Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

Wave 1: The Fallen and the Faithful, Final

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Wave 1: The Fallen and the Faithful, Final - Page 2 Empty Re: Wave 1: The Fallen and the Faithful, Final

Post  Lord Kai Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:14 am

Nomad wrote:If we are OK with not releasing them in a wave/pack, then I think we can get these four figures and our thread started by Friday: 1) Sylvan Animae, 2) Sacred Fusiliers, 3) Kyssandra, 4) Chela.

Next week, we can do 5) Harpies and 6) Uvall.

And then 7) Templars of Ascalon, Cool Baron Sebastian, and 9) Bishop Thaddeus.

And then . . . we should be ready to roll with another 3 cards or so.

To release the first four - we need bios done.

I'm okay with a staggered release. Since we have enough Customs ready to go, we can do something like Two per week to start (which is sort of a Wave Pack). This is what I would advise if we want feedback on the customs. If we release too many, too fast - the comments might get lost.

Instead of mixed figures in a wave (like Anubian Wolves and 4th Mass in the same pack), I could see complimentary waves:

1. Sacred Fusiliers and Bishop Thaddeus
    2. Templars of Ascalon, Baron Sebastian
    3. Chela, Kyssandra (heroes)
    4. Bloodhunter Harpies, Uvall

That's 8 customs - all of which I think are about 90% complete (some word-smithing, some Bio's needed). With the 4 groupings above that is one month of customs. That gives us a one month lead time for our next 2 customs - which I think we could easily keep pace with once school starts up again.

And looking at it, there are 4 Einar, 3 Valkrill and 1 Ullar above. We have a lot of Aquilla coming (Sylvans, Torver, Na'bora Saar Sniper, Zaiken). We're a little shy on Ullar, Jandar, and Vydar.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Wave 1: The Fallen and the Faithful, Final - Page 2 Empty Re: Wave 1: The Fallen and the Faithful, Final

Post  Lord Kai Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:53 am

Also, is there a priority for the remaining customs that we'd like to bump for play-testing?

Zaiken seems fairly balanced but needs a few more tries.
    Demon Hunters are getting there.
    Na'bora Saar needs more testing (finalize points for sure).
    Torver needs more testing (points, bonding).
    Gammacron seems ready to go.
    Tanarus needs testing and a better name.
    Wizard Illusionist doing well, maybe a few more tests.

On deck:
    Anubian Alpha
    Minotaurs
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:15 pm

Kai wrote:1. Sacred Fusiliers and Bishop Thaddeus
    2. Templars of Ascalon, Baron Sebastian
    3. Chela, Kyssandra (heroes)
    4. Bloodhunter Harpies, Uvall

I like your idea for the themed releases. We would still have the Slyvan Animae in reserve.

Since C3V is releasing its last pack this Wednesday, why don't we wait a week after that and shoot for next Wednesday, August 14th.

Maybe we could get a thread up this weekend and just announce that it is coming?

We will need a bio for the Bishop done in the next few days.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:56 pm

I'm totally flexible on the order of the releases, by the way. I was just making a list.

But I can have the Bio's done Sunday night so that they can be reviewed and approved - for a posting say Wednesday 8/14.

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:05 pm

Also if we are going to go with the Sylvan Animae, I should really get to work figuring out their Unique Hero ~ the Man-Thing figure (Tawarthion). Maybe Zaiken can be in that release as well.

That could be two of the "Primordial Lords" - Water and Forest/Wood.

Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:54 am

Good idea!
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:04 am

Bump.

Damon wrote:Since C3V is releasing its last pack this Wednesday, why don't we wait a week after that and shoot for next Wednesday, August 14th.

Maybe we could get a thread up this weekend and just announce that it is coming?

We will need a bio for the Bishop done in the next few days.
    I would be happy to get a thread up this weekend and try for our first release by next Wednesday, 8/21. It might take some time for it all to develop, so if we don't do one release a week, no biggie.

