Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

+2
Admin
Lord Kai
6 posters

W2 Alpha Prime Enforcer - released

Nomad
    Nomad

W2 Alpha Prime Enforcer - released - Page 4 Empty Re: W2 Alpha Prime Enforcer - released

Post  Nomad Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:09 pm

W2 Alpha Prime Enforcer - released - Page 4 AlphaPrimeEnforcerNWHC

How does this sound?
    Derek S
    Derek S

W2 Alpha Prime Enforcer - released - Page 4 Empty Re: W2 Alpha Prime Enforcer - released

Post  Derek S Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:23 pm

should it be, or could it be
    after revealing an order marker on a Unique guard squad, or Unique Deathwalker, or Unique Warden...

Looks awesome!.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:36 pm

Derek wrote:should it be, or could it be
    after revealing an order marker on a Unique Guard squad, Unique Deathwalker, or Unique Warden . . .

That would probably read easier, but I think the text was copied from a HS card . . . I just can't find which one. Let's have Kai make the call on the change in wording.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:14 pm

What is written on the card is grammatically correct (at least in MS Word).

I have the Squad (comma) or to separate Unique Squad from the two types of Unique Heroes that can be bonded with.

Reversal:
    Okay, after reading the card the "follows Utgar" part needs the comma otherwise it could be interpreted that the Unique Squad doesn't have to follow Utgar.

Update:

BODYGUARD DETAIL
    After revealing an order marker on a unique Guard squad, unique Deathwalker hero, or unique Warden hero you control that follows Utgar, after taking a turn with that unit, you may take a turn with two Alpha-Prime Enforcers you control.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:48 pm

Here is an updated card with the new language. If you don't see changes, try refreshing your browser.

I vote that the Enforcer be approved!
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Looks good. Thanks for fixing, and for Derek catching the grammar.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu May 08, 2014 12:03 am

OP Updated with Stats and Bio.

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu May 08, 2014 8:14 pm

Double checking the Power Axe wording: should be its instead of it's

An Alpha Prime Enforcer cannot have its Range modified.

It's is a contraction for it is or it has.

Its is a possessive pronoun meaning, more or less, of it or belonging to it.

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri May 09, 2014 7:03 pm

Yep, it's correct. I mean, its correct. Right, its will get changed soon. Very Happy 

Done. You may have to refresh your browser.

Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:49 am

Do we want to drop the range clause with the FAQ on Deathwalker and the range of 4 qualification?  I do. We can make mention of this fact in the rulings and clarifications in the book of this figure.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:09 pm

Yeah, we can drop it. Sorry I didn't think of looking in the Errata/FAQ.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:47 am

OK - I will edit the card when I get a chance. I'm not going to worry about printing new ones.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:01 am

I'm starting to redo Wave 2 cards.

I think this is a much better rewording of the Alpha Prime's power . . . following the lines of Kato and Kantano. It is much easier to follow and I don't know why we didn't think of this before:

BODYGUARD DETAIL
    You may take a turn with two Alpha Prime Enforcers that you control after revealing an Order Marker and taking a turn with one of the following that you control:

• 1 Unique Guard Squad that follows Utgar, or

• 1 Unique Deathwalker Hero that follows Utgar, or

• 1 Unique Warden Hero you control that follows Utgar.

there won't be the extra space on the card in-between the list on the cards.

Also, due to the errata on Deathwalker, the last clause on  the original Power-axe can be deleted to read as the following (per agreement of last July):

POWER-AXE
    When an Alpha Prime Enforcer attacks a figure that has a Special Attack, add 1 attack die.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:03 am

Sounds good.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:28 am

Hmm, I needed to rewrite it a bit more . . .

BODYGUARD DETAIL
    You may take a turn with two Alpha Prime Enforcers that you control when revealing an Order Marker on and after taking a turn with one of the following that you control:

1 Unique Guard Squad that follows Utgar, or

1 Unique Deathwalker Hero that follows Utgar, or

1 Unique Warden Hero you control that follows Utgar.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:42 am

OK. This is the first major re-haul of a card's power that I've done. Please take a look to see if it works to your satisfaction:

W2 Alpha Prime Enforcer - released - Page 4 AlphaPrimeEnforcer.NWHC

W2 Alpha Prime Enforcer - released - Page 4 AlphaPrimeEnforcer.Basic.NWHC
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:04 pm

Nomad wrote:Hmm, I needed to rewrite it a bit more . . .

BODYGUARD DETAIL
    You may take a turn with two Alpha Prime Enforcers that you control when revealing an Order Marker on and after taking a turn with one of the following that you control:

The new wording just doesn't flow smoothly. I think I like the old phrasing better:

After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Guard squad, Unique Deathwalker hero, or Unique Warden hero you control that follows Utgar, after taking a turn with that unit, you may take a turn with two Alpha-Prime Enforcers you control.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:32 pm

How about?

