SOULBORG BONDING.

-ZETTIAN INFANTRY : Circuitry Replacement
    As a Soulborg hero who follows Utgar, Mistress Isadora may benefit from Zettian Infantry's CIRCUITRY REPLACEMENT.

-Deathcommander Mark 3: Heavy Support Command Beacon
    Being an Unique Soulborg figure that follows Utgar, Mistress Isadora may take a turn with Deathcommander Mark 3’s HEAVY SUPPORT COMMAND BEACON activation bonus.

-Deathcommander Mark 3: Marked For Destruction
    Being an Soulborg that follows Utgar, Mistress Isadora may utilize Deathcommander Mark 3’s MARKED FOR DESTRUCTION attack die re-roll power.

-Torin: Evil Eye Protection
    As a Medium figure that follows Utgar, Mistress Isadora may benefit from Torin's Evil Eye Protection defensive ability.

Synergy Imposed

- N/A
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:11 pm

The Mistress has her own post on HS . . .

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2001711&postcount=156

Kai, copy the previous post into the OP if you want to update it. Thanks.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:17 pm

Nomad wrote:The Mistress has her own post on HS . . .

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2001711&postcount=156

Kai, copy the previous post into the OP if you want to update it. Thanks.

I will work on updating the OP's of these threads with the new individual links and details. Probably slow progress over the week.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:33 pm

No hurry. Since we have everything on Heroscapers.com already, it isn't a necessity at all - just for our reference in case we come back to it here and don't want to search through the thread.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:23 am

I have played a few battles with Mistress. What an amazing design and tons of fun!

I scanned through the thread and tried to think back to play tests and discussions . . . and I'm probably missing some basic rule.

If a figure is imprisoned on Isadora's card, can they attack her? I'm thinking not. She is the last figure standing in her army and it could make all the difference. It just doesn't seem like the imprisoned figure and attack her. We may want to add it to the clarifications.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:49 am

Nomad wrote:I have played a few battles with Mistress. What an amazing design and tons of fun!

I scanned through the thread and tried to think back to play tests and discussions . . . and I'm probably missing some basic rule.

If a figure is imprisoned on Isadora's card, can they attack her? I'm thinking not. She is the last figure standing in her army and it could make all the difference. It just doesn't seem like the imprisoned figure and attack her. We may want to add it to the clarifications.

Yeah I think the basic rule is that only figures on the battlefield may be 'activated' to Move/Attack. Since your opponent's figure is "imprisoned" on your Army Card, they cannot move, attack, or use special abilities {since they are not on the battlefield}.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:51 am

That is what I thought. Thanks.

So, what if a figure on Isadora's card had a treasure glyph? If the figure dies due to interrogation, does the treasure glyph get removed, or does Izzy get the treasure?
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:39 am

Nomad wrote:That is what I thought. Thanks.

So, what if a figure on Isadora's card had a treasure glyph? If the figure dies due to interrogation, does the treasure glyph get removed, or does Izzy get the treasure?

Oooh, good question! I would say that the treasure is destroyed - since it is a "cyber prison" - Isadora can't access it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:50 am