Thoughts? Do we want to pursue sharing your excellent work? If there are other ideas for the order of release, please share.

I'm just pushing for it to happen . . .
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:19 am

I wouldn't do a big "in 5 days release" but rather pick 2 that are already done and put them out there with a little background, the LD, and such. We can name them as part of a pack, or release, and fill it in as we go. But I am good with however you guys decide to go about it.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:33 pm

Sorry I did not get to the Bio's for my figures. Probably this weekend though.

If cards and Bio's are ready to go = please feel free to launch what we have : )
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:23 am

This is what I think we have completed

Completed Units (with bio)
    1. Sylvan Animae (Med. Common Squad)
    2. Sacred Fusiliers (Med. Common Squad)
    3. Chela (Huge Unique Hero)
    4. Kyssandra (medium unique hero)
    5. Uvall (Large unique hero)
    6. Bloodharpies (Medium common squad)
    7. Templars of Ascalon (Medium common squad)
    8. Richter (meduim)
    9. Baron Sebastian (medium)
    10. Bishop Thaddeus (medium)
    11. Gammacron (Large/Medium)

Those that have been voted on and passed to released

Sacred Fusiliers
    Chela

Let me know if I am missing or mistaken on anything.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:26 pm

Arrhhh! I owe you guys like 7 Bio's!! Sorry.

Do we have a release date set?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:06 am

Last Wednesday . . . Smile 

. . . or any time we are ready.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:48 pm

Sorry guys, I've been slacking on our forum site here.

I'll work on Bio's this week.

If you want to start the thread with other Units that are fully finalized (Chela, Fusiliers), go for it : )
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:57 pm

Trust me, you are not a slacker. No pressure! This is all for fun. I start back at work full time tomorrow, so maybe next weekend we can get something started on Heroscapers.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:54 am

Like the themed release idea, but I don't think it matters so much if we release 2 at a time, putting them in a wave as we go. Ultimately I think we should get a couple out there tomorrow and see what follows (with our work). Or lets wait until a complete wave is done and release it. Several are ready to go so let's put them out there, noting what wave/release they belong to.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:47 am

We have great stuff to share! Let's share it! Creativity. Attention to detail. Thorough tests. Decent card work. Fun on the battlefield. Plus, I want some feedback from the HS community (not that I would change anything).

I have tomorrow AM to devout to a release (6AM-10AM). After that, it will have to wait until Saturday morning (9/7) for me. Since I have the jpeg links for the cards and can upload the pdfs pretty quickly . . . maybe I should run with our thread (I will share my login info with you in case you want to make edits to the thread). I really don't won't the responsibility, but . . . OK, yes I do want the responsibility (control freak?), just the kind of guy I am. But I would be pleased as punch if I could send these to you so you could run with it. Let me know.

Do we need bios? Can we share what we have and just leave a blank spot for the bios and fill them in when we get them done? I'm leaning towards this option.

Mind you, we will only be putting out a couple of units per week . . . so, we are way ahead of the game.

On a side note, do you want me to send the work on the cards to you?

If so,
    GIMP, PDF, or JPEG? Or all? If you have GIMP, the cards print slightly better and it is editable as long as you have installed GIMP, but the size is huge. PDF is what everyone will get. JPEG is just the image of the card and don't try to print from it (but it is easier to share in an e-mail or web based format).

Order of release? I don't think it has been decided. Opinions? I really like the idea of themed releases, regardless of wave/pack info coming ahead of any release. Let people evaluate as they come out. Plus, this will give us more time to figure out what to release next and to come up with bios.

Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:00 am

Yes, I would like Gimp, as I have had it installed for quite some time.