BODYGUARD DETAIL
    After revealing an Order Marker on and after taking a turn with one of the following that you control:

You may take a turn with two Alpha Prime Enforcers that you control.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm

The Book of Alpha-Prime Enforcer

NWHC WAVE 2-

- Rulings and Clarifications -

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

Synergy Benefits Received
    - ZETTIAN INFANTRY : Utgar Soulborg Bonding

As a Soulborg hero who follows Utgar, an Alpha-Prime Enforcer may benefit from Zettian Infantry's UTGAR SOULBORG BONDING.
    - ZETTIAN INFANTRY : Circuitry Replacement
    As a Soulborg hero who follows Utgar, an Alpha-Prime Enforcer may benefit from Zettian Infantry's CIRCUITRY REPLACEMENT.
    -Deathcommander Mark 3: Marked For Destruction
    Being a Soulborg that follows Utgar, an Alpha-Prime Enforcer may utilize Deathcommander Mark 3’s MARKED FOR DESTRUCTION attack die re-roll power.
    -Torin: Evil Eye Protection
    As a Medium figure that follows Utgar, an Alpha-Prime Enforcer may benefit from Torin's Evil Eye Protection defensive ability.
    -Alpha Prime Enforcer: Bodyguard Detail
    After revealing an order marker on and taking a turn with a unique Guard squad, or unique Deathwalker or Warden hero you control that follows Utgar, 2 Alpha-Prime Enforcers may take a turn.  Unique Guard Squads that follow Utgar include: Zettian Guards.  Unique Deathwalker Heroes that follow Utgar  include: DeathWalker 7000, DeathWalker 8000, DeathWalker 9000.  Unique Warden Heroes that follow Utgar include: Warden 816, Mistress Isadora.
    - Commander Kaelex: Guard Patrol Bonding
    As a Common Guard Hero that follows Utgar, an Alpha-Prime Enforcer may benefit from Commander Kaelex’s GUARD  PATROL BONDING.
    -Commander Kaelex: Dead Man’s Switch
    As a Guard that follows Utgar, an Alpha-Prime Enforcer may be chosen by Commander Kaelex to receive a wound using Dead Man's Switch.  A figure adjacent to the chosen Alpha-Prime Enforcer also receives a wound.
    WARDEN 816 : Guard Leadership
    As a guard, An Apha-Prime Enforcer may benefit from Warden 816's GUARD LEADERSHIP movement bonus.

Last edited by Derek S on Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:18 pm

Kai wrote:
    The new wording just doesn't flow smoothly. I think I like the old phrasing better:

OK, I will restore it to the original.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:03 pm

Alpha-Prime Enforcer
    NWHC WAVE 2 - Reinforcements of the Taunting Tide - Alphas and Rangers

W2 Alpha Prime Enforcer - released - Page 4 AlphaPrimeEnforcerR.NWHC  W2 Alpha Prime Enforcer - released - Page 4 AlphaPrimeEnforcer.BasicR.NWHC

PDF DOWNLOAD, front
    PDF DOWNLOAD, back

Figure: DC Heroclix, Legacy, Persuader Rookie #067

General: Utgar
    Planet: Isadora

Species: Soulborg
    Common Hero
    Class: Guard
    Personality: Fearless
    Medium 5

Life: 1
    Move: 5
    Range: 1
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 5
    25 Points

BODYGUARD DETAIL
    After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Guard squad, or Unique Deathwalker or Warden hero you control that follows Utgar, after taking a turn with that unit, you may take a turn with two Alpha-Prime Enforcers you control.

POWER-AXE
    When an Alpha-Prime Enforcer attacks a figure that has a Special Attack, add 1 attack die. An Alpha Prime Enforcer cannot have its Range modified.

Character Bio:
    As the wars on Alpha Prime raged on, the Soulborgs continued to evolve from their simple Robota origins into more efficient machines of war. Seeking more ways to upgrade and improve, the Soulborgs expanded their own science but also forced captive Mariedians to develop other advances. One leap forward in technology was the creation of the massive living computers that were collections of different ‘souls.’ One such living computer, dubbed MSS-I-47 (for Master Series System 47 - Planet Isadora), was the most successful and feared.

As its primary task, MSS-I-47 was to manage and control captive Mariedians. It created a process for imprisoning, interrogating, and when appropriate, re-educating and re-programming them into useful tools for the new rulers of Alpha Prime.

Over hundreds of years of torture and cruelty, MSS-I-47 made several advances with its experiments. The Soulborg developed machines to hack into the minds of its captives, carving through their recent memories as well as deepest secrets. The subjects rarely survived the surgically invasive interrogations and so MSS-I-47 explored ways to “digitize” its victims and bring them into both a physical and virtual prison. Once in the cybernetic prison, the subject’s mind could be explored, the necessary information extracted, and then if they somehow survived, their body would be ejected from the system for re-programming or future interrogation if needed.

MSS-I-47 continued to grow in power and technomantic knowledge. In continuing experiments, it “re-programmed” the Mariedians from human bodied slaves into robotic soldiers. From those experiments rose a new class of Soulborg labeled the Alpha Prime Enforcers. Metal and cyber-machinery wrapped in synthetic flesh to appear humanoid, the Enforcers descended on Mariedian targets revealed during interrogation. The Enforcers wore the face of their former host, and then once their task was complete they were issued a silver mask to join the faceless ranks of MSS-I-47’s hunters and guardians.

