Cryptic Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cryptic Alliance

Digital Domain for the Discussion and Discourse of Dungeons, Dragons, and other Distractions

3 posters

Wave 1: The Fallen and the Faithful, Final

Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Wave 1: The Fallen and the Faithful, Final - Page 3 Empty Re: Wave 1: The Fallen and the Faithful, Final

Post  Lord Kai Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:05 pm

I will mark my calendar for October 19th. I am doubtful of a turn-out for a Seattle NHSD.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Wave 1: The Fallen and the Faithful, Final - Page 3 Empty Re: Wave 1: The Fallen and the Faithful, Final

Post  Lord Kai Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:51 pm

Notes from my game day with Nomad and Kai -

Northwest Heroscape Customs (NWHC) Wave 1 – “THE FALLEN AND THE FAITHFUL”
    Pack 1                                        
    HEROES OF BRAUNGLAYDE
    Richter
    Bishop Thaddeus
    Baron Sebastian
    Zaiken (Primordial)
    Kyrllin (Wizard)

Pack 2 – DEVOUT DEFENDERS
    Sacred Fusiliers
    Templars of Ascalon

Pack 3 – SHADOW HUNTERS
    Bloodharpies
    Shadow Slayers of Kresnik
    Nabora Saar Sniper

Pack 4 – THUNDER AND GLADE
    Minotaurs of Nullondia
    Sylvan Animae

Large Expansion Pack – BRAUNGLAYDE’S RECKONING
    Chela
    Gammacron
    Torver
    Uvall
    Kyssandra

RED text indicates more playtesting or a slight modification of points/stats still needed.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:15 pm

Derek wrote:Just letting you both know that the Vancouver/Portland area is looking at the 19th of October for NHSD. Hopefully all of the Seattle area players that have a desire can make it on that date. We are still checking locations, either Dice Age or Robdaman's church
    I will put the 19th on the calendar. Jacob's X-country season ends the 17th and with no soccer this year, he should be able to make the trip down as well. Thanks for the info.

Northwest Heroscape Customs (NWHC) Wave 1 – “THE FALLEN AND THE FAITHFUL”

Derek, want to you think of our ideas/names? Kai and I talked about typing up an introduction to the wave which I will work on tonight/tomorrow - the intro sounded pretty good in discussion. I have most of tomorrow open, so I think we can get this thing going tomorrow. The releases still won't be by pack, but we will have them slotted that way in the OP. If we release a couple of cards a week, we still 5-6 weeks to nail down those guys in red. Plus we will need to work on bios.
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:52 pm

All sounds good. What is Braunglyade from? Thunder & Glade the least desirable name IMHO (although it is kind of cool as well). Wish I could have been up there.

We are looking at the first game being a team game, and going rolling rumble from there. As soon as we get a location we will put a thread out there. Do you guys prefer Dice Age (if we can get it, or a church in Wilsonville where we can have more room, set up time, etc.? I have kind of pushed for the church but it is questionable. My shop, or our kids preschool are a couple of other options.)
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:59 pm

I wouldn't mind having more room/time, so I would vote for the church if possible. Dice Age got pretty hectic with all of those other events going on around us. Just my two cents.

Braunglayde is the province/territory in Valhalla just south of Lindesfarme, which is the HQ for Einar. After I get the write-up done, it will make more sense.

Another idea! GORE AND GLADE? GORE AND GROVE?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:12 am

I like the Gore better, probably with glade.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Wave 1: The Fallen and the Faithful, Final - Page 3 Empty Wave 1 Introduction

Post  Nomad Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:24 am

Here is my attempt at the intro to our wave . . . suggestions always welcome.

Northwest Heroscape Customs (NWHC) Wave 1

“THE FALLEN AND THE FAITHFUL”

Rumors of sickening clouds of disease and immense clouds of dust were heard from the refugees leaving Braunglayde, just to the southeast of General Einar's stronghold located in Lindesfarme. Einar dispatched scouts and soon learned that the rumors were worse than ever imagined.