Put 2 cards out there tomorrow, whatever they might be. I thought we needed a bio but if not release whatever. Do it by themes, packs, whatever- I don't really care. Some characters will be lost without theme though, Torver, Chela, Richtar, Gammacron. Do what ever you guys want. We decided a long time ago to away with the wave, but so as long as we note what wave/release they belong in do whatever. If you can't tell I don't really care as long as our efforts are put out there, tomorrow.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:03 am

I will be free from 9am - 10am if you want to give me a call, Nomad. We can walk through some ideas over the phone much faster than posting.

I've been trying on the Bio's but I think I am over-thinking them. I wrote 3 paragraphs on the Templars of Ascalon, when it should probably be 2-3 sentences right?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:27 pm

My attempt at themed releases:

Week 1 (9/7): The Cleric & Monks
    Sacred Fusiliers, Bishop Thaddeus

Week 2 (9/14): Dark Demon & Harpies
    Uvall, Bloodhunter Harpies

Week 3 (9/21): Heroes of Braunglayde
    Richter, Gammacron, Chela

Week 4 (9/28): The Baron & Templars
    Templars of Ascalon, Baron Sebastian

Week 5 (10/4): Viper Queen & Sylvan
    Kyssandra, Sylvan Animae

Week 6 (10/11): Stone Giant & Hunters
    Torver, Shadow Slayers of Kresnik

What do you think?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:59 pm

I'm all good with however you guys want to release them. I just think leaving the OP to specific waves would be kind of cool. So Week 1 (9/7): The Cleric & Monks
    Sacred Fusiliers, Bishop Thaddeus

are released in posts 2 and 3. the OP would be arranged something like this.

Wave 1
    Pack 1
    Heros (need a name)
    Richter
    Bishop Thaddeus
    Baron Sebastian
    Kyssandra

Pack 2
    Sacred Fusiliers
    Templars of Ascalon

Pack 3
    Bloodharpies
    Sylvan Animae

Pack 4

Large Expansion Pack
    Chela
    Gammacron
    Torver
    Uvall

Wave 2
    Pack 1
    Zaiken

With the red being the only ones shown. As we add releases we add to the OP. When we actually have a pack completed we name it. Essentially if we have parts of three different waves out there it is ok. The OP will place them in packs and waves. Maybe the 2nd post should say what is currently being released and have them in spoilers together.

No big deal anyway to me. Just an idea. I am most interested in getting these customs out there for review.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:15 pm

OK, let's put some names to the packs/wave.

What were you thinking for pack 4 of the first wave? Shadow Slayers and Minotaurs?

I'm good with doing it that way, but we will need to come up with more common squads to fit the wave/pack formula.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:33 pm

We could always 2 or 3 packs of heroes in a wave, I am not suggesting to follow a rigid formula of commons/heroes for a pack. We don't need to name a pack/wave until everything is released in that pack/wave. Ultimately I don't really care. If this is too difficult we can not worry about it. Just a suggestion. My post below was just an outline so my thoughts could be followed on the layout, not that they would be specifically followed.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:44 pm

Yep - I think we are all throwing out ideas on how we envision sharing our customs. I'm good with releasing a couple at a time from whatever wave/pack. I was just wondering about names and what would fit into pack 4.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:12 pm

maybe Slayers and the Beasts

Maybe it's the Shadow Slayers and we leave the 2nd half blank until we find a good fit. Minotaurs could be the start of pack 2 in wave 2. Or vice versa. Or rearrange my post from earlier to make more sense. I really don't think it matters all that much. Just a touch of officialness that we don't really have to concern ourselves with until a complete pack/wave is released. The releases themselves I think are better if thematic in our case.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:18 am

Just letting you both know that the Vancouver/Portland area is looking at the 19th of October for NHSD. Hopefully all of the Seattle area players that have a desire can make it on that date. We are still checking locations, either Dice Age or Robdaman's church. Let me know if the date doesn't work for you guys and hopefully we can change it (Josh has already talked to a fair amount about the date which was still up in the air until I talked to him today). By the sounds of it the numbers might be up a little this year- I think Josh as a couple of new players and Paul and a few are saying they are really ready to get back into it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:53 am