After nearly a thousand year reign of terror, the civil war between the Soulborgs of Alpha Prime erupted on Isadora. The Omnicrons launched a surprise attack, arming Mariedians as a distraction from their primary mission – to steal the technology of MSS-I-47. With its Enforcers barely holding off the Omnicrons, the massive soulborg knew it was only a matter of time before it would fall to the enemy. It had grown to incredible size, nearly that of a building, but its only hope to escape was to inhabit the body of one of its Enforcers. Only a fraction of its power would remain but its main programming would survive. With the assistance of its guardians, MSS-I-47 transferred its Robota soul into a female Enforcer body, and after destroying her back-up data, slipped away from the battle.

MSS-I-47 found life outside of her massive form surprisingly invigorating. Her guardians now called her Mistress, as she was both their dominator and commander. She retreated to other hidden bases to continue to improve her now mobile form. She developed a portable digitizing weapon to encase her enemies in a cybernetic prison and if they survived they could be transferred to storage devices or prison cells later. The confines of the portable cyber-prison are not as strong, so there was a chance that a willful captive will escape, but Mistress Isadora’s Enforcers are often nearby to recover the escapee.

During the various conflicts between the Soulborgs of Alpha Prime, Mistress Isadora worked with several allies including Warden 816. The two fought side by side and the Mistress shared her guardsmen with the Warden’s forces. In exchange Warden 816 provided schematics and designs elements for his Evisceraxe so that the Enforcers’ weapons could be upgraded to their signature Power Axes.

She also learned how to transfer her programming (“soul”) into other Enforcers, though this required an elaborate procedure. It meant that if her current host was heavily damaged, that her guardians to revive her in a new body if necessary.

When seeking new soldiers and leaders for the Battle of All Time, Utgar could not resist pulling the Mistress and her Enforcers to Valhalla. She was more than willing to face off against the Omnicrons and Mariedians again, and she had many new species to dominate and experiment on once again.

- Rulings and Clarifications -

Deathwalker 9000 adds 2 to the range of Soulborg Guards adjacent to him. It does this mean the Alpha-Prime Enforcers have a range of 3 when they are adjacent to DW9000?

No Range Enhancement for the Enforcer. DW9000 was changed in the Errata of the last version of the official HS FAQ as follows:
    RANGE ENHANCEMENT: Any Soulborg Guards you control with a Range number of 4 or more that are adjacent to Deathwalker 9000 add 2 spaces to their Range.

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered

- N/A

Synergy Benefits Received

-ZETTIAN INFANTRY : Utgar Soulborg Bonding
    As a Soulborg hero who follows Utgar, an Alpha-Prime Enforcer may benefit from Zettian Infantry's UTGAR SOULBORG BONDING.

-ZETTIAN INFANTRY : Circuitry Replacement
    As a Soulborg hero who follows Utgar, an Alpha-Prime Enforcer may benefit from Zettian Infantry's CIRCUITRY REPLACEMENT.

-Deathcommander Mark 3: Marked For Destruction
    Being a Soulborg that follows Utgar, an Alpha-Prime Enforcer may utilize Deathcommander Mark 3’s MARKED FOR DESTRUCTION attack die re-roll power.

-Torin: Evil Eye Protection
    As a Medium figure that follows Utgar, an Alpha-Prime Enforcer may benefit from Torin's Evil Eye Protection defensive ability.

-Alpha Prime Enforcer: Bodyguard Detail
    After revealing an order marker on and taking a turn with a unique Guard squad, or unique Deathwalker or Warden hero you control that follows Utgar, 2 Alpha-Prime Enforcers may take a turn. Unique Guard Squads that follow Utgar include: Zettian Guards. Unique Deathwalker Heroes that follow Utgar include: DeathWalker 7000, DeathWalker 8000, DeathWalker 9000. Unique Warden Heroes that follow Utgar include: Warden 816, Mistress Isadora.

-Commander Kaelex: Guard Patrol Bonding
    As a Common Guard Hero that follows Utgar, an Alpha-Prime Enforcer may benefit from Commander Kaelex’s GUARD  PATROL BONDING.

-WARDEN 816 : Guard Leadership
    As a guard, An Apha-Prime Enforcer may benefit from Warden 816's GUARD LEADERSHIP movement bonus.

-Commander Kaelex: Dead Man’s Switch
    As a Guard that follows Utgar, an Alpha-Prime Enforcer may be chosen by Commander Kaelex to receive a wound using Dead Man's Switch.  A figure adjacent to the chosen Alpha-Prime Enforcer also receives a wound.

Synergy Imposed

- N/A
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:52 pm

The Enforcer has his own post on HS . . .

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2001703&postcount=153

Kai, if you want to update the OP, please copy the previous post. Thanks.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:14 pm