Sordid stories were uttered by the scouts - flying demon hunters, one that could raise demons from the battlefield dead, and a demon lord so ferocious the scouts were shuttering in fear in telling their report. Disease, pestilence, and terror were only part of the story. Seen trampling villages and mangling the farmers of this once peaceful province were droves of beastly minotaurs. Utgar and Valkrill had sent a force of the fallen to conquer Einar!

Fearing this encroachment of darkness, Einar summoned through the portals the faithful and the devout – monks, knights templar, a cleric, a baron with a banner, and a gladiator of renown from future ages.

Einar’s pleas for help were heard from Aquilla, who sent a collection of impressive warriors - a stone giant, a water primordial, snipers, defenders of the forest, and a mysterious order from Kresnik who had mastered the hunting of those in darkness. Ullar was able to spare a viper queen and a wizard with powers of illusion. Despite battling on his own fronts, Jandar sent a soulborg to aid in the defense.

Is this the end of Einar? Or will the Faithful and their comrades be able to defend against the Fallen?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:36 am

pretty awesome
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:36 am

Thanks, Derek.

Here is what I'm thinking for the OP. Let me know if any tweaks should be made. We can also do adjustments of the OP later. By the way, my Heroscapers login is Nomad and my password is Nomadic if you want to go in and change anything in our OP (or mess with my posts).

A few of us who reside in the Pacific Northwest (Longy 418, obfuscatedhippo, and Nomad) have been developing and playing our own customs for a couple of years. We figured it was time to start humbly sharing our work with the rest of the Heroscape community. We enjoy collectively creating these figures almost as much as doing battle with them.

A special thanks goes to Huskies16 and (insert Jason's HS ID) for sharing your creative ideas and play tests to get the figures just right.

Northwest Heroscape Customs (NWHC) will be releasing a couple of cards each week until our first “wave” is complete. Our goal is that our efforts aid in the hope that this great game will survive so that we can do battle with our grandchildren and your grandchildren.

We welcome your feedback on our first release.

NWHC Wave 1: THE FALLEN AND THE FAITHFUL

Rumors of sickening clouds of disease and immense clouds of dust were heard from the refugees leaving Braunglayde, just to the southeast of General Einar's stronghold located in Lindesfarme. Einar dispatched scouts and soon learned that the rumors were worse than ever imagined.

Sordid stories were uttered by the scouts - flying demon hunters, one that could raise demons from the battlefield dead, and a lord of demons so ferocious the scouts were shuttering in fear in telling their report. Disease, pestilence, and terror were only part of the story. Seen trampling villages and mangling the farmers of this once peaceful province were droves of beastly minotaurs. Utgar and Valkrill had sent a force of the fallen to conquer Einar!

Fearing this encroachment of darkness, Einar summoned through the portals those faithful and devout – monks, knights templar, a cleric, a baron with a banner, and a gladiator of renown from future ages.

Einar’s pleas for help were heard from Aquilla, who sent a collection of impressive warriors - a stone giant, a water primordial, snipers, defenders of the forest, and a mysterious order from Kresnik who had mastered hunting those of darkness. Ullar was able to spare a viper queen and a wizard with powers of illusion. Despite battling on his own fronts, Jandar sent a soulborg to aid in the defense.

Is this the end of Einar? Or will the Faithful and their comrades be able to defend against the Fallen?

Pack 1: HEROES OF BRAUNGLAYDE

Richter - Einar, Unique Hero, Gladiator.
    Bishop Thaddeus - Einar, Unique Hero, Cleric
    Baron Sebastian - Einar, Unique Hero, Valiant
    Zaiken - Aquilla, Unique Hero, Primordial
    Kyrllin - Ullar, Unique Hero, Illusionist

Pack 2: DEVOUT DEFENDERS

Sacred Fusiliers – Einar, Common Squad, Monks
    Templars of Ascalon – Einar, Common Squad, Knights

Pack 3 – HARPIES AND HUNTERS

Bloodhunter Harpies – Valkrill, Common Squad, Demons
    Shadow Slayers of Kresnik – Aquilla, Common Squad, Hunters
    Nabora Saar Sniper – Aquilla, Uncommon Hero, Scout

Pack 4 – GORE AND GLADE

Minotaurs of Nullondia – Utgar, Common Squad, Beasts
    Sylvan Animae – Aquilla, Common Squad, Guards

Large Expansion Pack – BRAUNGLAYDE’S RECKONING

Chela – Valkrill, Unique Hero, Demonlord
    Gammacron – Jandar, Unique Hero, Soulborg
    Torver – Aquilla, Unique Hero, Dauntless
    Uvall – Valkrill, Unique Hero, Demon
    Kyssandra – Ullar, Unique Hero, Warlord
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:25 pm

Excellent write up!!!
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:35 pm

Thanks. I will try to get something started today. I will drop a couple of things into spoilers.

Derek - does the OP sound good to you?
    Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:41 am

I think it sounds good.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Wave 1: The Fallen and the Faithful, Final - Page 3 Empty We Are Live - 9/12/2013

Post  Nomad Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:18 pm

3.5 hours after starting the uploads, etc. . . . we are live!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=49331

Let me know of any issues or improvements. Or, you can go in and tweak things if you'd like.

Next release?

Derek S
    Derek S

Post  Derek S Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:43 pm

Cool beans. In a week or so or whenever you have the time for the next release.

I have been horribly busy and it looks like things are going to stay that way for a bit. Hopefully by the tail end of next week things will cool off enough for me to get some PTing and ideas out there.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:11 am

Nomad wrote:3.5 hours after starting the uploads, etc. . . . we are live!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=49331

Let me know of any issues or improvements. Or, you can go in and tweak things if you'd like.

Next release?

AWESOME!!!!!

Reading now ...
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm

The thread has about 60 views at this point (seems light, but traffic on 'Scapers has been dropping lately).

Everything this AMAZING though! Fantastic details on the cards (downloadable formats, great image size) ... you must have worked really REALLY hard to get it looking that good : )

I'm glad that we launched and that we're starting to share with the Heroscapers!!!

Thank you both!!!
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:37 pm

So, who do we want to release this week?

I was thinking Uvall and the Harpies, but we don't have bios for them.

How about Chela and . . . ?
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:57 pm

Sorry I don't have the Bio's for Uvall and The Harpies.  I think you could release them still if you wanted to, and we can add later.

I do think that CHELA would be good though.  He has very different powers and that might start some discussion. Maybe Chela and Baron Sebastian to complete the "Templar" faction?
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:01 am

I think Chela would be good to throw out to prompt discussion as well. I am also good with releasing figures without bios . . . we can add them later.

I will try to release a couple more tomorrow if time permits.
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:07 pm

I think CHELA and GAMMACRON would be great for posting. They are both awesome and have Bio's ready to go. And it starts the Large Figure expansion pack.

See you guys this weekend.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:45 pm

An hour later and I only got Chela uploaded and our thread adjusted. I'll try to get Gammacron up tomorrow if possible. Please take a look at the thread on Heroscapers and let me know if you see anything amiss . . . or edit yourself - Login: Nomad, Password: Nomadic.

Thanks for the great customs!
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:15 pm

For Chela, you have:

Figure: Pathfinder, Rise of the Ruins, Treachery Demon

It should be:

Figure: Pathfinder, Rise of the Runelords, Treachery Demon
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:07 pm

Thanks for the games on Sunday!!!

I would be in favor of inviting Toogwick_tuk to our Northwest Customs.  He's got some great ideas and he's local to Derek so that could help with play-testing : )

For this week's release ... maybe we can throw Uvall and the Harpies up. I won't have time for Bio's but I could add them later.
    Nomad
    Nomad

Post  Nomad Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:40 pm

Thanks for the catch on the set Chela comes from. I was just copying of the OP here and didn't notice. I will fix it.

Uvall and Harpies

OR

Baron and Templars

hmm . . .
    Lord Kai
    Lord Kai

Post  Lord Kai Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:31 pm

Ooooh, Baron and Templars already have a Bio. Might be easier : )

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:36 am